• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

War of the Worlds (excuse the lame title. XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
  • I know that "War of the Worlds" is a book, but this has nothing to do with aliens, okiday? It's a bit of a mix of "Dragon Rider", "Zanzarah", and numerous other resources. ^_~

We, humans, only know of two worlds. The world that we live on, and the "other world". Humans can only access one of these worlds freely; they are stopped by a barrier of life or death from entering the other one. However, while humans can only live in one in a lifetime, there is another world where creatures beyond our wildest imaginations exist. This "third world" is home to many fantastic beasts that are only thought to exist in our head by many. Dragons. Basilisks. Brownies. These and countless more live peacefully in their world, as we do our own.
    But, new cutting-edge techknowledgy has enabled human beings the access their third world. At first all was well, and humans found friendship with many of these creatures. But, unfortunetly, humans have one thing that they can never satify-- greed. And when they want something, they will get it. So, these creatures are struggling to regain freedom and peace over their world. Some are trying to form a pact of peace with the humans. And some, as there are in humans, want to kill them all off.

You can be a dragon, fairy, elf, demon, whatever. Any "fantastic beast". Or you could be a human. You could be good or "evil". You could join and sit around and not know who you are or why you joined in the first place and what other billion things you could be doing than struggling to post a four-line post in this thread. I don't care, but I wouldn't recemmend the last one. ^^;

I also won't have any sign-up sheets, because every character is worth a thousand words, and I'll let you choose how to describe them. ^_~ I'll start after a few join, but any amounts welcome too. (Dunno how many people are in this subforum. XD)

My character (may add more later):
    Name: Goku
    Species: Spotted Forest Brownie
    Physical description: Goku is a young Brownie, she looks mostly like any other. She has spotted, sulfur-yellow fur and bright, catlike eyes.
    Personality: She's pretty much a smart-mouthed, sarcastic character. XD

Years
  • Name: Unknown
    Species: not one anyone knows.
    Appearence: First things first, she has the body appearence of an upright wolf, though her body is covered in hard pointed scales running down her body. Her eyes are glowing red, and her hands act like a human's, though are covered in scales and end in huge claws. Her tail is actually lizardlike, though only long enough to be able to drag along the ground, though it doesn't unless she is too injured or sick to keep her tail off the ground. her feet are wolf-like, and she does not wear shoes over them at all. On her back are a pair of humongous wings, simaler to that of a dragon's, that are powerful enough to lift thier host off the ground and fly. Her muzzle is also covered in the same scales, though smaller. Around her neck, she wears a gold necklace with a black diamond set in it.
    Abilities: Flying, and when her internals heat up, and she opens her mouth, if it's glowing orange, run, because it normally indicates that she's going to burst out an enormous fire attack. She can also spit sludge all over her enemies, that acts as powerful acid, though it hurts her to use the attack and she must recuperate afterward. Obviously, her claws make powerful weapons, her strength is beyond anything short of an adult dragon.
    Personality: Lonor, her past is unknown, other then the fact that she became vilont when her mate died. She seems to have a tendency to target dragons to release her rage, though why is uncertain...

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • Name: Nidhoggr
    Species: Dragon
    Age: He stopped keeping count around 19,000, the best estimate he could give now is about 27 or so millenia.
    Looks: None to be certain of, he is probably the best shapeshifter this world has ever seen, from different types of dragons, to different species, he can become a flawless copy of anyone or anything, though he prefers to be magnificent dragons of varying sizes.
    Powers: He has mastered the art of shapeshifting to the point of perfection, as well as knowing many powerful spells, being a very skilled mage-dragon. That's not to mean he's physically weak though, as like all dragons, he has a coat of near impervious scales, even on his underside. As well as the usual claws, teeth, and we can't forget the inferno breath, now can we?
    History: After a grueling duel with another dragon of power nearly equal to his own, believing to have lost what he valued above anything else, he utterly destroyed his foe, body, mind and soul. Afterwards, he took to brooding for many centuries, before returning to life in general, though he was a changed person. He views all living creatures as potential enemies, albeit probably weak ones, and allows his rust to no one.
    Personality: I'm fairly incompetent at describing personalities, so I'll just let you all find out. He is decidedly neutral on the scale of good and evil, he won't be cruel, but expect no more than ambivalence from him.

Last edited:

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • Name: Akira
    Species: Phoenix
    Physical description: later I'll have a pic.
    Personality: She has a firey personality and loves to have fun. She is quiet though and calm. She is very friendly but only to other creatures of the third world. She used to like humans until her sister was killed by one.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • OOC: At a lack of things to do (I'm forcing myself off of RuneScape. XD) I'll start this now. There's alway room for more members, of course! ^^ Flygon, your character sounds like a mix between a werewolf and a wyvern. O_o;

Goku yawned again. She was bored. She had been, since the humans came. THey took over many parts of their land, and she suffered from lack of food; and something to do. She used to have a silver dragon for a companion. One of the few remaining silver dragons. Of course, he was bigger than the humans. Bigger, stronger. And when something gets in the way of humans, something better than them, they destroy it. Her family of Brownies had gotten caputed and killed, too. She yawned again, then got up and stretched. She decided to go into the forest, the forest not controlled by the humans' metal monters. She started her journey of about 5 yards toward the edge of the trees, pricking her feet with the pines on the ground as she walked.

Alana

Years
  • Akira sat on a branch high in a giant tree deep in the forest. She wasn't asleep though her eyes were closed. She heard a cracking trig and ruffled her feathers. She could tell what it was by the sound it made as it walked. Just a small creature. She told herself calmly. Right now she was looking for something to eat. But at the moment she didn't feel like flying around in search of her favorite foods so she was waiting for a creature to lead her to it.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • Goku hopped along, ocaacionally stopping to sniff at a plant or take an experimental bite out of it. Finally she came to what she was looking for-- a patch of mushrooms. She bend down and put one hand on her hip and the other rummaging through the mushrooms. She put one up to her nose and siffed it. She made a face. "Deathcaps. All Deathcaps." Food was scarce, and she could be desperate sometimes. But not yet desprate enough to eat poisonous mushrooms. She got and skipped through the forest once again.

Years
  • I lived in the mountainous regions, alone. I woke after a long, cold night of slumber and got to my feet. I was out in the open, but my reasoning for awakening was not because I had slept enough. i heard voices. Human voices. I howled, sending the wolf-like voice over the moutaintops. Once I quieted, I heard the shouts of alarm from the humans, and bullets hit my tough scales, bouncing off, and I was already warming up preparing for a fire assult on the insolent humans.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Name: Kriss
    Age: 25 in Dragonoid years, old beyond comprehension in human years.
    Species: Dragonoid
    Class: Mage fighter.
    Appearance: has scaly green skin covering his entire body. He has clawed fingers and toes like a dragon and large, 10 foot expansive wings like a dragon, but his basic body build is that of a human. He has dark brown horns that sweep back from the top of his head, and a rounded muzzle with razor sharp teeth. he wears a black tunic and wrist bands. He's eight feet tall with blue eyes so deep they seem to reach into the very soul of the person he looks at.
    Personality: Despite his fearsome appearance, he is quite calm and sagely. He has insight into life that other dragonoids dreamed for, and is a master martial artists and magic practitioner. He makes his money taking odd jobs that require his skills.
    History: Grew up among the Daragon mountain valley. He and his fellow Dragonoids lived peacefully, but when threat of war came from the Goblins living on the mountain top, they were forced into a confrontation they were ill prepared for. in the end, they managed to push off the invading goblin swarms, but at a close personal cost... Kriss learned how to fight and defend the weak in order to overcome the pains of his past losses.
    Weapons: Mostly uses his legs and fists, but he also has a staff used for both magic and both offensive and defensive combat.

Last edited:

Dragon Paw

Lonely Fire Demon Dragon
    Years
  • OOC: Soz for the late posty ^^;

Name: Suisho
    Race: Dragon
    Appearance: in her normal form she loks like a white furry opalescent dragon with golden opalescent chest plates and a pearly pink opalsecent mane. She has rainbow eyes and long sensory whiskers.
    Powers: Elemental Control. She can change her form into any kind of dragon as well.
    Weakness: Very bad defence and stamina. Using an elemental power for an hour or more gives her a killer headache and makes her vision blurry.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Kriss sat meditating in the forest, his muscular arms at rest against his knees. The waters of the waterfall pounded at his back, testing his concentration and focus. Ignoring the water pummeling his body, he focused on extending his senses to beyuond his body, to feel what existed beyond his normal perception.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • She stopped suddenly, hearing the sound of wings. Goku sniffed at the air, but the strong scent from the surronding trees blocked my sense from anything else.
    "Who's there?" she called out uneasily. Hopefully not something big, she thought.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Finally done with his meditating for now, Kriss opened his eyes slowly and observed himself floating several meters in the air. He breathed slowly as he descended back to the grounded. As soon as he felt the stone beneath him again, he stood up and began wading through the lake to the shore. As soon as he was on dry land, he picked up the nearby towel and set otu to dry himself off. His tunic hung nearby on a branch to keep it dry, as well as his staff and staff case. Once he was dry, he put his tunic back on, picked up his staff, and set to hiking through the woods back to where he had set up camp.

Dragon Paw

Lonely Fire Demon Dragon
    Years
  • Suisho floated above the forest. She let the air current high above the trees carry her over the center of the forest. She sighed softly as she began to decast the air magic that allowed her to float. Suisho slowly floated down towards a clearing in the center of the forest below her. She landed with a soft thump as the last of the magic she was using subsided. She sighed and looked down at her bird liek feet whiel being oblivious to the prescence of others around her.

Alana

Years
  • OOC: Are you talking to me?

Akire opened one beady eyes. She glanced down towards the forest floor and spotted a Brownie. She spread her wings and sort of floated down to the ground. "Hello." She said quietly. "Would you know where I can find some Peletras berries?" Though some Phoenix 's ate small creatures she prefered berries. A vegatairian Phoenix . That was odd but she wasn't full vegan. She did sometimes eat meat. Tjough only when nothing else was around.

OOC: Duh who else in the forest has rustled their wings and is sitting in a tree right now.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • OOC: No, I was talking to a snail. XD **Sarcasm**

IC:
    The brownie girl blinked.
    "No... Never heard of that." She sighed, looked over her head, and picked a leaf off of the nearby tree.
    " I thought your type was extict when those humans came along. Mmm." She had taken a bite out of the leaf, and was now picking more. "These are very, very, tasty."

OOC: For anyone who's read "Dragon Rider", she's kinda like Sorrel. XD A brainless mushroom-muncher.

Alana

Years
  • OOC: :P

Akira looked at the leaves closely before taking a few herself. "Oak Weed aften is. But it's rare these days just like Phoenix. There are very few of us left. Humans seem to like Phoenixs more than most creatures for some odd reason. I can't see why. A fire bird is nothing to gock at. Though I suppose humans just do what they like wether they have reasons or not." She shrugged and bit off some more leaves. She hoped they would not be the last she ever tasted.

Years
  • I let out a burst of flame at the humans, setting them ablaze, and while they franticly rolled around to put out the flames, I was upon them, picking up one of the group with my claws. He looked at me with fearful eyes, till one of my claws slipped into his midsection, slicing him open, his internals spilling out, though he was still breathing. I watched the blood splatter everywhere, including over my black scales, and I finished the job, digging in the same claw into his chest, encircling the man's heart, until finally I tore it out with a growl, as he crumpled forward. I crushed the man's heart in one hand, and tossed the body aside, making a mental note to cut out the next idiot's tounge. I noticed that the others had fled in absoloute terror. had I been the person I once was, I would have cared. Instead, I laughed, taking to the sky and moving to the nearby forest.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Kriss sighed deeply, using his ability to extend his senses to smell the flowers, the dew on the leaves. He smelt some people and animals nearby, but saw it best not to interfere...

He stopped cold in his tracks, suddenly filled with the scent of blood and Fire. something really bad was happening, and judging by the strength of the scent, it was somewhere nearby. Kriss opened his wings wide and quickly took to the sky, flying in the direction of the fire with his eyes closely scanning the ground.

Years
  • I glanced around as I flew, watching for anything else alive. Seeing nothing immediatly, I dove by pinning my wings to my sides, and came to the forest. I wanted to cause destruction, badly. I aimed at the few dead trees around, and gathered my energy, heating up again, and I prepared to launch a blanket of fire to set the forest ablaze. I knew that hundreds, maybe thousands may loose thier lives in the flames. But I no longer cared. Nothing about life truly mattered to me. Death was everything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back