• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suicide.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years

((to keep on subject ;) Sammi, without the need of PMing)

sometimes it's too hard to think positive if the pain of w\e you have is overbearing, and too burdensome...

I just hope that people here aren't viewing deppression as a "curable disease"... it obviously isn't, there's no real drug that can cure it, in fact, it cannot be cured. it is like a big gaping infectious wound that needs to be treated, not bandaged, hidden or covered.
    ((to keep on subject ;) Sammi, without the need of PMing)
    but as mentioned in a different thread, I said that unfortunately, there are people that you just cannot help, you win some, you lose some, and the ones you lose are the ones that tend to really hurt. but you can't expect to win every fight.

I've had a few "crying suicide" friends in the past, but I was pretty sure they were simplying crying for attention. It's the quiet ones that you really gotta look after since you don't know what's going on in their minds. One of my good friends back in high school was one of the quiet ones.... I noticed frustration marks on his arms (he wears long sleeved shirts, anyways) when he was taking off his jacket one day, and that's when my flags went up... considering I didn't know many sources to go to, I decided to go to a teacher that was a mutual friend to us at the time, and you know what.... he was able to help this kid out... all he ready needed was to be out of his household, away from his psychotic mother.... I guess you can see he had an overdose of her bullsquat
    "When I think of 'incurable disease', I really believe it means 'curable from within." -- Bob Proctor, featured in The Secret DVD / Book.

I believe that. Nothing is incurable. There have been remarkable recoveries of countless diseases, and, if you count depression as a disease....

I believe depression is most certainly curable. When you think about it, laughter is really the best medicine. You don't need any drugs or any of that to heal yourself.

All you really need is to laugh, smile, feel good, and believe. Know that you can change. No matter how depressed someone is, I know that they have it in them to laugh. And laughing is such a good feeling -- a cheesy smile spreading across your face feels so good.

As I've mentioned before, don't look at just the negative things. Take in the negative things, understand them, and then let them go. Then move on to positive thoughts. There is a way, of course -- but it's not easy.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    err yes they can and its worse f or them because they dont have coping methods

yea... too true... anyone older than the age of reason can do it...
    the only thing about being a kid, as I remember, heal really quick...BUT those things are possible...we are talking about human nature.

"When I think of 'incurable disease', I really believe it means 'curable from within." -- Bob Proctor, featured in The Secret DVD / Book.

I believe that. Nothing is incurable. There have been remarkable recoveries of countless diseases, and, if you count depression as a disease....

I believe depression is most certainly curable. When you think about it, laughter is really the best medicine. You don't need any drugs or any of that to heal yourself.

All you really need is to laugh, smile, feel good, and believe. Know that you can change. No matter how depressed someone is, I know that they have it in them to laugh. And laughing is such a good feeling -- a cheesy smile spreading across your face feels so good.

As I've mentioned before, don't look at just the negative things. Take in the negative things, understand them, and then let them go. Then move on to positive thoughts. There is a way, of course -- but it's not easy.

like the way light can light up the dark, enough shadows can cover your light...

like I was saying before, I don't feel that it is curable, there is no pill that can remove sadness.... it really is a wound... because of how much we think, a broken mind is in fact broken.

Last edited:

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Sucide I lost my father to that horrifying act. I compltly disaprove of this act, maybe you want to die, but what about your friends, and family. Though you might be going through pain, and suffering, their are other ways out of it then death.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'm not liking this stuff about "suicidal people are attention seeking." lol no. What epople DON'T realize is that this very community practically saved my life. I was feeling pretty terrible, and was actually thinking of that. My own personal beliefs kept me from doing it, but I was close...

When I came here, many friends perked me up and gave me a place where I felt welcome. There's a reason I have 4000+ posts. PC IS my getaway...

But that is getting off-topic...point is, I in no way was seeking attemtion. In fact, I wanted to avopid it completely. People who talk about usually aren't so serious, but just think it's cool. Those people may want attention, but people who are depressed and are thinking about commiting suicide usually aren't seeking attention...USUALLY.

I mean, it's far more serious than something to lol at and make jokes about IMO. I mean, it's a really serious issue. I'm just glad I got the help I needed ^_^ Before it was too late...so you just have to realize how weird this issue can get. there are so many factors, and yeah...I guess those play into what happens.

That's just me though. We're all entitles to our own opinions, eh?

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    I'm not liking this stuff about "suicidal people are attention seeking." lol no. What epople DON'T realize is that this very community practically saved my life. I was feeling pretty terrible, and was actually thinking of that. My own personal beliefs kept me from doing it, but I was close...

When I came here, many friends perked me up and gave me a place where I felt welcome. There's a reason I have 4000+ posts. PC IS my getaway...

But that is getting off-topic...point is, I in no way was seeking attemtion. In fact, I wanted to avopid it completely. People who talk about usually aren't so serious, but just think it's cool. Those people may want attention, but people who are depressed and are thinking about commiting suicide usually aren't seeking attention...USUALLY.

I mean, it's far more serious than something to lol at and make jokes about IMO. I mean, it's a really serious issue. I'm just glad I got the help I needed ^_^ Before it was too late...so you just have to realize how weird this issue can get. there are so many factors, and yeah...I guess those play into what happens.

that's good to hear that people over here shed you some light..

that's why I keep saying... it's the quiet ones you gotta worry about.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years

A lot of the places I visit regularly have made a huge impact on my life. <3 Derrick, and Max, and Ryan, and Megs.... they are my best friends.
    My four best friends. Ever. Including real life. Before them, I was suicidal. I was depressed.

Those four changed my life forever. Megs and Max especially; Megs being so strict but kind about everything and always knowing what to say, and Max being just so fun to talk to in general.

I'm glad that you've found help here. ♥

I remember hearing somewhere... every 45 seconds, someone attempts suicide. Every like, 18 minutes... someone succeeds. It's very sad -- oh, and that's only in America. I swear, you can force yourself to become social, become positive, and heal yourself. I did it. But before you can bounce back up... you have to hit rock bottom. Suicide, I can tell you, is not the answer. It may sound great, but....

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    Yeah, I've felt suicidal before. I even attempted suicide by swallowing a whole packet of ferrous sulphate tablets. Well I survived...somehow :\

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    Yeah, I've felt suicidal before. I even attempted suicide by swallowing a whole packet of ferrous sulphate tablets. Well I survived...somehow :\

wow... that's a different means.... don't do crap like that... you survived because it wasn't your time. That should hopefully mean something to you.

no matter how hard I hit the bottom, I keep telling myself I'm destined for great things... I wish people that can't see that try and think in terms of that... because we can all impact society, whether it be raising a happy family, finding a cure, saving a life.... we're all capable.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I myself have never felt suicidal but I have sunk pretty low on the depression scale.
    the only thing that ever kept me from contemplating suicide is my little brother. I cant think of killing myself. It hurts too much. As much as I may be loath to admit it at times of great depression within me I know that my brother looks up to me.

But I, too have been healed by PC. When I first joined I was completely depressed. Only the thought of how my little brother would feel prevented me from thinking of suicide as an option. When I joined I made quite a few friends and for a while everything was alright. Then the school started blocking this site and all the proxies. Slowly I was cut off from here. D: I recently made my return in april as a much more mature person :p
    I didnt come back 'cuz I was depressed. I came back for my friends (Most of which have left me or turned on me ;; Sad huh?)
    Anyway (Veering back on topic) I feel that suicide is kinda silly once you think about it. It never solves anything. It only hurts the ones you care about the most. and 9/10 people commit suicide because they think that they are causing the people they care about most pain. But in reality they'll cause a trememdous amount of pain if they kill themselves. And what's even more common is that most of the time the person wanting to commit suicide isnt causing pain at all. They just feel really depressed is all.

Yes I do agree that some people do cry "suicide" to get attention sometimes. But there is a real difference between a cry for attention and an actual threat of suicide from someone who is really really depressed.

I myself have talked a few friends down from suicide. It's no laughing matter. It's actually very scary. D:

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    wow... that's a different means.... don't do crap like that... you survived because it wasn't your time. That should hopefully mean something to you.

I know, I'm alright now though ^_^ I would never commit suicide. I'm happy and I've learned to appreciate the value of my life. And I think I'm just hardy, I've survived a lot of things =P

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Suicide is one's way of telling God, "You can't fire me-- I quit."
    LOL!!

I don't know how to lighten this topic up really -.-

If I say I have nothing more to love this world and should die, who could tell me differently?

I'm not strongly against suicide really. To have nothing to want or be, no purpose.... that's not a life worth sustaining.

I'm glad for the fortunate ones whom never felt that ^ way though...

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    I know, I'm alright now though ^_^ I would never commit suicide. I'm happy and I've learned to appreciate the value of my life. And I think I'm just hardy, I've survived a lot of things =P

and you know what.. that's what counts.... each life experience does make us stronger....

when a broken bone mends, the former breaking point is denser... I look at that medical fact and think that a person can do the same, flex 'till they snap, and if they can last the entire healing duration, come out even stronger..

I think I'm proof of that, for one, and I think, so far, many of you guys posting in this thread have proven that, too.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Sometimes things are hard. And some think that that Suicide is a way out. When life is hard, you have to keep going. For the people who think suicide thoughts are cool, you need to take a look around and see people who have really terrible lives and realize how lucky you are. I've had suicidal thoughts. I certainly don't enjoy them.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    Sometimes things are hard. And some think that that Suicide is a way out. When life is hard, you have to keep going. For the people who think suicide thoughts are cool, you need to take a look around and see people who have really terrible lives and realize how lucky you are. I've had suicidal thoughts. I certainly don't enjoy them.

like the rest of your innner demons, you've got to learn to confront 'em and essentially... defeat 'em...

I'm just barely a grown man and I've still got some demons here and there, it's something we've all got to learn to live with.... key word "LIVE"

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I think Suicide is for people who can't take much more of life, So I can't blame them...Life is harsh XD
    But then again, I think it's pretty stupid since well, You give up, and giving up is not a good thing.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    I think Suicide is for people who can't take much more of life, So I can't blame them...Life is harsh XD
    But then again, I think it's pretty stupid since well, You give up, and giving up is not a good thing.

life definitely is harsh...its ups are shortlived and its downs hit hard... but you gotta live life for those few moments that really count...

you know, like watching a sibling graduate, watching your first child be born, wedding... you know what I'm talking about?

Years
    Sucide I lost my father to that horrifying act. I compltly disaprove of this act, maybe you want to die, but what about your friends, and family. Though you might be going through pain, and suffering, their are other ways out of it then death.

Clearly from reading through this topic, i can see that people who have felt suicidal see nothing wrong with it, yet those who have been directly affected by it dont look apon it so lightly.

Perhaps we dissaprove of it so much becauase we're the ones who have had to clean up the mess people leave behind.

Latios is one hundred percent correct here. I can sympathise with him entirely. There are other ways out of it. I mean cmon guys, toughen up. Fair enough, its hard for you, and you just cant seem to get out of that hole that keeps sucking you in, but we are lucky enough to be sitting here, posting on a forum, talking about it compared to people out there who dont even know what the internet is. We are so lucky to be here, ad we have so much to live for. Ive councilled many suicidal teenagers who want to hang themselves becuase they cant deal with the pressures of school. All the while, kids are being used as slaves in other countries, going days without food and generally struggling to live. It gets me so mad to hear that some girl killed herself because of bullying.

Mad both because she was tortured, she didnt know how to reach out, and she was so well off. People would give their souls to live like we do, typing away on our keyboards, eating meals every day. We're so desensitised by our surroundings and the television shows we watch, we dont even realise how goddamn lucky we are.

Contrary to my rather rude and abrupt posts before (Its actually four months since my brother tried to overdose, so i was generally in a bad mood) I have listened to and helped many people with the same problem, becuase the last thing i want is for both them to pass away, and for their loved ones to have to deal with that.

Beleive me. Suicide hurts. Maybe not you, but it hurts us. It really does.

If anyone here EVER needs to talk about it, do not hesitate to PM me. I'll do everything i can to talk to you and help you out because, well, i have alot of experience in that sort of thing. Even if you jst want to chat, talking always helps =)

No matter who you are, i care about you. Becuase even though ive never met you and probably never will, ill be someone who cares about you no matter what you've done, or who you are.

(sorry about the essay xD)

Chibi - Dalgia_X

[Y da hell am i smilin]
    Years
    I'm not an emotional person but when my life was going really terrible i nearly stabbed myself with my own switch blade knife once

sorta silly I know but I felt realli bad then and that was just after my first gf dumped me ut of course that wasn't the only reason I tried to kill myself

Ayce

Thread Killer
    Years
    Suicide is fine just as long as you don't get your blood over me, in which case I'd be forced to kill you, if you weren't already dead that is. j/k

I don't mean sound insensitive towards the topic. It's a very serious issue. I felt suicidal before. Put on some Sean Kingston and laid back with a pack of painkillers in one hand. Hm, any way I look at it, suicide is the easy way out, something I could never commit to. People in that emotional state should consider how it would affect the people around them, and they need to keep their dreams alive and hopes for the future. It's a lot harder to kill yourself if you have something to look forward to.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    LOL!!

I don't know how to lighten this topic up really -.-

If I say I have nothing more to love this world and should die, who could tell me differently?

I'm not strongly against suicide really. To have nothing to want or be, no purpose.... that's not a life worth sustaining.

I'm glad for the fortunate ones whom never felt that ^ way though...

Everyone has a purpose. But, quite honestly, not anyone has the strength to find theirs.

Oh, trust me, I'm sure a whole lot of us have felt that way >< We shouldn't just blow off the people who are yelling out for help by the way of saying that they're going to hurt themselves, they're depressed, going to commit suicide....

If they're pleading for attention, you'll find out if you go to your counselor and tell them what's happening.
    If they're really serious, you'll find out if you go to your counselor and tell them what's happening.

It's like a win-win situation. <3

Back