• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suicide.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
Years

• Suicide is one's way of telling God, "You can't fire me-- I quit."

What are your guys' thoughts on suicide? Have you ever been suicidal?

I have been suicidal. In fact, I met one of my very good friends because of a suicide note. But that's beside the point... yes, I have been suicidal, but now that I think about the whole topic of it I believe that it is completely stupid, myself.

Your thoughts?

Years
  • Suicide is the los3rs way out.

when they cant finish the game, and just turn the console off.

Phailbot.

I dissaprove of suicide more than anything. Silly and altogether selfish.

Years
  • The legacy of Dragonslayerboy passes on.

Anyway, no I do not believe I have ever been suicidal. To abandon what other people have given you all your life and such is the most selfish action taken possible. Your problems can never mount to make this action a plausible answer.

Jordan.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • Selfish because they do not think of what awful impact it has on those who love you.
    Agreed! I know that when I was suicidal, I was focusing only on the bad things that were coming towards me and happening to me and that I was experiencing. Never the good things. So therefore, more of those bad things were attracted to me until I was full of negative thoughts and I exploded -- not literally. XD
    But suicide is one of the worst feelings in the world, especially when you choose/can't tell anyone about it. It's really unpleasant.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Suicide is the los3rs way out.

when they cant finish the game, and just turn the console off.
    Duh. But they should just respawn...

I think that suicide is not only a stupid thing to do, but also ungrateful, selfish and a benefit to nobody. People have spent there lives looking after you and the best way you can repay them is taking yours and causing them further unecessary grief. Also there are people a lot worse of than we are, so why we should complain is hardly up to us.

There is something like a 1 in 4billion chance of you existing here today (i.e parents meeting, fertilisation, survival, other random strokes of luck etc) and we should be grateful that we were fortunate enough to be created. I don't believe in a God or any afterlife, so I think we should cherish our short existence in this world and do some good in it, rather than throw it away so haphazardly.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • I never told anyone about mine, and I feel completely normal. o_o;

Anyway, I used to. Got over it myself and stuff.

Stupid crap that is suicide. >>
    Oh, just go ahead and pick on me why don't you. D:
    It would obviously be a different situation for different people, but GENERALLY speaking, yes, it is an unpleasant feeling.
    Plus, Derrick, I've known you plenty of times to break down during a conversation with me. yeah, normal. Mmhm.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    I felt suicidal once. I went into my kitchen and took out a butchers knife, but then I thought about everyone who would miss me and I put it away.

Years
  • Its sad that kids are feeling suicidal. If you asked me, id say child suicide is for attention.

Children cannot comprehend pain and hurt strong enough to cause suicidal urges.

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    Well,i think that it is a very idiotic thing to do.You were given life but you coud not handle what ever situation that you were in.
    You gave up whatever reason.That's being a quitter.That's a dumb way to say good-bye too your loved ones.
    So in my opinion,i think that commiting suicide or being suicidal is completly idiotic.

:t149:Pokefan2007

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • Its sad that kids are feeling suicidal. If you asked me, id say child suicide is for attention.

Children cannot comprehend pain and hurt strong enough to cause suicidal urges.
    Actually, I disagree with that statement. Though yes, a lot of it is simply for attention, not all. Basically what you're saying is children do not have the capability to think so deep to feel some of those emotions.
    Some do.
    Not bragging or anything, but take me for example. I'm a sophomore and I think more at a college level, when I was suicidal back in middle school I also thought at a level of a junior or a senior. But I understand what you mean as a generalization.

Years
  • Im talking about primary school kids.

Under the age of 12. 13. Seriously, if they think life sucks then, wait till they get older. It only gets harder.

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    On the other hand,maybe something went worng in that person life and they had to quit.
    Maybe they had to stop trying.It might havew been better that way for that person.
    Maybe that person could not stand something and chose suicide.
    Maybe it was the right choice for that person.

Years
  • On the other hand,maybe something went worng in that person life and they had to quit.
    Maybe they had to stop trying.It might havew been better that way for that person.
    Maybe that person could not stand something and chose suicide.
    Maybe it was the right choice for that person.

And i highly doubt your response. Thats a pathetic excuse.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Suicide. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. That's how I see it as. Plus a mix of religious beliefs come into play, so I think it's wrong for those reasons as well.

Still, people do seem to look down upon those who are/have been suicidal, and as Ausaudriel said, it's quite rude and pathetic that society still stigmatises those who may genuinely be calling out for help.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • Okay, this post is just plain rude. :/ Will all do respect, you have no idea what goes through a person's mind when they're seriously contemplating suicide. I know you haven't because if you've ever been in that situation you'd never have said what you did.

People who are honestly in so deep that they feel killing themselves is the only solution need help. I don't mean that cruelly, I mean it very literally, they need help. What they DON'T need, however, is criticism and ridicule and comments like "it's selfish", "you're a failure", and so on. All that will do is make it worse.

On a side note, some people think it's cool to talk about committing suicide, cool to say that they've thought about it / attempted it / cut themselves, whatever else, but the vast majority of those people aren't being truthful (I'm not saying all of them, but quite a bit.) For those who have actually experienced it, it's a private matter that they don't want people knowing about.
    Agreed completely. I've never actually met someone else in real life that has seriously thought of suicide, but I have had people tell me that they're cutting theirselves, or they will commit suicide (jokingly) etc. And I know that when I was, everything immediately changed when I was introduced to my counselor. All I needed was a little scare by my dad and grandma and the counselor, some serious talking and some help. Some people on the other hand refuse to get/take help and others are just pleading for attention. No one EVER laughed at me or made fun of me when I was so depressed, in fact, they all ended up telling my counselor together. <3 True friends, right there.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Well, Suicide is a "Quick-Fix" to ending misery.

Suicide, is a selfish and terrible way to end your life.
    I got a mirical cure to suicidial thoughts! (:D!):

GET HELP AND LIGHTEN UP.

People who commit suicide probably don't say to themselves: "Hm, this is life. Life is not enjoyible. I might as well get my work done, go home and sleep."

Being misrable is a part of life. LIVE WITH IT.

Now that the post is over, it's time for singing! XD

*Starts singing the "Suicidial" part of beautiful girls*

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • the thing with suicide is either you do it or fail.......... or merely claim to have the desire....it's the quiet ones that make me worry.

someone once told me that it is illegal......rofl... made me wonder.... how is it punishable... do they arrest the corpse?

Back