• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2011
    Thanks! I just need the location in Nitro Explorer of these sprites: The Pokeball throw animation, the Trainer ID picture, and the overworld sprites. I found the icon for the player in the trgra folder, but when I changed it, nothing happened. Could you please help? Thanks!

I´m interested in that facts,too!
    I reinsert a new "Trainer Back" but the Sprite of the Trainer changes(to the Original one), when he threw the Pokeball. I used PokeDsPic and edited the "trbgra.narc".
    Does anyone know a solution or an alternativ?????Please help

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2009
    Hi, I have been actively viewing this thread for almost all of today. I got an account so i could ask some questions about this. I recently downloaded PokeTEX and I can't get any of the roms to work. I tried a Japanese Diamond ROM and then I replaced the list.txt file with the listus.txt file that was given out on the fourth page here, and it still isn't working. I don't know why. It just shows a warning screen or something, then nothing happens.

And I've tried the ROM's on the Emulator and it works. I've check videos on youtube, and I've read nearly every post here. If I can get PokeTEX to work, then I'm sure I could contribute a lot in this thread!

Please help me out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2009
    I do use a US ROM, nothing happens but a warning screen. Maybe somebody can make a vid of how to open it or something? I tried tilemolester but i kept saying it was missing some language file or something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    The offsets given in the list.txt in Poketex all start with <b>TEX</b>** now the two *'s after TEX can be a number of things. Im not sure if they represent different types of textures or whatnot. But the texture "types" i found in my hex editor are as follows:

Spoiler:

i not really sure wether this is actually helpfull or not. :cool:

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Thanks! I just need the location in Nitro Explorer of these sprites: The Pokeball throw animation, the Trainer ID picture, and the overworld sprites. I found the icon for the player in the trgra folder, but when I changed it, nothing happened. Could you please help? Thanks!
    I don't know where the pokeball throw animation is for DP. In Platinum it is in trbgra.narc but cannot be edited with PokeDSPic.

For overworld sprite use the lists that Trunks(D-Trogh) posted above and PokeTEX.

I´m interested in that facts,too!
    I reinsert a new "Trainer Back" but the Sprite of the Trainer changes(to the Original one), when he threw the Pokeball. I used PokeDsPic and edited the "trbgra.narc".
    Does anyone know a solution or an alternativ?????Please help
    You need to find the Pokeball Throw Sequence for DP.

EDIT:

The Pokeball Throw Sequences for DP are stored in \battle\graphic\batt_obj.narc

If you unpack the narc file then you can find them at files 195-202 and the corresponding palettes in files 47-54.

The offsets in the ROM are:
    Start of First Palette:
    0x01CEB92C
    Start of Last Palette:
    0x01CEC844

each palette is 0x228 bytes long.

First Pokeball Throw Sequence:
    Hero M: 0x01CF8054
    Hero F: 0x01CF9768
    Rival: 0x01CFADC4
    Cheryl: 0x01CFC308
    Riley: 0x01CFDA18
    Marley: 0x01CFEF04
    Buck: 0x01D00454
    Mira: 0x01D017D8

These images are not encrypted so some manipulation with Tile Molester should work.

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • The offsets given in the list.txt in Poketex all start with TEX** now the two *'s after TEX can be a number of things. Im not sure if they represent different types of textures or whatnot. But the texture "types" i found in my hex editor are as follows:
    Spoiler:
    i not really sure wether this is actually helpfull or not. :cool:
    It's not helpful because it's WRONG..
    TEX0 is the type-name of the 'file' located at that offset.. ;)
    (The offsets point to where the texture files start.)
    The next four bytes contain the total size of that TEX0 'file'..

Edit:
    SCV, if I read that post before I could've saved you the work to search for them, lol :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    ok yeah, that makes sense:knockedou anyway if found one texture that is kinda interesting but im not sure were exactly it is in the game.
    Spoiler:

Hey Trunks o_0 you can add these to your list they r the UG Pokedoll Textures
    *These are for Diamond, for the Pearl offsets add 28 "in hex" to the offset*
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    i downloaded no$GBA once but i didnt know the controls so i deleted it and i want it again, but my computer wont let me extract .ZIP files.
    my other computer will let me but it has no inernet and i lost my memory stick so....
    can someone thik up a solution please because i am stuck

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2009
    can someone help me with the text in Diamond?

I want to edit the text in PKM Diamond into my language, so I'm looking for a software can help me.

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
    Years
  • Yeah, it totally sucks when people won't just do whatever you want, I can barely stand to think of what a hardship it must have been.

thanks for the sarcasem E-bag,i was wondering how it would take for some good ole' sarcasem.any way i posted a new video on youtube be sure to check it out here:
    www:youtube:com/watch?v=AQe6G1z0SE8
    (replace : with . i havent gooten 15 postes yet)
    in this video i basically edited some textures in jubilife.i could only do one quwadrand because of littlie time.sorry its slow because i had to use a slow computer cause i'm moveing.
    i also heard thhat we could edit scripts.how are they in hex i wanted to edit some scripts as proof. any way happy new year

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • thanks for the sarcasem E-bag,i was wondering how it would take for some good ole' sarcasem.any way i posted a new video on youtube be sure to check it out here:
    www:youtube:com/watch?v=AQe6G1z0SE8
    (replace : with . i havent gooten 15 postes yet)
    in this video i basically edited some textures in jubilife.i could only do one quwadrand because of littlie time.sorry its slow because i had to use a slow computer cause i'm moveing.
    i also heard thhat we could edit scripts.how are they in hex i wanted to edit some scripts as proof. any way happy new year
    Yes we can edit some scripts. But I think that giving the information as to what you did to edit a certain part is much better than making a video about it. See Pichu2000's guide to hacking DP http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157092 for some information about scripting. So far its very minimal. I posted how to find and change the trainer battle scripts. But you can change the battles anyways with my editor. So that's not of too much use. Actually it could be, sort of, useful if you add trainers to a route using the info I put about person events and then edit a battle that the game doesn't use and then put the right value to get that battle.

Idea for video: Make it so that there is another trainer in a position near the first trainer such that you get into a double battle. (This cannot be one of the trainers already in the route it must be a completely new trainer).

All the information you need is in the thread I linked to above.

Now I am wondering, do you mind telling us what you did for your map hack videos? Was it just editing the map stuff that Pichu2000 mentioned? Or have you found something new?

Last edited:

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
    Years
  • no i don't mind telling you SCV i'm makeing a modle and texture list for diamond, and i alrready checed out the thread before. any way thanks for the idea i might use it, but i was thinking of makeing some people say some thing different and then walk you around

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back