• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long do you hug people for?

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    depends on thwe hug. its its a "OMG ITS MY BFF" hug then its maybe a few seconds
    or it might be one of those '''OMG ASKJDHASKJDH I LUUUVVVV YOU LETS GET MARRIED <3~~!~!~!~!~ '' hugs then its a few hours a few minutes :3

Or it could be the kind where i hug them just to piss them off
    it lasts until i get bored, or then kick me off :3

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I'm not sure. I haven't hugged anybody since a *long* time. Perhaps for 5 seconds or so.

edit: And yeah, I don't hug random people. Only acquaintances, yeah. But even that is kinda rare.

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
  • I have always wanted to know if holding a sign saying "Free hugs" will work for me.

Id probably get short, manhugs. :(

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • As long as it takes me to suffocate them.

Aaah that's the spirit. :surprised:

I take back my first response. Most hugs outside of school last for way over 20 seconds because I'm just a little cuddle bug that really wants to be held sometimes >>;

That being said, 90% 95% 99% of my hugs are E-hugs.
    :(

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Like 3 seconds, because I always feel like I'm catching some kind of disease when I hug them. Especially girls.

~*COOTIES~*

The Red Chain

Onto le answer~
    I do not like physical contact very much at all so I tend to only hug for a few moments or so.
    Normally I'm not the one who initializes the hugging either. ><;

Although, I have fallen asleep in someone's arms before when we were laying together in bed.
    I know what you're thinking but it's not like that gaise.
    :pink_tongue:
    So I guess that means my longest hug is an hour.

Mumfie

Norwegian penguin!
    Years
  • I actually hugged my ex-girlfriend for (around) 15 minutes once! We had just been through a tough period and things wern't going too well. We decided to not see eachother in a while because our relationship really was f*cked up. It "worked" for like 4 weeks, but when we then again saw eachother we hugged like forever n_n

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • 3 seconds if it's just a friendly hug, probably closer to 30 seconds if the other person isn't doing so hot right now.

Digital Wings

Alert to sounds.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    This is a really funny thread. I typically hug for about 3 seconds but I wrap my arms around them and hug really tight.

But I hate being the first to let go, because I'm kind of short and when you try to lean back you get stuck in a chokehold and have to stand there awkwardly until they let go O_O

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Whenever I hug someone, we stop when I pull away. I only hold on tighter if they start pulling away, which only makes it more uncomfortable for them. Whenever I feel like I've hugged for too long, I'll let go. It depends from person to person, since there are some people (only four or five) who I'll never let go.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    For the most part I only hug people that I know very well. And of course I hug my mom, stepmom, dad. I don't hug my brother though. XD My family I hug at least maybe 10-20 seconds. My friends/co-workers and customers about 5-10 seconds.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • For my lady friends, 5 seconds. For guys, 2 seconds... Unless it's Will Neill, this guy is off his head - one of the funniest guys I've met and he likes to hug for at LEAST 30 seconds JUST to make things sexually awkward lol

Back