PDA

View Full Version : Should We get a an RPG System for PC

Latioscatcher
October 10th, 2004, 06:25 PM
It would be kool though should we get it? heres the link http://rpginferno.gzevolution.net

Geometric-sama
October 10th, 2004, 07:46 PM
What would we do in it though? We already have a heap of roleplays on PC.

Shiney
October 10th, 2004, 08:16 PM
That's more of a RPG than RP, as in a game, with technical rules, calculated things, ect.

(At least I think so, based on other forum rp-games, I didn't check the link in-depth yet)

Kagato
October 10th, 2004, 08:19 PM
I think that would be a really good idea. I think it would really good addition to the forum.

Brittany
October 10th, 2004, 08:20 PM
That's more of a RPG than RP, as in a game, with technical rules, calculated things, ect.

(At least I think so, based on other forum rp-games, I didn't check the link in-depth yet)
I think you're right.
I'm not sure about using it for PC though. It's a nice thought.

Imakuni?
October 11th, 2004, 03:14 AM
i thik this would ruin pokecommunity. so i vote no.

Arcanine
October 11th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Well in some ways I think it could be fun and also could be bad. Kind of like the RPG V-Road had on his forums, and I think it could be done to where you see the RPG stuff on a set layout (like a new layout could be made to see the HP the Pokemon and all that other stuff) so the ones that don't play the RPG don't have to go around seeing all the RPG stuff.
But we also have who knows how many RPGs on PC. We have two RPG forums and tons of RPGs in both forums. So having this large PRG thing for PC might kill all them other RPs. PC has this main RPG who would want to play the others much any more?

ravenstorture
October 11th, 2004, 12:02 PM
I like the idea. I have been thinking about what if PC got one for some time know, just haven't had the guts to come out and say the idea. I vote yes.

Kairi
October 11th, 2004, 12:16 PM
That’s a serious installation though, it’d take Kwesi or Steve. Keep that in mind.
That said though, we’re a pretty big board and not so tightly woven as to have this in the fabric of the board itself. =\

Imakuni?
October 11th, 2004, 12:20 PM
i think this would be completly idiotic. i would probably leave pc if this took over. sorry but i had to come out of my hole and say it.

ravenstorture
October 11th, 2004, 12:33 PM
You would leave PC over a board RPG?! I don't know the reason behind that, but you must have a passion for hating rpgs...

Imakuni?
October 11th, 2004, 12:45 PM
i think it clutters the BB. it just defeats the purpose, i could see an irc rpg but not like this. it takes away from the disscussion (the only real reasom im still here)

Star6
October 11th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Being a big D&D fan I would love a RPG because it would be pretty cool. I would say go for it

ravenstorture
October 11th, 2004, 12:53 PM
I have been to and still go to some message boards with an RP like this and it hasn't lowered the amount of members, but made new ones and grown because of it. I only see it as a good thing for the board.

deathbyalice
October 11th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Yeah, that would be great!

Imakuni?
October 11th, 2004, 12:55 PM
i think this looks like something people do to try to get members, i mean, i think its very bad idea. i mean, how many people would actually use it? well... i think this is stupid, but dont let me stop you all.

Brittany
October 11th, 2004, 01:17 PM
i think this looks like something people do to try to get members, i mean, i think its very bad idea. i mean, how many people would actually use it? well... i think this is stupid, but dont let me stop you all.
I disagree totally. It could bring another great element to PC. It wouldn't really be used to attract members, but moreof, to give the members of PC another thing to do.

You would actually leave over this? That's kinda selfish and close-minded, but I guess we all have the right to do as we please...

Imakuni?
October 11th, 2004, 01:42 PM
i didnt say not to. i just think its very annoying.

Geometric-sama
October 11th, 2004, 04:52 PM
If we must have something like that, would you be able to restrict it to just a subforum or something?

Latioscatcher
October 11th, 2004, 05:02 PM
I dont know Jedia Amara not i want it cuz itkool and stuff

Flygon trainer
October 11th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I don't like it much. As an expert RPer myself, I don't think any changes should be made. I like it as it is...

~Ozy~
October 11th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Nah, I like the RP boards as they are. To me, nothing's better than a good old-fashioned RP. Doing this would take away what I love about online RPing. So, please, pease, PLEASE keep it away from my precious RP's. *runs off and hides them*

In all seriousness, doing things this way was what attracted me to RPing online. I was trained using our system, I achieved my current degree of mastery this way, I want to improve my skills this way. And honestly, I'm seeing a bit of a trend. The people who are the hardcore RP'ers on here seem to be against it. Those that don't RP so much seem to be for it. Just a side note there...

Flygon trainer
October 11th, 2004, 05:57 PM
*helps adamant hide the RPs* they must not touch our precous RPs!

Haruka
October 11th, 2004, 06:28 PM
RPG is not a very good idea because all hacks get erased after vB gets updated. ~_~

AdamHays
October 11th, 2004, 06:31 PM
I don't like it much. As an expert RPer myself, I don't think any changes should be made. I like it as it is...
Im with Flygon Trainer.I like PC the way it is.

Imakuni?
October 13th, 2004, 03:08 PM
honestly, i think this might take away from the charm of pokecommunity.
i mean does anyone want pc to endup like this?

Latioscatcher
October 13th, 2004, 03:34 PM
IMAKUNI THATS HECKA RONG DUMMY I know wat it looks like one for ipb and one for Vb

AZSupraT
October 13th, 2004, 03:38 PM
At our(VR) old forums before we joined PC We used somthing like this, but we had a heavily custom modified version ready to come out right before we joined pc. It included a Pokemon center, multiple pokemon, a 'little' battling system, and a few more other nice things ;) But I joined PC before we could open that up. Im pretty sure all of the files have been lost(i have a new PC) So it would be up to my co-webby if he has any of the files still(doubt it) But I am sure me and Psyblast(co webby) could make a better one this time around...

Zapchu
October 13th, 2004, 03:45 PM
My entire forums was an RPG, every topic was never on topic. And people who don't know how to RPG seriously...it's almost like spamming. My forums = spammiest place on earth

But, the pros of it is that RPGs are a lot of fun...but I'm going to have to disagree with this proposal, we already have a nice RPG section on PC, no need for extra stuff.

AZSupraT
October 13th, 2004, 03:47 PM
I dont think we are talking about a RPG where you role play etc. Well atleast im not. Im talking about a integrated RPG system for vB. Where you play, not talk :P

Zapchu
October 13th, 2004, 03:51 PM
I dont think we are talking about a RPG where you role play etc. Well atleast im not. Im talking about a integrated RPG system for vB. Where you play, not talk :P

I have no clue, but still I don't like extra stuff being installed. @_@; So I'm still going to have to disagree to it.

ravenstorture
October 13th, 2004, 03:51 PM
That is also what I was talking about AZ. Another message board I go to has a fun RPG, I'm not sure if it is what some people are talking about or not, but it is called Fizzy Bubbles and it is really fun. You can go to [???] and go to their forums to see what I am talking about. I don't think I am violating the rules, if I am just posting the site so you can see what I am talking about and possibly get ideas, and not advertising anything.

Zapchu
October 13th, 2004, 03:53 PM
That is also what I was talking about AZ. Another message board I go to has a fun RPG, I'm not sure if it is what some people are talking about or not, but it is called Fizzy Bubbles and it is really fun. You can go to [???] and go to their forums to see what I am talking about. I don't think I am violating the rules, if I am just posting the site so you can see what I am talking about and possibly get ideas, and not advertising anything.

Uhm...thanks for showing me a link that has a bunch of popup ads and now I possible have to scan my computer again for spy or ad ware -_-;; You have us the wrong link.

Please PM me the correct link, thanks!

Geometric-sama
October 13th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I just think it would be too complicated to have this for PC, and many people would not play it anyway.

ravenstorture
October 13th, 2004, 05:01 PM
and many people would not play it anyway.
And you have what to back up that statement of yours?

Geometric-sama
October 13th, 2004, 07:56 PM
We have several thousand members on PC. Do you honestly think that every single member of PC would play the RPG, or even have time for it? *munches a very big cookie*

Latioscatcher
October 13th, 2004, 07:58 PM
yea i wondering cuz thats would be kool

Purin
October 13th, 2004, 08:15 PM
We have several thousand members on PC. Do you honestly think that every single member of PC would play the RPG, or even have time for it? *munches a very big cookie*
Not only that, I fear that an RPG system will bring up a lot of competition between members. It's not healthy too.
You'll get people boasting around about how great their team are and the newbies will feel inferior as well.
I'm against the idea of PC having an RPG system.

Geometric-sama
October 13th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Besides which the hack costs money. >.< Who's going to pay for it?

ravenstorture
October 15th, 2004, 03:09 PM
First off who is saying that it will have to cost money. We could easily have a board rpg with just posting that is fun and doesn't cost a thing. Second of all, out of the thousand members we have here you automatically assume just because you are against the idea of PC having an RPG that the majority of them would feel the same way. And Purin, wow if after all this time you have been here you still think people here are rude and mean enough to act in the manor you suggested. We now know who the two pessimists are, now don't we?

Cassie-chan
October 15th, 2004, 03:43 PM
First off who is saying that it will have to cost money. We could easily have a board rpg with just posting that is fun and doesn't cost a thing.But the thread isn't about a board RPG where you post, it's about a download system thing that I I believe you download and put on PC. Unless you are just agreeing with JA's point...

Personly(However you spell it), I don't care, because I don't roleplay, but I don;t wanna change PC so much....

~Ozy~
October 15th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Again, please keep this away. I love PRs as they are, I don't want bells or whistle, the RPs are pretty much what's keeping me here. Those things never intrested my anyway and it's rather harder to keep a good story going when everyone's concrened about their stats and such.

aRedMoon
October 15th, 2004, 04:38 PM
I've always found these things stupid, and would never agree to having one installed.

Blaze
October 15th, 2004, 05:08 PM
yeah i dont think pc needs one at all

ravenstorture
October 16th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Ok then I must have been misunderstanding the whole time. I am against a downloaded RP, I am for a board/posting rp though.

AZSupraT
October 16th, 2004, 10:42 AM
VR is currently working on a PHP RPG(much like pokecrater and TPPC) Ours will be much different, progress is being made at a very rapid pace :)

Geometric-sama
October 17th, 2004, 04:30 AM
We already have board posting RPs...