• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Visting other regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I think we should be able to vist other regions, so we have more of a challenge to do. What do you think?

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
Years
Considering that each and every region is connected to another one, this is a very plausible idea. Every region has an area that is impossible to get to. Like, North. No region as of yet has a northern area that is accessible. Could be that each region is connected to each other through this black hole of Northern areas, this meeting of the very large terrain. I'm assuming that north of every map is a large mountain, considering the terrain, but I could be all wrong about it. GF will have to explain this paradox sooner or later, considering their running out of ideas for pokemon.

I'm thinking a final edition? Pokemon RAINBOW VERSION!!!! Every region accessible!!! Probably not, since they want to milk this series for all its worth, but its a nice idea. to see all the regions connected and working, with storylines and quests to complete, all 32 badges, plus however many their will be in BW to obtain, maybe character customization... etc. But thats not my point. Its a nifty idea, but I don't see it happening any time soon. Nintendo thinks we're satisfied with HGSS.

And speaking of which, HgSs supports my theory. Perhaps that continent is connected to the Isshu, Hoenn and Sinnoh regions. Explained by Cynthia in the Sinjoh ruins, she says that the Johto and Sinnoh regions were connected and had a sharing of culture. perhaps this area is the center of all pokemon regions?

Perhaps we'll never know.

Becki

Pc will never be the same.....
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 24, 2018
I wish that would be great if you could visit all the regions! it would give so much to do in the game! But i doubt they would do it :(

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Same i doubt it because we cant fit 4-5 regions in one small chip, unless technology evolves... or they just give us 4-5 regions in 4-5 chips each.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
Isshu is supposedly based off of NY, the other regions are in Asia, so a plane would be the only plausible method of visiting the other regions. But I agree with Twilight Sky, no intermingling of regions this time Game Freak, please?

Golden Heart

Rainbow Ho-Oh
Years
Isshu is supposedly based off of NY, the other regions are in Asia, so a plane would be the only plausible method of visiting the other regions. But I agree with Twilight Sky, no intermingling of regions this time Game Freak, please?
It's based off New York? O.o;
Was this confirmed? xD If so, can I see where? :B

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2011
I would like that there will be a few more region connections like
maybe Johto-Hoenn and Kanto-Sinnoh or something like that
All we have so far are Johto-Kanto

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
Years
It's based off New York? O.o;
Was this confirmed? xD If so, can I see where? :B
its not confirmed but we somebody showed us a comparison between the isshu map and the map of new york, which looked kinda similar.
we dont need to visit another region as we've got all of the regions other than hoenn on the ds already, hoenn can wait for the 3ds.
what would be cool, is that there is a whole new area which you can explore after the elite 4, with a proper plot. maybe a few islands like frlg or something.

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
Years
it would be cool if we could have a game like that where you journey through all the reigions but it cant be like HGSS where Kanto barely had any story to it. You have to have a story for each region to make it worth while. :)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
The fact that Hoenn was cut off from the rest of the wold was refreshing, but after a while it kinda made it feel weird. I hope this does not happen with Isshu.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
The only region Isshu has a chance with being with is Hoenn...Even though Isshu is New York Japanese Style and Hoenn is Kyushu... But I doubt it seeing as how Eastern United States is far from Kyushu, Japan... Maybe the whole Airplane/Boat thing? Hiun City transport? Who knows? Who cares?

Everyone has been poking at all regions in one with story...which is IMPOSSIBLE btw...so stop asking for it... and in the CoroCoro leaks it says clearly (In Japanese that is...) that you can "Get There" by "Plane or Boat"

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
Years
I hope not. If I want to be in another region then i'll go play the game for that region. I can play through sinnoh, jhoto and kanto on my ds already, and I'm hoping that we'll have ruby/sapphire remakes this gen anyway. But I think for the last game of pokemon, ever, that they should make one with all the regions. Though it'd be to hard working around the leveling. and going through every region could get very... tedious? boring?

~Gary~

PSN: xAzureZePhYr.
Years
coooool.
but they should have hoenn cuz we have played sinnoh,johto and kanto already.
the in-game me would have lots of fun by travelling by an airplane or a ship

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I believe what they should've have done was connect Heonn and Sinnoh together since Kanto and Johto were already connected. With Isshu it makes things spicy and new.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I wouldn't like that at all, really. It made sense in G/S/C and HG/SS because Johto and Kanto share a border. It's expected to hop between them easily. Isshu, on the other hand, is said to be "far away" from the other regions, which means that it's not connected to the previously explored regions. It wouldn't make sense to me to go to another region that's not close by. Johto and Kanto supported one another. Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Isshu are self-reliant, and don't need another region in the games.

Also, Isshu is new, and I hope to explore it as in-depth as I played through Hoenn and Sinnoh. If another region is there to take away from Isshu, it wouldn't be as fun.

n64benowitz177

Is The Man In The Mirror.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
I've always enjoyed have the connectivity of the regions, but the one thing that never made it into the games was the Orange Islands. Which, I realize isn't close at all to it since it was quite faraway form Kanto if I remember right. But traveling in between can easily be remedied by plane or boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back