• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Visting other regions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    Travel to other regions??

do you think that after the storyline or even dureing it you will be able to travel to other regions like in the HG/SS storyline and if so which regions
    personaly i think you should be able to go to the Ruby Region (sorry dont know the name)

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • I've always enjoyed have the connectivity of the regions, but the one thing that never made it into the games was the Orange Islands. Which, I realize isn't close at all to it since it was quite faraway form Kanto if I remember right. But traveling in between can easily be remedied by plane or boat.

Interesting idea, and I've come across a really weird coincidence relating to this.

oih.png

this is a picture of Mandarin island from an episode in the Orange Island saga of the anime. I took it last night, because I noticed the uncanny familiarity of it.
    Does this happen to look like some kind of, I dunno, Isshu major city to you? xD

It's probably just a coincidence though.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    the only region where 4th gen pokemon dont exist is hoenn.

just wanted to point that out

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • I'd like to see where the New York and Isshu comparison is... Because I live in New York. But can you really get directly to Japan from New York (or vice versa) by boat? I mean, you probably could but it would be so out of the way, you'd be better off driving cross country and taking a boat from California...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Interesting idea, and I've come across a really weird coincidence relating to this.

Spoiler:

this is a picture of Mandarin island from an episode in the Orange Island saga of the anime. I took it last night, because I noticed the uncanny familiarity of it.
    Does this happen to look like some kind of, I dunno, Isshu major city to you? xD

It's probably just a coincidence though.

Reminds me of Hiun City just larger. The orange islands would have definitely fit in w/ Isshu, but no they were introduced wayyy before it. Beside Hiun seems to be the only 'city' I want to say in Isshu. Like there may be others but Hiun is definitely the largest and important (megacity). I wouldn't be surprised if half of the people in Isshu lived in it .

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I'd like to see where the New York and Isshu comparison is... Because I live in New York. But can you really get directly to Japan from New York (or vice versa) by boat? I mean, you probably could but it would be so out of the way, you'd be better off driving cross country and taking a boat from California...

The comparison is just about the shape or the region and the city's position (at least I believe that is all of it). That would be one LONG boat ride...

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Travel to other regions?

I'm thinking that after we defeat the Elite Four we will be able to travel to another region (possibly Hoenn as it is the only region not able to play on a DSi). My reasoning behind this is why would they mention that you'd have to fly or ride a boat to get to the other regions if one of them isn't included? There is an airport on the region map and it would be useless space taken up if it served no point. Why would they make a big deal about a new way to travel if it wasn't incorporated in the game?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm thinking that after we defeat the Elite Four we will be able to travel to another region (possibly Hoenn as it is the only region not able to play on a DSi). My reasoning behind this is why would they mention that you'd have to fly or ride a boat to get to the other regions if one of them isn't included? There is an airport on the region map and it would be useless space taken up if it served no point. Why would they make a big deal about a new way to travel if it wasn't incorporated in the game?
    Well I think it's Kanto as Kanto is in every generation :tired:

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010

Well I think it's Kanto as Kanto is in every generation :tired:

uh not in 3rd and 4th? nvm, i got what youre saying.

and if we do go to hoenn, it may be terribly cut down unless we can count on gamefreak giving us a completely new adventure that makes having a 5th gen r/s remake useless.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • uh not in 3rd and 4th? nvm, i got what youre saying.

and if we do go to hoenn, it may be terribly cut down unless we can count on gamefreak giving us a completely new adventure that makes having a 5th gen r/s remake useless.
    I think Hoenn should get their own remakes so they can be expended instead of cutdown like Kanto in gen 2...

DemonicDee

PokéDevil
    Years
  • I would love to travel to a new region at the end, but they may do something like the Orange Islands instead, if you know what i mean?

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Why Johto? We just had HeartGold and SoulSilver...

I wouldn't mind going to Hoenn. I don't think they need remakes because they can still function with gen IV (pal park)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    maybe it's a new region? Remember, there's plenty of space on those game carts.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    maybe it's a new region? Remember, there's plenty of space on those game carts.

b&w will seem to take up a lot of that space. look at all the huge 3D angles, animating sprites, who knows what else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back