• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long do you hug people for?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Do you hug people for a long time? A few seconds? Twenty seconds? How long? :D Also, do you have a weird way of hugging people, etc?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Uh, usually depends on why I'm hugging this person. If a friend is upset, usually about 20 seconds or so. If it's just a regular hug, like 5 seconds.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Usually my hugs are like 2 seconds. I'm not really into the physical contact so when a friend(girls only) comes up to me and hugs me, I try to escape as soon as possible. When it's a guy I just keep my distance.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Well it depends on who it is really, if it is the girl I like then 10 seconds max. Anymore would be pushing it. But I really hate sometimes the arkward hugs like when either you or the other pseron hesistates and finally give up.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • Usually around 5 - 10 seconds is how long I'd hug someone. But if it was like a family member, I'd hug them longer. nwn

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    A normal hug is around 2-4 seconds. If I've met some one after a really long time, 5-8 seconds.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Depends. A random hug to a random person is often short. However, if it's someone I know, I can hug for well over 20 seconds. ^///^

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Well, I like hugs from just about anybody, so I'll hug someone for as long as they want to hug me. Usually that ranges from about 3 - 5 seconds. I hug my closer friends and family more than anyone else and that ranges from probably 6 - 15 seconds. But there's certain people who I'd hug for eternity if I had the chance. <3

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • usually 1-3seconds. i feel like it gets awkward after 3 seconds D: or i just make it awkward. LOL ;-;

but if it's my niece, then until she runs away, which doesnt take very long D:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • As quickly as possible. Five seconds is too long. It kinda unsettles me when my personal space is violated like that; I don't care if I know the person or not, hugging is just... weird and sketchy.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    But there's certain people who I'd hug for eternity if I had the chance. <3

If that's not me, ihu. ;__;

Depends if they're good friends and what kind of mood they're in. 5-10 seconds seems like a nice amount. If I wuuuuv them enough, I give them a really tight hug.

Back