• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ear gages

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    Wow, see i did mine my self at like the age of 13-14 o.0 and wow lol lucky and hmm Qft im going to have to remember that...

But, grr srsly what is the bug deal with then there the size of an pencil eraser.

no big deal....parents just cant accept the way the world changes...they want to live in the past. gotta deal with it

I got mine done from the mall from a professional, she was South East Asian! The pain level of my ears was 2/10, I didn't really felt anything either. This happen in June last year when I was sixteen. Did you know the younger you are, the less it will hurt? Once you get very older, your nerve cells will expand more to your ears, which will cause pain if you do it that time, probably age 40+.

I just got mine done christmas eve last year....and i didnt even feel it....but my tattoo...woo boy now that hurt!

Last edited:

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    okay so I'm having issues on this and my damn parents. (sorry for my language but i will try to stay away from the curse words, uber pissed at my dad and kinda need to vent.)

Okay, well like my mom (my parents are divorced. I dont live with my mom but they have something with the court where they both have custidoy of us still.)

But okay, my mom don't care that i want to gage them to a size 2 ( not very big about the size of a eraser on a pencil.) and yeah she bought me the tappers and the damn ear rings for it and well today around 6:30 est. i put them in and then like 30mins later, i go down to get some damn kool-aid and my dad walks he in, hes like why did you do that your ear. I say "because I want too." My father gos " well you need to get that out of your ear before I rip it out for you!" I go "mom said I can" He gos "I dont care to what she says, when your 18 and dont live under my house and you want to damage your body fine." I go " your stupid you know that and i hope you know its not going to close now ( even thought that a lie it will close back after so long)" then i walk off wile he still yelling i really wasnt paying attenton to him and all i here really loud as im in the upstaris bathroom was him saying " you better be taking the damn Fbomb thing out of you god damn Fbomb ear!" by that time it was done out of my ear I said "fbomb off" and walked in my room and been sitting here thinking about this the hole time.

So let me know what you think i should do about this, and if i should be allowed to have gages and ECT....

Thanks.

Note:sorry for my spelling and everything im just like angery and like super like shacky cuz im so mad.
    Okay first of all, you should listen to your dad (no matter how stupid it is). It's his house, his rules. Oh, and cussing in his face isn't going to do **** in this situation; you're just making it worst for yourself.
    If you live with your dad, you go by his rules.
    Sorry, but that is just how it is.
    Exactly.
    Gauges are ugly and I think you should listen to your dad :)
    Agreed.
    see im 16 and im about to be 17 in june...... its like wtf
    When you're eighteen you can do what you want. In the mean time, listen to your dad.
    Hey, if your dad ripped the rings from your ears, he can go to jail and you can have his house. But yeah, when you get 18, just focus on your carer, own your own business with good ideas. And possibly, you will become rich! You can leave him for good!

I don't understand why would your dad would say such things? It depends, if you take care of your ears and don't get ear infection, to prevent this, just apply alcohol ever morning and night on your ears everyday until they don't get sore anymore. But your dad acts like earrings would automatically damage anyone's body.

I have gold earrings with diamonds in them, right now I have studs, this summer, I will get hoops. But don't worry, most of us don't like our parent's rules until we leave the house. Like me for example, I dislike everyone in my family, they always argue against each other with poor opinions. When I get rich with my carer, I'm moving to the U.K. and they can all forget about me. I don't even want to tell them my true religion. I am agnostic, but when they find out the truth about that, they will say, "I not never getting you anything again, you worship the devil, you are going to burn in Hell when you die," and blah, blah, blah. I know how my family are. I don't live with my dad, but I could careless if my dad die on the street.
    Lol at this post. First of all, even if your dad ripped out your earings (...), he'll go to jail, but you won't get his house; You'll just leave with your mom in the mean time.

No. I can tell that his dad want the earings out because their not only ugly, but stupid.

"When I get rich with my career, I'm moving to the U.K." Okay there mister. Come back to me in ten years and tell me if your rich or not.

... I think you'll care if your dad dies on the street
    I 100% disagree on that, especially the ancient days when the Pharaoh Egyptians wore jewelery.
    Seriously? Your going to use this in an arguement.
    Wow, see i did mine my self at like the age of 13-14 o.0 and wow lol lucky and hmm Qft im going to have to remember that...

But, grr srsly what is the bug deal with then there the size of an pencil eraser.
    Hmm... Maybe because it's big and noticeable?

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    Okay first of all, you should listen to your dad (no matter how stupid it is). It's his house, his rules. Oh, and cussing in his face isn't going to do **** in this situation; you're just making it worst for yourself.

Exactly.

Agreed.

When you're eighteen you can do what you want. In the mean time, listen to your dad.

Lol at this post. First of all, even if your dad ripped out your earings (...), he'll go to jail, but you won't get his house; You'll just leave with your mom in the mean time.

No. I can tell that his dad want the earings out because their not only ugly, but stupid.

"When I get rich with my career, I'm moving to the U.K." Okay there mister. Come back to me in ten years and tell me if your rich or not.

... I think you'll care if your dad dies on the street

Seriously? Your going to use this in an arguement.

Hmm... Maybe because it's big and noticeable?

how come you didnt quote me? im a little offended. and they r stupid in his opinion. not in mine.

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
    Years
    The little ones are ok; but the the huge noticeable ones are horrid in my opinion. :\
    I plan in the small ones :D size to or a zero, i rather have a 2 but, and size 2s are an eraser on a pencil not any bigger then that. But if your talking like 2 1/2 in yeah thats ugly.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Everyone who's saying "Ew, they're ugly" - that's called an opinion. Don't claim that its a fact.

Anyway, Ziraider, the best advice I can give is to talk calmly with your dad, try to explain to him that you feel that you're mature enough to make this decision and that just because things are different nowadays, it doesn't mean that they're worse. If he refuses to listen and keeps dropping the F-bomb when you're being calm, by all means ignore him and yell straight back. But if you just try to keep a cool head and talk calmly, you might get somewhere.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    Everyone who's saying "Ew, they're ugly" - that's called an opinion. Don't claim that its a fact.

Anyway, Ziraider, the best advice I can give is to talk calmly with your dad, try to explain to him that you feel that you're mature enough to make this decision and that just because things are different nowadays, it doesn't mean that they're worse. If he refuses to listen and keeps dropping the F-bomb when you're being calm, by all means ignore him and yell straight back. But if you just try to keep a cool head and talk calmly, you might get somewhere.

Ok, they're VERY unprofessional. Now THAT'S a fact.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Well it depends on how conservative the potential employer/boss is. Some people would say any gauge is unprofessional. However I think that as a society we are taking leaps and bounds as far as accepting body ornamentation as acceptable in formal/professional situations. I personally don't think that a gauge is a bad thing, If you feel that you want it, then get it. However, you should pause and think before making any permanent modification to your body. Think about it and ask yourself, "Will I not regret this 10 years from now?". Don't lie to yourself either. If you're a fickle person who is only getting the gauge because it's trendy and popular now, then STOP and don't get it done. Fashion and fads have the shelf-life of potato salad.

But if you feel that the gauge says something about you, which will not change over time, then it's perfectly fine.

In essence:
    DO: Think long, and hard before getting piercings and tattoos
    DON'T: Assume you'll never regret getting it. Trust me, you will regret it later if you rush into this decision.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    Unprofessional? Maybe if they're those massive ones, but he's already said its small :\

Ok, if you take two people with the same qualifications, schooling, skills, and personality, and put them in an interview with a mortgage company, the one without holes in his ears, no matter how small, will get picked. If you take those two same people 5 years down the line, and the one with gauges took them out a while ago and let it "close up," the other will still get picked.

My point is, it's very unprofessional, and if you want a high-paying job, you'll have regretted your "rebelness."

Years
    Pachy said:
    Well it depends on how conservative the potential employer/boss is. Some people would say any gauge is unprofessional. However I think that as a society we are taking leaps and bounds as far as accepting body ornamentation as acceptable in formal/professional situations. I personally don't think that a gauge is a bad thing, If you feel that you want it, then get it. However, you should pause and think before making any permanent modification to your body. Think about it and ask yourself, "Will I not regret this 10 years from now?". Don't lie to yourself either. If you're a fickle person who is only getting the gauge because it's trendy and popular now, then STOP and don't get it done. Fashion and fads have the shelf-life of potato salad.

But if you feel that the gauge says something about you, which will not change over time, then it's perfectly fine.

In essence:
    DO: Think long, and hard before getting piercings and tattoos
    DON'T: Assume you'll never regret getting it. Trust me, you will regret it later if you rush into this decision.

Penguin13 said:
    Ok, if you take two people with the same qualifications, schooling, skills, and personality, and put them in an interview with a mortgage company, the one without holes in his ears, no matter how small, will get picked. If you take those two same people 5 years down the line, and the one with gauges took them out a while ago and let it "close up," the other will still get picked.

My point is, it's very unprofessional, and if you want a high-paying job, you'll have regretted your "rebelness."

did you read the post above yours? Besides, being "professional" is in your attitude, not your appearance.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Wrong. Being professional is more than just an attitude. it is in your appearance as well. However some people will judge a man by looking at him once without even bothering to discern his attitude toward life and the situations at hand.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Well, for one, if your dad said no first, then you need to listen to him. Besides he'd probably be more upset that you asked your mom right after he said you couldn't. I used to do that and that's a sure-fire way to get your dad upset with you.

Second, you do realize that your ears will forever be floppy and disgusting if you continue to stretch them? I don't know the sizes of them, but personal experience here. I went in for my job interview and there was another guy, about 17 or 18, and he was wanting it also. He had those gauge things, but he wasn't wearing them at the time, so all you saw was his ears stretched out. The lady sorta just looked at him like, "Really? You're trying to apply at a professional company with ears like that?" I ended up getting the job, but if you're looking to be in a professional field when you grow up and not just working at Hot Topic for the rest of your life, it'd probably be smarter to keep them how they are or just taking them out. XD;

Years
    Wrong. Being professional is more than just an attitude. it is in your appearance as well. However some people will judge a man by looking at him once without even bothering to discern his attitude toward life and the situations at hand.

I don't see why wearing baggy jeans instead of suit trousers would make you work less hard. Plus, the judgement is a moral wrong on the behalf of the judger, not the person being judged :\ but this is going off-topic, so let's get back to the ear gages :D

The bottom line is, talk with him. In the end, you have to live with your dad, so you have to think about what consequences this is going to have on your relationship. Plus, if you put off getting gages for a couple of years, it gives you plenty of time to decide if you really want them.

Hope I helped (b'v')b

DrawnVigilance

7861 Blackthorne
    Years
    Well honestly if your sitting there calling gauges ugly then i can make a statement of my own

Regular piercings such as the huge diamonds are absolutely stupid
    You cant say if its un-professional because you dont know what kind of job hes looking for, hell if he wants to work at a store such as Hottopic, the gauges would fit in just fine
    Not all high paying jobs require looking top shape in suits and ties

heart bby

``destroyer}}.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Argh. I don't really understand why parents have issues with piercings/gauges. My mom never really cared? So I was able to get my lip done (as long as I paid for it and all that), but I really don't get why some parents care so much. I mean, yes, I understand the whole "it'll be harder to get a job" factor, but usually kids that dig piercings wouldn't want to work somewhere that would care? Like, I'm getting a job as a barista soon'ish? And they don't really care at all.
    idk, it bothers me...

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    I 100% disagree on that, especially the ancient days when the Pharaoh Egyptians wore jewelery.

Are you serious? That's your argument? Good grief. And he's RIGHT, by the way. Job much? At mine earrings on boys/men is an uber no-no. Earrings on men aren't BAD, persay, but they are informal. Think of it like wearing a hat backwards, or something. How about wearing your pants at your knees? Informal stuff. Not BAD, but not good.

I don't see why wearing baggy jeans instead of suit trousers would make you work less hard. Plus, the judgement is a moral wrong on the behalf of the judger, not the person being judged :\ Hope I helped (b'v')b

They don't make you work less hard, but they portray a negative message to the customer / boss / whoever. Yes, judging people like that is wrong, but EVERYONE will do it without even thinking. Immediately a guy with baggy pants tells people that he doesn't really care, is a "rebel" or might hurt them. Illogical conclusions, but conclusions nonetheless. Baggy pants, etc, aren't BAD, but they give a negative attitude.

Last edited:

Years
    They don't make you work less hard, but they portray a negative message to the customer / boss / whoever. Yes, judging people like that is wrong, but EVERYONE will do it without even thinking. Immediately a guy with baggy pants tells people that he doesn't really care, is a "rebel" or might hurt them. Illogical conclusions, but conclusions nonetheless. Baggy pants, etc, aren't BAD, but they give a negative attitude.

I think that depends on the customer/boss/whoever in question. Baggy pants would probably go down better than a suit and tie if the person wearing them was working at a skate shop or a record store.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    Are you serious? That's your argument? Good grief. And he's RIGHT, by the way. Job much? At mine earrings on boys/men is an uber no-no. Earrings on men aren't BAD, persay, but they are informal. Think of it like wearing a hat backwards, or something. How about wearing your pants at your knees? Informal stuff. Not BAD, but not good.
    What does wearing hats backwards and pants down to your knees has any freaking thing to do with earrings or the thread?

Hey everyone, lets get back on topic, I don't see how baggy jeans has anything to do with earrings. By the way about the Egyptian thing, I was talking about the history of men have wore earrings, but some people act like men just now started this crap. And not every single job won't let you wear earrings, also, some jobs do limit your size as well.
    I Laugh at your Misfortune! is right, it depends on the boss.

@Pachy: Everyone can change the way they are in the future, just think about it.

EDIT: I got to leave this thread before I get in trouble, I just hate it when people get against me at something so small. I already know something will get worst, I better leave. I least the 1st page for me was OWNAGE! But peace everyone.

Last edited:
    Back