PDA

View Full Version : ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED?

Pages : [1] 2

.emerald
April 24th, 2008, 12:44 AM
ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED THAT PEOPLE KNOW THAT YOU LIKE POKEMON, OR THEY SAY ITS BABYISH?
FOR ME IM NOT, EVERYBODY KNOWS I LIKE POKEMON IN SCHOOL(I STARTED IT ANYWAY)I LOVE POKEMON WHO CARES WHAT THEY SAY & IM PROUD OF IT!!!!!!^_^"!

Rizapop
April 24th, 2008, 12:57 AM
You shouldn't post in all caps. People who think you're screaming at us. I don't wanna be sceamed at. 3:

But yeah, I'm proud to love this wonderful fandom. They actually call me pika-girl at school, but who cares, right? ^^

DaiLinn
April 24th, 2008, 12:59 AM
lol I'll be 100% honest... I am a little embarrassed sometimes. But then I realize that Pokemon is one of my more normal interests... and I feel a little better. ;P

My mom makes fun of me though, kinda.

.emerald
April 24th, 2008, 01:00 AM
sorry for posting in caps, i just wanted to express my feelings^_^"!

A Loc BK
April 24th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Im really into pokemon as most of you are xD
I dont watch the show/movies, dont have all the games (use to when i was younger) i dont play them or really talk about them xD

My friends know too, I use to live in what you would call ghetto... i hate it when people say "Thats ghetto" threw a brick at someone for callin my family ghetto, i didnt know him dont know if he was joking but as i said i dont know him, haha thats gettin off topic....
I just play pokemon as something to do when im bored
but
tv > pokemon > halo 3 > outside > money > football xD

weedle_mchairybug
April 24th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Well, I was I did get fearful of People calling me a baby just because I watched it, so I didn't try to rewatch it (well, that and May came onto the show and I didn't like her portrayal, but that happened AFTER the incident at the hospital.)

Unlike most people, I learned of this thing, not from personal experience, but from a TV show.

In the PBS show "Arthur", Arthur often picks on D.W. for watching something known as "Mary Moo Cow" quite a bit of the time by calling her a baby (well, he more called it a baby show, but that's the exact same thing as calling HER or anyone whose seen it a baby). He has done this for several episodes that had Mary Moo Cow in it, even after he apparantly learned his lesson.

He even called that "Hopalog the Frog" a "Baby Book" (and consequently, called D.W. a baby as well), and he HIMSELF read that as his first book!

Plus, when they got to the whole "Love Ducks" episode, Arthur had watched Love Ducks (Ironically after dissing D.W. about Mary Moo Cow as being a Baby Show), he grew fearful about it, and when his secret let out, everyone laughed at him!

Thanks to those traumatic memories, I grew fearful of watching Pokemon due to that (Ironically, when I went into a fetal position due to fear in a childrens hospital when Pokemon came on, it also truly started my hatred for a certain female in AG). I may no longer fear watching it now, but still. Now, I also plan to write Marc Brown a personal letter mentioning my distaste for what he had Arthur do (I think he started it, but then again, PBS might have as well, since Arthur became an Independent tv show after he quit writing the books). It's actually developed quite a bit, but I'll wait on sending him the letter until i edit it.

so in that sense, no, I was never "embarrassed" about Pokemon, I was fearful of people calling me a baby for watching it, yes.

XaRhS
April 24th, 2008, 02:54 AM
i really like pokemon and i'm not enbarrassed at all.although,if someone in my school heared that i would be ''dead''(gossips everywhere).it's a life style i think.

Cid
April 24th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Yeah, I feel embarassed sometimes, but only around people I have just met or I have no relation to... My friends already know that I love Pokemon and they're not doing anything to me to make me embarassed... Though sometimes my parents embarass me...

XaRhS
April 24th, 2008, 03:13 AM
parents.....who undestands them?my sister claims that pokemon is not for me because i'm old for that kind of stuff and bla bla bla........

Moonlit Umbreon
April 24th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Pokemon's awesome, everyone here would agree, but if I go walking around telling everyone I like pokemon, their going to think I'm psychodic. I only talk about it with people who share the same interest in it as me, I'm not ashamed or embarassed to talk about it to others, but real cautious, of what they might think, might say, and how they'd react. I'd be the laughing stock to everyone in my year, in other words. D: D:

super onii chan
April 24th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Yeah, I feel embarassed sometimes, but only around people I have just met or I have no relation to... My friends already know that I love Pokemon and they're not doing anything to me to make me embarassed... Though sometimes my parents embarass me...

same here especally at school no one knows i play it only neighbrohood friedns that i grew up with that dosent have as much intrest in it as i do but they still play it..

Shadowfaith
April 24th, 2008, 04:52 AM
When I was younger I used to be. After the fad ended in 2000 everyone was going on about how uncool Pokemon was and stuff. People got bullied for it so I stopped saying I liked it even though the Pokemon TCG was awesome as were the games. I wasn't much of an Anime fan after the Orange Isle ep's but still I was a fan of the movies at least. But when I got to year 12/13 in school and I stared working at the cinema, I found LOADS of people who liked it that were my age and older and I felt more confident in myself. No practically everyone knows I like Pokemon ^_^ It's awesome =D

WaluigiRedclaw91
April 24th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Im fairly popular at school so I dont tell people that im into pokemon

JX Valentine
April 24th, 2008, 05:17 AM
When I was in middle and high school, yeah, I was afraid because everyone I knew was so melodramatic. If you didn't like the right bands and the right TV shows, you were screwed.

Then, I graduated and entered college, where I was surrounded by people who liked things like Captain Planet, Final Fantasy, and ReBoot, and suddenly, my fandom interests just seemed ordinary. My friends even applauded me the times I cosplayed as Jessie and schoolgirl James. Literally, they don't care.

So, I don't care anymore. I feel comfortable with my fandom, sharing my fanfiction, and even showing my friends episodes now and then. To them, it's a nostalgia trip. To me, it's just being able to feel safe with what I like.

CartoonJunkie
April 24th, 2008, 08:00 AM
I'm 21 and I'm not embarassed at all about my addiction. Sure some of my friends make fun of me for it, but at the same time I have converted a few of my friends already. One of my friends went out and got diamond after I told him how much fun I was having with it. I also got one of my sorority sisters to buy pearl since I have diamond so now we can both be nerds together :)

I don't think you should ever be embarassed about doing something you love. If people don't like you because of your interests, then they probably aren't worth your time.

Binary
April 24th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Meh, I don't care what my friends think and besides, they also like pokemon as much as I do.
We used to play TCG In school and I mean all of us, me and my friends are all pokemon nerds in school. So I don't even care about what other people think about it. It dosen't matter about what other people think about it! And besides, it's very addictive!

XaRhS
April 24th, 2008, 08:45 AM
yeah that's true.......when you start it you can't stop.especially when you play a new game

Apathetic_Yen
April 24th, 2008, 08:45 AM
na i m usually not bothered with it. No one really says anything about it except hat im a little too obsessed

halcyonXlll
April 24th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Sadly, people like to pass judgement on things that they don't know anything about. Chances are, if you ask anyone for the reason behind their criticisms against people liking this or that, then they will likely come up with some poorly thought out excuse such as the infamous "it's for little kiddies" one.
The reality is that people are sheep and follow the common opinion because they are too blind to think for themselves.

If you do something and find that you genuinally do enjoy doing it, so long as it is nothing terrible, then you should keep doing it regardless of what others think.

So no, i'm not embarrased about liking Pokémon, even though I only play the games. If I ever got the chance then i'm sure i'd watch the Anime too :P

MetalMEB
April 24th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Eee... I'm sometimes embaressed about it, I remember even lying about my age when I was like, 12 lol, because I liked Pokemon. Which of course now I think that's kinda dumb though...

But yeah, I feel kinda uncomfortable when I go to the toy section at certain stores to find Pokemon toys I like, so sometimes I leave the section when somebody comes over xD

I know I shouldn't be ashamed of it, but yeah... Its something I'm trying to break off... (I mean the shame, not the Pogeymanz of course.)

So yeah...

Cassino
April 24th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Turn caps lock off for ****'s sake...

Anyway, nah, my friends are a diverse and open-minded bunch.

Spaekle Oddberry
April 24th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Oh, dude, I remember that one episode of Arthur with the love ducks. That show was like a freaking acid trip. o_o

I'm not embarrassed at all. I'll openly admit it if it comes up or if anyone sees me playing it. Sure, some people may call you a loser for it, but a lot more people play it than you'd think. I brought my DS to school one day and came home with a few new friend codes. :]

solopy567
April 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I actually quit liking Pokemon for a long while, but i got back into it...I keep it a total secret, every time i play on my GBA and hear one of my parents walk up the stairs, i hide it under the blanket.

Anti
April 24th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Eh...the subject I never wanted to see >.> You're about to see why...

I'm quite the Spongebob fan, and at school I am bashed like I never thought possible for it. They say I'm immature because of a TV show I watch (though it is immature to judge somebody's maturity level based on what entertains them, yes?) Either way, it's pretty much made me hate the youth of America, and I openly bash them...now where this becomes relevant to the topic...

Pokemon is my one secret, though I hate to admit it. I am normally very secure with myself and I don't care what others think, but the possibility of being canned for SB AND pokemon isn't a very happy thought. I usually voice my opinions with a VERY strong voice (just ask those in S&M), but this one topic silences me. I'm not proud of it, but I'm not the proud pokemon fans others might be...at least with everybody around me, including my own family.

I have actually made up some pretty solid excuses about the presence of pokemon games in my house and life...again, I'm not proud of it, but eh, it's true. I actually wrote my old username (Anti-Pop Culture Warrior 13) on my binder, and I actually feared being discovered here, so I shortened my name and colored my binder black. My excuses are actually well thought out...I apparently "run a business" on Ebay buying and selling pokemon games. The excuse...always works...

I actually think I should be proud of pokemon and being a part of this forum. Most of the people here are awesome people, and pokemon isn't even close to the joke people make it out to be (though the show does give it a "kiddish" image). I think it's my own fear of taking any more of a battered from my pathetic classmates, and even my "friends." Maybe that's why I like PC so much...and why my attempt to leave failed so horribly. I don't care about my social status or any of that overrated crap...it's more of my sensitivity and my unwillingness to be annoyed further by the future of The USA...and the fact that my classmates are the future of this country worries me...A LOT.

But yeah...you get it. I wish I could say I was as strong as some of you guys about this...but...I'm just not. Of all the issues I could be quiet about...this is the last I would have chosen...but I can't get myself to come clean with everybody.

So yeah...

BakingBluePotatoe
April 24th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Ashamed? NEVAR!
Embarrassed? Hell yeah.

At school I get:
"POKEMON IS GAY!"
"POKEMON IS STUPID!"
"POKEMON IS FOR RETARDS!"
"HEY! WE SHOT {Pikachuu/Lucario/Ash} (Pikachuu is commonly used, Lucario isn't used as often {only time is when the other person knows I'm a huge fan of Lucario}, and I've only heard that Ash one ONCE... in conjuction with Pikachuu o_O)"
"POKEMON GOT SHOT LAST NIGHT!" (That last one makes absoluetly NO sense. {Pun intended})

the only time I've "shrugged it off" was when the one guy said the one thing I mentioned... I said to him "Whatever. I could careless about that runt." (Though seriously, I kinda meant it in a way.)

Heck, some of my older friends have spilled into the bad crowd and have turned against me... T_T

I think I'm the only one that gets picked on about it... I haven't seen other Pokefans get picked on...

I wonder... If I grabbed all the *good* Pokefans together and we stuck together as much as possible, would the jerks stop?

hothead
April 24th, 2008, 09:09 PM
ALL my friends think im a baby but none of them tease me they all don't really care

Ársa
April 25th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Eh...the subject I never wanted to see >.> You're about to see why...

I'm quite the Spongebob fan, and at school I am bashed like I never thought possible for it. They say I'm immature because of a TV show I watch (though it is immature to judge somebody's maturity level based on what entertains them, yes?) Either way, it's pretty much made me hate the youth of America, and I openly bash them...now where this becomes relevant to the topic...

Pokemon is my one secret, though I hate to admit it. I am normally very secure with myself and I don't care what others think, but the possibility of being canned for SB AND pokemon isn't a very happy thought. I usually voice my opinions with a VERY strong voice (just ask those in S&M), but this one topic silences me. I'm not proud of it, but I'm not the proud pokemon fans others might be...at least with everybody around me, including my own family.

I have actually made up some pretty solid excuses about the presence of pokemon games in my house and life...again, I'm not proud of it, but eh, it's true. I actually wrote my old username (Anti-Pop Culture Warrior 13) on my binder, and I actually feared being discovered here, so I shortened my name and colored my binder black. My excuses are actually well thought out...I apparently "run a business" on Ebay buying and selling pokemon games. The excuse...always works...

I actually think I should be proud of pokemon and being a part of this forum. Most of the people here are awesome people, and pokemon isn't even close to the joke people make it out to be (though the show does give it a "kiddish" image). I think it's my own fear of taking any more of a battered from my pathetic classmates, and even my "friends." Maybe that's why I like PC so much...and why my attempt to leave failed so horribly. I don't care about my social status or any of that overrated crap...it's more of my sensitivity and my unwillingness to be annoyed further by the future of The USA...and the fact that my classmates are the future of this country worries me...A LOT.

But yeah...you get it. I wish I could say I was as strong as some of you guys about this...but...I'm just not. Of all the issues I could be quiet about...this is the last I would have chosen...but I can't get myself to come clean with everybody.

So yeah...

you...are...soooooo...right.

I agree 100% with everything you say. PC is my safe-haven away from the world. Never would I say that I play pokemon in public, for fear of social rejection. Believe it or not, I am in the 'in' crowd at school, and I intend to keep it that way. I especially like your view on the anime Anti. I think it is absolute crap, and I get shivers down my spine whenever I watch it and think 'how in the hell could I actually like this?' But then I get my DS out, go through my boxes and then I say to myself 'because pokemon gives you the ability to test your mind and strategic processes.' The little monsters aren't what do it for me, it's the test to be the best and to beat the rest. I am constantly opening Notepad and typing in new teams then working on them over and over until I feel that I like them. If they lose at least once without hax, back to the drawing board...

I just love the strategy involved in the game, but unfortunately some people outside of it cannot see that. Everyone has something they are ashamed/embarassed about.

Thankyou Anti for speaking out, as I'm sure many of us are in the exact same boat as you.

~T_S

XaRhS
April 25th, 2008, 02:41 AM
you...are...soooooo...right.

I agree 100% with everything you say. PC is my safe-haven away from the world. Never would I say that I play pokemon in public, for fear of social rejection. Believe it or not, I am in the 'in' crowd at school, and I intend to keep it that way. I especially like your view on the anime Anti. I think it is absolute crap, and I get shivers down my spine whenever I watch it and think 'how in the hell could I actually like this?' But then I get my DS out, go through my boxes and then I say to myself 'because pokemon gives you the ability to test your mind and strategic processes.' The little monsters aren't what do it for me, it's the test to be the best and to beat the rest. I am constantly opening Notepad and typing in new teams then working on them over and over until I feel that I like them. If they lose at least once without hax, back to the drawing board...

I just love the strategy involved in the game, but unfortunately some people outside of it cannot see that. Everyone has something they are ashamed/embarassed about.

Thankyou Anti for speaking out, as I'm sure many of us are in the exact same boat as you.

~T_S

well,i actually agree with both of you guys and i think we mustn't hide that we like pokemon.i don't say that we must play pokemon publicly but we can't hide from it anymore as we started our life with it.if someone talks to you and says ''hey how can you play pokemon anymore?'' you just answer in a polite way ''hey you know something?go to hell!''
that's what i have to say and i finished

Ryden
April 25th, 2008, 03:55 AM
*sigh* I guess I'd be classed under ashamed/embarrassed. I don't make my liking of Pkmn publicly noticeable...though technically nor do i hide it. Online I usually am quite forth coming with it and will talk about it whenever I feel like doing so, but when it comes to IRL...its better for my own safety I don't. What with the town I live in having the kind of people interest in only getting high/drunk and partying, the kind of people that would make you an outcast (more then you already maybe) and a target just for picking on and such. I really dislike having to get into fights (Not saying I couldn't win them though) and its really not worth my time to deal local idiot is and there moronic statements

Tater Tot
April 25th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Why all capital letters? XD

Anyway, I don't really care what people say anyway. I'm not ashamed, or embarssed at all. I just don't care. XD

yOur.smelly
April 25th, 2008, 07:03 AM
POkEmOn is COOl!! all mY frIends thinks PokeMOn is the cOOlest thIng sincE slice bREad lol ahahahhaaha poKeMoN IS cOoL!! :D :) :D :)

Blayze
April 25th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Nope, not in the least. I personally could care less what other people think about my interests/hobbies.

Alli
April 26th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Why keep it a secret? I dislike almost everyone in my class.

Say all they want. Someone made fun of me for playing Silver Version on the bus and then asked if they could watch. I told him no, because he was being an immature idiot for mocking me.

His response: HUH?

Point taken.

Decypher
April 26th, 2008, 02:21 PM
All my friends know I like Pokemon, they have an occasional laugh about it, but I know they're just kidding, so I'm not embarassed or ashamed.

Gummy
April 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM
None of my friends know I'm an intense Pokemon fan (they know I buy the games but that's just about it) and I intend to keep it that way. Everybody has their secrets.

Snivi
April 26th, 2008, 02:29 PM
ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED THAT PEOPLE KNOW THAT YOU LIKE POKEMON, OR THEY SAY ITS BABYISH?
FOR ME IM NOT, EVERYBODY KNOWS I LIKE POKEMON IN SCHOOL(I STARTED IT ANYWAY)I LOVE POKEMON WHO CARES WHAT THEY SAY & IM PROUD OF IT!!!!!!^_^"!
Good for you! That is how I feel too! If you like it, why hide it? I think if you do hide things like liking Pokemon - then you just make friends with people when you are not truly being yourself so its best to just admit your likes. Who knows they may like it too! If someone makes fun of you, so what? Its their loss. Its stupid to end a friendship because you desagree with something someone likes.

I have a friend do this before. She was a hardcore Pokeshipper and when I decided I didn't like it anymore - she ended the friendship.

KKN
April 26th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I too am a proud PokeFan. I've played Pokemon cards around school in random places. Heck, I even wore a PokeBall on my backpack for a while. I'm not ashamed of it at all. I just wish more people would get into it.

Toblerone
April 26th, 2008, 11:49 PM
I'm kinda embarassed, as pokémon is so outdated and "weird" in my school. I try to keep it a secret, but when people found out, i was pretty embarassed.

Glacier
April 26th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I dont care lots of people know if they judge me over that they can go and **** THEMSELVES!!!

Bejesus
April 27th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Yeah, nobody except my mum knows, and that's because i give her the money to go and buy me the games and say they are for my cousin lofl.

Don't care that i keep it a secret. I'm only hiding a game that i'm interested in, i'm not not being myself. I always am myself and that's what some people thing i'm weird, crazy or great for i geuss.

Tooshie
April 27th, 2008, 02:31 AM
well im little emabarrased because my parents always say that im babyish...

Acrutheo
April 27th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I am not embarrassed, as I am not in an environment which would berate me for playing a game, and, unless the berating was beyond petty teasing, I doubt I'd care. That being said, I wouldn't say I'm "proud"; I don't see why I should feel pride in playing a game. But, to each his own, I guess.

*Firestar*
April 27th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Ashamed: No way
Embaressed: Not in any sence

I am a born Pokefan other wise people wouldn't call me Pokefan4. I don't care whatsoever about what people think, if they diss me because I like pokemon that is their problem because to diss or make fun of someone because of their liking is idiotic and sad. Everyone has their own opinion about things and that is fair but to make fun is just wrong, mean and a sence of bullying.

Peanutassailant
April 27th, 2008, 05:01 AM
everyone knows i love pokemon.... but i kinda turned it into a 2nd wave fad anyway, lol... i found out how to put pokemon blue/red/yellow/gold/silver/crystal on my phone, and i did it and started playing it, then someone spotted me playing it, got innitially embarrassed, then they said "omg how did you get that on there, can you get it for me?" and then i havent cared since :D

Jujibear
April 27th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I've played since kindergarten and from when i was in 2nd-3rd grade (after about the 3rd movie) it was considered UNCOOL but i still liked it so i played it in secret. not even my parents knew. but then this last year (my freshmen year) i was lik ew.e. screw this im playin it out in the open. so i started bringing it to school and now i have like 5 ppl who i regularly battle with and trade with. i make jokes about it in class and draw little pikachus on my homework and the teachers always give me this weird look like "u still like that???" and some of the kids do too. but i dont care any more. the only time i ever feel embaressed is around my dad.

Shadow236
April 28th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I love Pokemon. All it is is a game, an RPG. I'm in High School and all of my friends
and most of the people I associate with don't really give a dang. Hell, even some of my friends play it, and really love it!!!

The Confuzzler
May 2nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
at school when i defend pokemon against the football guys they say what you gonna do get pikachu on us and then i say no you would be fried in seconds but on of the football guys is my friend but he secretely likes pokemon lol. They call me pokedude at school lol but im proud of it :) also im one of the most popular guys in class lol weird huh? and when i started liking pokemon a few more people did and now half the class likes it :) POKEMON RULES i also have a pikachu on my jacket lol :D and even though i'm afraid of being rejected and people saying you pokemon geek alot of my classs are very friendly. And i have an awesome pack of friends - about half the class - lol but i look at it like this if someone calls you a geek for liking pokemon tell them they are a geek for liking football etc.

Ichikool
May 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
I'm not ashamed by it at all, but it's a little embarressing when I want to buy something like a Pokemon game or plushie. I need to overcome that, because I'm getting that Buizel plush. xD

Jorah
May 2nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
I don't really care. If someone asked, I would say I like it. Someone in my class said quite openly to the class that they bought Transformers toys (they were being serious) people faces were kind of like O...K... but otherwise, didn't care. So I don't care.

Hypntick
May 2nd, 2008, 03:25 PM
I can understand most of you being in school and being afraid to mention you like something that isn't in "style". However in the real world, which middle/high school are most certainly not a big part of, being in "style" is of much less importance. In college a lot of attitudes change and it's a lot easier to find people who are more accepting of you. Past college, well that's a whole different matter, you should never be ashamed of something you enjoy (provided it's not mass murder or racism). You are only being true to yourself. That being said, my fiance as well as the friends that I have know that I play. And when I sit on break up at work even the VP of the company (who is a good 20 years older than I am) where I work at said he enjoys playing when he saw me with my gameboy in the break room. As you get older you'll realize it should be less of what other people think you should like, and more about what you like on your own.

Tamaki
May 2nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
I'm not ashamed at all :3 I have a Charmander shirt, and some Pokemon pictures on my binder. If anything, I'm proud to be awesome enough to like it ;3

Toastypk
May 2nd, 2008, 09:50 PM
I used to think that way, but when I saw how many age groups loved the franchise, I overcame it. The game is pretty much ageless.

Other franchises like Bakugan, Card Battle Warriors Generic, etc, don't even come close to that.

BeachBoy
May 2nd, 2008, 09:53 PM
lol I'll be 100% honest... I am a little embarrassed sometimes. But then I realize that Pokemon is one of my more normal interests... and I feel a little better. ;P

My mom makes fun of me though, kinda.

I'm pretty much the exact same way, Dai. Sorry people, but... I just can't show others PC and honestly feel good about it. I do get embarassed that I play this game, however I enjoy it, so it usually shrugs off.

My family shreds me to bits for liking it though. >>;

Kishijoten
May 3rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
well i dont metion it but no i dont get enbarressed simple i love pokemon as much as anyone else i've been playing pokemon since 2nd grade some people who used to play pokemon stopped like after playing the hoenn region but somethings are good about pokemon you can actaully learn more and it's really fun cute pokemons too people who thinks pokemon are stupid aren't really getting the point pokemon is for people all ages ^ ^ no ones too old too play pokemon even adults still love pokemon so no i am not enbarress

Marksman
May 3rd, 2008, 02:16 PM
The only people that know me being a Pokémon Supporter are my Relatives and you lot. I'd be a Tad embarrased if word got out. But if that happens, who gives a Monkey's...Decent Uncle?

:t152:

Aquila
May 3rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
is there a reason to be ashamed or embarassed about what other people say?
Since I was little I've had fun playing and watching Pokemon. Unlike my friends, I didn't get "over it, but they just avoid talking about it.
If people mock me about it, they'll get their ass kicked. (got some trouble in the school because of that)

.emerald
May 3rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
do some of you people get ridiculed by older people?

foxfiredemon
May 4th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Well In main stream Society liking something thats seen as a children's game can be seen as many things, People your own age group in my case look at you like your so sort of freak. It gets pretty embarassing when your 18 and you still play pokemon. But considering I was 8 when pokemon first came out and its been like a drug... No matter how much you want to will yourself out of it you just can't leave the familiar faces and such behind. Its basically holding on to what little childhood one has left, especially in today's world. I don't much care what others think, I'll usually say its for a younger family member to avoid the snickers.
And its not like Pokemon is the only game we play... Right? I mean I play M rated games too, Of course people who can't figure out how to pay portal generally make fun of you for that too. Or Thought Half life 2 was hard. So the ones who make fun of you forgot that everyone has game preferances and should just shut the Hell up. and if they insist on harrassing me i simply tell them "Do me a favor. Go to the hardware section, buy a rope, tie a noose on one end, go to automotive, attath the other end to someone's bumper, and put the noose around your genitals." they either get mad and walk away or get mad and take a swing at me.

LethalTexture
May 4th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I admit it would be pretty embarrasing if everbody knew, but my closest friends know I play it, some of them playing it themselves.

At the end of the day though, it's just a game. People shouldn't judge people, or get judged by, the games they play.

.emerald
May 4th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Ashamed? NEVAR!
Embarrassed? Hell yeah.

At school I get:
"POKEMON IS GAY!"
"POKEMON IS STUPID!"
"POKEMON IS FOR RETARDS!"
"HEY! WE SHOT {Pikachuu/Lucario/Ash} (Pikachuu is commonly used, Lucario isn't used as often {only time is when the other person knows I'm a huge fan of Lucario}, and I've only heard that Ash one ONCE... in conjuction with Pikachuu o_O)"
"POKEMON GOT SHOT LAST NIGHT!" (That last one makes absoluetly NO sense. {Pun intended})

the only time I've "shrugged it off" was when the one guy said the one thing I mentioned... I said to him "Whatever. I could careless about that runt." (Though seriously, I kinda meant it in a way.)

Heck, some of my older friends have spilled into the bad crowd and have turned against me... T_T

I think I'm the only one that gets picked on about it... I haven't seen other Pokefans get picked on...

I wonder... If I grabbed all the *good* Pokefans together and we stuck together as much as possible, would the jerks stop?

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ACTUALLY MY "EVIL" CLASSMATES TEASE ME ABOUT THINGS LIKE 'POKEPORN RULES, VULVASAUR USE RAZOR TITS, & THINGS LIKE 'USE HORNY DRIIL' BUT LIKE WHAT I SAID WHO CARES WHat they say, i love pokemon!

Pineapi
May 4th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Lol, yeah, a little bit embarrassed. I can't help it though, cute tiny little characters, it's irresistible. ;) I just get hooked on the games and don't care. I mean, there are coo-coo's who spend their lives on WOW which I think is stupid, so anyone is more than welcome to think my enjoyment for Pokemon is dumb.

fade101
May 8th, 2008, 04:52 AM
FOR ME IM NOT, EVERYBODY KNOWS I LIKE POKEMON IN SCHOOL(I STARTED IT ANYWAY)I LOVE POKEMON WHO CARES WHAT THEY SAY & IM PROUD OF IT!!!!!!^_^"!Kudos dude... I dont really care if people know that i like pokemon... i know deep down in these people, they also do but they are the who are embarassed...
ps: whats with the capital letters??? are ya shouting/ lettin out your anger??

ErickaVolt
May 8th, 2008, 05:30 AM
I agree with that. Pokemon is nothing to be ashamed of. Pokemon is not just for kids. Adults can even learn Dog or Chicken fighting.

Archayos
May 8th, 2008, 05:38 AM
WOW LOOK AT ME CAPS LOCK MAKES ME LOOK KOOL

But seriously, I couldn't care less about what people think about me. Whenever I get something like "Pokemon is for kids", I always reply with "At least it's more mature than you are, so back off."
What's so childish about Pokemon anyway? Just that many kids enjoy it? So if many kids started to enjoy adult movies, would those movies become 'childish' too?

I don't get the logic behind it.

Aegis
May 8th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Not really, the few people I converse with in real life already know, and don't care. If I'm looking at Pokemon manga or something at a store, I'll occasionally get stares, but I don't pay them much attention. My family used to poke fun at me about it, but then again they think all anime should be scalped off the planet, so it's not much different XD;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
May 8th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I freely mention that I play Pokemon to my friends, and they don't seem to care either way. I'm not gonna be converting them anytime soon, but it's not like I get harassed for it either.

flight
May 8th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I only mention it to certain friends. Around my area, there are few people who like pokemon. I make sure to leave the discussion to those people only.

In short, sort of sort of *shrug*

Valarauca
May 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM
No, i talk about pokemon to my friends; i have had a fifteen minute talk about breeding bagon(speciality), then a 45 min talk about what a bagon was....

GTA-Niko
May 8th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I'm not a huge fan of it, but I kind of like it. Nobody but Taylor5 really knows.

Plasmaniac
May 8th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Well I have been bashed a few times in my life, but most of them were just jokes. I find it strange that a lot of people are afraid of other guys finding out. I have brought my ds to school before, and people don't seem to care what I'm playing as long as I don't start ranting about it (which I don't of course xD). By doing this I have found a lot of other Pokemon players at school. Actually I got the "worst" when I was in Junior High, but even then it was not that bad. Maybe it is because I'm not the type of person who hides his likings, or maybe because bullies are not that bad on Mexico...

.emerald
May 14th, 2008, 12:45 AM
I DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE RIDICULE US FOR LOVIN, POKEMON??

riskbreakers
May 14th, 2008, 02:12 AM
I don't care what they think, Pokemon is for more intelligent life forms, if they pick on you about it, that just means that they're dumb :)

Tallulah
May 14th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Hehe I'm not embarrassed about pokemon. Most of my friends like it as much as I do so there's no need to be. There's a few people who've been stupid at me about it but I ignore them (apart from my granny, she's hard to ignore)

Marksman
May 14th, 2008, 04:34 AM
I have a Pika-Pencil. Some people know about it, some don't. The ones that do know don't make any Taunts or anything. Most of them accuse me of stealing it from another kid. I did, but they have no right to make that assumption. It was my love for Pokémon that made me steal it.

DCFC_Woody
May 14th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Yea Im embarssed...

I pretty popular at school so its not worth tellin people about me playing pokemon, They'll just take the piss

bkzasazin
May 14th, 2008, 05:06 AM
sorry didnt mean to double post my computer froze up=[

I dont care...growing up in brooklyn (not saying where you live matters much) EVERYONE always has a problem with SOMETHING your doing...idkk i just dont see it like something you should be embarassed about i mean..id rather have some of my childhood still in me and play pokemon then be a person wit the personality of an old hag at the age of 16 you feel me? the way my parents, girlfriend and friends see it..theyd rather me play pokemon then be doing the stuff i used to do. i just personally find it hilarous when people make fun of me in school and on my block n stuff cuz i play pokemon...meanwhile i look at them like what are you doing in ur life thats so special? ohhhh yeahh great ur 16 and been in juvenile hall 5 times been in rikers island 3...your really saying alot about yourself..ohh u just got into a gang fight cuz u think ur tough and u got stabbed/shot/etc so you think your invincible...LOL thats all i can do is laugh at people like that because honestly..id rather be staying outta trouble ENJOYING my life and stuff then be locked up or constantly watching my back cuz some kids gonna come by and kill me because of the colors i wear..maan yeahh it gets boring sometimes staying outta trouble but its the mature thing to do...your ALLOWED to have a boring day or two in your life once in awhile get over it... its life.. so nah im not ashamed i actually say it whenever i want to, to whoever i want because its just who i am and everyone has their own thing.

if anyone has anything to say otherwise you can PM me or send me a message on myspace www.myspace.com/bkzasazin (http://www.myspace.com/bkzasazin)

sorry i just dont see the shame in liking a game or tv show..its your thing.. let you do you and let others worry about themselves.

Yea Im embarssed...

I pretty popular at school so its not worth tellin people about me playing pokemon, They'll just take the piss

~dude...if your popularity is what your afraid of losing..no offensce...when highschool is over so is your popularity.. i dont mean to flame you or anything but if thats the reason for your embarassment then it seems to me your just one of the people who go with the tide instead of being yourself..trust me..its not worth the time worrying about what ridicule other people give you cuz its your own thing..and if your friends wont like you cuz of a game you play then they werent even your friends to begin with in the first place.

Aqua Mudkip
May 14th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Aqua Mudkip: Nope. I like being Mudkip. (No racist talk just cause I'm a Mudkip. Plz.)

subaku
May 14th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Maybe if I paid attention to what other people said or thought I might actually have heard some insults and snickers directed at me. *shrugs* But such as it is I don't so there you have it. Pokemon is my thing and has been for quite some time for now. If people don't like it they can go elsewhere, it's sure as heck not going to impede my playing.

Kuri
May 14th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I'm a junior. I'm in high school. I'm 16 and everyone knows me because of my nationality, sexuality, or my loud noises in class.

Hahaha honestly, I'm well known around school. Eveyone knows me for somehting. I play pokemon right in front of their faces and go into pokemon forums in the library. Ooop that's what i'm doing right now.

I honestly don't care about my "reputation". My reputation shouldn't be based on me playing pokemon but on my personality and what I bring to the table.

I mean come on...I ANNOUNCED to my japanese class that I caught all 493 pokemon. I told my girlfriend the second I finish evolving my last pokemon. She thinks i'm a loser, but in a cute way. =D not to mention, I'm totally going to toys r us for the darkrai event before prom.

people need to grow over that "oh my reputation will be ruined...DDD=". In the end, it doesn't really matter. You will most likely never see those high school kids ever again.

So no. I'm not ashamed or embarassed to be a pokemon trainer. YAY.

Marksman
May 15th, 2008, 02:11 AM
I'm a junior. I'm in high school. I'm 16 and everyone knows me because of my nationality, sexuality, or my loud noises in class.

Hahaha honestly, I'm well known around school. Eveyone knows me for somehting. I play pokemon right in front of their faces and go into pokemon forums in the library. Ooop that's what i'm doing right now.

I honestly don't care about my "reputation". My reputation shouldn't be based on me playing pokemon but on my personality and what I bring to the table.

I mean come on...I ANNOUNCED to my japanese class that I caught all 493 pokemon. I told my girlfriend the second I finish evolving my last pokemon. She thinks i'm a loser, but in a cute way. =D not to mention, I'm totally going to toys r us for the darkrai event before prom.

people need to grow over that "oh my reputation will be ruined...DDD=". In the end, it doesn't really matter. You will most likely never see those high school kids ever again.

So no. I'm not ashamed or embarassed to be a pokemon trainer. YAY.

There's a Point. Now can it be Counterpointed?
Also, the only way you will see your High School Class Mates is if you work with them at your job or live with them etc. And there isn't much chance of that happening (It still does though). I have a kind of Negative Reputation here at Codsall. But surely, I may be able to find a chance to 'leak' my interest in Pokémon right? Someone else has to conserve that secret too right <Stands around in the Darkness thinking>?

Nuke
May 15th, 2008, 02:38 AM
I dont tell anyone but my friends but thats because it never gets brought up.

No-one at my secondary school knows yet because they dont ever mention pokemon and none of them are close friend by any stretch of the imagination.

Marcy_11
May 15th, 2008, 02:59 AM
If im around fellow lovers than im open about it
but otherwise im fair secretive :)
I only tell people I trust, not becaus im ashamed its more because pokemon is important to me and I dont want it to become a joke

DarkLugiaMaster Gir
May 15th, 2008, 03:03 AM
I'm proud to shout I'm a Pokemon fan,but I get embarrassed some times,I mean I'm talking to my freinds about Pokemon,then one of my enemies(3/4s of my grade)just comes over for no reason and says it's for little kids,and then my Prinicpal tells me Just don't read/play/do Pokemon stuff around those types of kids..Well News is in,Everybody at my school basicley!!!I wish I lived in a place where more people liked it....least me and most of my friends do...

Comic Tragedy
May 15th, 2008, 03:10 AM
For me when I say I like pokemon, people laugh and say "Oh this guy, what a joker!" thinking Im just a silly guy who is pulling a fast one on his freinds. When in reality I post at a pokemon forum. So yeah I dont really have an issue with that whole thang.

But I really feel for people who do, If we could stand all together we could practicaly pwn them using our pkmn skills. (<------- hehe I dont know what Im saying)

MBXfilms
May 15th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I am. Just because everyone looks down on it. Not sure why. I tell them I like the GAME. I'm not real big into anything else like cartoon or the other games like the puzzle ones and such. I just like the RPG.

shu
May 15th, 2008, 02:31 PM
IM PROUD TO LIKE POKEMON,

CAUSE IM A POKEMON MASTER[I have a black trainer card on pearl]

diamondpearl876
May 15th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Hmm. Well, I don't care about admitting I like Pokemon to most people, including friends and family.

However, when I see little kids talking or playing Pokemon and my friends or family see it, it is embarrassing. Because they make it sound really babyish.

hoshixcandy
May 15th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I'm neither ashamed or embarassed. I know Pokémon isn't really accepted, but, it's still something I love - a part of me! Plus, I've brought a lot of people back to the joy of Pokémon! ^_^ So, I'm happy and proud that I like it and will happily admit that!

kazuya.
May 15th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I was... But not anymore! ^_^

I love Pokemonm and don't mind to share the love of Pokemon to anyone!! XD

Kuri
May 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM
There's a Point. Now can it be Counterpointed?
Also, the only way you will see your High School Class Mates is if you work with them at your job or live with them etc. And there isn't much chance of that happening (It still does though). I have a kind of Negative Reputation here at Codsall. But surely, I may be able to find a chance to 'leak' my interest in Pokémon right? Someone else has to conserve that secret too right <Stands around in the Darkness thinking>?

That's true, but by then they will have matured and most likely forgotten that you are a pokemon fan. I think that after you graduate from underclassmen to an upperclassmen, most of the immaturity among your classmates will start to diminish. I don't see seniors or juniors making stupid comments to me if they see me playing pokemon or going to a pokemon forum. Of course, there is that small percentage of students that will be immature until they graduate. And to your second half of your post...i'm kinda confused...hahaha I'm sorry. Can ya explain it for me?

Moana Kai
May 16th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I don't know what we're talking about but I'm both.

dragonfyre173
May 16th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I'm not ashamed or embarassed at all. People just don't like it because it's not what's 'in.' Apparently, if it's not highly violent, it's considered a "child's" game. It really sickens me.

Superjub
May 17th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I'm not ashamed or embarassed.....
Who cares if I like pokemon? Its my decision.
Yeah, sometimes my friends ask me why and I just reply because its addicting and fun.
Plus a lot of the pokemon are so adorable (Minus pokemon like Jynx and Probopass.)
I do admit sometimes I feel embarassed but thats rarely.
I will probably be loving pokemon for a looooong time ;)

*Firestar*
May 17th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Why just a couple of days ago I shouted really ( and I mean really) loudly "I LIKE POKEMON!!!" A lot of people stoped and stared but hey who cares ;).

EDIT: I am who I am and I like pokemon so I made a few more friends from that as well which is a bonus.

RespectfullyDesired
May 18th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Some of my friends know i play it, some play it too, but when i tell them they're just like "haha" and forget about it. I don't feel either way, its a really fun game.

Firebird306
May 19th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon, but in the school ground it's a different story. I am highly embarrassed about liking Pokemon and only brought it up with my friends when they asked me what I got for my birthday, my female friends were alright with it and told me to not be ashamed of what I liked or didn't like (turns out one of them actually likes Pokemon). However my male friends weren't too fond of it. I could tell because they never brought it up again.

Gold Tom
May 19th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I got beaten up for wearing a Pikachu shirt to school. But who cares! Pokemon is awesome, and I'm proud!

seel_sweetie
May 19th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I used to be into it when it came out around here, when I was like 10. I'm quite a bit older and it's out of fashion now. I just got back into it, and yeah, I'm a little embarassed...but it's a lot better than some other pass times people my age have.

blitzbear
May 19th, 2008, 06:57 PM
pokemon = awesome i usd to be a digimon girl til i found out it was a copy of pokemon now ive been a pkm fan since i was 5

my borther nearly 21 and hes still a big fan of pokemon so no matter what age i will be i think i will still like pokemon

Plasmaniac
May 19th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I even have a friend who is currently in his university's football team and likes pokemon. He is a mayor player there and everyone knows about his likes for videogames and pokemon, however he is pretty popular. He used to bring his ds to school (when we went to the same highschool) and he would insult back any of his friends and classmates who came to make fun of him (which was hilarious in a certain way). Really, you are only bashed if you let them do it. I have brought my ds to school as well, and no one really attempts to make fun of me, or at least in a serious way. Anyways, if someone comes to make fun of me, I usually return the favor (I have never actually got in a fight for this, just some hilarious sequence of lame jokes from both sides).

Tabatha
May 19th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I'm 19, I go to university, and I'm totally not ashamed of loving pokemon, everyone knows I went out and bought a ds just so I could play pokemon and no one really cares...everyone should just worry less about what people think and enjoy doing what you like.

shiraume
May 20th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I don't see Pokemon as something to be ashamed and/or embarrassed about. I already have the reputation of being somewhat childlike in terms of interests, and surprisingly, people think it's cute. So long as they continue seeing it that way, I've got no problem with it.

4chan
May 22nd, 2008, 07:44 AM
^___^ I AM PROUD OF IT!!!!

*Firestar*
May 22nd, 2008, 09:21 AM
I don't see Pokemon as something to be ashamed and/or embarrassed about. I already have the reputation of being somewhat childlike in terms of interests, and surprisingly, people think it's cute. So long as they continue seeing it that way, I've got no problem with it.

Same here. Girls think I'm cute because I am probably the most childish kid in school and my reputation is always going to be childish. I guess that is who I am in this world, a child like pokefan xD.

Abe
May 24th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I am not ashamed, but I'm a little embarrassed, because all my friends think it's childish, but I have never denied that I like them and play their games. (Once I saw a 30-something years old guy playing a pokemon game with his little daughter.) That's who I'm. I like pokemon, so what? Even on myspace I say I like pokemon. I'm just a little embarrassed, but it's not that much. :0D

Saviour_Gundam
May 24th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Its not cute when a thick 6'3, 20 year old guy plays a Pokemon game....

So I'm forced to use the excuse "Its just a game"...

sighs... I wish I where smaller...

xiraiya
May 24th, 2008, 11:01 PM
No one I know really cares with the pokemon games in my experience, not many know I am buying Ds and Pearl tomorrow but I doubt they'd care.

My cousin is 21, he loved the pokemon games long ago but he really isn't into them much these days, he does say though if an MMO came out on Wii he'd definitely buy it haha.

"Pokemon" the show is a different story, no self respecting teenager should like the show, Movies were ok, but I don't know anyone who'd even come close to wanting to watch Pokemon.

I don't go out of my way to make it known I like Pokemon, but if anyone asks I won't deny it.

.emerald
June 5th, 2008, 06:16 PM
but why do they say pokemon is worse than any other japanese anime?

dragonsrule
June 5th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Liking Pokemon is no different to liking video games. Its just that it has a kids cartoon that it is seen as childish. You could say the same thing about all of video games but you don't, because it isn't really childish.

Dark Banette
June 5th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I am not embarassed or anything. I usually do not tell people I like it. Although, I told my best friend once and now she threatens to tell everyone at school I like it if I don't give her something. -_-;

And really, we shouldn't be embarassed for liking Pokemon. It is just a hobbie/passion. Next time someone says something about Pokemon I'll say something about their hobby, maybe like football. Seriously. It is very immature to tease someone about having a liking for something.

o.necromancer.o
June 6th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I'm not really ashamed about playing Pokemon even at school because threatening to hurt people usually stops all the bull crap. I also remember back in like 5th grade I used to be friends with the school bully who was also a Pokemon fan.

Young Stunna'
June 6th, 2008, 10:41 AM
One of the really cool senior guys at school came out of the pokemon closet the other day but he made it sound cool. He said he plays pokemon on his gameboy when he is hunting and him and his friends get together on fridays and have poke stadium 2 tournaments. I was impressed, so I asked him if he was into online battling and he said yes and he was a member of serebii.net. I laughed and told him I was a member on this site.

Thats the only mention of it ever. I just made it sound like I played just a little. If people knew I spent hours on a forum and training my pokemon to beat others they would probably humiliate me...

But I think lots of people love pokemon and dont tell people... The reason I think this is because I've found 'items' in some of friends rooms like diamond and pearl versions and even pokemon xd. haha

Eternal Nightmare
June 6th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I am not ashamed or embarressed. At school, I play my pokemon games and then people ask me what I am playing and I tell them that I am playing pokemon. I have heard all sorts of comments from " Aren't you too old to be playing pokemon" to " You poor child." Really I don't care. I play what I am interested in not what others are interested in.

Reniko_Seika
June 8th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Embarassed? Heck no. If I get bagged for liking Pokemon, it just shows they have zero respect for others. Pokemon involves a lot more than what most dis-likers notice, therefor they don't understand. I rest my case with that.
We should not get embarassed just because of the 'in-crowd', I've liked Pokemon for more than half my life, and I don't think that'll change at all

.emerald
June 8th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Embarassed? Heck no. If I get bagged for liking Pokemon, it just shows they have zero respect for others. Pokemon involves a lot more than what most dis-likers notice, therefor they don't understand. I rest my case with that.
We should not get embarassed just because of the 'in-crowd', I've liked Pokemon for more than half my life, and I don't think that'll change at all

glad to here that you like pokemon^_^"!(be proud of it!!!)

God
June 8th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I'm not ashamed of liking/playing Pokemon, just I wouldn't admit that I do.
It's like, a secret club ;).

King Eevee
June 9th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I'm not embarrassed or ashamed... however my older brother makes fun of me a bit, but hes single minded, stereotypical, and likes to act like he knows everything about how your mind works. But hes my bro, and I'm happy like that.

Raiph
June 9th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Im 21, And currently going 2 colledge, And im not ashamed of liking pokemon. I could care less if some noob said pokemon sucked. I Think it's great and whoever says otherwise can just leave.

Meeth
June 10th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I've long since given up on being bothered or embaressed about what people think of me playing pokemon, in my opinion it really doesn't affect them whether or not i play or like pokemon.

Excellent
June 10th, 2008, 01:07 AM
no i'm not ashamed, i try not to care to much about what other people think.

mostwanted468
June 10th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Ashamed no embarassed yes (if they found out in the first place) I try to act like I dont like pokemon at all when I really do.Its a shame i cant tell them because they think pokemon is for babies or but they fail to see that we dont like pokemon for its childish like features but rather being a terrific strategy game.

However a while ago I was ashamed because i thought i was just about the only person to like pokemon that was my age.However that all changed one day when i was in middle school and found someone looking up cheats for pokemon emerald seeing this i said i thought nobody played that game any more and he said there is heaps of people who like it I know a whole forum full of them. I realised it was just that people were more secretive about there liking of the game so they wouldnt be humiliated.

Obito.
June 10th, 2008, 04:41 AM
why should i be ashamed or embarissed? pokemon is awsome

most people in my class think its awsome to!!!

.emerald
June 13th, 2008, 11:33 PM
why should i be ashamed or embarissed? pokemon is awsome

most people in my class think its awsome to!!!

yeah!, but have you read naruto steps on the face of pokemon?(i read it on an online post)

Mao
June 14th, 2008, 01:32 AM
I dont tell anyone at school I play Pokemon, but if they ask me I say I do. What's to get embarrased about, people taking ths mick out of you? If you care then that's just letting small things get to you.

Lt. Silver
June 14th, 2008, 01:38 AM
I was ashamed until I found out that most people still secretly like pokemon

Camisado
June 14th, 2008, 04:03 AM
I've loved Pokémon for about 10 years now, so I went through the phase of everyone loving it when it first came out, and then my friends going "what, your'e still playing that?". I still enjoy the games, the movies and the Chronicles episodes, and I'm probably going to start collecting the merchandise when I start working full-time in August.

I used to get hassled at upper school and sixth-form about it (age 13 to 18) but now I'm in an IT class at college and they...make fun of me in a friendly manner. Because the truth is, they all gather around me and one of the guys if we've got GameBoys or DSs out.

I tell them that I enjoy it, it makes me happy, and that I'd rather they kept any negative opinions to themselves, because it's not going to change me. I'm probably going to be a Pokémon fan forever.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 14th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Why would be embarrassed or ashamed of something a like. I have never been like that for anything I liked. I always stick with what I like until I lose interest in it.

:t354:TG

1stGenNut
June 14th, 2008, 04:56 AM
I get irritable whenever someone has a go at me about it. I do actually tell them to shut up, because it infuriates me when they claim I'm childish for liking such a thing, when actually I'm not.

If Pokemon was really meant just for the younger generation, then why on earth wasn't an age limit put on the series?

Pokemons for everyone. Any age, any person. I've been into it since day 1, and I still remember the very first time I went and attacked a Rattata on Pokemon Red <3

Katnip
June 14th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Only embarrassed around my mom, all she knows about Pokemon is the TV show so she thinks it's for kids. Everybody at my school, though, knows I love pokemon.

black_cat
June 17th, 2008, 02:34 AM
i love it, and have loved it since red/blue. i really dont care what others think, whos to say that they have a similar interest? why mock someone for something that makes them happy?

supersmashbro93
June 17th, 2008, 01:01 PM
i'm a pretty big nerd i play card games at school and play pokemon who cares i'm not embarrassed about anything all my friends know what i do. look at it this way you only have one life do you want to spend all your time trying to impress people with what you do be your self.

Masterleaguegurlx
June 17th, 2008, 01:25 PM
What everyones saying is true and I donnt think I would disagree wth anyone. We are all titled to our own opinion and what we enjoy doing in our spare time shouldnt really effect our socail lives, but usually it just does!

At primary school I used to have a best friend who enjoyed pokemon as much as I did. We were always on about it and stuff.
Then I got a new group of friends at secondary cause we had different lessons to each other and everything changed.
Im in what youu would call the 'IT' crowd and pokemon is officaily NOT COOL. I would get made fun of for the rest of my life is people knew so I try and keep it to myself. I did mention it once and to my mate and she started laughing at me.. I just shrugged it off and forgot about it.

But all the same its unfair to be discriminated for it :)
Soo Im making a stand!
I LOVE POKEMON AND IM PROUD OF IT :D

Ultimax123
June 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Nah im emmbarised, I useally hide the fact and go along wiv the other kids 'Yeh its proper babyish' I can't bare people to say im a baby, Im a cool kid in the school

RIMHfire
June 17th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Well I just read the entire thread and agree with all of you. ANYWAY.

I'm not ashamed or embarassed. Anymore, that is. I'm an original fan, way back to when Blue came out. I was a bit of a tom-boy and would get into trading the cards during recess or playing GameBoy Color in the school yard with the boys. Until they banned cards and gameboys at school because it got too outta control. [Ahh, raging 3rd graders x) ]

I would fall out of it then usually start back up again, usually in the summer because that's when I have the most free time, but when I was 12-13 I was at my most self-conscious stage. I'm still a little now but not nearly as bad as I was. I kind of grew up this past April because I would be graduating from high school the month after, and that's a bit of a face-slapper. Anyway. I did NOT want anybody to find out I liked anything "not cool" during that time. Pokemon, anime, it would be like burning the Bible (and I went to a Catholic school, ironically enough). But I obviously hid in the closet.

But when I hit 16 during my Junior year, I realized Pokemon wasn't a taboo around my friends. I mean, before homeroom during junior year one of the girls I'm friends with would play FireRed on her SP and nobody gave her crap. And even a guy friend would play it when she was stuck on something. I think it had a kind of nostalgic feeling for all of us cuz we'd all crowd around and watch. I realized as we got older, we'd make Pokemon jokes, play it with each other, and nobody gave a damn we were playing it. Come to think of it, I haven't heard a single bad crack about Pokemon over the last 2 years of high school.

As for right now? Before school ended, in my Math class, one of the more popular girls was talking about her and her older guy friends just sat there playing it for hours, and had a full on discussions with another kid who isn't an "in-crowd" kid, but was still a generally liked kid. My friends own Pokemon shirts (one has a Squirtle shirt and heavy debated between that and Charmander; the other a Pikachu shirt), I talk about how I played Pearl for like 5 days straight (the sad part not that it was Pokemon, that I didn't really leave the same room those 5 days), I watch it on TV with my friends, and I even go to Barnes & Noble to play and use their Wi-Fi (and also to use their guides and not have to buy them, which I ended up doing 2 days later anyway cuz it's a little sad staying til close 3 days in a row). And my parents could give a hoot because they don't even know what I'm playing, only my Dad keeps asking me if I beat it yet (he probably thinks it's the same game the last 10-11 years XD).

So to sum it all up, I can't wait till college cuz I'm pretty sure even more people will be open about it, more so than here, which isn't bad at all when I think about it.

Go Pokemon. :)

sgt pancreass
June 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM
im in the army & i cant let ppl know of my love for pokemon

it hurts sometimes but i live on
maybe one day i can let my true colors shine

Phillip Valerius
June 17th, 2008, 08:20 PM
My philosophy is this: There's really no point in alienating yourself from your peers for something like pokemon. I definitely like pokemon, but I have to admit, it can be childish at times; when people say that the anime nauseates them, I can understand why. The stereoptypes are largely based on truth.

That said, I'm not going to advertise that I'm still revelling in something most people consider the stuff of children. Am I going to lie about it if they ask me? No, certainly not. If I find out that one of my friends likes to talk about Pokemon, will I talk to them about it? Probably. If I write stories about Pokemon, will I share it with my friends? Definitely. But why go out of my way to make people dislike me? If people aren't interested in Pokemon, I'm not going to wave it in their faces, and since almost no one I know is interested in Pokemon, that means most people never get to know this side of me.

THEROGE12
June 17th, 2008, 08:43 PM
sometimes i am embarrassed because all my school mates say that pokemon is gay
sometimes i stop playing then sometimes i play

but am kinda stop playing because im trying to get a girlfriend

1stGenNut
June 18th, 2008, 12:40 AM
You don't have to stop playing Pokemon to get a girlfriend. Ignore those that call it gay - all those sort of people like to do it take the piss out of anybody for things that they don't like. If anything, don't tell any potential future girlfriends, that you're into this.

Lil MuDkiP849
June 18th, 2008, 01:05 AM
You don't have to stop playing Pokemon to get a girlfriend. Ignore those that call it gay - all those sort of people like to do it take the piss out of anybody for things that they don't like. If anything, don't tell any potential future girlfriends, that you're into this.

I dont think this is the right advice, i also feel that this should be said-

OKay PC...we ALL play pokemon..so what?? Its just another game that people like to play, i mean seriously lol. People may laugh and make fun of you of course, but i remember in 10th grade i was in the wrestling locker room and my game falls out and everyone finds out. And you know what i did?? I laughed along...because it is stupid lmao. I was all "Yea man, it's funny. Pokemanz FTW!!" when someone called me immature for playing it. I was so ok with it, that people started to accept me for it. The next thing i know, my ENTIRE wrestling team is playing their old red/blue versions on the way to an away meet. Sure they all called their charmanders and squirtles "Yo MAMA" or "Treehugga" and other dumb stuff, but you just have to laugh at how RIDICOLOUS even MAKING FUN of it is.

And ALSO something i wanted to get at, for those people that play it alot like i do, then it's a part of you, whether that makes sense or not. The game teaches us about raising and prepping and determination and persistance(breeding) and all of that. You JUST HAVE TO ACT YOURSELVES WITH IT honestly for god's sake it is a little game, oh my gosh if people say something about it so what?? Laugh it off like i did and sooner or later they'll either drop it, forget it, or just accept it i mean really the kind of disses i've heard towards this game haven't been too bad anyway all i hear is "Aww geez man he playz POKEMANZ whata loser L-O-LZZZZ" and that's the worse i've heard. Tough break huh? lol

Oh, and about that girlfriend thing, i have a bunchload of yugioh cards and pokemon games lying around my room, and i've been together with her for...oh i dunno bout a year or so, and things are only STARTING to look better for us. I mean sure ill admit she thought it was dumb at first but i was like "Hey well i bet you'd like Togepi. It's like you only in a nutshell" XDD lol good times...

And also through my coolness and me being calm with dealing of all the stupid stuff at school i've even inspired some people to play it with me. Down at my local gamestop 1/4 of the people go there are people from my school. Sure, they dont play it as much as i do, but they sure as HECK look to me for any pokemon info. We also do other stuff but it all branched from pokemon...

And with everything i've said above, every paragraph has one similarity- BEING YOURSELF you will get SO far in life being yourself it's not even funny, no matter how hurtful, painful, or bumpy the road of life yours is. Because in the end, there will ALWAYS be a light in the darkness, and that light just takes time, and the best way to get there is to just act cool about the game, don't make it a big deal (because seriously...it isn't) and just enjoy life =D

1stGenNut
June 18th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Yeah, it's not theee best advice. Kinda realised afterwards >.o
Be really honest about it, forget what I said XD. If someone doesn't appreciate you just because of one little thing, then they're not worth it. -shrugs-.

Lil MuDkiP849
June 18th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Yeah, it's not theee best advice. Kinda realised afterwards >.o
Be really honest about it, forget what I said XD. If someone doesn't appreciate you just because of one little thing, then they're not worth it. -shrugs-.

Exactly my point. Pokemon is just a little tool some jerks use to nibble at your skin. I mean honestly, people get made fun of for the dumbest things ALL THE TIME. I remember this one time i got made fun of for having freakin KETCHUP ON MY LUNCH TRAY...LOL!! Honestly think about the stuff people say about these things even though you may *seem* stupid ATM but to be honest the ones laughing *seem more* AND *look* stupid for even bothering.

.emerald
June 18th, 2008, 04:10 AM

OKay PC...we ALL play pokemon..so what?? Its just another game that people like to play, i mean seriously lol. People may laugh and make fun of you of course, but i remember in 10th grade i was in the wrestling locker room and my game falls out and everyone finds out. And you know what i did?? I laughed along...because it is stupid lmao. I was all "Yea man, it's funny. Pokemanz FTW!!" when someone called me immature for playing it. I was so ok with it, that people started to accept me for it. The next thing i know, my ENTIRE wrestling team is playing their old red/blue versions on the way to an away meet. Sure they all called their charmanders and squirtles "Yo MAMA" or "Treehugga" and other dumb stuff, but you just have to laugh at how RIDICOLOUS even MAKING FUN of it is.

And ALSO something i wanted to get at, for those people that play it alot like i do, then it's a part of you, whether that makes sense or not. The game teaches us about raising and prepping and determination and persistance(breeding) and all of that. You JUST HAVE TO ACT YOURSELVES WITH IT honestly for god's sake it is a little game, oh my gosh if people say something about it so what?? Laugh it off like i did and sooner or later they'll either drop it, forget it, or just accept it i mean really the kind of disses i've heard towards this game haven't been too bad anyway all i hear is "Aww geez man he playz POKEMANZ whata loser L-O-LZZZZ" and that's the worse i've heard. Tough break huh? lol

Oh, and about that girlfriend thing, i have a bunchload of yugioh cards and pokemon games lying around my room, and i've been together with her for...oh i dunno bout a year or so, and things are only STARTING to look better for us. I mean sure ill admit she thought it was dumb at first but i was like "Hey well i bet you'd like Togepi. It's like you only in a nutshell" XDD lol good times...

And also through my coolness and me being calm with dealing of all the stupid stuff at school i've even inspired some people to play it with me. Down at my local gamestop 1/4 of the people go there are people from my school. Sure, they dont play it as much as i do, but they sure as HECK look to me for any pokemon info. We also do other stuff but it all branched from pokemon...

And with everything i've said above, every paragraph has one similarity- BEING YOURSELF you will get SO far in life being yourself it's not even funny, no matter how hurtful, painful, or bumpy the road of life yours is. Because in the end, there will ALWAYS be a light in the darkness, and that light just takes time, and the best way to get there is to just act cool about the game, don't make it a big deal (because seriously...it isn't) and just enjoy life =D

i get what youre saying!!!!

Pokemon Princess
June 18th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Well I no one in my class knew that I liked Pokemon. But one day I told some boys that i liked Pokemon (dont ask why). And they told some other boys. But its still kinda a secret. But I got really embaressed. But I still love Pokemon! No matter what!

Blazekick doom
June 18th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I AM NOT ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED THAT I LOVE POKEMON STILL. Heck I go ot Hot Topic and buy myself Pokemon accesories. If I could I would love to be in Pokemon myself. It's better than doing drugs or anything like that. At least we like things that keep us from trouble.

Hip-And-Happenin
June 18th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I don't even really play the games any more, but even last year in year 9 (when I was 13/14) I did not tell anyone, because I know how I would be labelled and I don't want to be one of the manga 'losers' at my school who hang around in the library discussing pokemon and writing about it. Sorry, but that's the way it works at my school. This is in England, but I am half-German and spend some time there and lots of people watch Pokemon and play the games, so I am not embarrassed when I am there and discuss it openly with friends.

iLike2EatPiez
June 18th, 2008, 05:23 PM

That was... an inspirational post. Yes, inspirational, I said. >_<

I've always kinda tried to cover it up and not really mention it, but people picked up and just didn't say much about it pretty much whenever I pulled out my notebook and drew in a public setting (and I draw A LOT at school). Now that I've moved away from that same school though, I might be able to be a bit more open about it at my new school.

It's not really that big of a deal to play a video game or watch a TV show. If anyone says it is, then they are the immature ones for actually giving a crap and judging you for it. Sure, it's admittedly embarassing because of how people think of Pokemon, but if you're a fan you probably know that liking Pokemon does not mean you're immature, childish, nerdy, or "gay". It just means you're into something that most people aren't. If someone has a problem with it, they should get over it and stop trying to seem cool by insulting someone else just for liking Pokemon.

Phillip Valerius
June 18th, 2008, 06:40 PM
While I agree with the primary message of Mudkip's post (be yourself, and get a thick skin), one has to be careful not to take it too far. It's egotistical to say that "being myself is more important than other people's happiness!" and it's arrogant to say that "The way other people feel is irrelevant! I'm going to act exactly the way I want to, and if that bothers them, too bad! They're inferior to me for not liking the way I act!"

I think one should accept oneself the way he is, and act according to his principles. He shouldn't let other people's opinions affect the way he feels about himself (although the idea that thick skin can curb rejection is a myth; rejection hurts you no matter who you are), or how he behaves. However, he should recognize that he has to live with people his entire life, and more importantly, they have to live with him. We're all in this together, and so we should make it as easy on each other as we can. That means taking into consideration what modes of behavior will make other people most comfortable, what makes a person the most fun to be around. If I started picking my nose in front of everyone because I enjoyed doing it, they would have grounds for reproach, wouldn't they? Consideration for other people should be, in my opinion, held with at least equal regard as individuality.

Again, I don't disagree with mudkip. Pokemon is a silly thing to get worked up over, and we shouldn't be so peer-paralyzed that we hide it. Insults are petty things that don't matter. I'm only saying that we should remember that those "petty idiots" who make fun of us are people too, with their own lives, their own stories, their own insecurities and desires, and we should recognize them as such. We should never consider anyone as inferior, and we should never use "I'm just being myself!" as an excuse to behave in a way that hurts someone else, or makes life more difficult for them.

Darkhaven3
June 18th, 2008, 06:49 PM
People that know I like Pokemon don't care. People who also know I'm a furry think I'm a disgusting freak. People who also know I'm gay think I'm a dredge of humanity. I don't really care any way you cut it.

iLike2EatPiez
June 18th, 2008, 06:57 PM
While I agree with the primary message of Mudkip's post (be yourself, and get a thick skin), one has to be careful not to take it too far. It's egotistical to say that "being myself is more important than other people's happiness!" and it's arrogant to say that "The way other people feel is irrelevant! I'm going to act exactly the way I want to, and if that bothers them, too bad! They're inferior to me for not liking the way I act!"

I think one should accept oneself the way he is, and act according to his principles. He shouldn't let other people's opinions affect the way he feels about himself (although the idea that thick skin can curb rejection is a myth; rejection hurts you no matter who you are), or how he behaves. However, he should recognize that he has to live with people his entire life, and more importantly, they have to live with him. We're all in this together, and so we should make it as easy on each other as we can. That means taking into consideration what modes of behavior will make other people most comfortable, what makes a person the most fun to be around. If I started picking my nose in front of everyone because I enjoyed doing it, they would have grounds for reproach, wouldn't they? Consideration for other people should be, in my opinion, held with at least equal regard as individuality.

Again, I don't disagree with mudkip. Pokemon is a silly thing to get worked up over, and we shouldn't be so peer-paralyzed that we hide it. Insults are petty things that don't matter. I'm only saying that we should remember that those "petty idiots" who make fun of us are people too, with their own lives, their own stories, their own insecurities and desires, and we should recognize them as such. We should never consider anyone as inferior, and we should never use "I'm just being myself!" as an excuse to behave in a way that hurts someone else, or makes life more difficult for them.

Oh, (if you're referring to my post, that is; if not... well, I still mean what I'm saying in this post) I never meant anything that way. I'm just trying to say that it shouldn't matter what other people think about me when it comes to something as unimportant as Pokemon. I didn't try to say I'd go out of my way to bother or prove anyone wrong; I just meant if they try to bother someone for liking Pokemon, it really shouldn't be a big deal, and neither person involved should really care. That's all.

Phillip Valerius
June 18th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I know, I know, I don't think you or the original poster meant it that way. It's just, when ideas are thrown out, some readers inevitably take them to their extremes, as opposed to finding a healthy balance with common sense. I just wanted to provide a counter-argument just to provide some balance.

Darkhaven3
June 18th, 2008, 07:01 PM
if they try to bother someone for liking Pokemon, it really shouldn't be a big deal

I dunno about you, but that's just taking it too goddamn far. For arguing against someone about something so petty, the aggressor obviously has some kind of superiority complex.

Lil MuDkiP849
June 19th, 2008, 06:46 AM

yup i agree with everything here too.

Jabunks
June 19th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I don't recognize pokemon as a childish game, its a popular RPG
I once wore a pokemon hat at school just to be different

Masterleaguegurlx
June 19th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Youu are all insprirational..
I mean Truly- youu really are :)
I told some of my friends earlier today and kinda made it into a joke and shrugged it off when they gave me wierd looks. I just said 'I shouuld be shot really, but youu gotta admit pokemon is for COOLKIDS only ;)'.
They said no more.
So its up to youu wherher youu want to spill or not but just make sure that youur not trying to be some one youur not in the process. It wont make youu happy. Trust me. I know.

starmii3
June 19th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Im not ashamed! Why would I be? If someone ask's if I like Pokemon, then that means they probably some-what like it to. I know alot of people who like it as do I, and I know that they had some feeling for it before also. Also, Why care what other people think. People can be such jerks some times, but as long as you enjoy it, it shouldnt matter to them.

Avey
June 19th, 2008, 03:34 PM

How did a thread that's starter post was that get so popular?

Phillip Valerius is officially my favourite new member. Beautiful post, my friend. Beautiful post.

I can't really relate though because the only two people in real life that know I like Pokemon are my two friends that also like Pokemon, so we don't really slag each other.

Horyo
June 19th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I feel embarrassed sometimes, and sometimes I go "wtf" at the base idea of trapping animals and forcing them to fight.

But I love pokemon, it's been a main part of my childhood and I won't let anyone put me down for it.

.emerald
June 20th, 2008, 04:23 AM
I feel embarrassed sometimes, and sometimes I go "wtf" at the base idea of trapping animals and forcing them to fight.

But I love pokemon, it's been a main part of my childhood and I won't let anyone put me down for it.

i understand what you really wanna say, i feel the same waty too!^_^"!

JollyRoger25
June 27th, 2008, 08:11 PM
No more, no more shame. I LOVE POKEMON, THE GAMES, THE ANIME, THE MOVIES, AND IF ANYBODY HAS A PROBLEM WITH IT THEY CAN JUST SHOVE IT!!!!!!! <just yelled that in his own house with the windows open> Thaaaats right!!!!

.emerald
June 27th, 2008, 08:12 PM
told ya!!!! i feel the same exact way!!!

Ayu-Chann
June 28th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Well, not really. ^_^;

In the last day of school I brought my DS and showed everyone my pokemon team. They even gave me advice on how to improve them because they beat me. >.< So, they don't really care because they're big pokemon fans too. =D

.emerald
June 28th, 2008, 08:57 PM
then, what thas that make you???
-an even bigger pokemon fan???

Deadly Arbok
June 29th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I don't shout out to the wind that I like Pokemon and all. But if someone asks me about it, than I tell the truth about watching the shows. And where I live, 9 times out of 10, they're one of those old school Pokemon fans, and so it really isn't much of a big deal. In fact, I don't think I ever got seriously insulted for liking it.

GKS
June 29th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I used to have a shirt that had POkemon on it, and I stopped wearing it at school as I got older not to be made fun of. Some of my friends know I like Pokemon though. As much as I don't want to be ashamed of it, people make me feel a little ashamed sometimes, but there is nothing to be ashamed of for hacking, but I like hacking and I like the anime too.

t3hjolteon
June 29th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Though I don't go around telling everybody who will listen that I'm a pokemon fan, I don't attempt to conceal that knowledge from anyone. For me, pokemon is a hobby, an activity that I can do every now and again when I'm bored or when I just feel like it. Liking pokemon is nothing to be ashamed of; it's a complex, creative strategy game, which is why I enjoy playing it. Whether or not people accept that does not prevent me from playing games of the series.

~GallantBlade~
June 30th, 2008, 02:04 AM
for a month ago i was a little embarassed about it... but i dont care if someone thinks im to old for it anymore! POKEMON RULES!!!:D

Gavin
June 30th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Meh, it's something I enjoy, why the hell should anyone else be the judge of what I like?

Basically, I play it in my own time, and with my close friends who accept me for it. Other then that, it's packed away. :)

MoonlightUmbreon
June 30th, 2008, 02:58 AM
I can't care less if people know. In fact everyone does know now. I don't get embarrassed, but I do get angry at the idiots who have nothing better to do in their "worthwhile" time than to take someone down just to make themselves feel more confident about their self. I'm more of a fan of other things that I wouldn't dare say at school though, for different reasons than embarrassment and so-forth.

Guitar God in Training
June 30th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Ya know, caps lock can be turned off.

I will never be ashamed.

Xyrin
June 30th, 2008, 06:08 AM
I'm not emmbares anyway in school everyone likes it so why would I Just one person who I hate at school makes fun of me but I've been dealing with that boy since the first grade I'm now imune to him but he also wants pearl :D.

sanny the hedgehog
June 30th, 2008, 06:10 AM
most of my friends like pokemon, but my class doesn't. im popular at school and some people look at me wierd for liking pokemon, but i'am not ashamed or any thing like that!

.emerald
July 1st, 2008, 05:57 AM
^_^"! we have the same understanding!!!!!!!!

GligarYanma
July 1st, 2008, 09:47 AM
Here's a story. In 3rd Grade all I used to talk about was Pokemon, cause I thought everyone liked it like they did in 2nd Grade at my old school, I wasn't really embarassed cause no one really laughed at me. By 4th Grade though I felt embarassed because i looked back and realized I was kind of too talkitive about Pokemon, since then I stopped talking about it at school, but I still love Pokemon.

icomeanon6
July 1st, 2008, 10:24 AM
I have sort of a love/point-and-laugh relationship with Pokemon. In public, I never mention that I like Pokemon. The thing is, even though I love Pokemon, I see so many things about it that are simply ridiculous--like the fact that the anime serves essentially as an advertisement, and that the newer versions of the games have the poor design choice of not changing enough.

I wouldn't say I'm "ashamed or embarrassed" of liking Pokemon, I just don't see the need in telling anyone outside of the internet that I like it.

balthamos
July 1st, 2008, 10:26 AM
Never to be emmbarased about it, its a part of me. I love pokemon and I wont hide it. my rooms completely pokefied( One side of it ) And I am a happy person to admit that I do love my pokemon.

paperfunk
July 1st, 2008, 10:30 AM
i wish i could be as strong as some of you. im terribly embarrased, but i am a HUGE fan of Pokemon. its mainly around people i dont know, or distant relatives that im most embarrased by. other than that, my best friends like it and my mom lives with it.

Zero Seven
July 1st, 2008, 12:05 PM
You shouldn't post in all caps. People who think you're screaming at us. I don't wanna be sceamed at. 3:

But yeah, I'm proud to love this wonderful fandom. They actually call me pika-girl at school, but who cares, right? ^^

Agree, all caps FTL ^____~

Anyway, pokemon is win, no reason to be ashamed.

DarkAkatsuki
July 1st, 2008, 12:31 PM
I am embrassed about it. but what the heck.......

PokemonAus24.com
July 1st, 2008, 05:43 PM
With certain people yes, I was not going to go around school telling people I liked Pokemon and even had my own website about it, but I know others my age who like Pokemon and they are who I discussed it with.

[Technya]
July 1st, 2008, 05:56 PM
Not at all.
Quite frankly I don't care whether people know or not. My friends and boyfriend know I'm into it and they don't make fun of me at all. I have however had to endure others poking fun at me for it but I don't give two ****s about their "opinion".

Making fun = not an opinion.

Truth is everyone is into something others will classify as "dorky" so who cares. Besides, once upon a time 98% of kids/teens/young adults were into it. Some of us just stuck to it still some years later :3

Dalevl
July 1st, 2008, 07:15 PM
A Bit yeah since I am a bit shy but I plan on letting my friends know once I get more courageous

.emerald
July 1st, 2008, 07:56 PM
just scream it out to them for pokemon sakes!!(^_^"!)

Netto Azure
July 2nd, 2008, 12:53 PM
Sometimes I am but the way things are nowadays people are a little bit more open-minded, so I do somehow openly show my (obsession?) to Pokemon. Every time I talk about it people are sent to a nostalgia trip or actually play it. It still surprises me. Shouldn't be a surprise when half the school reads,watch manga/anime, Bleach and Naruto in particular. The school's Anime club (Japanese Culture Appreciation Club?) pretty much sweeten things up very much.
Also sorry for the politics but Climate Change IS NOT A SCAM!!!!

Skullie
July 2nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Im not either of those- Everyone (but like 10-12) at my school likes pokemon :P!

eleven
July 2nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
Well I'm certainly not going to run around telling people I like Pokemon. At my age (18) I'm not suppose to like Pokemon (or any type of cartoon) anymore. I do though, so deal with it people! :-P

.emerald
July 3rd, 2008, 03:33 AM
great to here it!!, off course any age can like anything as long as you believe it....

Henrik
July 3rd, 2008, 04:30 AM
I was embarrassed when I was around 13-14 and I lied to my friends and said I hated Pokémon. Everyone I know knows that I like Pokémon now though and my friends accept that. Even though I get teased sometimes by the "cool" kids, I'm glad I don't have to lie to my friends anymore.

Netto Azure
July 3rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
We shouldn't be embarrassed because we should be proud that were part of a fandom that almost singlehandedly saved the hand-held gaming industry. Also you would be surprised that our obsession is pretty normal compared to what other people in College probably likes. Also when people usually hear the word "Pokemon" the anime always comes to mind.
(NO Offense I like the anime I have the opening/ending themes on my MP3) Just remind them that there is more to Pokemon than the anime (Vidja Games, Manga's, Fanfics?).

Rosefrost
July 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
I'll admit, I sometimes am embarrassed about it. Like once, I had this nasty cut on my arm, and put a pokemon bandage on it. Well, one of my friends saw it and said: "You like Pokemon? God, that show is so gay!" to which I shamefully said:"Of course not, I HATE pokemon! These were the only bandaids we had." Then, there was another time, when I was talking to a friend who actually liked pokemon, and then some guy said: "Pikachu is so gay, it shoots lightning out of his butt." And I said: "No, it shoots lightning out of it's cheeks." to which the guy replied: "Yeah, it's buttcheecks!" Okay, that time I was trying not to laugh. Then, there was a time when I asked a guy if anyone at his school liked pokemon. He said:"No, there aren't any little baby's at my school." Plus, once when I was playing pokemon cards on the sidewalk with some kids, the adult's walking by were staring at me funny. So yeah, I guess sometimes I am, but I've learned to speak up for myself; Cuz' if you don't like Pokemon, you probably won't like me.

El Softo
July 3rd, 2008, 09:26 PM
Well I really only play the games, but even so I'm a "closet player". Nobody really knows that I play it (Then again, nobody asked). Over here, Pokemon was seen more as a fad and I wouldn't be suprised if they were suprised that I play it.

Lycoris
July 3rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
I'm absolutely not embarrassed at all. I have a Charmander shirt from Hot Topic, and on back of my dog tags I have a Houndoom sticker. I have a Steelix and Gabite on the back of my mp3 player. I adore Pokemon, and I grew up with it. I'm already made fun of by a few girls for being "emo" and immature junk like that. But everyone decent in my school accepts me, even though I'm prob one out of 12 kids in the whole highschool that even goes back to play the game. I'm not entirely obsessed, but I enjoy it ^^''

♫♪♫♥Azurill♥♫♪♫
July 4th, 2008, 05:11 AM
I'm not really ashamed, or embarrassed.

Tyko64
July 4th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Oh heck no, ive played pokemon since i was three, im sure other people have done things worse than watch a show, besides, who cares? its not like their going to kill you for playing a video game that almost every normal non-bully kid does.

oh and, i like water pokes too ^-^

Lone--Wanderer
July 4th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Heck no, I like Pokemon and I'll shout it to the world if I want to. :D

JKLAZ
July 4th, 2008, 10:12 AM
No because i know some people 5 years older than me playing it :P

Neosplash
July 4th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I'm not embarassed or ashamed, but I don't really tell anybody. I don't go around telling people "Hey I like pokemin, do you like the pokimin? do you want me to show you my pokemons?".
I'm not even that big of a fan in the first place, I only play the games, and the last games in the series that I've owned was Fire red. (Which I've since lost)

Lycoris
July 4th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I'm not embarassed or ashamed, but I don't really tell anybody. I don't go around telling people "Hey I like pokemin, do you like the pokimin? do you want me to show you my pokemons?".
I'm not even that big of a fan in the first place, I only play the games, and the last games in the series that I've owned was Fire red. (Which I've since lost)

I randomly go up to people and ask if they want to trade me Pokemans....I don't understand why people want to hide it, it makes you look insecure and boring, and actually like a child. If you express yourself and act secure and not care what others will think no one will care that you like Pokemon they will accept it...

Saltare.
July 4th, 2008, 04:55 PM
No. That would be wrong if you feel ashamed or embarresed cuz you like pokemon! I've loved it since I was 2 years old!

.emerald
July 4th, 2008, 07:07 PM
actually he's right in some cases......

Max_Damage39
July 5th, 2008, 06:25 AM
All my friends know and I couldn't care less if they thought it was childish. I'm not going to stop playing a game I like just because someone thinks it's stupid. So no, I'm not ashamed or embarrassed.

destinedjagold
July 5th, 2008, 07:12 AM
embarrassed? nope!
I love POKeMON and why should I be ashamed of he things I love the most?

my friends, old friends when I was in high school, and currently in college, knows that I love POKeMON.

I even made some of my friends addicted to POKeMON. :P

Scorcher
July 5th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Hell no. I like Pokemon, so what? Everyone has their own interests and hobbies, and one of mine is Pokemon. Anyone who takes the piss out of me for that can go die in a hole.

Amaruuk
July 6th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I was the same age as Ash when I first got into Pokemon, but since I went to a private school none of the other kids liked Pokemon (or even cartoons or anime for that matter) except for the card game, which was the only part I wasn't interested in. I went to a different school in high school, but I was still made fun of for liking Pokemon and other things a bit too much. Now that I'm in college, I don't worry that I'll be made fun of, and I don't care too much about other's opinions anymore, but I still wait until I can trust a person before coming out and saying I like certain things, although when people see my artwork, or watch me draw, it doesn't seem to matter much what I'm drawing, they just like it anyway, so I can get away with living in the past. :3

.emerald
July 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
^^i really understand....
same way i did too.....

Lil MuDkiP849
July 6th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I was the same age as Ash when I first got into Pokemon, but since I went to a private school none of the other kids liked Pokemon (or even cartoons or anime for that matter) except for the card game, which was the only part I wasn't interested in. I went to a different school in high school, but I was still made fun of for liking Pokemon and other things a bit too much. Now that I'm in college, I don't worry that I'll be made fun of, and I don't care too much about other's opinions anymore, but I still wait until I can trust a person before coming out and saying I like certain things, although when people see my artwork, or watch me draw, it doesn't seem to matter much what I'm drawing, they just like it anyway, so I can get away with living in the past. :3

Yea you gotta wait for that trust. I found that same trust with my GF and what was i doing with her today? Playing PBR wifi matches with her. lmao. I let her do whatever she wants until she asks for help, and the cool thing is we win most of the time.

SherlockHolmeboy
July 7th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I'm not really too embarassed about liking Pokemon. Most people at school make fun of me for it though. But then again, they fun of me for everything. :P

Flaffy_Love<3
July 8th, 2008, 03:00 AM
No way I'll never be embarassed of Pokemon! I don't care what ANYBODY thinks! I grew up loving Pokemon and I'm not about to stop loving it now! I've loved it ever since I first saw the show and got the game!

How come Brock falls for rpetty girls but doesn't fall for Dawn or May? I mean, those girls are pretty, especially Dawn, she's adorable, but Brock doesn't fall for her like everybody else.....WHY?!

.emerald
July 8th, 2008, 04:07 AM
No way I'll never be embarassed of Pokemon! I don't care what ANYBODY thinks! I grew up loving Pokemon and I'm not about to stop loving it now! I've loved it ever since I first saw the show and got the game!

How come Brock falls for rpetty girls but doesn't fall for Dawn or May? I mean, those girls are pretty, especially Dawn, she's adorable, but Brock doesn't fall for her like everybody else.....WHY?!

^^great too here it!!

um... because their not of the same age....(brock is older!!!)

Miss_Harleen
July 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I'm not too embarrassed by it, but I am taunted mercilessly. :)

Lynnx
July 8th, 2008, 10:20 AM

Yeah...I've only told one of my friends that I like Pokemon, and she...had no response. She's the one I trust the most, though.

I really never tell anybody about that. People can't tease me if they don't know, right? ^^ And I don't let it show, either.

Kerotan
July 8th, 2008, 12:05 PM
No one really cares about popularity in college really...

Pretty much all of the popular kids at my school have a Pokemon game or two. I don't really think it matters, because I don't let Pokemon take over my life or anything. Just because I'm fond of Pokemon, doesn't mean I'm a total dork. In fact, I guess I'm what you would call one of the 'popular' people at my school. Oh, but I hate the show, because Ash sounds like a 265-pound lady that's had 1 too many beers, and the writers are probably of the same persuasion.

I think one of the reasons Pokemon is labeled as 'dorky' is because when you see, like, two Pokemon-loving little boys who are running arround being like: "Goooooooo Charizard" "Gooooooo Hoothoot!" "Hoothoot, use Fly!" *boy pretends to fly and hits the charizard i.e. other kid*
Know what I mean? It's basicly if that's all you ever talk about, and do, you count as a nerd, but thats' true with pretty mush anything. ^_^

Solyss
July 8th, 2008, 02:06 PM
:]]]]

I love Pokemon. People at school are all "Omg you're such a baby."

Whatever. I play my DS at school and yell at my DS when my Pokemon miss. D<
People laugh at me because I like Pokemon, and I laugh at them because they're growing up too fast.

Peanutz
July 8th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I get made fun because of it a lot, but I just think to myself.

'Who gives a crap? It's my opinion!'

It doesn't matter if people say Pokemon is gay or something, what matters is your opinion! ^_^

.emerald
July 9th, 2008, 04:11 AM
^i like what your saying, a very general rule!!!

Peanutz
July 9th, 2008, 06:16 AM
^i like what your saying, a very general rule!!!

Thanks. ^_^

All people are different, and they're allowed to think different thoughts. =)
It would be horrific if everyone was exactly the same...

Virtual Chatot
July 9th, 2008, 06:29 AM
No, but I wouldn't want anyone beyond the walls of my house knowing that I like Pokemon. :/

Sweet Candace
July 9th, 2008, 06:35 AM
There was a video game club at my high school and some people were playing Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. It doesn't really matter to me. No one picks on me for liking Pokemon, they have other reasons to...

.emerald
July 9th, 2008, 07:59 PM
i feel sorry for those other trainers out there who have a different scenario as you^.... they get picked on for just liking pokemon....

Imakuni?
July 10th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I'm not. Before I quit and got my GED, I'd sit in the lobby at school playing the games. Noone ever gave me much **** for it. Some even joined right in.

Edit - Topic starter, chill out. Caps lock is NOT cruise control for cool.

the bitter end.
July 10th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Read the sig, it tells all.

Sheruda Kachinuki
July 10th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Me? even they say all the rude things about Pokemons, I will simply reply
''STAY OUT ON MY LIFE''
Is that ok? heheheheh

sonic smash down
July 10th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I personally could care less about who knows that i like pokemon. (but my friend likes to tell everyone, he's definitly not ashamed at all lolz) but those who know are most of my friends. but then again im friends wit mostly everyone at that school besides a few (well not allowed to curse) and if it gets to out of hand if those people start to make fun of me they know i can kick their asses (red belt) so they just stop and walk away. :P

The Bringer!
July 10th, 2008, 11:39 PM
No one at my school knows I like it and I intend to keep it that way. ^^;

Thrace
July 11th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Wow, maybe school life is a lot different in other countries? I'm in my last year at school and I know a ton of people who play Pokemon. In my Physics class there is a group of people who sit at the back and play Pokemon (Silver and Gold) all through the spell. And they're not "nerdy" or anything either. I know these people, I don't know them personally but I've seen them at parties and they are definitely not nerdy. Some are among the most popular kids in school.

I'm certainly not afraid of liking Pokemon. Although I admit some years back I might have been. After Primary School when it wasn't cool to play Pokemon anymore was when my interest in Pokemon actually started so I didn't really tell anyone. I gave it up after a couple of years, but then 2 years ago my friends and I were bored and decided to try Pokemon and again and we were all hooked. We talk about it (openly) all the time and no one gets bullied for it. Girls however don't seem to play it, well not many.

I'm more interested in Pokemon then most people at school, and definitely the most out of my friends. I hack Pokemon roms now and surprisingly (to me) I'm some what embarrassed of it. I don't know why, though. My friends know I do it but no one else.

Commander_Latios
July 11th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Ashamed or embarassed? Nope. Not in the least. Why should I be, I know people in their 20's who like it as much as i do and admit it.

I've been made fun of before at school. One of the morons actually called me a furry-lover. Know what I said?

"What was your first guess?" and then walked off. I'm not afraid to admit it. They hate me anyway.

PB
July 11th, 2008, 02:16 AM
I haven't told anyone, not because I'm embaresed its just never come up. Plus everyone has interests its no-one business if you don't want too tell anyone.

pklove
July 11th, 2008, 02:35 AM
I accidentally let it sort of slip that I love it, so now I'm in a deep depression on account of the seemingly never-ending teasing. I actually used to be very popular, but since then have been having dark thoughts about ending my life.
Sorry for the life story, but to get slightly back on topic, I am not ashamed of loving Pokemon, I'm ashamed of my old "friends" and embarrassed i was associated with them. It doesn't help the teasing though...

Brawling_Cookie_xoxo
July 11th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Does anyone know how to get this Gundam Wing dvd working

ice_nine
July 11th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Pokemon is an on and off thing for me. I'm long past the days where I'd spend all day playing with it, but I still recognize it as an interesting concept that I can play around with when I'm bored.

That said, it's never a good idea to let people at school know you like it, because there's rarely anything good that will come of it.

Ruffresia
July 11th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I'm not ashamed or embarrassed. Just like all the other kids at school have their obsessions, I have mine. No one really even cares what I like, so if I told anyone, they probably wouldn't listen. Guess I'm lucky?

mattrules18
July 11th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I have never been embarassed and/or ashamed of my obvious obbsession with Pokemon. Most people I know know about it and most don't care and the ones that make fun of me for it or call me gay or whatever I just shrug because I know that I'm more secure with who I am than they are that I can openly admit that I like something that is considered by most to be childish...yeah...I'm deep

.emerald
July 11th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I have never been embarassed and/or ashamed of my obvious obbsession with Pokemon. Most people I know know about it and most don't care and the ones that make fun of me for it or call me gay or whatever I just shrug because I know that I'm more secure with who I am than they are that I can openly admit that I like something that is considered by most to be childish...yeah...I'm deep

yup, i get what your saying dude, & you are deep:http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/gbgsh/gbgsh197.pngseriously.

Freestyle Farfetch'd
July 12th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I have to say no ashamed feelings here, I just -- Well, I just cant see anyone taking the entire thing seriously enough, I guess. I don't see why anyone would be that bothered by me, a known eccentric around school being into Pokemon. I also have an acute ability to draw people into my hobbies. =)

What I've been doing with Pokemon is distributing ROMs of Emerald and Leaf Green around the school, to all who will take. I even track down foreign language versions of the games for the large contingent of Spanish/German people at my school. It's a kind of viral marketing thing, too. One guy sees another guy play, they come to me asking for the ROM (I'm known for giving out free games.)

Actualy, hang on. I didn't do any of that, because I'm an upstanding, law abiding citizen. =D

But really, those who are fearful of retribution - I wouldn't be. It's just really, really, not that bigger deal in most people's minds, and I think you'll find that you've been letting yourself get into a hussy about it. Don't overdo it though - don't shove it down people's throats, people hate that. (I used to do that when I was little, and pissed a lot of people of because of it.) Be happy to play around the school, and, try and find some perfectly legal (like mine, of course =P), way of spreading it.

.emerald
July 12th, 2008, 11:49 PM
What I've been doing with Pokemon is distributing ROMs of Emerald and Leaf Green around the school, to all who will take. I even track down foreign language versions of the games for the large contingent of Spanish/German people at my school.
tracking down foreign languages just for your Spanish/German people at your school??(i admire your patience dude!!!)

Freestyle Farfetch'd
July 13th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Man, it's not that hard, They're right there with the English versions of the games at my ultra-top secret ROM downloading location. Thanks for the compliments, though. =)

milovan93
July 13th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Im 14 in year 10 and its seems so babysish. Not to me though. Ive gone through all of the FADS ( yugioh, beybladez, etc) but pokemon is the one that has made a lasting impression on me. I have nt played with the cards or games in 6 years but lately something clciked. I realised what id been searching for for all this time. Pokemon man i love it im a Gold fan and i lve the cards. But the tv show hasnt been the same since the frist few seasons.

.emerald
July 14th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Man, it's not that hard, They're right there with the English versions of the games at my ultra-top secret ROM downloading location. Thanks for the compliments, though. =)

sure, but ill compliment you again, your a helpful trainer^_^"!

Likewise
July 27th, 2008, 08:07 PM
i'm not embarrassed the eighth graders sometimes give me a hard time but it doesn't really faze me.

.emerald
July 27th, 2008, 08:10 PM
See?What did i tell ya'?
Did that get of your chest now did it^_^"!

Likewise
July 27th, 2008, 08:11 PM
yah thanks XD makes me feel better.

pong08
July 28th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I am proud to say that I've been a fan of pokemon since I was 10 years old. 10!! The age when you start your own journey. As time had passed, I only got tired out of the show, but not the manga nor the games. I pretty much talk about pokemon and(some other topics), but really I don't care if someone makes fun of me or think that I'm uncool because I still like pokemon.(Considering that I'm 18)Long Live Pokemon!!

pinksyllibus
July 28th, 2008, 09:18 AM
In High School, yeah I have to admit I rarely admitted that I'm a Pokemon fan. Only a few people knew about it, and those who did didn't really care, as they are just as crazy as I am >=D

Now, I really don't care. I'm over that phase, hehe.

Stronkadonk
July 28th, 2008, 09:30 AM
i'd love to yell it out, but at the risk of NOT getting a girlfriend...

pong08
July 28th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Dude.... I am soooooo sorry. (prays for him)

FireRedLexi
July 28th, 2008, 10:42 AM

You sound like me.
Everyone knows that I play pokemon and I too got all my friends playing it aswell, it was so funny...One moment I was playing and talking about it to my best friend and the next day he and all his friends had brought theirs in.

It's really strange that without knowing me and all my best friends love Pokemon :D. We aren't bothered what other people think =)

Omg that's awful...I feel sorry for you.

If I found out, a guy I fancied, played Pokemon, it'd be amazing! No, awesome!

I say that when you're next with a girl [that you like], ask them if they watch cartoon or anime or anything of that genre and then ask their opinion on Pokemon and see what they say. It may work.

And also, the girl should respect in what you like and what your interested in. If she liked something that you didn't, you'd still try and make an effort to join in, in what she likes, right?

Gymnotide
July 28th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Yes, I am so embarrassed. Anytime someone asks me if I like Pokemon, I turn pink and say "No," making it completely obvious with my breaking voice that I'm lying. Then I turn around and walk away, only to have them scream at me, "Haha, ___ likes Pokemon." And then I feel like a child. And I'm so scared they might tell all of my other friends and have them make fun of me behind my back. God, it's so embarrassing - you have no idea. OMG, if everyone knew, I would so totally /die/. Like, omigosh~

Just kidding. Heeee-all no. Damn, I draw Pokemon during my free time :)

darkcloud
July 28th, 2008, 10:57 AM
As much as I like the games.....I'm not gonna tell people and i'm gonna lie to people that ask. It's hard leaving a childhood thing....and i dont plan to cause i still love the games. but I'm def. not going around HS and saying guys hey guess what i caught ____ OMG"

-HeaveN-
July 28th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Why would I be embarrased? It just because of Pokemon that I got to meet my best-friend in the whole wide world(www). It has always widened the world for me,I know it sounds stupid, But I say I owe Pokemon so much!

People will say anything they like. Why should I agree and go-on liking to what they want me to? I live my life and I have the right to lead it in the way I like.

Thankyou Pokemon, for giving me the sense of friendship. It's way better to like Pokemon than to watch some lame show or movies (which may contain elder stuff as well)

Good Day.

♥~*Abby*~♥
July 28th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I'm a little ashamed, personally. Kinda the same way I feel about watching Spongebob- I feel that I'm too old for it, but love it anyway. ~_~

Verguil13
July 28th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Sometimes I do, but then I just remember that it doesn't matter what people say or think. It does suck though when most of your friends don't like pokemon and you do though.