• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mac or PC? Which do you prefer?

Mac or PC

• Mac

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • PC

Votes: 30 61.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    PC obviously, it's something I've grown up with and the Mac interface is very unappealing.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Plus the no-viruses on a Mac is good
    There are plenty of Mac viruses. It's just that there are probably thousands of times more Windows ones.

I find it most curious that Mac users are generally along the lines of "Oh, I prefer Mac. Nothing against PC's, of course; but Mac deals with my needs better". Compared to Windows users whom are typically "LOL WINDOZ FOR THE WIN MAX SUUUUXXXX". Why the hate and animosity? Is it like homophobia, where you are seekritly wish you were Mac users?
    It's better than half of the Mac owners I know IRL (and there are a lot of them here on campus). They're pompous, elitist pricks; acting as though owning a Mac somehow makes them better people. Anyone that acts like that makes me sick. I will admit that there are a lot of Mac owners who are perfectly nice people, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    macs are fail back in 2002 I had a 1996 mac laptop and a 1996 Compaq i believe it was the mac died in 2 months while the compaq stayed running just fine

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    macs are fail back in 2002 I had a 1996 mac laptop and a 1996 Compaq i believe it was the mac died in 2 months while the compaq stayed running just fine
    Even I won't judge a company based on its computers 15 years ago. Come on, be reasonable.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    Considering I have every Windows "system" in my house from 95 onwards, I would have to say I am a "PC" or "Windows" user. My Sony Vegas runs on windows. so do half of my other things. I have 3 macs laying around, not in use, I should probably just throw them away. The keyboards and mouse's suck. :/

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I likey myself some Macintosh. I use it for what it's known for: media & arts. So shut up.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    In the battle between Mac and Windows, Windows > Mac. Simple, it is the more popular system, and has more hardware and upgrades than a Mac. The fact that it get's more viruses than a Mac is because Macs are less popular and take up less of the computer market, and that means less profit for the hacker. Also in terms of prices, the Mac is ridiculously high, since it is aesthitcly pleasing but in terms of hardware it is pretty much junk, while Windows is much more of a bargain. Also operating system: Windows, why? Because it has more features and more software than a Mac. A Mac is pretty much meant for art designs and movie editting on other software, and it also has much less features, resulting in of course, greater speeds (big surprise there). So overall, Windows is much better, a Mac has it's place in specific things, but Windows is more generalized, making it much more efficient at more tasks than a Mac. Edit/Delete Message
    Really? I don't find you have to be a geek to use it...well Ubuntu anyway.

All you do is follow the simple install wizard, which includes selecting it to install along side you existing OS, then once up and running go straight into the package manager and install the Gstreamer codecs, next install dvdcss for playing encrypted DVD's, and finally the w32codecs package for playing Real/Windows Media Formats/Quicktime, then your done! Simple.

Later on to install a program all you do is open the package manager, search for it, click to install, done.

Actually that isn't always the deal, sometimes with linux you have to mess around just to get something simple to work.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    No, you're not.

I find it most curious that Mac users are generally along the lines of "Oh, I prefer Mac. Nothing against PC's, of course; but Mac deals with my needs better". Compared to Windows users whom are typically "LOL WINDOZ FOR THE WIN MAX SUUUUXXXX". Why the hate and animosity? Is it like homophobia, where you are seekritly wish you were Mac users?
    Wow yeah why don't you generalize against a quite large group of people and prove once again that Mac users are obnoxious. And rofl at the homophobia reference. Don't even dip into territory you can't compete in.

I find it hilarious actually that not only Mac users but Mac commercials as well just spread hate about Windows without any real reason other than "PC has problems. Vista doesn't work." ...none of which are substancial on their own.

That being said I prefer PC due to its ease of use-- can someone honestly tell me why Ctrl + Click is better than Right Click? But anyway I'm sure I'd love Mac if it were easier and more efficient to use.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010

Wow yeah why don't you generalize against a quite large group of people and prove once again that Mac users are obnoxious.
    I don't own a Mac. I'm not a Mac user.

And rofl at the homophobia reference. Don't even dip into territory you can't compete in.
    I'm Gay. How exactly does this make me "not able to compete in" discussing homophobia?

That being said I prefer PC due to its ease of use-- can someone honestly tell me why Ctrl + Click is better than Right Click? But anyway I'm sure I'd love Mac if it were easier and more efficient to use
    Macs have right-click. Maybe you should update your knowledge before..oh, how did you put it: "dipping into territory you can't compete in"?

Nice try with the trolling, though. I'll score you 4/10; due to lack of original content.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    I have a Mac, because I can afford it, betches! >:3

I've used Windows for most of my life, and I still love my Mac. It was different at first, since I was not used to it at all, but it didn't take long before I got used to it. I think it works so much better than my old Windows XP, which was really dumb because it couldn't even read most of the CDs I put into it.

I've never had any many problems that I couldn't deal with on my Mac. I also find it rather easy to use, and don't really understand why people don't like them that much. Just because they are different, doesn't make them bad.

I'm sure everyone has their reasons for thinking the way they do, so I won't try to argue with people. There is no such thing as a perfect computer, after all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Wow yeah why don't you generalize against a quite large group of people and prove once again that Mac users are obnoxious. And rofl at the homophobia reference. Don't even dip into territory you can't compete in.

I find it hilarious actually that not only Mac users but Mac commercials as well just spread hate about Windows without any real reason other than "PC has problems. Vista doesn't work." ...none of which are substancial on their own.

That being said I prefer PC due to its ease of use-- can someone honestly tell me why Ctrl + Click is better than Right Click? But anyway I'm sure I'd love Mac if it were easier and more efficient to use.
    Wow yeah why don't you generalize and prove her/his observation that Windows users are obnoxious.
    Not that I agree with either side, people have their preferences, and I prefer Mac.

Mac is pretty over-simplified, in my mind. (To right click you can also hold the mouse down for approximately two seconds, as well as ctrl + click.) There are a lot of useful default programs, in addition to nice conveniences like fast boot-ups and easy troubleshoots. As for your Windows needs, there are plenty of emulators out there that can get the job done. Yes, many Mac users are smug or are convinced that Apple software is perfect as well as there are absurdly defensive Windows users. Yes, the company can be frustrating to deal with as can Microsoft. I'm a casual computer user, and I enjoy my Mac. It's a personal thing, not an arrogant faux-computer buff thing.

Years
    I've used Windows for most of my life, and I still love my Mac. It was different at first, since I was not used to it at all, but it didn't take long before I got used to it. I think it works so much better than my old Windows XP, which was really dumb because it couldn't even read most of the CDs I put into it.

That has more to do with the CD-Drive on the computer than the operating system. Really old CD-drives can't read newer CDs because the drives don't spin fast enough.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    I prefer my mac, mainly because I absolutely love the interface that it has and the OS in general. I might be biased growing up on mac's, however my main computer was a PC for a good four or five years. And too be honest, those years were quite possibly the most annoying I've had with a computer, we got hit by spyware hard twice, slowing the computer to a crawl, forcing clean installs both times. While during the life span of my iMac's, I've only had to clean install once, due my stupidity and overwritting the OS. Now while Window's is getting close to ease and simplicity of use with Windows 7, I've become more accustomed to my Mac.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I was forced to use a Mac for my CS lab last year and I really disliked it. I've always used Windows and some of the small differences really irked me, namely the one button mouse and using the apple key instead of the ctrl key for everything. I understand that they are small things I could probably get used to, but small things can add up to be really annoying.

I also found it really confusing to use, in general, and most things took me at least twice as long to do, although that is probably just because I'm used to using windows. Overall I prefer PCs.
    There was no reason they couldn't have used two-button mouse. If I was stuck Ctrl+Clicking, I'd be annoyed too.

Macs suck. You can build a PC for just as good if not better for the fraction of the price. The only reason to have a Mac is if you want to look like a rich snob.
    Hardware-wise yeah. But, I like the operating system itself :x

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I vote Mac since it makes me appear to be hip and trendy.

Back