• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long do you hug people for?

Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2010
    this is a pretty awkward thread.

(I'll admit when it's a gal I'm interested in I hug lower. ahem.)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • There's "The Syd Hug." I'm constantly in a rush or my hands are full and people will be walking by, hold out their arms and be like "Syyyyddddd" and I walk into their arms, put my chin on their shoulder, and walk away. XD That's my hug.

Other hugs include me and my friend running up to each other from afar, hugging, standing there in the hug, then dancing in a circle. And that can take...maybe a minute, lol. Normally, I don't hug people for long, unless it's someone very important or if it's someone I don't want to leave, so I'll just cling on til I'm pried off.

But I don't want them to go. :< So humph.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Teh girls I know hug me for about 3 seconds. But there was one day where this one girl was complaining that it was cold and she hugged me for like a minute or two ._. *not responsible for anything that happens in my pants* Lmao. Still not used to hanging out with cute girls.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I can hug from around 2 -60 seconds. It really depends who it is. My pillow gets hugs all night XD

Years
  • It usually depends on who the person is, if it is a close friend of mine, like 15 seconds max. Other than that, other people usually 5 seconds I suppose.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • Depends on the person. If its a close friend, the hug will last about 10 seconds, if its someone I don't know, it'll maybe last.... 3 seconds xD

It really depends if I'm in a good mood or not really..

Ayselipera

Usually as quick as possible. I always feel weird when I'm hugging other people unless it's someone I'm completely comfortable with then I'll over do the hug on purpose. Also if someone is really upset I'll give them a long hug and a rub on the back.

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Depends on the person, but I'm quite the hugger. If it feels awkward it'll be a quick little shoulder squeeze - if it's comfortable it can go on forever with people being picked up and thrown about and squeezed to death. I give the best hugs though.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • It really depends on the person. If we just became friends, than a 2 sec hug. If we have been friends for like a year, then a 30 sec hugs. If where bestfriends it can be hours. No lie, I huged my friend rebecca for over an hour, and a half. We would talk while hugging move around, and walk around. It was quite fun =D

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I would only hug acquaintances or friends. Other than that, it would either be a high five or wave. It tends to vary from a short hug to a really long one. A hug also depends on how long I had known the person. My best, female friends get the longest hugs. A new friend of mine gets a shorter hug, lasting from two seconds to four.

If it's a guy, I either give them a really rough hug or one of those one-arm embrace. Oh, and I can't look at them in the eye. I don't know why I do this, but it became a habit of mine. Usually, I don't hug a guy. A handshake would be used in this situation.

The duration of the hug will last longer if he or she is in destress. I would just hold them for a really long time and try to do the best I can.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • depends. Usually I just hug normally i guess. With guys I usually have my arms above theirs, sometimes with girls to. Unless I'm super excited to see them or being weird. How long? usually a few seconds with my friends. Like an extra second if im going out with the person, and with my parents... depends I guess. And sometimes the hugs go for ages if for example, it's cold and we're trying to keep warm.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Around 3 or 4 seconds if it's merely a friend. If it's someone more important, it can go on forever sometimes. xD

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I am not a very touchy person, and as such, stray away from hugs. When I do wind being hugged/hugging someone, I inch away as soon as possible.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I will hug nobody for more than at least 5 seconds. However, if its a friend (girl anyway) that's sad then I gladly extended my hug for 5 more seconds.

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
  • I hardly ever get hugs.

How long do you hug people for?

But when i had my girlfriend, when we would hug, it wouldnt go for long, it would get....."awkward".

Dont make me explain "awkward"

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Well it follows a very specific formula.

l for acquaintance-level
    t for time involved in hug

t = l * 5
    Lol Audy has a formula for it.

I'm not exactly too comfortable with hugs, so max is like 5 seconds usually. Generally I aim for 2-3 seconds usually.

That being said, being randomly hugged by a stranger unsettles me, so I tend to keep a very very miniscule amount of body odor to deter that. ;)

Back