• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mac or PC? Which do you prefer?

Mac or PC

• Mac

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • PC

Votes: 30 61.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

~Assassin~

Traitors to the Creed must die
Years
  • I'm just wondering who likes a PC or Mac.
    Theres also a poll so you can vote.

Which do you like and why

I like the PC because Macs are difficult to use and they have bad taskbars

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • I'm just wondering who likes a PC or Mac.
    Theres also a poll so you can vote.

Which do you like and why

I like the PC because Macs are difficult to use and they have bad taskbars

I prefer neither(OS wise), because I prefer one that runs on an obscure ARM powered system.

Hardware wise I like them both...as to whether the Mac is PPC or x86 based it doesn't matter, as I can run Ubuntu on them! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Funny how I should stumble upon this thread after posting this on Twitter:

2rneicw.jpg

With that said, aside from my picture, username, and all that, I think its rather clear what system I prefer.

This is bound to turn into a Mac OS X vs Windows debate, though. That's what most threads like these end up becoming. What a shame, too.

But... lol. I've never ever seen someone say that a Mac was difficult to use. Most of the people I talk to think that the Mac is TOO easy to use and just holds your hand along the way. That is, people who prefer PCs.

Zet

Years
  • With windows people find it easier doing basics things like opening up a notepad and well let's face it, people aren't getting any smarter these days so they'll just use whatever the school/their friends use so they don't have to learn how to use something new.

And I'm more of a gamer so I'm siding with Windows until Mac is more gamer compatible... or until a piece of software to play games on a Mac is free.... one that is good

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    PC? Both companies make PCs, clearly you don't know that it stands for 'personal computer' and not 'Microsoft computer'.
    Silly Macintosh advert campaign...

That said: I prefer Windows for the sake of compatability, and it works for me, so as they say — why fix what isn't broken. A Macintosh may well be better in terms of stability and the like (yet still, I'm indifferent to crashes and things), but not for my needs/wants/stuff — namely gaming and being able to drag most anything off the Internet and expect it to run.

Years
  • I grew up using Macs, as my parents thought they were better for photography, so I really don't like Windows all that much. All of the Windows laptops I or my family has ever owned have all gone haywire because of some dumb virus. Also, Windows loads up too slowly for my taste.

I guess I'm just a Mac person. =]

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I won't get into details, I'm a Mac user and neva eva going back to Windows

Mumei

Pokédork
    Years
  • Personally I prefer Windows. I just can't get used to the whole "program doesn't close when you hit the red button" thing, so I always have way too many programs open at a time and it totally fails.
    Also, Macs don't have IE (which I hate but need for web design because way too many people use IE for me to be unable to test on it).

I can use either, really. Also starting to use Linux. My inner computer geek says it's awesome, but it's also extremely confusing =3

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    PC? Both companies make PCs.
    PC in today's modern use generally means "IBM Compatible". It means you can put any PC software on the machine and it will run without any additional layers of emulation or hardware modification. So by this definition, no, they aren't PCs ~ they're x86 Macs.. They aren't IBM Compatible because they don't have a BIOS, amongst other things; so you can't just install..Windows 95 straight on a Mac out of the box; because certain BIOS emulation has to be performed by the EFI. By the same logic, the Xbox is PC because it's based primarily on x86 off the shelf components. However the machine is not IBM Compatible ~ you can't just install Windows on it from a CD without modifcation; so therefore it's not a PC despite it's remarkable similarity.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • I use a MacBook Pro, so if I'm forced to vote I guess I'd have to vote Mac. Course, both of them have their pros and cons. Because I do a fair amount of gaming, I actually partitioned my hard drive so I have both Mac OS X and Windows operating systems on here. Best of both worlds on one laptop. ;>

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I prefer PC, my dad ruined my Mac experience he won't let me use a regular mouse, every time I want to use his Mac he forces me to use one of those one click mouse.

I also don't like the window on Mac, the exit, minimize etc... options are round not square and they're on the other side it confuses me. The only thing I like about the Mac is the Trash Can.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Has anyone ever heard of Boot Camp? 8|

"being more compatible" and "better gaming" are poor reasons due to the fact that Macs can now do that too. Regardless of what the operating system being used is...

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • I can use either, really. Also starting to use Linux. My inner computer geek says it's awesome, but it's also extremely confusing =3

Really? I don't find you have to be a geek to use it...well Ubuntu anyway.

All you do is follow the simple install wizard, which includes selecting it to install along side you existing OS, then once up and running go straight into the package manager and install the Gstreamer codecs, next install dvdcss for playing encrypted DVD's, and finally the w32codecs package for playing Real/Windows Media Formats/Quicktime, then your done! Simple.

Later on to install a program all you do is open the package manager, search for it, click to install, done.

Zet

Years
  • I grew up using Macs, as my parents thought they were better for photography, so I really don't like Windows all that much. All of the Windows laptops I or my family has ever owned have all gone haywire because of some dumb virus. Also, Windows loads up too slowly for my taste.

I guess I'm just a Mac person. =]
    You and your parentals must have been pretty stupid to get a virus when using Windows. Less pr0n/warez/limewire = less viruses :D

Has anyone ever heard of Boot Camp? 8|

"being more compatible" and "better gaming" are poor reasons due to the fact that Macs can now do that too. Regardless of what the operating system being used is...
    And that costs money some people just don't have, it's easier just to buy the Mac OS software and install it as a dual boot on your current Windows machine :3

Honestly why bother buying boot camp and then buying Windows when you can get the mac for less than $200

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • PC. Specifically, a PC with Windows/some kind of Linux dual-booting.
    And that costs money some people just don't have, it's easier just to buy the Mac OS software and install it as a dual boot on your current Windows machine :3
    Because it's illegal in many jurisdictions (at least in the US).

Years
  • well, i have always fantasised about having a Mac, and i really would enjoy having one. only problem is, they are expensive, and i dont know if i would know how to use them O= ive been a PC user all my life...well, since i dont have both. i can not compare. sorry =/

Back