• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your age

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
Years
  • Hey guys, I'm a bit tired of listening to people saying "pokémon is for kids" and, well, I'm fully aware that many adults play pokémon, so this is a test.
    How old are you, pokécommunity user?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm getting up there in years at a sturdy 23. I've been playing Pokemon games since they came out when I was in middle school and stuck with it, albeit on an on-again-off-again basis, even after the fad ended.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    15, soon to be 16.

I didn't get into it whislt it was a fad...my parents wouldn't let me get a gameboy. I have about 200 pokemon cards, I got them early 2005, and Pokemon Emerald christmas 2005. Hooked ever since.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Lol, I'm turning 12 tomorrow. ._.
    I am one of the youngest persons of PC, but I got real-life friends addicted to Pokemon. And now, they no longer call me childish. Even if most of the school knows me as "The Pokefan", most of them have been in my situation and understand me.

But what I hate the most is a classmate of mine which started playing Pokemon to get a girl I helped (8th Grade, 2 years older than him) out in SS like him. When I told her that... she hated him. <3 She was kinda cute tho' <3

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • I'm getting tired of people whining about the opinions of other people.
    Who cares if they think it's for kids, just ignore them.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm fifteen years old and I'm still running strong with my Pokémon fandom. I've liked the franchise since I was about nine years old and I've never really grown out of it. I know a lot of people who were also into the franchise about the same time - some even earlier, and stopped liking it for one reason or another. Age isn't really a huge factor in my opinion, it's really up to how much enjoyment you get out of the game.

Ayselipera

I'm 17 now and I've been with the franchise since I was five. At five I started watching the anime and it took off from there. I used to collect cards, coins, plushies, Pokemon figures, and anything else that had anything to do with Pokemon. I've since calmed down now and just play the games while occasionally re-watching the Kanto and Johto seasons of the anime.

Looking back I am sort of amazed that I like Pokemon as much as I do. Clearly enough to join a whole forum dedicated to Pokemon.

I'm fifteen years old and I'm still running strong with my Pokémon fandom.

After seeing pictures of you in the "post pictures of you" thread I thought you were a lot older. :o

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
  • I'm 16 and still enjoy playing Pokemon. I'm sure there are a lot older players out there. But seriously, it doesn't matter how old you are.

Zheeph

Years
  • OP here, I'm 17 in case anyone wonders. I don't really care about what they say, I love pokémon ever since I first played it. I'm just doing this to show the results to a friend.

Even if most of the school knows me as "The Pokefan"

High five, mate, I have the exact same title.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol, kinda age related, I've just realised, I did the anime thing, and started my "pokemon journey" when I was 10 xD

Just thought that was cool, and I needed to post it somewhere ;)

Zheeph

Years
  • I'm 14, and don't care about what people say because pokemon is a lot more strategic than call of duty.

Oh my, not that I want to insult you, I want to do the contrary. You're a damn miracle, mate. Your parents must be proud to have you. Most 14y.o. can't even see how true what you said is. I'm going to tell everyone that young people are getting smart again.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I'm 18. I am a little embarrassed still over liking Pokemon even though I know I shouldn't be. I loved Pokemon when I was little and I just started playing the games again a year or two ago, so I guess for my family it is kind of weird. I don't really feel embarrassed that I play the games because THAT I honestly don't care what people think, they're games. But if I want to buy Pokemon merch or watch the anime on TV or something, it's a bit embarrassing. I don't think Pokemon is JUST for little kids, it's just associated with little kids and that's what people think about it, I just have to get over it I guess. :/

Zheeph

Years
  • I'm 18. I am a little embarrassed still over liking Pokemon even though I know I shouldn't be. I loved Pokemon when I was little and I just started playing the games again a year or two ago, so I guess for my family it is kind of weird. I don't really feel embarrassed that I play the games because THAT I honestly don't care what people think, they're games. But if I want to buy Pokemon merch or watch the anime on TV or something, it's a bit embarrassing. I don't think Pokemon is JUST for little kids, it's just associated with little kids and that's what people think about it, I just have to get over it I guess. :/

If you're 18 then you should be able to understand what our community mate up there just said, most kids can't even get a decent strategy going, they just grab a cool monster, they throw fire blasts and hyperbeams for him to learn and then they think they're amazing trainers. I think that we have so many things we need to be aware of to get a strategy going that I think this is about the contrary, I think this is a game for teenagers, people over 15y.o.

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
  • I will be 20 within a month. a vast number of people I know (around 30 people) within 3 years (older and younger) play it aswell so It's not weird at all.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • If you're 18 then you should be able to understand what our community mate up there just said, most kids can't even get a decent strategy going, they just grab a cool monster, they throw fire blasts and hyperbeams for him to learn and then they think they're amazing trainers. I think that we have so many things we need to be aware of to get a strategy going that I think this is about the contrary, I think this is a game for teenagers, people over 15y.o.
    That is definitely true, people just don't understand that until they've actually played the games, they associate the games with the anime and think, oh Pokemon, that's for little kids. But man, when I started playing again and started looking online at things, I was baffled by all the ways to train and breed and the events there are, just wow. xD I doubt many little kids understand all of that stuff.

And I definitely have more fun playing Pokemon than I do playing Call of Duty with my brother. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    oh dear.... I'm the eldest so far i think. I wont give out my exact age, but shall we say im only a year or two shy of 30 lol. I have been playing since Red, whatever year that was released.

Regardless of my age, there is still something new to learn in these games, and whilst away recently, i managed to combat my boredom with over 200+ hours on platinum.

Great games, no matter what your age.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I will be 22 at the end of this month. Why are people so strung up about age in the Pokemon fandom, anyway? I don't see that in any other fanbase I belong to. It's not about how old/young you are; it's the attitudes of those around you.

I was an 'original' Poke-kid and got into Pokemon when Red/Blue came out the day after my 10th birthday. Where I was I was the only one who liked it, and it had nothing to do with how old I was, just that other fans didn't exist at that school. The other kids my age made fun of me just the same (mostly 'cause I was an Ash fangirl, not so much the fandom on a whole, though) :/

Back