• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Gamecube most durable game system!

Pokemon Master #1

BILLIE fanboy.
Years
  • Has anybody seen the episode of X-play where Morgan Webb starts dropping and smashing The Nintedo Gamecube Sony Playstation 2 and Microsoft X-box?Well if you haven't then here's the results:
    PS2-Is unable to turn on after dropping a weight on it from the top of a ladder.
    X-box-Is unable to turn on after droppin a weight on it from the top of a ladder, pounded on the side with sledge hammer, and dropped off a high balcony.
    GCN-Got a weight dropped on it from the top of a ladder, punded on it's side with sledge hammer, and dropped off high balcony and still worked!
    And afterwards they tried it again and the results came out exactly the same.
    After that the PS2 and the X-box got smashed up some more for breaking (this has to be console abuse)!
    I think Nintendo deserves a hand for making a tough game system!

Last edited:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I saw that episode. All three consoles are tough, but the tests were pretty biased. The Xbox's weight would obviously cause it to take the last test pretty hard.
    And all it shows is that the console can take more wear and tear it should never see. o_O

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    I saw that episode. All three consoles are tough, but the tests were pretty biased. The Xbox?s weight would obviously cause it to take the last test pretty hard.
    And all it shows is that the console can take more wear and tear it should never see. o_O
    Well the last test would probably be the most likely to happen as an accident in real life, that and the first one. I don't think anyone would accidently whack a console like a golf ball though (meh, none lost in that round anyways). Though, especially at times like when moving, dropping the consoles/stuff onto the consoles could happen, and its nice to know the PS2 and X-Box couldn't survive them but the Gamecube can =]

I remember some video game magazine saying they flushed a GBA down the toilet and it still worked. That and someone sent in a letter saying they accidenlty froze/unfroze their GBC several times in late winter and it still worked (with the save file on Pokemon Silver, which was in it at the time, intact).

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Yeah, true. Still though, it was really funny to watch the weight in the first test just deflect off of the Xbox. XD They dropped it from awfully high though, and same with the weight. Dang. Not to mention the GCN cover wouldn't close without excessive force after. Ahh, X-play. Last good show on G4TechTV.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Now would be your chance to catch it Piro, with X-day going on all day today. XP

Shinin

Banned
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    I saw that episode. All three consoles are tough, but the tests were pretty biased. The Xbox?s weight would obviously cause it to take the last test pretty hard.
    Biased? X-Play? Gamecube? Yeah right. X-Play hates the GCN.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I didn't mean it to come off like that. I wouldn't say that hate the GCN, either. I just mean the nature of the last test really hurt the Xbox because of its weight.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
  • Kairi said:

Accually, I forgot that my GC was in my travel bag, and I dropped it off a 2nd story landing, it was on the bottom of the travel bag with a lot of magizines, books, graphic novels, and other heavy electronic cords, and it still works like it did when I pulled it fresh out of the box! :D

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
  • It's good to make them durable. Since Nintendo knows that many of us are accidents waiting to happen, they probably went ahead and just made it more stronger for the sake of it. They probably know that someone will drop it sooner or later. :P

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • I agree with Abby, it's a kinda biased test. Though I still think Nintendo may have the most durable system, most of those situations will never happen.
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    well then that is the x-box's fault for making a system that heavy.
    But balcony/ladder dropping and sledgehammer abuse isn't very realistic. Possible, but not realistic. Perhaps.. dropping it waist-high multiple times? I dunno.

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    Actually i know a few people who have dropped there gamecube out of there 2 story window/balcony eh... they still work perfectly :P

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    You know, it strikes me as odd that Sony has the least durable system out there, and they made it even skinnier. What the heck is up with that?

That said, All I can say to you all who drop your systems on purpose to see if they still work is, I'm not replacing them. Not my problem. Of course, they didn't put "durable enough to withstand sledgehammer bludgeoning" on the side of the systems, so THEY probably won't replace a shattered system either.

Accidental, I understand, but when you do things like that on purpose... yeah... There's some issues that need to be worked out...

"OK. Today, we're going to see if the PS2, XBox and GCube can handle an accidental sledgehammer bludgeoning. Let me just hit the bottle one more time... ... (Bubbling Sounds)... ... Ok, man. We're all set."

(Slams hammer down on the three systems.) "Dude, did you see those pieces go everywhere? Man, I didn't know those systems could break into that many pieces... Dude, I think that's your Memory Card..."

Sorry, ranting again.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • What if you're just moving into your apartment on the second floor and your TV is near the balcony? You're bringing the console over to your TV and you trip, sending your X-Box/PS2/GCN out the door and over the railing. Doesn't it make you feel safer to know that the system will be okay? XD

Heh, I saw this episode, actually. :3 It really amused me. ^^; I wasn't too surprised, either. Nintendo is known for their durable systems, I believe. I remember reading an issue of Nintendo Power in which people wrote in about things that had happened to their Gameboys without rendering them useless. o_O

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    You know, it strikes me as odd that Sony has the least durable system out there, and they made it even skinnier. What the heck is up with that?
    If you haven't noticed, Sony products are lazy pieces of dookie that always break; game consoles, walkmen, headphones, CD players, etc. made by Sony all break down within the first year of use 87% of the time (I got one of the lucky PS2s, my dads doesn't play half of his games [in perfect condition themselves] though).

Well saying Sony headphones are bad isn't saying much. >>
    *has a huge pile of Sony and non-Sony headphones that all stopped working after a month of use*

Back