• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Nintendo Taking action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    We just got a letter from Nintendo (edited to remove personal info obviously) asking to take down all of our Black and White images or bad stuff will happen. I called the lawyer who sent the letter and he said he'll be making the rounds on other Pokemon sites as well and that they're doing an investigation. I was first on their list. I'm about to go out while Bangiras plays the game due to a family emergency but I have 24 hours to remove the images. Joy! Anyways, we'll continue to play the game and report what we find like we've been doing. Oh and the lawyer said he likes my site. :p
    From Pokebeach.com

So what do you guys think of this-all our bw information could dissapear, I don't condone anything illegal but I suggest we gather as much info as we can find before it all is gone until far later.
    Oh yes if you go to pokebeach you can view the letter

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well it's all wrong really, if we keep this up Game Freak will eventually go bankrupt and we will have no more Pokemon :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well the same thing happened for the Manga sites I guess now it's the Pokemon companies 0_0...it's odd because I had a thought of what would happen if game freak was like the Mangaka writers and now it has come true 0_0...

Years
  • Judging by the actual letter, there a quite a handful of grammar mistakes which makes me think that this may be a hoax, either from Pokébeach (a prank) or someone else. In the letter, the address to Pokébach is coloured cyan, but no hyperlink is given. Why would a letter, if it was written, be in blue, and why would an e-mail from a seemingly professional company be weird and just colour it. Also, you don't start a letter with "Dear Sir or Madam:", but with "Dear Sir or Madam,". I would imagine NoA to be a lot more professional than this.

So yeah, I think this is a hoax.

If it's true, than that means PC is gonna be spotted soon and all us ROM Hackers are gonna be screwed...yeah, I doubt this.

Years
  • Why would they target us? Pokécommunity is a fan site and we already stated that the images,characters and such belong to Pokémon and Nintendo.
    Spoiler:

idontsparkles

I most surely, don't Sparkle!
    Years
  • Seems odd..

I believe from a legal standpoint, its because technically the game isn't available outside Japan yet, so most of the information will have come from those using Roms, hence why Nintendo is stepping down on it.

Years
  • Seems odd..

I believe from a legal standpoint, its because technically the game isn't available outside Japan yet, so most of the information will have come from those using Roms, hence why Nintendo is stepping down on it.
    Though it's kind of odd why they are doing that now and not in gen 2,3, or 4...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    GUYS! The purpose of showing you this wasn't THERE COMING FOR PC OMG OMG OMG, it was to show you that all of our info could be taken down. Yikes.
    Now lets get back on the ON-TOPIC train here.

Years
  • GUYS! The purpose of showing you this wasn't THERE COMING FOR PC OMG OMG OMG, it was to show you that all of our info could be taken down. Yikes.
    Now lets get back on the ON-TOPIC train here.
    Yeah I know but why are they trying to take down all the Bw info now they should have started before...

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • I think to be honest, serebii would be more famous for info than PC.

Im gonna monitor Serebii as an early warning.

IF this isnt a hoax, i suggest making a document with all the pictures and info on and saving, then uploading onto a filesharing site, and posting in a seemingly unlikely topic in Current generation gaming .

That said, Nintendo would NOT want to get into a legal battle with the internet before the release of one of its major games.

Years
  • I think to be honest, serebii would be more famous for info than PC.

Im gonna monitor Serebii as an early warning.

IF this isnt a hoax, i suggest making a document with all the pictures and info on and saving, then uploading onto a filesharing site, and posting in a seemingly unlikely topic in Current generation gaming .

That said, Nintendo would NOT want to get into a legal battle with the internet before the release of one of its major games.
    Well Serebii has so far said nothing so maybe it is a hoax...

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • Judging by the actual letter, there a quite a handful of grammar mistakes which makes me think that this may be a hoax, either from Pokébeach (a prank) or someone else. In the letter, the address to Pokébach is coloured cyan, but no hyperlink is given. Why would a letter, if it was written, be in blue, and why would an e-mail from a seemingly professional company be weird and just colour it. Also, you don't start a letter with "Dear Sir or Madam:", but with "Dear Sir or Madam,". I would imagine NoA to be a lot more professional than this.

So yeah, I think this is a hoax.

If it's true, than that means PC is gonna be spotted soon and all us ROM Hackers are gonna be screwed...yeah, I doubt this.

I could not agree more with this post. I noticed the errors also. I may not be an English Major, but if you're going to represent a company then you should know how to write a letter.

And like others have said "why are they doing this now?" This is what I want to know too. Sure I only began checking these pokemon sites after HG/SS came out, but serebii and pokebeach and etc., have been posting information since early this year! Why now? Not to mention most of these people have the go ahead to post information. Or at least leaked information. I remember someone on this forum saying that serebii was allowed to leak so and so much before the game was out.

I believe this to be some malicious person who has nothing better to do with their time than to fake their entire identity just to troll a few good people. :/

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years

• I could not agree more with this post. I noticed the errors also. I may not be an English Major, but if you're going to represent a company then you should know how to write a letter.

And like others have said "why are they doing this now?" This is what I want to know too. Sure I only began checking these pokemon sites after HG/SS came out, but serebii and pokebeach and etc., have been posting information since early this year! Why now? Not to mention most of these people have the go ahead to post information. Or at least leaked information. I remember someone on this forum saying that serebii was allowed to leak so and so much before the game was out.

I believe this to be some malicious person who has nothing better to do with their time than to fake their entire identity just to troll a few good people. :/

I received word from a friend in the know that Serebii received the email as well. This may very well be real.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    This is pretty stupid, getting to see areas and features from the game on sites like Serebii, makes the long waits for the games to be released in the West a bit more bearable, and also makes us want to buy the games even more, the only reason for them to want to stop this is if they are embarrassed by what they have made, because if it was any other reason they would have stepped forward long before now to say something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back