• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ear gages

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    I think that depends on the customer/boss/whoever in question. Baggy pants would probably go down better than a suit and tie if the person wearing them was working at a skate shop or a record store.

Ok, I was talking about a professional job, where you've gone to law school or something. Not some job any joe schmo could get selling clothes to tools.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    Ok, I was talking about a professional job, where you've gone to law school or something. Not some job any joe schmo could get selling clothes to tools.

well, to settle this little thing before it gets out of hand, my friend has big gauges. mean big. And he always wares them. even to work. he is a criminal lawyer. he wares them in court everyday. but he also wares a suit. so there. fight over.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    All you can do is listen to you're father. You're not out of his house and, since you permanently live with him, you'll need to do as he says. Regardless of whether you think you're grown up enough, he obviously doesn't want you to have those gages (their fugly anyway. >.>) and the only thing you can do it listen to him.

Besides, it won't kill ya to wait.

And sorry if I sound a bit angry, but I hate it when kids act like they don't need their parents telling them what to do and then so blatantly disrespecting them (telling them to eff off isn't exactly respect). =/ Live with it.​

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I'd do the exact same thing if I was your father. Doesn't seem you thought it through very much. Gaging your ears is a huge turn off that will leave a bad impression on people. At any age this is very important to the windows of opportunity available in your life.

Why'd you put "damn" in front of kool-aid lol? It just popped out of nowhere.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    As much as I hate to say it, you have to listen to him, but only for another year or so. If he does go completely postal and rip them out of your ears, however; you can definately get him in prison for that and live with your mom. Or he may just mellow out of it, although judging by his initial reaction, that probably won't be the case. Personally, gauges are just like any other earrings, just a different style- it doesn't signify that you're a limb of satan or other such nonsense. Just keep on keeping on, and remember, you only have to live with him for another year.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Eh, its an unattractive concept but many guys bold enough to wear them are really cute(in my experiences). I would never do that to myself though. And there is a certain size thats not too big and not too small.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    Unfortunately, you have to live by his rules >_>

It's annoying, but you gotta do it. I've wanted to do plenty of things my parents wouldn't go for, and since I live in my mom's house under her rules, I have to follow them. Sorry.

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    Well honestly if your sitting there calling gauges ugly then i can make a statement of my own

Regular piercings such as the huge diamonds are absolutely stupid
    You cant say if its un-professional because you dont know what kind of job hes looking for, hell if he wants to work at a store such as Hottopic, the gauges would fit in just fine
    Not all high paying jobs require looking top shape in suits and ties

I just checked the average salary of people who work at Hot Topic. They get 4000 more USD than Firefighters annually. O= And ear Gauges are perfect for working there. You get to wear your regular clothes, instead of a suit and tie or in this case a firesuit. It's perfect. :P

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Probably not the answer you were hoping for, but I have to side with your father. When you're not living on your own, you're a permanent guest at whose house you're staying at, and that means if they're annoyed by something you do, you stop doing it. In other words: his house, his rules; if you don't like it, try living on your own for a month and see if it's worth it. I didn't make it past the weekend, myself.

I just checked the average salary of people who work at Hot Topic. They get 4000 more USD than Firefighters annually. O= And ear Gauges are perfect for working there. You get to wear your regular clothes, instead of a suit and tie or in this case a firesuit. It's perfect. :P
    That... makes me very, very sad. Those guys put their lives on the line to help others, and they still make next to nothing.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I think that if your dad disagrees with that, and you're not even 18 yet, you should listen to him. Seriously though.. Not to sound like a nag either, but even though your mom said yes, you can't just listen to one parent and not the other... that's just choosing your ideal outcome.

Just wait a while. It's not like you're gonna die or anything.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    well, to settle this little thing before it gets out of hand, my friend has big gauges. mean big. And he always wares them. even to work. he is a criminal lawyer. he wares them in court everyday. but he also wares a suit. so there. fight over.
    That's really believable.

I don't see any judge taking a lawyer with huge holes in his ear serious, it just wouldn't happen. I also don't see anyone, criminal or not, choosing an attorney that looks like that to defend them.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I say you should live with your mom. That kind of personality your dad makes you feel more uncomfortable living with him. Unless you started the argument, well that's a different story.

Do "gages" mean holes on your ears?

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    That's really believable.

I don't see any judge taking a lawyer with huge holes in his ear serious, it just wouldn't happen. I also don't see anyone, criminal or not, choosing an attorney that looks like that to defend them.

he only lost two cases in his career (both mine) but yes in a sense you are right because most firms would't hire him before because of the gauges. However, all those firms would kill to have him now. He went solo and now makes more money per case than he would have if he worked for a firm. So yes gauges can be a hindrance, but they really dont matter as long as you work hard for what you want..

Back