• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted [T] [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    APOLLO
    A Journey of the Gifted
    spiritual successor to PANDORA: A Journey of the Fallen
    IC THREAD / OOC THREAD

Apollo, a glorious, raw paradise far from home. A land full of endless possibilities only seen in the dreams of the ambitious and the adventurous. That is, until now.​
    Dear World,

My name is Arden Stone, Pokémon Professor. Now, I know the world has not seen me for many, many years and I apologise. I have been so caught up in my world that I forgot that there was one outside my own. Never-the-less, I left my discovery a little too late to share with the world and it is only a matter or time before my sickness inevitably takes me. By the time you have received this message, I will already be gone.

Do not be sad though, as I bring wonderful news! Throughout your life you may have heard stories about the mysterious Apollo region. I am sending this message to the world to announce that it truly does exist! How do I know? It is because I have called it my home for the last thirty years. It truly is as wonderful as the stories tell and now, as a parting gift between me and you, I am going to let you on a little secret: Apollo hides, throughout its land, wonderful treasures. I speak of treasures that will keep your family fed and comfortable for many, many generations. I speak of the ancient treasures of the nobles who lived here many years ago, if you know the stories well. If you don't, let me recall them for you:

"Long ago, there was a time in Apollo where humans and Pokémon co-existed peacefully. The King and Queen at the time were a kind and just pair, insisting the land was sacred and was to be shared with all, including the Pokémon who came before. The equilibrium between city and forest was perfect and four Pokémon appeared before the King and Queen to reward them for this. These four Pokémon were known as the Swords of Justice, and presented the King and Queen with beads known as Sols. Each Sol was infused with a different power and when worn, could enhance one's life. The King and Queen distributed the Sols throughout the people, who exchanged them like marbles to find the perfect combination for their lifestyle. The King and Queen were given a final Sol, the Sol of Gaea, one that was said to grant any wish of the wearer before the Swords of Justice returned to their homes in the forest.

While the people insisted that the Sol of Gaea be shared among the people, the Queen insisted that the wish of man was too easily corrupted and kept it on her self at all times, as her only wish was to see Apollo and its people florish. The people began to rebel and a civil war broke out, with the King sacrificing himself to help the Queen escape the angry mobs, fueled by the jealous words of greedy men. Eventually, all of Apollo became a battlefield. The war lasted decades until there was nobody left to fight.

"Apollo was left to nature and Pokémon to be rebuilt and since then, no human has tainted its soil."​

It is said that before she disappeared, the Queen hid the treasures of Apollo and the Sol of Gaea somewhere on in Apollo, protected by challenges and puzzles which only one with a pure heart and willc could solve and discover. Though I never could, and never will, I hope you that you can continue my legacy and revive Apollo.

Thank you and goodbye.​

~*~​

It has been roughly six weeks since the death of the esteemed professor, Dr. Arden Stone, which came as a surprise to everyone; he had not been seen or heard from for 30 years since he boarded a boat and promised to find 'Apollo'. His annoucement was played and replayed several times over radio, television, the internet, even on billboards. A famous professor whose work on Geology, Geography and Pokémon Biology (mainly researching why different Pokémon were found in different areas) was influential to the entire world. His popularity in the '80s is comparable to that of the Pokémon Professor Samuel Oak. His disappearance shocked all and though search parties were sent out months afterwards, no body or wreck was found. Everyone presumed he had drowned to the bottom of the ocean somewhere or had been taken away by a flock of Pelippers.

Along with his videos, co-ordinates to the mythical Apollo were also released. Skeptical at first, explorers were amazed to find that the island existed. It was a fair boat ride (a three full-day trip on a ferry) but there was a gold pot at the end of the rainbow; Apollo's fauna and flora was far different from any other region. Dozens of scientists flocked to the region to sample and research it and with them, explorers, treasure hunters and aspiring trainers searching for fortunes or a new adventure.

Dr. Hazel Jacobi is a renowned archaeologist, treasure hunter and philanthropist, known for her charity work and donations to those who need it. Hearing of this 'amazing treasure of Apollo', Dr. Jacobi sent out an open call for trainers and adventurers alike (since she's not as young as she used to and her back isn't really up to the job on an adventure like this), with a lovely reward of half of the treasure to whoever can find it first. You have approached or been approached by Dr. Jacobi and inquired about this opportunity; you may be a trainer looking for an adventure or a normal person in dire need of money. Whatever it is, you accept this challenge and with the funding and supplies from your now dearest acquaintance, set off for Apollo.

This journey is a race. And there are no rules but win. Do what you need; collaborate, intimidate or eliminate. Along the way, there will be puzzles and riddles you'll be required to work out and items to collect, each crucial to the solving the mystery of the treasure. Apollo is dotted with campsites filled with merchants and other trainers and roads to help travellers find their way. At the beginning of your journey, you will be given a starter Pokémon, a bag of basic supplies (one Potion, five Pokéballs, an Escape Rope, Water, matches, a small knife, a tarpaulin and a blanket), 1500P, a PokéDex to track performace, position and Pokémon, and a single Sol on a bracelet. If you need anything else, you'll need to buy it, earn it, find it, make it or steal it.

As secrets and mysteries are a key role in this roleplay, sign-ups are going to be written a little differently. There will only be four options available for you but that doesn't mean put less effort into it. You can write as much as you like! The only thing I specifically ask is that your roleplay sample be a sum up of the day(s) you contacted, met and spoke to Dr. Hazel Jacobi. If you need a summary of what she is like, how old she is, etc., give me a PM! If you just want to go with the flow, have fun with it!

Name:
    Preferred Starter Pokémon:
    Appearance:
    Roleplay Sample:

List of Available Pokémon:
    Spoiler:

accepted players

• October Carter - 雷影 イチロ
      Spoiler:
    • Barry Lorantos - Golden Rayquaza
      Spoiler:
    • Yukari Shimazaki - KagamiChan
      Spoiler:
    • Timothy Stern - Ewery1
      Spoiler:
    • Anise Briar - Kranic
      Spoiler:
    • Benjamin Whistler - Skymin
      Spoiler:
    • Sean Fisher - Kiklion
      Spoiler:
    • Akane Kojima - Ponysaur54
      Spoiler:
    • Akira Johnson - DarkMoonPhase
      Spoiler:
    • Anselme Ducreux - Geras32
      Spoiler:
    • Alan Destin - The Final Watchman
      Spoiler:
    • Daniel O'Neil - Manska
      Spoiler:
    • Sadie Hunt - Quicksand.
      Spoiler:

rules

• Follow all PokéCommunity and Roleplay Corner rules.
    • This roleplay is rated T for Teen. The use of coarse language or sexual references is forbidden.
    • Activity is essential, this is a race afterall. Please, do not bother signing up if you do not think you can keep up.
    • If you are catching Pokémon or walking to a not-yet annouced area, please end your post before the ball hits the Pokémon or before you reach the town/camp/route/etc. Catching Pokémon will depend on post quality (which I decide) and a dice roll and towns will be annouced and detailed before trainers arrive.
    • Please be fair. If battling, stealing from or sabotaging another player, be realistic. You can't just set everything on fire.
    • Do not post SPAM or go off-topic.
    • Most of all, enjoy yourself! If you have any problems at all, please, do share them with me.

miscellaneous

songs to listen to
    come back every now and again to get some hip new beats to listen to while you write apollo posts
    we can make the world stop - glitch mob
    pop culture - madeon
    you wanna know - don broco

credit to
    kel and declan for basically picking all those starters
    the rp group on skype because you guys are usually pretty great so hey let's just acknowledge it anyway
    everyone who participated last time, to help me learn from my mistakes

art credit
    Beachcliffe Village - Harbour Town
    Route 1 - Forest 5
    Camp Kangaskahn - The Sacred Flame - Wagon Camp

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • October Felicia Carter -
    231.gif

Appearance:

Standing in at around five foot nine inches, October is on par in height with her female peers, while standing close to shoulder height with the male peers she surrounds herself with. Her long, flowing, soft Auburn hair falls down to shoulder height, resting on her shoulders and flowing over until the tips pass her clavicle. For the majority of the time, she wears her hair down, but when things begin to get competitive or intense, she will tie her hair back in a ponytail to keep it from annoying her face with a black rubber band she wears on her right wrist constantly. Her fringe falls over her forehead, just brushing the slightly darker and thin auburn eyebrows that arc over her distinctly blue eyes. Ice cold in one instance and calming in the other, October's eyes really are the windows into her soul as they aptly reflect her mood; a fuller-bodied blue when calm, a pale, ice blue when aggravated or concentrating or a darker, rich blue when happy or feeling another emotion similar to elation. Complimenting her somewhat prominent cheekbones lies a petite nose that follows on into thin lips giving her the common Caucasian "oval" facial structure. Fitting into the "lean" stereotype, October weighs close to sixty-three kilograms, looking toned rather than muscular or skeletal. Her love for being outside has tanned her skin a nice rich colour; darker than her inherent pale skin. Thin, dexterous fingers like at the end of her hands, perfect for fiddling with electronics and make-up and good or reaching into tight places. Her fingernails are usually varnished in a cracked black nail polish.

As far as accessorising goes, October makes sure she looks her best whenever going out. Her smoke stained teeth are hidden by temporary whitening that lasts little over a day which she emphasises with crimson red lipstick to make her lips look fuller. Often she will curl and lengthen her eyelashes before going out to a big event, however she usually skips this during everyday affairs. She wears subtle eye-shadow to help emphasise those blue eyes of hers. Her skin remains smooth due to the moisturising of her skin she does on a daily basis, including the shaving of her arms and legs. Moving on from her make up, October wears a small crystal pendant made of Hematite strung around her neck that rests on her chest. On any one of her fingers lies three rings; the first a plain silver band; a present from her father for her twenty-first birthday, the second a gold band inlaid with three emeralds; a present to herself for graduating, and the third and final being a faux-gold band inlaid with Unown carvings spelling out her name; a gift from her younger sister one year.

Clothing is the final issue. October always tries to make her outfits adhere to the seasons as well as the weather, but commonly finds them adhering more to her emotional status than the former. On warmer and happier days, she likes to wear knee length skirts and some sort of shirt than clings tightly to her body; the sleeves coming halfway up between her elbow and shoulder. Small diamond earrings are usually adorned in each ear, hanging just below her earlobe. Her shoes in this instance are usually one of the many pairs and colours of flats she has obtained over the years. On colder and unhappier days, he prefers to dress in jeans, which, like her summer tops, cling to her legs and quite often a pair of denim blue or black Chuck Tailors. Often on these days she will wear a long sleeved shirt, but if the weather permits, she does adorn a hooded sweatshirt and a leather jacket if it happens to be raining. Lighter brighter colours are usually her style on brighter days while darker, almost monochromatic colours on colder days. Most of her clothing is mono-coloured except for her hooded jerseys which often contain symbols of labels old and new.​

October Carter - Days Gone Bye

The incessant buzzing filled the room as light streamed through the cracks in the closed blinds. After a minute the phone went silent yet it wasn't long after until it's incessant buzzing again filled the room waking the sleeping figure wrapped up in the turquoise sheets and puffy duvet. Blindly she fumbled for the communications device that sat on her bedside table, vibrating furiously and flashing it's display. With a casual flick of her wrist she flung the head of the red cellular phone open, accepting the call and putting the phone to her ear; letting out a sigh of discomfort before asking angrily who was ringing her.

"October, boy I have the job for you!" Came the disturbingly happy voice from the other end of the phone. After a string of cursing an obscenities on her behalf, the caller spoke again, "Okay, I understand, I'll meet you at our coffee shop, same time as before?"

"Sure," October mumbled half awake before closing the lid to her phone and throwing it halfway across the room. Curling back up into a ball amidst the pillows, duvet and blankets, resting within the warm nest she had built herself under the folds of sleep.

She was allowed another two hours of sleep before her phone buzzed again, this time it was only a single buzz, announcing the arrival of a text message. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she reached over more carefully this time, picking up the phone and sliding it's face upwards to reveal the qwerty keypad hidden beneath. This phone was black in colour, and a different model to the phone she had cast across the room. A message flashed across the screen:

>>From : Jacobi, Hazel
    >>12:17pm, Friday
    >>I know you. Time to get up and get ready for coffee!!! xD

October groaned at the horrible use of smilies the woman had used in her message, her eccentricities aside, the woman was genuine in her pleasantries. Probably one of the many people shewas grateful to have met, October had done a couple of errands for Jacobi before; many of which had required her to step out of her comfort zone and also take some "less pleasant" options in order to get done what needed to be. Nether less, her philanthropic nature meant that she had paid out what she said she would and more, allowing October to continue living happily on what she had received from one of her previous errands.

>>To : Jacobi, Hazel
    >> 12:23pm, Friday
    >>Your shout. See you soon.

Yawning widely and stretching her arms out after swinging her feet out of the bed, October proceeded to get up and get ready, opening up the blinds allowing light to flood the room; temporarily blinding herself in the process. She hadn't made any plans for today, not that she rarely did on any other day, however meeting with Jacobi was now something on the top of her priorities list. Still, a little extra money wouldn't hurt and so within the hour she managed to have a shower; washing and conditioning her hair as well as shaving her legs, apply make up; a little bit of eye shadow, deep pink lipstick and a fresh coat of black cracked nail polish, and dress in weather appropriate clothing.

The breeze was soft against her face as she made he way onto the busy street in front of her apartment building. It caught he hair in small licks, lifting up a couple of strands before placing them back down in another location; ruffling her skirt as well. Looking into the sky, she smiled at the fine weather Vermilion City was having this time of year; the Wingull squawking loudly as they sailed the upward drafts high above the port. The breeze carried with it the smell of salt and sea; a somewhat relaxing smell to October. Heading south towards the port, October walked merely down the street, puzzling what kind of dysfunctional adventure Jacobi was sending her on this time, also relishing the prospect of quenching the thirst to get away from the seaside city. Not that she had anything against Vermilion City, she enjoyed it immensely, but every so often, October needed excitement in her life, the rush and thrill as adrenaline coursed it's way through her veins.

On the side-walk, down trodden newspapers proclaimed weeks old coverage of the discoveries on Apollo, even front page articles on the late Professor Arden Stone and his miraculous discovery. In shop windows were television sets updating news on whatever the latest discovery was on Apollo and how that affected the world as they knew it. While she was grateful for the discoveries, October had no particular interest in the lore nor the discoveries that had been made on Apollo; the one's hidden beneath their own feet drew the majority of her tension. Still, there was something inside her that made her think this could be what Jacobi wanted to talk to her about.

"...It seems right up her alley..." October mumbled to herself as she turned from the shadow clad street onto the boulevard that stretched along the bank of Vermilion Beach. Behind her foghorns blasted loudly as another cruise ship made it's way from Vermilion Port and children played amongst the Krabby and Staryu on the seashore. October smiled at their innocence, relishing in the memories she had as a young child before growing up well before she should have.

Krabby Koffee was a small cafe on the corner of Vermilion Boulevard and South Street; a nice antique courtyard rested in the sunlight streaming into the front of the cafe where patrons could sit, discuss and bath in the sunlight. At a table off to the side sat a lone woman, stretched back against her chair as the sunlight played across her rather high end style of dress. Many people around her whispered and pointed, the woman was well known throughout the many lands, being in public like this just made October feel even more uncomfortable meeting with all this extra drawn attention.

Taking the seat opposite, and furtherest away, from the treasure hunter, October ordered herself a Mochaccino from the teenage waiter who came hurrying over to serve her. Although October was but dismayed at the fact the only reason the waiter had come hurrying over, was to serve and wait on Mrs. Jacobi, eventually plucking up the courage to ask the woman for an autograph, which Jacobi was all too happy to comply with, before running back to the other wait staff huddled inside to display her treasure.

"What do you want?" October was not going to tolerate any of the nonsense and beating around the bush she had tried the first time they had met.

"What I want, is you." Jacobi said, parting her fringe to reveal her mesmerising eyes that sucked October in just as much as her luscious lips.

October scoffed, feeling her heart beat faster in her chest, "I barely managed to survive the Baltoy attach in Hoenn last time! Do you really expect me to come to your aid after that?!" she referenced the latest time in which Jacobi had asked for her help. October was sure she still had some Cacnea needles lodged deep in her muscles from that last, horrifying experience.

"Come on, what about Unova?"

"Unova? You mean ditching me in the middle of Chargestone Cave to go chasing after a Manetric?!"

"Hey! In my defence, it looked like a shiny when it moved." Jacobi half laughed, brushing her fringe to the side as she took a sip from her coffee.

"Whatever," October cast off the conversation, glaring at the waiter as if it was going to hurry the woman up with her coffee, "what is it you really want?" she inquired as the shaking waiter placed her coffee in front, causing the cup to spill slightly.

"I want you to go to Apollo for me!" Jacobi cast off somewhat carelessly, catching October in her tracks. October was stunned as if she was reliving the nightmare of a time she had in Chargestone Cave, the gut feeling she had been having today had finally come true and she did not like it at all. "I want you to find the 'Treasure of All Treasures', the Holy Grail of Apollo; the Treasure of the King and Queen." Jacobi went slightly overboard with the description, only pulling October further in.

October began shaking her head, any time she had gotten into a dealing with the woman, she always seemed to lose Jacobi. October would be left alone in, most of the time, bad situations to fend for herself while Jacobi had come across some 'treasure' or 'great artifact', completely forgetting October was there. "No-no-no-no-no!" she exclaimed furiously. "I swore after Hoenn I would never, ever pick up another job from you." October said breathing heavily, the good mood she had been in walking towards the coffee shop now shattered into a million pieces.

Jacobi laughed, sipping the final dregs of her coffee before readdressing October, "I've hired other's too, it's up to you whether you work with them or without them."

"Amateurs," she scoffed, "so how does it work then?"

A smile crept over Jacobi's weathered face, "I knew you would be keen! You just can't stand that I would hire others! You're so predictable, Miss Carter. As of the details, I shall text you tomorrow morning with regards to where we shall meet..." after a brief pause she continued, "...it's nice to be working with you again."

"Yeah, well I can't say the feeling is mutual," she replied as Jacobi left her seat, disappearing off into the sunlight and leaving money for the bill and also a rather large sum as a tip. October sat quietly in her chair, sipping the remnants of her lukewarm drink as she mulled the proposition over in her head. Her glaring warded off the wait staff who were all eager to pick up the large tip, but scared to go near October in case her bite was worse than her bark. Tossing her head back, she stared up into the empty blue sky, wondering just what kind of mess she had managed to find herself in this time.​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    COOLIOS you're accepted buddy. You might wanna go over it again though, you left remnants of Pandora in there ;)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh no, I really wanted Espurr. Please reserve Bonsly for me, then :3

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Mmm, mind if I reserve Purrloin? <3

Or, well, at least this will be a plaaaace holder of sorts~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    reserved bonsly for one rika <:
    thankiies. Maybe this is the RP I need to stop being a lazy illiterate bum. And to get something to talk about with you guys and your atlantventures again 8D

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • This looks cool. May I reserve Buizel? I swear though, this is the last RP I'm joining until at least 3 of mine end.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    all reserved up for you bums <: <: <:

also lol im pretty sure when kiklion helped me pick out the pokemon she picked espurr specifically so she could have a creepy psychic cat by her side

thankiies. Maybe this is the RP I need to stop being a lazy illiterate bum. And to get something to talk about with you guys and your atlantventures again 8D
    im illiterate all the time look at my lack of punctuation im such a rebel~~~~~~~~

declan said you were????? rejoining??????

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Sign me up, Skydog! I remember signing up for Pandora back at the beginning of my time here, but this time around I intend on dressing to impress!

Spoiler:

That is the right Apollo, right?

Name:
    Preferred Starter Pokémon: Tyrouge
    Appearance:
    Roleplay Sample:

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • Name: Sean Fisher
    Preferred Starter Pokémon: Espurr (Cody)

Appearance: Sean and fashion don't really mix. When it comes to clothing, Sean has a shrug-of-the-shoulders attitude. It's not an exaggeration to say that Sean will open up his closet or pull out a drawer and pick the first few things that show up. Not uncommonly you can find him outside his home in nothing but a wife beater, light blue shorts, and brown sandals. In fact, Sean seems to have an usual liking to wife beaters and wears them more often than he probably should (see: definitely). Sean justifies his overuse of the garment by calling them his "R&Rs," but Sean will also tell you that he's chill 24/7. When Sean isn't wearing a wife beater, he probably has on something only slightly better like a t-shirt and very plain black jeans. Luckily for us (or maybe unluckily) he doesn't wear jeans very often. "Not free enough," he'll say. His thirst for clothing-related freedom gives him a liking for sandals that almost rival his liking for wife beaters. Sean likes to wear other loose fitting clothing as well.

Going away from his sense of style, Sean stands about six feet tall and is on the paler side. Sean's chestnut brown hair is kept constantly in a short buzzcut. Sean has hazel eyes, a thin nose, and a round face. On his body, which is about average, Sean has a large tattoo that goes from his wrist to about his neck and another one that starts from his waist on the left side and up to his chest.

Roleplay Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • The rest of the sample is on another post. My 3DS has a character limit, and my computer freezes whenever I go on here.

Name: Barry Lorantos

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Buizel

Appearance: Barry is one of the more stylish people of Luminose City. By this, I mean clothing-wise.

He is a very fancy person with clothing, anything he wears comes from Luminose's Boutique. Because his sister Leah is a Trainer (who actually likes her siblings), she is able to loan him money to buy some of the most expensive articles. But he doesn't have much, as she needs the money too. His casual outfit is a fancy, black jacket with a white shirt underneath, (minus the jacket when he's really hot) expensive black pants, a black fedora with a grey stripe through the middle, and, occasionally, sunglasses with a black frame. He wishes he could add other colors to his outfit, but it's the only Boutique in the area, and they sell mostly black and white, fancy things. So really, it's their fault he's stylish, however crazy that may seem.

Aside from clothing, Barry is five feet and eleven inches tall, has blue eyes, and short, black hair. Barry was always big on accessories. He wears a necklace that has a water drop symbol on it, resembling his love for Water type Pokémon. On his right wrist, he wears a black wristband showing Reshiram, and on his left wrist, he wears a white wristband showing Zekrom. He always carries his blue cellphone in his right jacket pocket.

Roleplay Sample: Incomplete, but what I have so far is in the spoiler.
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Uhm... ok, someone suggested this to me and although I was looking for a pokémon journey-like roleplay in one of the regions from the main games, I think this would do >u<
    I'm really in a mood for some RP and I guess this IS a Pokémon journey xD

So, is it ok if I reserve a spot? Oh and Misdreavus, of course <3
    Thank you ^^

Oh and I'd like Dr. Hazel's info too >u< Not too much, just some basic stuff to get me going ^^

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Finished my SU, but my 3DS has a character limit and my computer freezes when I go on here, so the rest of the sample is in this spoiler.

Read my SU form first, it has about the first ¾ of my sample.

Spoiler:

Drifloon

May I reserve the cute little Zigzagoon, please? :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back