• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Gamecube most durable game system!

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    The thing is, my PS2 has fallen only once, and my San Andreas was in there, it somehow got messed up. I wonder how..... Had to buy a new one. also on my PS2 the open button is VERRRRY loose.(sometimes does not work) but the PS2 is still alive. my GCN has fallen like 5 times, and I got it when it first came out, the worst thing that happened to it was the one of the rubber thing on the bottom fell of, and it got a very small chipped off piece, and it works perfectly fine still, and it fell of the top of a 32' TV.

Scizor V

"Whatever happens, happens."
    Years
    Shinin said:
    That's awesome. This shows that Nintendo is better.
    No it isn't, well its just on if you keep droping it or don't have a safe place to put it and leave it at the edge o_O;
    Brittany said:
    GenoMew said:
    Ultimately this has nothing to do with the gameplay performance of either console.

Yeah XD
    I don't really care if I can drop my consoles off a cliff anyway XD
    LOL, I know same here.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    HellishHades said:
    broken system = no gameplay || performance;

Cough, how often do you pick up your ps2 and drop it on the ground and then step on it? "Oops, accidently hit it with a sledge hammer."

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    GenoMew said:
    Cough, how often do you pick up your ps2 and drop it on the ground and then step on it? "Oops, accidently hit it with a sledge hammer."
    Definetly. Frankly, I wouldn't care if a GameCube could survive an Atomic bomb. If it's games [in general] suck [in my opinion], I won't waste my money on it.

*accidently drives over GameCube* :P

Hmm. I hope I'm not getting repetitive XD

Scizor V

"Whatever happens, happens."
    Years
    I didn't buy the gamecube (my brother did) he liked some games on it.. now we don't play it anymore and its stashed inside the cabinet. But the ps2 & xbox we do play :P

!Verb said:
    Gamecube has to be strong when droped, because oh so many people drop it to the ground when they realized what they bought. :)

Pokemon Master #1

BILLIE fanboy.
    Years
    I dissagree.

Brittany said:
    Definetly. Frankly, I wouldn't care if a GameCube could survive an Atomic bomb. If it's games [in general] suck [in my opinion], I won't waste my money on it.

*accidently drives over GameCube* :P

Hmm. I hope I'm not getting repetitive XD
    Gamecube games don't suck they rule.*Sends the Gamecube that Brittany ran over to Nintendo for fixing*.And even if you did drive over the Gamecube, who would leave it on the ground?

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    GenoMew said:

That depends on how many crazy friends you have...

If you abuse your electronics, they will break, no matter which brand you have.

Knuckles

5th Place In Graphix
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Well,my friend's PS2 two from a 3 and a half inch tv. It was broken. My GameCube fell twice and it's fine.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I'm gonna have to protest now. This is starting to sound more like a Gamecube bash thread, and frankly that isn't fair.

Regardless of who you are, bashing anything, even if it's jsut a video game system, is against the rules.

Triumphant Chaos

...Blah.
    Years
    Hmm... I've seen problems with nintendo systems, of course it was the old gameboy pocket, and it's because of my brother's stupidity that it happened.

Note to all - Gameboys will not survive batteries exploding inside them.

:) On another note, I love my PS2, and never considered even buying GameCube because I wouldn't use it. As many people have said in many different words - You bought the system to play games on, not to drop it, or hit it, or do anything else that could possibly cause it to break. Accidents happen, yes, but let's not do anything accidentally-on-purpose that could cause big bucks to fix.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Though even in such simple accidents such as it falling from a coffee table can be devastating to a PS2. And unless you want to cradle it like an egg for the rest of the time you have it, then it's good to know that Gamecube is much more durable. A friend of mine, named Nick, his PS2 hardly went anywhere. It stayed on his coffee table almost all year long. And do you know what happened to it? I'll tell you. It started with a disk read error on occasion. Nothing too serious. a week later, it woudl only read certain games, one or two of his collection. a month later, it would only read one game and woudl do nothing else. A week after that, it stopped completely. and he did nothing to it. He in the end had to replace it. Another 200$ dollars out of his pocket. after barely a year of play.

My friend's gamecube, however, was accidentally dropped from a two story window during a vacation and worked liek he'd just taken it out of the box.

My gamecube which i've had for two years has out lived a Ps2 gotten around teh same time by half a year. and my gamecube is in such a condition that promises to run for several years afterward.

So in teh end, I'm glad I can trust my gamecube to work for me. At least I don't get that annoying disk read error that every PS2 gets eventually. :P

Back