• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Sorry, but I don't understand press "h", but when I press the button continue the same, other thing is when I open thenewpoketext.exe, I write the Rom's name in "romname" and after the program create a file called tmp_"rom's name" and don't open nothing.

Maybe anybody teach me use patchedintro.xml in thenewpoketext?
    for what the "batch" in the file?
    Teach me please !
    For I learn fast, you can use image or videos!

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Sorry, but I don't understand press "h", but when I press the button continue the same, other thing is when I open thenewpoketext.exe, I write the Rom's name in "romname" and after the program create a file called tmp_"rom's name" and don't open nothing.

Maybe anybody teach me use patchedintro.xml in thenewpoketext?
    for what the "batch" in the file?
    Teach me please !
    For I learn fast, you can use image or videos!
    1) Put the rom in the same directory as thenewpoketext.

2) Type the name of the rom when you enter poketext (I thought that was pretty self explanatory)

3) Enter "h" into the command prompt and you will see the different commands that you can use.

4) Enter "patch patchedintro.xml"

5) Enter "mkrom new.nds"

Then open new.nds with no$gba and start a new game.

Last edited:

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Dude, When I put the rom's name and press the letter "h" in command prompt write "h"
    It's very confused. Don't you have videos or pictures?
    Is that clear enough for you? That tells you what the commands are.
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • I use Pokemon Platinum rom, but I hope patched intro change the name selection in Pokemon Platinum, what changes happens with patched intro?

My msn is [email protected]
    This probably won't work how you want it to for platinum. The program looks to edit things in msg.narc but if there are things in pl_msg.narc that you want edited they won't be.

Do you know Japanese?

Otherwise it is not a good idea to edit the text for platinum.

Years
  • Oh man, are you kidding? I want too much change the name selection in Pokemon Platinum!
    Can you try change the Name Selection Box in Pokemon Platinum into English?
    Man if you can, you are the BEST POKEMON HACKER!

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Oh man, are you kidding? I want too much change the name selection in Pokemon Platinum!
    Can you try change the Name Selection Box in Pokemon Platinum into English?
    Man if you can, you are the BEST POKEMON HACKER!
    Well, that would be more work that its worth. Just wait for the US Platinum release. Only a bit more than two months now. There are many more things for us to worry about for DPP hacking than changing the name selection. Sorry.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • PPRE beta 0.02

Congragulations SCV! its gerate that we finally have a script editor! and sorry about my video and modle list, i have lots of school work, so... i coludnt even check tjis thread for a while.
    Thanks.

I got rid of a nasty bug where I was trying to make arrays of negative size. All scripts should now display properly.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2011
    You know, looking through here, no one answers the question. If you make your own sprites for D/P on Paint or Photoshop, how can you import them into PokeTEX? Do you need some program? A certain file? (If so, how do you make one?) This would help a lot. Not just me, but many people who want to use more than a recolour or previous characters from the game.

Litengaupe

I asploded. =D
    Years
  • Okay.
    Basically, what I want to do, is edit the male trainers sprite, to my Johto protoganist revamp overworld. But I don't understand how to. I have PokeTex, but when I try to import a new sprite sheet, with the correct dimensions and everything, the image just appears blank. I know you lot are busy and all, but could you just tell me what I'm doing wrong, and the correct method of performing this...?
    Thanks alot <3

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • what do you mean Sceptile Leaf?
    any ways I got my model list done and now its in the documents and tutorials and is called:
    Pokemon d/p/p model list
    By the way, you missed alot of values. Also alot of the red block things you put are actually other models that maybe did not display right because of the method you used.

and i need help with scripting,so it would be great if SCV could give me a table of all the commands.
    Well, it would be great if I have a full list of commands. Sadly I don't. I am working towards it. It will take quite a while to get them all.

If you tell me what exactly you are trying to do I can tell you whether I have those commands yet.

Years
  • what do you mean Sceptile Leaf?
    any ways I got my model list done and now its in the documents and tutorials and is called:
    Pokemon d/p/p model list
    and i need help with scripting,so it would be great if SCV could give me a table of all the commands.

Which is the exact reason you shouldn't be asking for help with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back