• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Visting other regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeClowd

the Silent Clowd
Years
  • Considering that each and every region is connected to another one, this is a very plausible idea. Every region has an area that is impossible to get to. Like, North. No region as of yet has a northern area that is accessible. Could be that each region is connected to each other through this black hole of Northern areas, this meeting of the very large terrain. I'm assuming that north of every map is a large mountain, considering the terrain, but I could be all wrong about it. GF will have to explain this paradox sooner or later, considering their running out of ideas for pokemon.

I'm thinking a final edition? Pokemon RAINBOW VERSION!!!! Every region accessible!!! Probably not, since they want to milk this series for all its worth, but its a nice idea. to see all the regions connected and working, with storylines and quests to complete, all 32 badges, plus however many their will be in BW to obtain, maybe character customization... etc. But thats not my point. Its a nifty idea, but I don't see it happening any time soon. Nintendo thinks we're satisfied with HGSS.

And speaking of which, HgSs supports my theory. Perhaps that continent is connected to the Isshu, Hoenn and Sinnoh regions. Explained by Cynthia in the Sinjoh ruins, she says that the Johto and Sinnoh regions were connected and had a sharing of culture. perhaps this area is the center of all pokemon regions?

Perhaps we'll never know.

OK. go to http://serebii.net/pokearth/ It has an official map of all the regions in relation to each other.

Also, Nintendo stated that Isshu is very far away from the other regions, and therefore, cannot be in the center of it all.

They do need to fill in that gap though.

Lelouch vi Britannia

99th Emperor of Britannia
    Years
  • Considering that each and every region is connected to another one, this is a very plausible idea. Every region has an area that is impossible to get to. Like, North. No region as of yet has a northern area that is accessible. Could be that each region is connected to each other through this black hole of Northern areas, this meeting of the very large terrain. I'm assuming that north of every map is a large mountain, considering the terrain, but I could be all wrong about it. GF will have to explain this paradox sooner or later, considering their running out of ideas for pokemon.

I'm thinking a final edition? Pokemon RAINBOW VERSION!!!! Every region accessible!!! Probably not, since they want to milk this series for all its worth, but its a nice idea. to see all the regions connected and working, with storylines and quests to complete, all 32 badges, plus however many their will be in BW to obtain, maybe character customization... etc. But thats not my point. Its a nifty idea, but I don't see it happening any time soon. Nintendo thinks we're satisfied with HGSS.

And speaking of which, HgSs supports my theory. Perhaps that continent is connected to the Isshu, Hoenn and Sinnoh regions. Explained by Cynthia in the Sinjoh ruins, she says that the Johto and Sinnoh regions were connected and had a sharing of culture. perhaps this area is the center of all pokemon regions?

Perhaps we'll never know.

The only regions that are connected are Kanto and Johto. Other than that they are nowhere close to being connected. There is no way Isshu is connected to any of the past regions because it has been confirmed that it is far far away and the only way to get there would be by plane or boat. If you HAVE to use a plane to get somewhere then that means it is far and there is water.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    I think we should be able to vist other regions, so we have more of a challenge to do. What do you think?

i love the idea of different regions. i always thought that Gold and Silver were the best because you could go to different regions

Years
  • my idea is a wii game done in the style of the DS games, and you start in jhoto, and play through it and kanto like in gold and silver. and then once you have beaten all those gym leaders, you pick one pokemon that gets put dowm to level 5 (not a legendary), and you travel to the hoen region. then you do the same after beating the hoen elite 4. you do get one of the region's starters at the start of each region.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • OK. go to http://serebii.net/pokearth/ It has an official map of all the regions in relation to each other.

Also, Nintendo stated that Isshu is very far away from the other regions, and therefore, cannot be in the center of it all.

They do need to fill in that gap though.

Wow? Either isshu is a huge region thats been split up or i've missed alot

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i would love to be able to visit other regions. i think i would be awesome if we could visit all of the past regions but if they do let us go to other regions it will probably be only one because i dont think there is enough room on the game card to add everything.

Lelouch vi Britannia

99th Emperor of Britannia
    Years
  • i would love to be able to visit other regions. i think i would be awesome if we could visit all of the past regions but if they do let us go to other regions it will probably be only one because i dont think there is enough room on the game card to add everything.

I'm sure there's enough space. DPPt didn't even use up half of the DS cart. A big problem would be the leveling. It was already way too low in GSCHGSS so imagine what it would be like if there are five regions. I would be happy if they add another big unexplored are somewhat like the Sevii Islands but actually fun.

Lolfish

One step below magikarp :D
    Years
  • Same i doubt it because we cant fit 4-5 regions in one small chip, unless technology evolves... or they just give us 4-5 regions in 4-5 chips each.

With the 3DS coming, we might be able to, but black and white will come before then. :O
    I only want it to be connected to Hoenn though, I miss Hoenn :(

Lol, then what would be the point for the Hoenn remakes? Gamefreak wants the regions in different games for teh money!

I really doubt it, but it would be nice if they did add a few more areas than normal.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2022
    As much as I wish that there was all the regions in one game,it wouldnt work due to levels. The gyms of the last region and possibly of the second to last region or more then that even would have to all be lvl 100,or they wouldhave to kill the levels of the pokemon and trainers in the starting region or more then just that one. If they do it after this and there is more regions they may have to do both.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I don't think there will be any old regions in this. I think they're going for an "ALL NEW" vibe here.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
  • I think we should be able to vist other regions, so we have more of a challenge to do. What do you think?

only if it doesn't weaken the story in this game like what happened with HGSS

changed my mind, i just want Isshu to be well developed. Other regions can be saved for remakes :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    I'm hoping for Orange Islands after the E4
    The games don't equal the anime, (un)fortunately. Besides, the Orange Islands are how many years old now? If they were going to be included in a game, they would have appeared much sooner than close to ten years later (when the target audience might or might not remember them). And the way that the Gyms and the Champion battle are handled in the anime would be difficult to translate to a game.

If there is an extra area after the E4, I'm hoping it's like what Lelouch vi Brittania said. An extra area that's connected to Isshu in some way that can be explored in-depth, and that adds more to the storyline after the main plot is done, where maybe some older Pokemon could be captured.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    i always thought it would be amazing to have every region and every gym in one game but like someone mentioned it would take more technology than we are capable of to create a game with every region in one ds chip. and if they gave us multiple game cartridges i have no idea how we would transfer captured pokemon and other data between cartridges so they will probably never have every region in one game. oh well pokemon is still awesome

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    At first that idea sounded good but yea now that Twilight Sky mentions it I have had enough with the other regions. I mean with all the new remakes and such I've had enough. They just need to make this region insanely huge

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I've had this opinion for years, and I've stated it in this forum several times. I'd personally think everyone should move on from Kanto/Johto/etc. It's time to move onto a new region, and rather than focus on stuffing every region in, we should focus on making the new region filled with stuff. I mean, Isshu has so much potential, and Sinnoh was already quite large. If we put regions in, it'd just be a silly excuse for us to not have much new content. And besides, re-exploring Kanto is boring.

You took the words right out of mouth :D

Years
  • As the region is supposedly so far separated from the others it seems unlikely that the game will involve other regions, but maybe the developers will give Isshu more landmarks or towns than previous regions.

That said, we are asking a lot as it is clear that the complexity is being stepped up several notches, so I feel like we shouldn't push it with our expectations.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back