• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ear gages

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
Years
  • okay so I'm having issues on this and my damn parents. (sorry for my language but i will try to stay away from the curse words, uber pissed at my dad and kinda need to vent.)

Okay, well like my mom (my parents are divorced. I dont live with my mom but they have something with the court where they both have custidoy of us still.)

But okay, my mom don't care that i want to gage them to a size 2 ( not very big about the size of a eraser on a pencil.) and yeah she bought me the tappers and the damn ear rings for it and well today around 6:30 est. i put them in and then like 30mins later, i go down to get some damn kool-aid and my dad walks he in, hes like why did you do that your ear. I say "because I want too." My father gos " well you need to get that out of your ear before I rip it out for you!" I go "mom said I can" He gos "I dont care to what she says, when your 18 and dont live under my house and you want to damage your body fine." I go " your stupid you know that and i hope you know its not going to close now ( even thought that a lie it will close back after so long)" then i walk off wile he still yelling i really wasnt paying attenton to him and all i here really loud as im in the upstaris bathroom was him saying " you better be taking the damn Fbomb thing out of you god damn Fbomb ear!" by that time it was done out of my ear I said "fbomb off" and walked in my room and been sitting here thinking about this the hole time.

So let me know what you think i should do about this, and if i should be allowed to have gages and ECT....

Thanks.

Note:sorry for my spelling and everything im just like angery and like super like shacky cuz im so mad.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • had the same problem with my dad man....well ill let u in on a little secrete...if ur 16 or older and u already had ur ears pireced...u dont need permission to get them gauged.....so he really cant do anything (unless he actually rips them out) but if u arent 16 or older...then u need to really play on the whole "mom said i could" thing...thats really all u can do....if it gets really heated u can take it to court....but i doubt u want to make that much trouble...but technically since ur mom said it was ok your fine....

ShadowLeader

Years
  • well then man u should be good then....but check and make sure...some states have different laws...and if that dont work...ur 16?...then u get to pick who u want to lives with....that dont work..get a job and get emancipated....if that dont work then lay back and accept it...

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
  • Hey, if your dad ripped the rings from your ears, he can go to jail and you can have his house. But yeah, when you get 18, just focus on your carer, own your own business with good ideas. And possibly, you will become rich! You can leave him for good!

I don't understand why would your dad would say such things? It depends, if you take care of your ears and don't get ear infection, to prevent this, just apply alcohol ever morning and night on your ears everyday until they don't get sore anymore. But your dad acts like earrings would automatically damage anyone's body.

I have gold earrings with diamonds in them, right now I have studs, this summer, I will get hoops. But don't worry, most of us don't like our parent's rules until we leave the house. Like me for example, I dislike everyone in my family, they always argue against each other with poor opinions. When I get rich with my carer, I'm moving to the U.K. and they can all forget about me. I don't even want to tell them my true religion. I am agnostic, but when they find out the truth about that, they will say, "I not never getting you anything again, you worship the devil, you are going to burn in Hell when you die," and blah, blah, blah. I know how my family are. I don't live with my dad, but I could careless if my dad die on the street.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Hehehe. Well, you don't NEED both parent's permission to have your ears pierced. Just one. However it'd be prudent to go along with what your father says since you live with him. That's just how life is. In the mean time, you need to get your mom involved into the discussion, and do so peacefully and diplomatically. Talk to both of them, hear out your father's concerns about the ear gauges and then calmly state your reasons for wanting it. It is YOUR body after all, and parents have no right to dictate what you do with it UNLESS it involves your well being and health. (Then sadly, they have full control, and nothing you can do about that)

But do take time to cool off, and talk to them both together calmly about it. Tell them how much it means to you to have it. Chances are they'll bend a little and let you have them if they're conviced it's harmless and you want it.

I understand your father may be acting a little old fashioned by objecting to ear ornamentation, but you can lay it out to him plainly, with research from the internet, that men nowadays do indeed wear moderate to small earrings of certain styles. Among latino and african-american males this is most common from my observation. (I'm no expert but eh, at least I pay attention)

I'm 20, almost 21 years old, and I've considered getting an earring myself, but held off simply because of my father's concerns. He made some good points to me about having to keep up with my earring and all. Since I'm kinda forgetful, I decided against it. (Glad I did, I lost my class ring shortly after that occurred)

But you know, It really isn't bad. Yes, I know...it's not appropriate for most men to wear such jewelry in formal situations, wearing a stud or placeholder would be easily spotted by people.

If you do get the green light, be prepared to have some older folks look down on you a bit more. Some people are old-fashioned to a fault, and there are rare cases where such jewellry will cost you a job. So your father isnt 100% wrong in being against it, but he really isnt 100% right. x3

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
  • I 100% disagree on that, especially the ancient days when Pharaoh Egyptian wore them.

Jesus Christ that is the worst defense for gauges I've EVER heard. Did you know they also enslaved people and killed them for fun? Because the ancient Egyptian Pharaohs did that, it's ok to do that now, right?

Seriously. There's no point in gauges, they're ugly, and there is NO undoing it. Your ear will forever be scarred by it.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

Years
  • Seriously. There's no point in gauges, they're ugly, and there is NO undoing it. Your ear will forever be scarred by it.
    lol, it is your opinion. Earrings are popular in my location though. But to me it is like saying, "ahh, there is no point of wearing Air Force, they ugly." And I love Nike Air Forces and there popular in my location.

I am curious, what are ear gauges? Are there the same as studs?

ShadowLeader

Years
  • Jesus Christ that is the worst defense for gauges I've EVER heard. Did you know they also enslaved people and killed them for fun? Because the ancient Egyptian Pharaohs did that, it's ok to do that now, right?

Seriously. There's no point in gauges, they're ugly, and there is NO undoing it. Your ear will forever be scarred by it.

and yet the world goes round....the way i see it....it doesnt matter who says its wrong...ill wear a wife beater with my hair back showing MY tattos and gauges off even meeting the president....new age...new style...REBEL MY PEOPLE!!!

ear gauges are when u expand the hole in your ear....

Last edited:

Ziraider

Years
  • Hey, if your dad ripped the rings from your ears, he can go to jail and you can have his house. But yeah, when you get 18, just focus on your carer, own your own business with good ideas. And possibly, you will become rich! You can leave him for good!

I don't understand why would your dad would say such things? It depends, if you take care of your ears and don't get ear infection, to prevent this, just apply alcohol ever morning and night on your ears everyday until they don't get sore anymore. But your dad acts like earrings would automatically damage anyone's body.

I have gold earrings with diamonds in them, right now I have studs, this summer, I will get hoops. But don't worry, most of us don't like our parent's rules until we leave the house. Like me for example, I dislike everyone in my family, they always argue against each other with poor opinions. When I get rich with my carer, I'm moving to the U.K. and they can all forget about me. I don't even want to tell them my true religion. I am agnostic, but when they find out the truth about that, they will say, "I not never getting you anything again, you worship the devil, you are going to burn in Hell when you die," and blah, blah, blah. I know how my family are. I don't live with my dad, but I could careless if my dad die on the street.

Well. lol it better at my dads and yeah i wish he would have ripped it out cause i would def take him to court lol. I also hat my father. And srsly i have no idea why he hates it but i take care of my body every well. and well idc what anyone thinks you know i like to be me not the kins next to me.

lol, it is your opinion. Earrings are popular in my location though. But to me it is like saying, "ahh, there is no point of wearing Air Force, they ugly." And I love Nike Air Forces and there popular in my location.

and yet like i said i want to be my self. not anyone else, and yes alot of people have percings

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

Years
  • ear gauges are when u expand the hole in your ear....
    So that's what it is. I had my ears pierced though a machine. But the natural and original way is a professional that does the needling, no that scars me.

Well. lol it better at my dads and yeah i wish he would have ripped it out cause i would def take him to court lol. I also hat my father. And srsly i have no idea why he hates it but i take care of my body every well. and well idc what anyone thinks you know i like to be me not the kins next to me.
    lol, but don't let him ripped the rings from your ears though. Just wait patiently for you dreams and this mess will go by fast. Trust me.
    and yet like i said i want to be my self. not anyone else, and yes alot of people have percings
    qft.

Ziraider

Years
  • So that's what it is. I had my ears pierced though a machine. But the natural and original way is a professional that does the needling, no that scars me.

lol, but don't let him ripped the rings from your ears though. Just wait patiently for you dreams and this mess will go by fast. Trust me.

qft.

Hmm i did all mine my self it didnt hurt. like it was super easy,but put the tapper was omg lol it more bruned then hurt. i think cuz my hands were sweaty

i hope lol im 16 going to be 17 june 5 like ugh i cant believe im going to be 17 but like its so far away

WTF dose qft mean

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

Years
  • Hmm i did all mine my self it didnt hurt. like it was super easy,but put the tapper was omg lol it more bruned then hurt. i think cuz my hands were sweaty

i hope lol im 16 going to be 17 june 5 like ugh i cant believe im going to be 17 but like its so far away

WTF dose qft mean
    I got mine done from the mall from a professional, she was South East Asian! The pain level of my ears was 2/10, I didn't really felt anything either. This happen in June last year when I was sixteen. Did you know the younger you are, the less it will hurt? Once you get very older, your nerve cells will expand more to your ears, which will cause pain if you do it that time, probably age 40+.

I will turn 18 in September 29. I will find out what games are coming around that time.

qft = Quote For Truth.

Ziraider

Years
  • I got mine done from the mall from a professional, she was South East Asian! The pain level of my ears was 2/10, I didn't really felt anything either. This happen in June last year when I was sixteen. Did you know the younger you are, the less it will hurt? Once you get very older, your nerve cells will expand more to your ears, which will cause pain if you do it that time, probably age 40+.

I will turn 18 in September 29. I will find out what games are coming around that time.

qft = Quote For Truth.

Wow, see i did mine my self at like the age of 13-14 o.0 and wow lol lucky and hmm Qft im going to have to remember that...

But, grr srsly what is the bug deal with then there the size of an pencil eraser.

Back