• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Nintendo Taking action?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    It's an elaborate hoax, the letter is chock full of typo's and the legal jargon inserted into it makes no sense. I have Lawyers among my friends and family, and that looks like no affidavit or notice ive ever seen. An elaborate hoax, nothing more.

Here-

Spoiler:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Gah, Why would they start now?
    If they did wanna stop people, them must have started this a long time ago...
    I'm not sure but they did the same thing in Manga site recently so I'm guessing Japan creators want to target the internet so people can buy their stuff...also they might beleive that the images come from the roms...

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    k i just read it, i didnt see any or much errors. but i would do it myself as im not good at this stuff. but reading it, i think its fake.

hey, i see pokebeach has images still. haha.

The Red Chain

Look at Serebii. This page was chock full of all the Isshu Pokemon's pictures. They are all gone. If you go to his home page, you'll see every B&W picture he had up there earlier today is gone. If not all, most of the B&W screenshots and sprites on Serebii.net are completely removed.

There would be no reason for this if it were a fake warning. I could be missing something, but I really think that Nintendo's serious.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I don't think it's a hoax guys.

Look at Serebii. This page was chock full of all the Isshu Pokemon's pictures. They are all gone. If you go to his home page, you'll see every B&W picture he had up there earlier today is gone. If not all, most of the B&W screenshots and sprites on Serebii.net are completely removed.

There would be no reason for this if it were a fake warning. I could be missing something, but I really think that Nintendo's serious.

Preemptive action, that's what that probably is.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

I would imagine the reason he took everything down like that would be in case it is something that's real. Better to be safe than to take a chance. Him removing the images doesn't necessarily mean the letter is real and not a hoax though.

The only thing to me that would make it seem legit is that Bulbapedia reported how Pokebeach's webmaster actually gave a call to the number listed and talked to someone. Granted, that is something that could be easily done, but it does add that sense of legitimacy.

Years

Yeah but oddly Pokebeach hasn't...if it's real than Pokebeach is going to get into some legal trouble...

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Oh God, if this is true, what will happen of my Screenies thread? I still don't get it. Aren't we promoting Nintendo's game by posting pictures of it? We aren't linking Roms or even making Anti-piracy patches.

Years
    Don't panic. That was just a preeptive action by Joe. :U

And yeah, they should have served this e-mail through the admin's emails not the WHOIS domain name email listing >_>

The Red Chain

You guys make good points. I honestly do hope that this isn't real however. I liked being able to see B&W pictures, and I wanted the shiny sprites to be put up. That's what I was really looking forward to on his website. ]:

I wonder why they are only now being uptight about it after so many years...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Guys if this IS just a troll, we could assume Pokebeach's webmaster told Serebii of the letter. So this troll could spread if both Pokebeach's Webmaster (sry whats his name) and Serebii believe its real. WE should be the ones taking action and at least have them double-check if its legit.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Maybe it's a conspiracy, and Nintendo hired someone to send out fake emails to cause a bunch of controversy so they would get even more coverage. :O

:P

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    ok, fail.
    like many of you have said before me, why would they do it now?
    and didn't the games come out officially today in japan?
    and if you get them shipped here instead of posting screen shots of ROMs couldn't you just post pics of the actual game itself?
    so really, they would only stop it for a little while.
    and if becomes illegal to do all of that then i guess we just wait for 6 months.

Years
    Guys if this IS just a troll, we could assume Pokebeach's webmaster told Serebii of the letter. So this troll could spread if both Pokebeach's Webmaster (sry whats his name) and Serebii believe its real. WE should be the ones taking action and at least have them double-check if its legit.

Don't worry ... people are already contacting the appropriate channels

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ^a'ight I just don't want to see all the screenshots taken down from the fansites that they had worked so hard to find just because of some troll.

Years
    Hmm what if the webmaster of Pokebeach made it...and sent it to himself and then to Serebii to get them to take down their pics while they keep thiers and get more viewers...I'm overthinking things huh?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    ^a'ight I just don't want to see all the screenshots taken down from the fansites that they had worked so hard to find just because of some troll.

I would laugh if PokeBeach's owner and Serebii, among others, actually head out to kick that troll's butt severely for inconveniencing all of us Pokemon fans like this. :cer_laugh: I'm doubting whether the origin of the email, if it is a troll, will actually be traced, though...

Years
    Why is the title of this thread so funny to me... XD

ANYWAYS, I have no idea if this a hoax or the real deal... Some of the things pointed out though makes me think this could all just be some troll act or something. Especially the letter first saying "we", then "me" as I believe someone stated. But WPM actually contacting the person who sent him the letter makes this seem pretty legit... X_X

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back