• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you take pills?

Can you?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
By taking... I mean swallowing.

I can't. I have to get them crushed... which makes it taste worse but better than swallowing.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I can swallow pills if I have to...though I usually refrain from taking them altogether. I have done the crushing thing for awhile, but I eventually got over it. Swallowing is much easier on the senses...ugh.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
yeah I can, if the pills are smaller than say a cashew then I can usually take 2 at a time. however if it's the size of a pecan, then I have to at least break it in half and swallow a half at a time.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Yes I can swallow pills ;p,but sometimes when I have a dry throat it's hard to get them down.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
I've always had a hard time with swallowing pills. It doesn't matter what size they are either because I still can't swallow them. They always tell you that you aren't supposed to crush, chew or break them too.

I always have a hard time with just swallowing the medication for ADHD and the other medication for my anxiety. I still do because with my ADHD, it's better that I do take it instead of my ADHD taking full control over me. DX

I've always hated swallowing pills for Tylenol or a pain killer when my shoulder acts up on me. (Yes, I have serious mystery shoulder problems that no one can figure out why I do, besides it being a recurring thing due to a bad experience with a bully in middle school. DX)

I've always tried to refer taking something like Motrin liquid or same for Tylenol. I mean yeah, its for kids but it's better than gagging up a pill.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Yes, I can, maybe the size of a quarter, no. I can take pills any smaller than a quarter.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Haha, I thought I was the only one who couldn't swallow pills. Um, I'm scared of choking on them? ;;

I would not be sick for 5 days if I'd just take the pill. >_<;;

Years
I usually take my 6 or 7 pills at once. Yay. :D although 2 or3 are rly small. XD

Not without a drink, though. Without anything to drink, I can't even swallow a tiny one.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
I usually take my 6 or 7 pills at once.
*shudders*

When I was little and was forced to eat a food I didn't like, I'd just swallow it with some water or (preferrably) milk. Thus, I can swallow any size of pill considering I've been doing it since I was physically able to xD...it's mind over matter, people. The yoga people get it...

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
Years
Wow, it's kind of surprising so many people seem to have trouble!

Ever since I was a kid, I could dry-swallow even large pills or multiple ones at a time. I'm the only one in my house who can and I can't recall any time I've had a problem with them. I was sick a lot when I was younger, so it was definitely a good skill to have. And, honestly? I hate liquid medicines -- the taste lasts so much longer. If I need to take medicine, I'll always opt for pills if possible.

Pills are smaller than most bites of food people swallow, so I wonder how much is the texture of the pill and how much is psychological.

moments.

quixotic
Years
I can swallow them with water, but if they are really small, I can dry swallow them.
I don't know it is dry swallowing, you build up as much saliva as you can and swallow and it is easy..

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Surprisingly easily, as long my throat isn't dry.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Yup, I don't have too many problems taking pills. I just need a sip of water and I'm fine =P

Back