• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are You A Pessimist, Realist or an Optimist?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Pessimist - Someone who looks at the glass as half empty and looks at the down side of things more often.

Realist - Someone who generally looks at things as they are and has a neutral opinion on things without being pessimistic nor optimistic.

Optimistic - Someone who looks at the glass as half full and looks at the brighter side of things more often.

Which do you feel you most vere twoards?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I am so pessimistic and I'm sure a lot of people know this.

Pokes Jake and our convo
    Pokes Went for stalking that convo

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • I'm one of the most optimistic people you will ever meet. Skype calls have proven that. We'd be talking about a subject that got everybody down in the dumps, and I'd find the silver lining that kept my mood up. I'm always looking to the brighter side of things. Sure, bad things are going to happen; but you have to take the good with the bad. So you know you always have something good to look forward to in the future.

.. Well, there is one subject I'm rather pessimistic about, but we won't delve into that here ^^;

Last edited:

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'm almost always optimistic. I look for the good side of things even if its less obvious than the bad stuff. Because that makes me feel happy.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I used to be an optimist, but now I think I'm mostly a realist.

Work seems to have done that to me.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • My position is similar to optimism, but lacking the short-sightedness. Things can usually work if we make them work.

Blind optimism or pessimism annoys me. If you're blindly optimistic, you're a fool. Things aren't always wonderful. Bad stuff happens. There are murders, rapes, assaults, robberies. There are bad people in the world, and they need to be stopped. The only way that we can stop bad things from happening is by taking action.

The position you described second (which is not realism) is something that should be blatantly obvious to anyone with half a brain. Things are never wholly wrong or wholly right.

If you're blindly pessimistic, my assumption is that you're apathetic. If you think everything's going to be wrong, you're not working to fix that, so of course it will. The only way mankind can save itself is by working together (I think that's a quote, but I don't remember who said it).

Edit: The terms realism and idealism have so many differing ideas associated with them that it's probably better not to use either. Let's go with that.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Pessimist. Everything is going to go wrong, everyone hates me, everywhere is dangerous. My happy go lucky attitude is all an act. ^_^

Years
  • I love being an optimist, you have a life ahead of you and so many prospects that will work in your favour, and I know for me I have a lot going that makes me feel so happy and always anticipating what the future will bring. Even in some sort of troublesome situation, I always stay hopeful.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    It really depends on the situation in my case. If something seems even the slightest bit hopeless, I'm usually pessimistic about it. =/ However, sometimes I can optimistic. I know that soon my anxiety will be over, but I also think that I'll never make it into college, and I know my grades aren't the best, so I probably won't pass 12th grade this year.

And that is how I incorporate all three into my life. . Just as an example. ^^​

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I am none of the 3. For I am Optimist Prime.
    Okay really now I am an Realist. I look at things bad I look at things good but I am always in the middle. Of course until a choice is made or such.

Giraffles <3

podɐʇǝɯ
    Years
  • Optimist, I always look on the bright side. I believe time spent worrying about all that can go wrong is time wasted :3.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I've always thought of myself as a pessimist, but I realized it all depends on the situation I'm in. I do look on the bright side a lot. <3

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I'm a pessimist because I always mess up when I try to look on the bright side.

Back