• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should We get a an RPG System for PC

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
  • Nah, I like the RP boards as they are. To me, nothing's better than a good old-fashioned RP. Doing this would take away what I love about online RPing. So, please, pease, PLEASE keep it away from my precious RP's. *runs off and hides them*

In all seriousness, doing things this way was what attracted me to RPing online. I was trained using our system, I achieved my current degree of mastery this way, I want to improve my skills this way. And honestly, I'm seeing a bit of a trend. The people who are the hardcore RP'ers on here seem to be against it. Those that don't RP so much seem to be for it. Just a side note there...

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    Flygon_trainer said:
    I don't like it much. As an expert RPer myself, I don't think any changes should be made. I like it as it is...
    Im with Flygon Trainer.I like PC the way it is.

Years
  • honestly

honestly, i think this might take away from the charm of pokecommunity.
    i mean does anyone want pc to endup like this?

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    At our(VR) old forums before we joined PC We used somthing like this, but we had a heavily custom modified version ready to come out right before we joined pc. It included a Pokemon center, multiple pokemon, a 'little' battling system, and a few more other nice things ;) But I joined PC before we could open that up. Im pretty sure all of the files have been lost(i have a new PC) So it would be up to my co-webby if he has any of the files still(doubt it) But I am sure me and Psyblast(co webby) could make a better one this time around...

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • My entire forums was an RPG, every topic was never on topic. And people who don't know how to RPG seriously...it's almost like spamming. My forums = spammiest place on earth

But, the pros of it is that RPGs are a lot of fun...but I'm going to have to disagree with this proposal, we already have a nice RPG section on PC, no need for extra stuff.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    I dont think we are talking about a RPG where you role play etc. Well atleast im not. Im talking about a integrated RPG system for vB. Where you play, not talk :P

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • AZSupraT said:
    I dont think we are talking about a RPG where you role play etc. Well atleast im not. Im talking about a integrated RPG system for vB. Where you play, not talk :P

I have no clue, but still I don't like extra stuff being installed. @_@; So I'm still going to have to disagree to it.

ravenstorture

Banned
    Years
  • That is also what I was talking about AZ. Another message board I go to has a fun RPG, I'm not sure if it is what some people are talking about or not, but it is called Fizzy Bubbles and it is really fun. You can go to [???] and go to their forums to see what I am talking about. I don't think I am violating the rules, if I am just posting the site so you can see what I am talking about and possibly get ideas, and not advertising anything.

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • PiroMunkie said:
    That is also what I was talking about AZ. Another message board I go to has a fun RPG, I'm not sure if it is what some people are talking about or not, but it is called Fizzy Bubbles and it is really fun. You can go to [???] and go to their forums to see what I am talking about. I don't think I am violating the rules, if I am just posting the site so you can see what I am talking about and possibly get ideas, and not advertising anything.

Uhm...thanks for showing me a link that has a bunch of popup ads and now I possible have to scan my computer again for spy or ad ware -_-;; You have us the wrong link.

Please PM me the correct link, thanks!

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • We have several thousand members on PC. Do you honestly think that every single member of PC would play the RPG, or even have time for it? *munches a very big cookie*

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
  • Jedi_Amara said:
    We have several thousand members on PC. Do you honestly think that every single member of PC would play the RPG, or even have time for it? *munches a very big cookie*
    Not only that, I fear that an RPG system will bring up a lot of competition between members. It's not healthy too.
    You'll get people boasting around about how great their team are and the newbies will feel inferior as well.
    I'm against the idea of PC having an RPG system.

ravenstorture

Banned
    Years
  • First off who is saying that it will have to cost money. We could easily have a board rpg with just posting that is fun and doesn't cost a thing. Second of all, out of the thousand members we have here you automatically assume just because you are against the idea of PC having an RPG that the majority of them would feel the same way. And Purin, wow if after all this time you have been here you still think people here are rude and mean enough to act in the manor you suggested. We now know who the two pessimists are, now don't we?

Back