View Full Version : pokemon snap: love it or hate it

June 30th, 2008, 1:18 AM
i was going through my game collection and i happened upon a rather dusty cartridge today, so without even cleaning it i blew on the slot and popped it in hoping for the best. to my amazement it was my long lost copy of pokemon snap, fond memories of my childhood came running back to me at blazing speeds. here is the main question, was I the only one with such high admiration for this title?

June 30th, 2008, 1:30 AM
It was fun when I was younger; but I think I've outgrown it since then.

June 30th, 2008, 3:55 AM
It was a great game at the time, but now it's slightly dated. Nevertheless, I still have some fun with it.

imaginary kitty
June 30th, 2008, 5:07 AM
Yay Pokemon Snap. :3 I love that game, which is unusual for me because I usually don't like any of the spin-off games and stick to the traditional RPGness.

I even downloaded it onto my Wii so I could play it all over again. ^^ Good times.

June 30th, 2008, 8:56 AM
I'm going to get other Pokemon games because they are better

June 30th, 2008, 12:49 PM
It was a great game at the time, but now it's slightly dated. Nevertheless, I still have some fun with it.

Yeah, i had a great time playing with this game but now for a days, i don't wanna to play it anymore.The reason : - I don't know.

June 30th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I loved all the neat little tricks that you could figure out in Pokemon Snap. For a long time I never used a FAQ or an online guide, so it was a great feeling to discover something on your own. I used to view my best snapshots a lot; it always felt like an accomplishment for me.

July 3rd, 2008, 11:18 AM
I loved Pokemon Snap to no end. It was the first spin-off besides the Pinball games and TCG, but Nintendo did an excellent job with it.

July 3rd, 2008, 12:52 PM
I remember when it came out me thinking, it was my favorite pokemon game ever!!! lol

July 3rd, 2008, 5:27 PM
I love that game so much. I still play it occasionally. I really wish they made a sequel where you walk around actual habitats.

July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 PM
I really wish they made a sequel where you walk around actual habitats.
I second that =D
I loved playing that game! It was fun and a serious change of pace from my other games. Now I miss it lol

July 4th, 2008, 1:58 PM
Pokémon Snap was one of the best games ever. I hope Nintendo will eventually make a modern version of the game.

July 5th, 2008, 1:33 AM
It strives on good looking graphics. I remember it being fun though to see ideas as to how pokemon went about things.

July 5th, 2008, 1:40 AM
I actually disliked it, I found no real fun in it, I mean, all you do is take pictures =\

July 5th, 2008, 1:50 AM
YA, it was only taking pictures, but for me I remember getting all excited about seeing favorites. And getting good shots for the points could get addictively fun.

July 6th, 2008, 9:01 AM
I love it. Only thing i wished is that is was longer..

July 6th, 2008, 9:59 AM
I remember when I was little my sister used to let me play it on her console. Funny thing was that she never found out how to get the picture of Mew. I thought it was rather simple, myself. Anyway, yeah, it was a fun game.

July 6th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I loved it!
I brought it on my Wii too, and still think it's fun.

Sweet Candace
July 6th, 2008, 1:55 PM
I liked it. But they really need to make a modern one....

July 6th, 2008, 2:57 PM
when I was younger I loved it, it was cute. Fun.. I stopped playing it for a few years untill I decided to get it on the wii. Now I am in deep love with it again, how much fun <3

Glitter Stain
July 7th, 2008, 5:02 AM
Pokemon Snap was definitely a fun game. I remember trying to get a picture of Snorlax, and it kept coming up "???". It took me a while to figure out what I needed to do.

July 7th, 2008, 1:03 PM
Omg Pokemon Snap was the best! Imagine a modern version for the Wii with PBR graphics... O.O

July 7th, 2008, 4:14 PM
Personally, I loved it. I fully 100%'ed it. I would love to see a remake for Wii. Would be really good with the Wii remote to snap and all.

July 8th, 2008, 6:52 AM
I remember that that was my first Pokemon game, too! I remember calling Pidgey 'piggy' because I was only about 6.. But i still love the game.

Aisu K.
July 8th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Hmm... I liked it when I played it, but when I look back now... I could beat it in 3 hours. Hard to say, I'm kinda ridin' the fence here XD;

July 8th, 2008, 1:55 PM
I've played it to 100% three different times. I love that game, they should so make another one. ^^

July 8th, 2008, 4:36 PM
I found it a great game and I would like to see an updated version on Wiiware.

July 10th, 2008, 4:27 PM
I found it a great game and I would like to see an updated version on Wiiware.It is currently available for 1,000 Wii points on the virtual console.

July 10th, 2008, 6:11 PM
My friends are still in awe at the fact I can take a picture of Mew, and get a good score. I love Rainbow Cloud :D

July 10th, 2008, 7:42 PM
I voted no. =/ I remember the day I play it and ended getting boring. Indeed.

July 11th, 2008, 1:04 AM
I thought It was good fun. For 5 miniutes.

July 11th, 2008, 4:43 AM
Haha, i remember pokemon snap.. THE GOOD OLD DAYS!! i miss those, :(, pokemon snap was ok but nothing tops the old gameboy color games!

July 11th, 2008, 9:07 AM
Yea. I remember playing Snap on 64. It was awesome

Eternal Nightmare
July 11th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Im pretty indifferent, it was fun, but just snapping picture of pokemon was not a fun thing to do, so meh!

July 12th, 2008, 3:37 AM
I have great fun with that game...

Yes i still play it at times but i start it again every time. lol...

I mean i get all the pictures in one go i don't need to go back after i got mew

July 12th, 2008, 6:15 AM
I out grown it. I got more into RPG Pokemon games.

July 12th, 2008, 3:41 PM
pokemon snap was definatly a welcome change for me. I found it somewhat rewarding seeing all the pokemon in thier natural habitats. my favourate feature was the pokeflute causing many pokemon to dance.... graverler can move....

July 12th, 2008, 3:47 PM
I like it! Just wish you could see them all though.

GS the Bounty Hunter
July 14th, 2008, 8:24 PM
Aw. Pokemon Snap. I miss that game. I loved sitting there with my friend taking turns taking awesome pictures and him showing me how to do certain things. :'(

If I ever get a Wii I'll be buying that game.

July 14th, 2008, 11:47 PM
I thought It was good fun. For 5 miniutes.

I'm unsure if you were talking to me but..

Not really. I went all, "Erm" when it came out. I was only young this time. ^^

July 15th, 2008, 6:24 AM
Pokemon Snap is kinda fun, I guess...

July 15th, 2008, 8:25 AM
I loved it. it was pretty fun. & it taught me how to use a camera! XD I hope they re-make it for the wii

July 15th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Its not that bad but it gets boring after a while....

July 15th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I didnt like it too much all you do is aim and press a button >.<

Jude Mathis
July 15th, 2008, 12:50 PM
You know.. Pokemon Snap was never a game that I owned.
Which is surprising, because I played it a lot.. with friends, which was fun times, and also on my own. I remember renting it quite a few times back when it was still fairly new, but I never actually owned it. Dunno why.. just never happened. Same with PKMN Stadium 1 and 2, up until a couple years ago.. o_O;

..but I owned Hey You, Pikachu! 8D

July 16th, 2008, 9:34 PM
effing awesome game. I replayed it a little while ago and it only took a couple of hours to beat but it still rocks. They HAVE to make a second one for the wii.

July 16th, 2008, 10:04 PM
hey everyone what were your highest scores? I haven't played it in soooo long I think the highest points I got were 360000 or something I might be wrong but it WAS a pretty fun game. Too bad it doesn't have much replayability.... >__>

July 17th, 2008, 5:42 PM
I've played it before, I just can remember what is was like... Now I really doubt I'd buy it for any system, seeing that I can't remember what it was like playing it and it doesn't sound interesting to me...

July 18th, 2008, 4:12 AM
I actually only played it once when we borrowed it from the Video Store for a few nights. I loved it so dearly that I think I played it straight for a few hours... =P
I only wish I had bought it back then...
You know reading this thread title almost made me search Ebay for a copy.. :3

July 19th, 2008, 1:24 PM
I loved pokemon snap! But i never owned a N64 so i could only play it with friends, i got a Rom for my N64 emulator, but it doesn't work properly >.< so depressing

July 19th, 2008, 2:02 PM
I love Pokémon Snap; it was my 'in-a-bored-mood' game. I seriously could play it for days.

I second all comments about a Wii remake, it would be crazy good. I think Nintendo should look at this boards and take hints ;] It would certainly give us consumers what we'd love n__n

July 19th, 2008, 2:17 PM
Snap is easily the best spinoff.

July 26th, 2008, 1:15 PM
It was fun to try and get the Zapdos out the egg and stuff and trying to snap Surfing Pikachu. I really wanna play it now.

July 26th, 2008, 5:33 PM
I played through snap with my friend last week on the wii virtual console. They should make a second for the wii, and make it a free-roaming game!

July 29th, 2008, 6:28 AM
you reminded my childhood too.Anyways, as this game is outdated but i can have still lots of fun playing all that stuff.

August 3rd, 2008, 5:05 AM
It is FUN! Even though it is easy to beat.

August 5th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Well, to tell the truth... I absolutely loved Pokémon Snap! It was one of my favorite games when I was a little guy.
Though, I found taking numerous pictures of Mew a little bit of a chore. ;D

August 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I love this game it is one of the best pokemon spin offs ever made I simply love it

oh yeah U should all check out the website in my signature it is mad eby some of the top users at pokecommunity and it needs members to gtrow

August 7th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I used to love this game soo much. But now when I try to play it, I can't even get myself to play more than an hour =/

August 7th, 2008, 7:07 PM
I love it and I hope a snap 2 comes out for the wii. It would work well with the wiimote.

August 12th, 2008, 5:41 PM
I love Pokemon Snap i pretty much beat it and i got to the place where New is but i still play today

EDIT: I wish they made maybe a sequel with 2nd, 3rd, 4th gen pokemon for the Gamecube and Wii

August 13th, 2008, 1:36 AM
I thought it was cute... but not enough to be re made.

August 13th, 2008, 8:50 AM
I thought it was cute... but not enough to be re made.

Awwwwwwwww, cmon think about it

You playing as Todd again and Prof Oak sends to Johto where you then meet Elm and he sends you to take pictures of various pokemon and more pokemon signs and then he can show you where you can take a picutre of Celebii and then Elm sends you to Hoenn where you meet Birch and the samething happens and he can show you at the end where you can find Jirachi and thne he send you to Sinnoh where the whole thing starts over again and at the end he shows where to find Manaphy.

And if you play ont he Wii you will be able to post picutres over Wifi to show yours off and rate others

August 13th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I never played it when I was younger, but I recently got to play it, and oddly enough, I got addicted. I kept on snapping pics just to get the highest score. Luckily, I did that w/Mew!! A remake would be interesting, but hopefully more features would be added.

August 14th, 2008, 7:30 AM
I got pokemon snap so long ago I had to go through my memory. I actually liked it. I thought it was fun because you would have to play it a few time to get pictures of all the pokemon and to get really good ones. So while not as playable as regular Pokemon games, it was a lot of fun.

Nitrous Oxide
August 14th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I grew up playing it, and loved every moment of it. :P

August 24th, 2008, 12:54 PM
It was always fun to play Pokemon Snap with a friend and compete for the highest score! And, you could help each other on finding all the easter eggs. I really liked this game.

August 24th, 2008, 1:54 PM
I remember buying this with my Christmas Money in December '99 ^.^ I thought it was amazing. I would spend hours filling my album and trying to get the best pictures. Of course, at the time, games seemed much harder so getting the special photos and rare Pokémon photos seemed like an amazing achievement.

I re-downloaded it for the nostialga on the Virtual console, and it wasn't the same (but it led to some good WiiMail messages).

I loved Pokémon Snap :3

August 26th, 2008, 7:20 PM
I liked it a lot when I was younger. I don't like it as much anymore, but it is still fun to an extent.

August 26th, 2008, 8:15 PM
I thought it was an excellent game for its time. I remember taking some pretty hilarious pictures...

August 27th, 2008, 4:14 AM
I loved every minute of it, I hope they make a number 2 for the wii :D

Led Zeppelin Pwn
September 1st, 2008, 8:18 AM
I enjoy Snap.
I downloaded it from da Wii,
I use the pictures for slideshows on the photo channel,
Gameplay is pretty fun too.

September 2nd, 2008, 3:48 PM
Nintendo needs to come out with a Wii Version of Pokemon Snap.

Console Motion System! 493 Pokemon! Come on! Anybody?!

September 2nd, 2008, 4:31 PM
I would like a modern version of Pokémon Snap for the Wii.

September 3rd, 2008, 9:40 AM
Snap was excellent. <3 I literally spent hours sitting behind the Moltres egg messing with the charmander; their little noises were absolutely adorable. I bought it on the wii and was doing that the other day, in fact! Nostalgic.

I'd like a sequel too; it would be interesting to see what they could do with the newer .... technology and graphics abilities of today.

September 3rd, 2008, 11:51 AM
My sister and I split on this game back when it was on sale.

I literally spent hours sitting behind the Moltres egg messing with the charmander; their little noises were absolutely adorable.

I did the exact same thing! :D I absolutely love Charmander, and getting to play with 6 of them for as long as I wanted (thanks to that good ol' Moltres egg) was the most enjoyment I ever got out of that game.

Overall, I thought the game was good, but rather short. After beating the game, I'd often go and take random pictures to fill the Album. Then I'd write captions for each picture and turn it into a story of sorts.

September 3rd, 2008, 11:57 AM
Pokemon Snap was an excellent game at the time of it's release and kind of broke into a new type of gaming, though I think that it's the only of its' kind.

Maybe they should do a whole new version of this for the Wii, because the Wii could totally give Snap a new generation of Pokemon fans something to fall over for, or something along those lines. They could make a camera type accessory to slot into the back of the wii remote that could be used.

September 3rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
I've always liked pokemon snap, espically trying to get Pikachu to jump on the surfing board!

September 3rd, 2008, 2:05 PM
It's FREAKIN AWSOME!!!!!!! DUDE!!!!!

September 3rd, 2008, 3:46 PM
Loved it! Would always pester my friend to let me go on his N64 and play it ^^

Revise Librarian
September 6th, 2008, 4:40 AM
I like it. Sometimes I can get some "funny" shots.

squirtle rocks!
September 6th, 2008, 4:44 AM
i liked it when i first played it but now it seems pretty rubbish now i look at it:p but i think a new version of it would be good

September 6th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I love it. Played through it again on the Virtual Console and I still enjoyed it. Great game, IMO, no matter how basic/shallow it was.

September 6th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Funny story... I was at a friend's house and we had four people there in total. One of my friends mentioned POKeMON Snap and two more suddenly got the urge to play it. The host friend offered to buy it on Wii Shop, but another just said he has the original cartridge and he just needs a power pak or normal pak to play the game. I mentioned that I have a power pak in my old 64 so they all jumped on me to drive home and get it and take the friend with the game to his house to get it and come back. I told them that they needed to pay for gas, then, and they were fine with it. So... we get my console, his game, and McDonald's (only drive thru that was open and we were hungry. XD) and came back. we played through the whole game switching off who played in one night. XD

Simple to say, we all love the game. :P

September 17th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Pokemon Snap is a great game I miss playing it on the N64 =/

But it's all ok now i recently downloaded a N64 Emulator on am playing Pokemon Snap again. =)

the bitter end.
September 17th, 2008, 5:27 PM
It was okay, not awesome or anything, but it wasn't a bad game, unfortunately I sold my N64 and all the games I had for it but...

Charmanders Blaze
September 19th, 2008, 3:42 AM
Hey guys it blaze here im new!

This was the first pokemon game i thought was really really fun!

Taking the picture of mew used to always annoy me though lol!

September 20th, 2008, 8:49 AM
Out of all the console games this would definetely have to be one of my favorite games...I wonder where nintendo got the idea to make a game that has taking photographs as the main aspect?

Infernape Girl 17
September 28th, 2008, 8:34 AM
i think its the best 64 game in the WORLD and the people that hate it are silly

September 30th, 2008, 2:46 PM
I hadn't played it since it's release on the N64, then when I bought I Wii I immediately got it for the VC. My girlfriend and I beat it in one go. Took us 2 hours. XD Still pick it up every once in a while and take funny pictures. Definitely amusing.

s p a c e c o w b o y
September 30th, 2008, 2:58 PM
its true that its dated, but it dosent take away from the fun of it!

Lord Yawgmoth
September 30th, 2008, 6:51 PM
Pokemon Snap is an awesome game. =]
Although the gameplay is rather short...beat it in half an hour. =/
They should remake it! Imagine taking snapshots of Garchomp, or Dialga or something! It would be really impressive.

September 30th, 2008, 7:08 PM
Oh man that would be wicked! I would totally buy that!
And make it longer, too. Picture how cool that would be, maybe you could use the wiizapper to aim the camera?