• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Community Idol

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
Pok?mon Community Idol

The thread disappeared during server migration, but luckily I had it saved for a repost:

OK, not sure if this should go in Other Chat or Other Entertainment so I'll put it in OC and mods can move it as necessary. I was planning to start this over a month ago, had everything all written out, and then Anthony and Shadow came along with their Singing Contest". Well, consider the SC a warm-up, here comes the real thing!

We've had Britain's Pop Idol, American Idol, <insert nationality here> Idol, even World Idol. Now it's time to bring Idol to the Internet with the Pok?mon Community Idol!

For those of you who don't know what Idol is, it's a singing competition. Thousands of people audition and are judged by a panel of three people, and a number are selected to go through to a final. After that, it's audience vote as each week has a theme for the song and one person is voted out each week.

We'll need three volunteer judges for the competition. Usually it's one nasty judge (like Nasty Simon Cowell, LOL I like him), one nice one and one somewhere in the middle, but it doesn't matter. It's probably best if judges have broadband, though, as you'll need to download every audition file. Apart from that, anyone can audition. (I don't want to judge because I want to enter.)

To audition, you need to record yourself singing a song (any song) without accompaniment. Then you compress it as MP3 or WMA and upload it XD. Please state your PC username and the song you're singing before you start. For first audition, one verse and chorus is all that's needed. You're not allowed to use effects like reverb and echo to make your voice sound better.

Auditions close... say, end of this month (March)? Then the judges need to talk to each other, whittle the auditions down to somewhere between 8 and 12 finalists and announce them (easiest way is for each judge to shortlist as many as he/she wants, then put in whoever appears on more than one shortlist), together with judge's comments on everyone (remember, you can be nasty like Nasty Simon). After that, each week each finalist has to record another song (you can use backing for the finals) that has something to do with the theme for that week. Every week the audience (ie. everyone who's not in the final) votes for the person they like best, and the one with fewest votes is out. In the last week, when there are only two people left, they have to record a set song (I thought maybe the Trainers' Song / Indigo League Theme, full version) as well as one of their own choice, there's no theme on this day.

As for weekly themes for the finals, since this is a Pok?mon Community I thought we could do some Pok?mon music themes and some other themes. Depending on the number of finalists, it would probably be 6-10 themes needed, so these are some possible themes I thought of.

POK?MON THEMES
2BA Master (a song from the "2BA Master" CD - if you don't have it, they were the songs from Pikachu's Jukebox)
Totally Pok?mon (from the Totally Pok?mon CD, or Pok?mon Karaokemon, or the soundtrack from Pok?mon 3 - the CDs even had karaoke tracks and an instrumental disc)
Pok?mon: The First Movie (any songs from that soundtrack - most of them aren't Pok?mon, so you can get them on other CDs)
Pok?mon: The Movie 2000 (these include "Pok?mon World" if you don't know any others)

OTHER THEMES
Pop
Rock/Metal/Punk (YAYYY! Have two of these, LOL - maybe one for rock/alt. rock, and one for metal/punk/hardcore - that way Good Charlotte fits both into "rock" and "punk" XD)
Japanese (you have to choose a J-Rock/J-Pop/Anime song and record that)
Rap/Hip-hop/R&B (you can use a rap/rock or rap-metal combo as well, like some of the Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit songs)
Pre-90s music
Australian music XD (hey, there is some good stuff out here! And I don't choose Australian just because I am Australian, but because most of the music you hear comes out of the US and UK. AFAIK Australian music overseas pretty much equals Kylie Minogue (bad), Jet (OK) and (in the UK) Delta Goodrem (good).)

plus you can have a "general/own-choice" theme.

So you can start recording your audition straight away, but we need three volunteer judges. Did that lengthy and somewhat confusing post make sense? XD

Remember, for auditions you can record *anything*. It's only finals that have themes.

Years
Great, I'll so definitely... try to join!
[EDIT] Maybe not... I'm sick, caught a cold..

Last edited:

HIM

Two Minutes Till Midnight
Years
I must compete. I will do Good Charlotte. Jedi, You can pick the song for me.

Years
Wierd, when I try to upload the .mp3 it says INVALID FILE TYPE.
[EDIT] I sang with the windows recorder, works now. I'm still sick, so...

Last edited:

PM2008

Fire Gym Owner
Years
I volunteer to be a judge I can be the evil or the nice judge(I have many personalities).And I have all of the requirements to be a judge :rambo:

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
Yeppy, so we have the nasty and nice judge! Anthony and PM2008. Except, Anthony, that means that you can't compete? Maybe the others can judge you. That's the good thing about having 3 judges.

Pluslechu

Uuuh...Corn?
Years
Can I post a song I sang when I was just being silly? It's not a real song, just that 'Dashing through the snow on a pair of broken skis' thing...Jus fer fun? =3 Dun have to judje it, I just feel I need somewhere to post it, cuz that's what I made it for XD

-Pluslechu

Back