• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are You A Pessimist, Realist or an Optimist?

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I'm a realist that looks at things more pessimistic sometimes. But that's only because it's more realistic to look at things in a more pessimistic way.

I have my optimistic moments, but I find that everytime I do it doesn't turn out good... And that's why pessimism is much more realistic than optimism.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I'm not necessarily in agreement with your definition of a "realist," but the actual definition is how I would describe myself.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm pessimistic, with a small hint of realist in me. I don't think the worst case scenario out in my head, but I do become aware of many bad scenarios that might happen if I do a certain situation.

I should really stop being pessimistic; it causes me too much stress, which affects my health. >.<

And just to answer this age old question; it is half empty when the contents of the cup are being extracted from the cup. It is half full when the contents are being poured into the cup.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Optimist! nothin better!
    XD
    You won't see me with a sad face! XD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I lean more on the side of realist/pessimist.
    I look on the bad side of things a lot. But not always, sometimes I'm .. indifferent.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    well most of the time I'm indifferent, but I'm very optimistic too! I mean, I think that everyone can do anything if they really want and yes, maybe there isn't any real thing, but who knows?

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Both a pessimist and a realist. I look at things logically, and they usually turn out to seem pessimistic. XD;

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    Well, honestly? I'm not sure what I am...most likely something in between a realist, and a pessimist. Most people don't know themselves what they really are, in my opinion. It's better to ask those who are closer to the person in question. So, that's just a rough guess for me.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I'm a realist, to be honest. My personality has changed from being a persimist to a realist throughout my teen years.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Really depends on the situation, but I'm generally an optimist.

Now though I'm leaning more towards being a realist, but with a bit of optimism.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    It depends really, I guess you can consider me a realist or optimist. When I am down, i keep telling myself to look at the bright side and I made the change recently to always look at the positives no matter how few there are and move forward, it has gotten me through a lot of rough times.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    I'm a realist-optimist. I'll probably sound like the biggest narcissist ever, but I believe I am to intelligent to be totally optimistic;C If you seriously contemplate this life... This world, you will find alot of sadness and pain. But you can focus on the good, and keep it positive:D

But in my humble opinion excessive introspection='s a quick path to pessimism... Don't get lost in your head!

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    All three at the same time :D

Actually, it really depends on the situation - but for the majority of the time, I look at the glass as half empty (and I've had fights with people about this, nonetheless)

Last edited:

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I'm mostly a realist but occasionally I sway towards the depths of pessimism and other times sway towards optimism.
    But yeah mostly a realist

Rehab Doll

srs bzns
    Years
    I'm a realist, I'm optimistic every now and then (Especially if something really good happens) and I can't remember the last time I was genuinely pessimistic. I usually like to stay neutral about things.

Back