• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forbidden Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
CLOSED TO ALL APPLICANTS!

Setting: Long ago, three families helped to found the city of Olivine City in the land of Johto. As the city's construction progresses, the richest of the three families, the Espinares, also began construction on a large castle on the outskirts of the city. Over time, the magnificent limestone castle was completed, overlooking the sheer cliffs near the Olivine Bay.

The Espinares were a wealthy merchant family that had grown tired of life in the quiet Violet City. So when they finally moved into their castle, the housewarming party they threw was anything but quiet. Musicians, clowns, dancers, and all sorts of performers populated the dance hall, entertaining the many powerful figures that had come to celebrate.

The food was delicious, the drinks intoxicating, and the conversation plentiful. The party was moving along without a hitch until a sudden scream sounded from the western wing. A few men ran to investigate, only to find a large fire had started, having already consumed several rooms. A few Water Pokemon were released and attempted to subdue the large fire. But the inferno could not be stopped.

The fire spread, and the frantic guests began a stampede that rivaled a group of rampaging Tauros. The smaller and slower guests were trampled as the fire almost seemed to be chasing them. They escaped into the night, and when they reached a safe distance, they watched the castle fall to the monstrous flames.

At the end of the night, eighteen people died. The most significant of these deaths was the youngest daughters of the Espinares, Catalina. It was in her room that the fire started and it was presumed it was the lamp in her room that was the cause. A mass funeral was held for those who died, and a large memorial was built in the courtyard of the castle for the young Catalina. The rest of the family left the charred castle for a smaller home in the city and their descendants have lived there ever since.

Over time the dilapidated castle succumbed to the forces on nature and humans. Moss began to overtake its walls, numerous villagers took large chunks of stone to build their own structures, and wind helped to erode at the walls. Rumors too began to spread across the city and the rest of Johto. Some said the young Catalina had started the fire on her own and accidentally caught herself in the flames. Others said the Espinares had built a great structure underneath the castle where they hid numerous rare Pokemon and items. Some said that the spirit of Catalina resided in the castle, hoping for visitors to help soothe her loneliness.

These rumors helped to pique the interest of one distant descendant of the Espinare family. The young man knew there were hidden secrets in the castle, but knew all too well that he could not explore this castle on his own. So, from his home in Ecruteak, he attached a letter to numerous carrier Pidgeys and set them off on their own, hoping a few trainers would respond and help him explore the castle. The letter stated:

"Hello fellow trainer,
My name is Erstad Espinare III. You may or may not of heard of the Lost Castle of Olivine, but if you have or you seek a grand adventure, please read further. My family has long ignored this magnificent castle and the secrets it holds have long been forgotten. I hope to find these secrets, but the castle is much too large to explore own my home. I need several strong and brave trainers to accompany me and I promise those who do help will be rewarded handsomely. So please arrive in Olivine City at the Lighthouse in exactly one week and we will begin our trek into the castle. I ask only those who can brave the strange to respond.

-Erstad Espinare III"

With the letters attached, he set the Pidgey free, letting them wander aimlessly in hopes they reach the strongest trainers in the world.

---

Players:
Porygon-Z
Mr. AltoSax
Art_Critic_Cubone
DragonQueenRachel
Stardust-Kumo
Nate_Dawg

So, this is my first try at trying to create an RPG. I will now be taking applicants to join. Please follow a few simple rules:
1.) Follow the basic rules of the Forums. Please!
2.) I withhold the right to deny applicants, so if I don't like your application, I'm sorry.
3.) At least four paragraphs of text per post.

Form:
Character's Name:
Physical Description:
Background:
Etc:

Pokemon (Limit to 3):
Nickname:
Species:
Personality:
Etc:

Last edited:

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
Years
Character's Name: Rain Skylark
Physical Description: Roughly 6'4", Rain has long light blue hair and icy blue eyes. She always wears a long white trench coat with a black tank top and jeans. She also wears a pendant that is shaped like a white dragon.
Background: Rain grew up in Viridian City, Kanto. She knew Lance when he was younger, and some say she had a short stint as Giovanni's apprentice. However, that's all behind her now, she travels around and just happened to have been in an area where a Pidgey droped off an invitation. Her first pokemon was a Bagon that she rescued from a Team Rocket lab.
Etc: Rain has an ability to understand pokemon.

Nickname: Ruby
Species: Salamence
Personality: Usualy kind-hearted, but has a habit of being unpredictable.
Etc: Ruby is a Salamence of a different color, she has black scales and her wings are a gold color.

Nickname: Hera
Species: Blaziken
Personality: Always willing to fight, Hera is usualy in conflict with Ruby for some reason or another.
Etc: Nothing to note at the moment.

Nickname: Serena
Species: Dragonite
Personality: A peacekeeper, but very timid.
Etc: Is slightly smaller than a usual Dragonite.

If there's anything else, tell me.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
Years
Character's Name: Ayame Yamanaka
Physical Description: Lengthy chesnut hair, twinkling brown eyes,and tan skin. Her hair is kept behind an orange bandana, she always wears brown boardshorts, an orange tanktop and a valore hoodie.
Background: A traveler and skilled pokemon trainer from Slateport city in the Hoenn region. She grew up with her pokemon, but she became a trainer at six years of age.
Etc: Ayame is always quite aggresive, tough, tomboyish, and eager to fight. Sometimes, she can be rather arrogant. She loves dark-type pokemon, hence Houndoom, but she can communicate with the dead, and so she was naturally interested in ghost-types.

Pokemon (Limit to 3):
Nickname: Kiba
Species: Houndoom
Personality: Feirce, intellegent, and eager to fight
Etc: Kiba, like Noir, is rarely found inside his pokeball. Rather, he lurks around Ayame and tends to keep close to her. He is Ayame's strongest pokemon, given to her as a gift from her father.

Pokemon (Limit to 3):
Nickname: Noir
Species: Misdreavus
Personality: Mischevious, mysterious, playful
Etc: Noir was Ayame's first pokemon, who she caught when exploring an abandoned light house using the ultra ball her mother gave to her as a present. The pokemon has a tendency to escape from her pokeball and frighten Ayame when she isn't looking. Noir is rarely kept inside a pokeball to begin with, as she is normally at Ayame's side.

Pokemon (Limit to 3):
Nickname: Reaper
Species: Duskull
Personality: Anti-social, impateint, withdrawn, secretive
Etc: Reaper dislikes Rukia and Ichigo, and usually keeps to himself.

Last edited:

PKMN Trainer Max

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 23, 2007
Character's Name:Max Night

Physical Description:Exactly 5ft 9in tall.He has average length brown hair,and brown eyes.He wears a black and red bandana around his neck. His shirt is as red as the fire on a Typhlosian's back,and his pants as black as a Gengar's shadow ball.

Background:Max grew up on the outskirts of Cianwood City.Max loved pokemon from the start.He liked dark type pokemon as a child.so as a gift his father caught him a Murkrow.He loved the pokemon so much he started his Journey through Johto at an early age,8.He battled wild pokemon for months and then one day his best friend,Murkrow,evolved into a Honchkrow.Also on his journey he caught a Cyndaquil.He evolved it,after long hours of hard work,into a Typhlosion.These two pokemon are Max's best friends and no matter what Max will always protect,and love them.

Etc:Max has captured other pokemon,but he left them with professor Elm back in New Bark town.

Nickname:Wings
Species:Honchkrow
Personality:Mysterious,tricky.
Etc:Wings' fighting style involves extremely technical moves, and commands.

Nickname:Vulcan
Species:Typhlosian
Personality: Playful, loves to battle.
Etc:Vulcan likes to explore new places and meet new friends to battle.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2007
my character

Name: Kelly Billings
Physical despription: Dark brown hair with lighter highlights, in a pony tail. Wears cool blue and green pants, grey shirt, and jean jacket. Also wears flipflops and has a messenger bag that looks like a large pokeball
Backround: her parents left her when she was five, and has lived with pokemon ever since
Ect: Keeps her pokemon out of their pokeballs most of the time. Also understands pokemon.

Pokemon:

Nickname: Mush
Species: Breloom
Personality: Serious, easily angered
Ect: Bigger than most Brelooms

Nickname: Boo
Species: Aron
Personality: Childish, Cuddly
Ect: Should have evolved by now, but didn't

Nickname: Poison
Species: Arbok
Personality: protective, kind
Ect: power house of the team

Years
Form:

Character's Name: James Squier

Physical Description: James is a man of around 24 years old, which a strong build. He's very tall and lean. His clothing consists of a brown trenchcoat and hat, Sherlock Holmes style. He also wears black slacks, and a black undershirt. Behind silver rimmed glasses, are brilliant green eyes, that always seem to be inspecting things around him. He wears white gloves, and a black belt around his waist. In the center is a golden belt buckle. His face wears a neatly trimmed goatee complementing the curly mass of black hair in the back of his head.

Background: Growing up in Ecruteak City, James always knew what he wanted to be when he grew up. Little James wanted to be a detective, and his dream came true.
Everyday he would go to Morty (one of his childhood heroes, 2nd only to Sherlock Holmes himself) and do odd jobs for him. There he learned to love ghost pokemon, and also studied with the vast array of book in Morty's library. He always had a knack for solving mysteries, and once he turned 18 he began to help the police in solving crimes. Once he was 22he became an official detective for the Johto police force.
At the age of ten James received his first pokemon, a Gastly, from Morty and began his journey through Johto. Pokemon Training came naturally to him, after reading all of Morty's books, and he quickly became an accomplished trainer. Though, he was very interested in the mysteries surrounding pokemon, such as how Slowpoke evolved into Slowbro. In his travels he tried to acquire as much knowledge as possible, and tried to solve these mysteries, making him a sort of genius in the matter of pokemon.
Now he has begun studying the rumors of Olivine Castle, and when he received a letter concerning the castle's exploration he couldn't resist going.

Pokemon:

Nickname: Kilroy
Species: Gengar
Personality: Gengar is witty, and would rather trick opponents into their loss rather than bombarding them with attacks.
Etc: Gengar evolved from the Gastly that James received from Morty when his journey began.

Nickname: Rebel
Species: Noctowl
Personality: Noctowl as his name suggests, is very stubborn. He seems to ignore post people, save James, and would rather do things his own way than anyone elses. Including James.
Etc. Noctowl was caught as a Hoot-hoot, just outside Ecruteak at the beginning of James' adventure. It evolved during the Johto League. It often uses it's keen eyesight to help James during investigations.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
If you don't mind waiting until tomorrow, I would love to sign-up. Heck, I might even make a completely new character instead of using the over used Shaden Woodsworth.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Name: Langley Antechronos

Physical Description: Langley is about 5"5, and sports a bright green vest as well as a darker green long-sleeved undershirt, blue jeans, and a long, flowing silver hair that occasionally causes nearby females to swoon. That, and the fact that his face and self-described "gorgeous green eyes" don't break any mirrors, that is. At about sixteen years old, he secretly suffers from horrible acne, which he is constantly keeping at bay with medicated pads and/or concealer, which he keeps hidden in his backpack, along with a camera, some spare supplies, and a cell phone, which he occasionally uses to "radio for backup", i.e., ask his parents or friends back home about something. Due to the fact that Langley considers himself a gentleman, he often attempts to help out the girls near him, all in "the spirit of chivalry". Unfortunately, he is also a horrible flirt, and his insistence on kissing any girl's hand multiple times and exploitations of the occasional fangirl from his hometown (i.e., using them to get chores around the house done) often cause people to take a rather dim opinion of him. He speaks in measured, stately tones, carries himself with dignity, and considers Pokemon battles to be duels, fought for honor.

Background: Six years ago, Langley was chosen, as the youngest member of the wealthy and influential Antechronos family, to go out and make a name for himself in the field of Pokemon training as a part of the family's plan to amass wealth and become obscenely rich. While his brothers were put through finance, performing arts, and the like, Langley was sent out on a Pokemon journey, along with the finest offspring of the revered family Spinarak, Arachne. Together with his insect like companion, he traveled the world, searching for any event that would allow him to become noticed as a trainer. After receiving the note from the carrier Pidgey, Langley decided that solving any mysteries surrounding Olivine Castle might earn him at least a bit part in the news, which would then allow him to make a springboard towards his goal of national fame, all for the family honor.

Etc.:While the Antechronos family is exceedingly rich, a year on the road has taught Langley not to trust in his family for support, and he was rather well-bred in the first place, so he avoids showing any condescension or superiority to others in anything but a Pokemon battle. He does maintain an annoying habit, however, of manipulating people or events to his favor whenever it seems most profitable. He does rely on his family's resources occasionally when he runs into a problem that he can't solve on his own, keeping in touch via his ever-present emergency cell-phone. In addition, Langley has a veritable army of gullible fan-girls from his home town who occasionally call him, sometimes at the worst possible moments. The primary reason for these fangirls is the fact the Antechronos family is fairly rich, and rich boys with good looks always have at least one fangirl.

Pokemon:

Name: Arachne

Species: Spinarak

Personality: A loyal, devoted Pokemon whose humble appearance hides great battle experience and cunning, as well as an excellent degree of synchronicity with its trainer, Arachne is Langley's number one fan girl, and his first and most used Pokemon. While she lacks physical attacking strength, she demonstrates the use of attacks that slowly sap a victim's HP over time, as well as amazing stamina and the ability to fire ridiculously strong webbing at enemies. Arachne is devoted to her trainer, and will not allow anyone to harm him. She occasionally hides herself in his backpack, waiting to attack anyone who comes near him.

Name: Clytemnestra

Species: Ninetales

Personality: A refined and demure Pokemon, Clytemnestra is Langley's only Pokemon he has ever succesfully captured on his own. Clyte, as she is called for short, displays a working partnership with Langley, but doesn't seem to care about him quite as much as Arachne does. She seems to be following her own agenda, at times, so much so that one wonders who is really pulling the strings, trainer or Pokemon. Clyte is the powerhouse of Langley's team, coupling powerful fire attacks with a keen sense of hearing and amazing speed and agility in order to take down opponents. She is usually only called into battle as a last resort, or against Pokemon Arachne has a great disadvantage against.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Hey everyone. I think we'll be starting Friday or Saturday. My birthday is Saturday, but I'm sure I'll be online sometime that day. Now, to the applicants:

DragonQueenRachel: I really like the sound of your character. I think it will mesh well with the story. You're in. But I'll ask that you please use more details when describing things.
Stardust-Kumo: Again, you're character intrigued me. I'd prefer not to have two of the same Pokemon (Dragonite) in the story, but it could work out into an intriguing storyline. You're in. Again, like DragonQueen, please use more description. It makes RPing much more fun.
PKMN Trainer Max: I'm sorry, but you seem to lack proper grammar and description. Can't let you join. :(
Sillyskitty: Like Max, you lack description. I'm sorry but I can't let you play. :(
Mr.Altosax: I really really liked your character. Above everyone else's character, I think your's will fit the story the best. Welcome.
Art_Critic_Cubone: Your attention to detail and description are astounding. I love your style and character. You're in.

Now, here's my profile:

Form:
Character's Name: Erstad Espinare III
Physical Description: For generations, the Espinares have been known for their astounding appearances and Erstad is no different. His hair is neatly cut and blonde, and no hair is out of place. His eyes are a enigmatic blue, exploding with energy. His lips are a soft pink, and they seem to melt in his rosy but tanned skin. He's fit and lean from his journeys to the harshest places in the world. He's also moderately tall, standing around 6'00" or 6'01". He wears a skin-tight black shirt, jeans that have been worn and beaten over the years, and white sneakers, freshly purchased from the store. Around his neck he wears a necklace with a key.
Background: Growing up, he was told the numerous stories of his family's fabled castle. Upon becoming a trainer, he set out, searching for any information he could find. After ten years, some time after his twentieth birthday, he had found enough information to finally enter the castle. He comes from a wealthy family, and often let's his unlimited resources go to his head. But he is far from a jerk, often helping those in need by purchasing them food or a hotel room. He was awkward as a trainer at first, but over time he grew into an accomplished trainer. He's intelligence is his strong point. At a young age he was considered a genius, and he finished schooling at the age of eight. He's not sure what he will find in the Lost Castle, but hopes it will unlock the many secrets of his family's past.
Etc: Like the entire Espinares, he was born with the ability to use telepathy and telekinecity. Also possesses an incredible fear of blood and spiders.

Pokemon (Limit to 3):
Nickname: ---
Species: Togetic
Personality/Background: His neighbor growing up bred Pokemon and for Erstad's Tenth birthday, they gave him a Togepi egg as a present. Soon, the Egg hatched and identified Erstad as its "mother." It is often quiet and subdued, only becoming energetic when battling. It has an interesting habit of collecting small trinkets, which hang around its neck on pieces of string which Erstad provided. In battle, it possesses numerous abilities, ranging from breathing a searing stream of flames to firing beams of solar energy to drawing the opponent into using the same move over and over. It also loves to eat Wiki Berries.
Etc: Like its trainer, it possesses an odd fear of spiders.

Species: Milotic
Personality/Background: While traveling to Mahogany City, a local fisherman told Erstad that a large swarm of Feebas had been spotted in a nearby stream. So Erstad quickly purchased a fishing rod and bait and set off to capture the rare Pokemon. Upon catching one, he was surprised by the Feebas' bold personality. Despite its appearance, Erstad's Milotic is a Male and hates to be mistaken for a Female. Its body is surprisingly sturdy, possessing the capability to absorb both special attacks and physical assaults, which is rare for the Milotic species. In battle, it uses both defensive and offensive techniques, whether its harshly poisoning the foe, releasing a wave of immense energy, or recovering injuries it had substained. It loves to eat anything sour.
Etc: There is a large tear in its fin from when it battled a rampaging Gyarados.

Species: Lucario
Personality/Background: While visiting the local library in Goldenrod City, Erstad heard a rumor of a mysterious figure haunting the locals who lived in the suburbs of the city. Always eager to investigate rumors of ghosts, Erstad ventured out and began to search around for clues. However, he found out it was a hungry Lucario scavenging for food. Erstad, always compassionate, fed the poor Lucario, who was on the brink of starvation. From that point on Lucario followed Erstad, and eventually was captured by the man. Lucario is all offense and prefers to attack with physical attacks rather than special attacks. It knows numerous odd abilities for a Lucario like the ability to attack with a kick engulfed with flames and attack with a punch that rivals that of a bullet. It loves spicy foods, especially peppers and Cheri berries.
Etc: It loves to run wherever it goes, often disappearing from Erstad's watchful eye.

Last edited:

X-Files

Can Yuo Udnertsand
Years
Kam Tokiyo
Description:5'7 weres a Orange jacket with a black Tee and Orange shoes and a Orange hat hes hair sticks out the front hole part.Hes also has a orange backpack that he keeps almost everything he needs in there Food Cloths Water ect.He likes to give pet name to thoses hes really close to like his one friend Carrie he calls her Pretty and his other John calls him Giant.The frist pokemon hes ever had was a Psyduck. It saved his life when he fell into a lake while trying to fish for food, on a camping trip hes had it ever sense and keeps it out its ball mostly.Hes just recived a letter about Olvine City about a strange mansion so he packed up his things and set off for a long adventure.

Background:Kam is was a wildfire as a child he wanted to know about everthing. But hes parents where never around so he was always alone he had friends but they never come over to play. As he got older he lost his wildfire attuide and learned only to trust his self and his pokemon. You will normally see him in the back of crowds and only speaking up if there is something he thinks is wrong.

Pokemon Golduck
Nickname:N/A
Species: Psychic Duck pokemon
Personality:Serious It always interfears if it thinks Kam is in trouble.
Etc:It has a diamond on its forehead insted of a Sphere.

Pokemon Leafeon
Nickname:N/A
Species:Grass Cat pokemon
Personality:Kam has yet to understand it its always Cailm a bit too cailm.
Etc:N/A

Pokemon Skarmory
Nickname:Trust
Species:Metal bird pokemon
Personality:The only pokemon Kam gave a nickname to. It only trust those it knows and tries to bite at people its not used to.
Etc:Where normal skarmory would have black under its wings Trust has light pink.

OOC:If you need more of anythign plz tell me.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Umm... X-Files. I'm sorry but you can't join this game. You lack any form of proper spelling, grammar, description, and above all else, you didn't use the form I provided. Sorry, you can't join.

PikaPal

Ghost Type Master
Years
Character's Name: Nichole
Physical Description: kinda short, long blonde hair, blue eyes. she wears a long cloak, and underneath it a black tank top and black pants
Background: she grew up in Lavender town. she is completely fascinated by ghost pokemon, and was the leader of the gym. (hope its ok if i make this up..its in my pokemon fanfic. is that ok?)
Etc: Nichole became the gym leader in lavender town a few years ago. you see, a long time ago, there used to be a leader. But when team rocket came to the town and tortured the poor pokemon there, they messed with a little cubone's mother, marowak. the pokemon was killed, and her ghost haunted the gym. When a challenging trainer was nearly killed, the mayor decided to close the gym and seal marowak in the tower. Years came and went, and eventually the town settled down. But the mayor wasnt happy. He wanted to attract tourists. He created the Kanto Radio Tower, which definetly attracted more people. But it was a bad decision. A bunch of ghost pokemon came and terrorized the town, sending eerie sounds through the radio stations. A bunch of people left the town; only the oldest members stayed, and so did Nichole. She was determined to solve the problem. I wont go into details about that anylonger, you'll find that about later in the RP (if i can join that is).

Pokemon (Limit to 3): Shuppet, Ninetails, and a black rapidash
Nickname: no nickname
Species: human
Personality: quiet, but once she gets to know you, shes a true and loyal friend

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2007
Character's Name:Suchii Arrow
Physical Description:Suchii is a tall boy, about six feet, with a medium build.He has dark brown, almost black, hair.Suchii has deep blue eyes.His right eye is slightly tinted green while his left is slightly tinted red.His skin is somewhat tan.He normally wears a solid red shirt and blue jeans, topped off with a green six-pocket vest.
Background:Suchii was born in Blackthorn City.Here, he received a Charmander, which quickly became a Charmeleon, and, finally, a Charizard.On his journey through Johto, he met an Eleckid, who decided to come with him.He was given a Munchlax upon return to Blackthorn.He challenged the Gym Leader, but failed just as he gained an Elctivire.Using it, and Charizard and his newly evolved Snorlax, he deafeted his final Gym.Two days later, he recived a note on a Pidgey.

Etc:

Pokemon:

Nickname:Cham
Species:Charizard
Personality:Charizard is an incredibly active pokemon.It is always happy to meet a new trainer-pokemon team.

Nickname:None
Species:Electivire
Personality:Electivire is a strong-willed pokemon.He and Suchii get into many fights about what should be done,but if it beleives Suchii is right,then it will obey him.

Nickname:None
Species:Snorlax
Personality:Snorlax is a lazy pokemon who will follow orders only if it's prize for winning is food.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Uhhh...
PikaPal: While your character sounds interesting, I can't let you join. Again, it's the lack of details.
Sparx25: I'm looking for more from the members. I'm sorry, but I can't let you join.
:)

I think we'll be starting Friday. I don't think I can wait until Saturday.

Oh and by the way, applications will only be accepted up until the characters move into the castle. So until then, applications will be open but after that, no more applications.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
Name: Samuel Ander

Physical Description: Samuel is a 15 year old boy and stands at 5'6". His dark brown hair is spiked up with gel and sticks through a backwards turn tan visor. He has bright blue eyes that seem to light a room and a smile that seem infectious. His face is smooth and unblemished, and his ears stick out a little further than most.

Samuel is an average built guy with average strength. He is, however, quick on his feet and is quiet the dancer. Samuel typically wears a green button-up short sleeve shirt with a white undershirt. A dusty pair of worn jeans covers his lower body and green tennis shoes are on his feet. Samuel is, overall, a nice looking guy.

Background: Born of a well to do family, Samuel was pampered for most of his life. He lived in the town of Potterston with his father and mother. His father was the owner of a very successful chain of restaurants and his mother was former dancer turned dance instructor. Needless to say, neither of them were home very much, and Samuel was often left alone. To cope with this time alone, his parent gave him two pokémon: a Plusle and a Minum.

Samuel became very attached to his pokémon. He would spend house upon hour of time with them. His parents would try to get him interested in other things such as dancing, but pokémon overshadowed them. It was when Samuel started talking about becoming a trainer that his parents put their foot down. They refused to allow their son to be a trainer when he could be something way more successful.

Late one night when Samuel was 14, Samuel's parents discussed how to deal with the problem. They came to the unanimous decision to take his pokémon away. As Samuel sat on the stairs listening, he knew what he had to do. Gathering together some money and cloths, Samuel ran away to fulfill his dreams of being a pokémon trainer. 3 months later, Samuel came across a Pidgey carrying a message. Wanting to prove his ability, Samuel made his way to Olivine City.

Etc: Samuel is still a relatively inexperienced trainer. He still makes many mistakes, but is very eager to prove his worth.

Pokemon

Nickname: Más
Species: Plusle
Personality: Gracefully and beautiful are the best words to describe Más. She is a pokémon built for contest. She is well trained and the executions of her attacks are almost flawless. She also likes to add a fair amount of flair to each of her moves, which can be good and bad. Unfortunately, Más is not the strongest pokémon and is often overwhelmed while in battle.
Ect: Más is very concern with her appearance at all times. She also longs to be a pokémon contest champion.

Nickname: Menos
Species: Minun
Personality: Powerful and thickhead are the best words to describe Menos. He is a pokémon built for battles. Despite his small stature, Menos can deliver quite a punch. Menos is, however, a little too straight forward when it comes to battling and come sometimes run headfirst into traps. He is, however, very obedient when it comes to listening to Samuel and does everything he can to please him.
Etc: Menos thinks he is much bigger than he actual is. He never backs down and is very quick to fight.

Nickname: Dusty
Species: Sandshrew
Personality: Strategic but clumsy is the best way to describe Dusty. Dusty doesn't like being out in the world to much. He prefers the solitude of his pokéball much more. When he does come out, however, he can prove to be quiet useful. Dusty is very smart when it comes to battling. When ordered to do an attack, he will sometimes find better ways of using said attack than what was intended. This comes quite in handy since Samuel still isn't that good of a trainer. Unfortunately, Dusty is also clumsy. He often makes simple mistake that mess up his perfect plans. He is still a very powerful pokémon, and can be quite a handful in battle.
Etc: Dusty isn't very social. He is quite fond of Más however.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
OOC:

Nate_Dawg: You're in. I like your character and he shows a tremendous amount of potential of fitting into the story perfectly. Welcome!

And by the way, we are starting today. I can't wait any longer. I'll be sending you all PMs informing you of us starting.

IC:

The young man sat on the bench installed outside of the Olivine PokeCenter. Sitting next to him was a petite, chicken-like Pokemon named Togetic. The small Pokemon was fidgeting a bit as it played with the numerous trinkets that hung around its neck. The man next to Togetic was reading a book, and every few seconds would look up to see if anyone was coming his direction.

"Togetic, today was the day I told them to be here by. I hope a few people responded to my letter," Erstad said as he looked back down to his book. He sighed and once again looked up from his book. This time, he looked to the west. There, sitting on the horizon, was the large Forbidden Palace, also known as the Espinare Manor. The rising sun was peering over the side, and the light was being refracted by the harsh fog that surrounded the castle, creating an eerie sight.

"Kiikiki...koooo.." Togetic said, looking at its trainer with a worried expression. Erstad smiled at it and patted Togetic on the head. He could tell the little Pokemon was worried and he appreciated it.

"Now, if only some people would show up. Then, I can stop worrying Togetic," Erstad said. His Pokemon smiled, and the two continued to wait, hoping for someone to show up.

Years
James approached the Olivine Pokemon Center nearly shaking with excitement. To think that he received an invitation to explore the very subject he'd been researching for nearly a year.

The brown trenchcoat wrapped around him waved around in the sea breeze. His right arm was extended, supporting a large Noctowl. The Noctowl wore a scowl, and a fierce look in his eyes. James on the other had an opposite look on his face. He wore a wide grin, and his emerald eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Well Rebel, it looks as though we've arrived," James told his pokemon as the glass doors to the Pokemon Center slid open to either side. "This is the meeting place, I wonder where Mr.Espinare might be..." he said, looking around for the host. James' voice was very broad and rich, it seemed wise. "Well, we'll deal with that matter later, Rebel. We had quite a few battles on the way here, so we best heal you up." he said, walking up to Nurse Joy, who stood at the counter.

James gave her his two pokeballs, after returning his Noctowl, and decided to have a seat until they were healed. He took a seat near a rich looking boy, playing with a Togetic.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
"No. I emphatically refuse to tell you where I am, miss... what did you say your name was?" The silver haired trainer asked as he lounged against a bench set beside one of Olivine city's sidewalks, overlooking the calm shoreline. The remark was addressed to the person on the other end of his cellular phone at the moment. As curious passerby stopped to watch, him, he continued his conversation. "Ah, yes. Miss Rachel."

He paused as a veritable rush of wind blew from the receiver end of the phone, which he immediately moved away from his head for a moment in order to escape the fury of the girl on the other line. "I'm truly sorry, Miss Rebeccah. I do promise to attempt to make greater efforts towards remembering your name in the near future. However, at the moment, my reception is rather bad, so if you will please excuse me for mishearing certain words, I would certainly be ver pleased. By the way, how did you discover my new cell phone number?"

Another pause.

"Ah. Brother Michael told you. Well, I shall be sure to thank him, as I would be very saddened by the entire deprivation of your..." he paused and stroked his chin, as if trying to fit someone's name to their face, "Interesting voice. No. Yes. No. Well then, take care, and farewell." With that, the sighing teen snapped his phone shut, and removed his backpack, unzipped it, and placed the small device inside. "When Michael and I meet next, I swear that he will know no small amount of pain." he muttered to his companion, a small, green, spiderlike creature, who nodded in reply.

A passing sailor strode up to the pair, twirling a red-and-white sphere commonly known as a Pokeball between his fingers absentmindedly. "Excuse me, son, but you don't look like you're from around here. May I ask what summat who talks the way you do is lopin' around Olivine? I hope yer not thinkin' of challengin' our gym leader with that little thing, because you'll be squashed flat! Yessir, our Janice, she's like a rock- puny little bugs like that will barely make a scratch in her defense!" he laughed, staring at Arachne. "In fact, it's amazing you got this far relyin' on nothin' but an insignificant bug!"

The teenager smiled as he stood up. He wore a pale green vest with a darker green undershirt, presumably to keep in the warmth on this unusually cool day. His pants seemed to be an ordinary pair of blue jeans, however, by looking closely, one would notice the miniscule insignia placed on them, a clock with both hands pointing towards a blank space where the numeral "Twelve" should have been. In other words, a clock reading zero o' clock. He brushed some of his silvery hair out of his eyes, his eyes flashing. "The 'bug' as you have addressed her is my companion, Arachne, and she and I," he said, flashing a look at the Spinarak, who nodded her assent, "Are natives of Ecruteak, so yes, we are not from this area. As to our purpose here, that is no business of yours."

The sailor's grin changed instantly to a grimace. "Around these here docks, pretty-boy, them's what we call fightin' words!" he threatened.

The boy stood, neither backing down nor advancing. "Interesting. So you people have a quaint custom of poking into affairs that do not concern you, then getting angry when people refuse to oblige you. My, your family must not be in the government, or this place would definitely be a backwater." He was playing the "stuck-up rich boy" personality for all it was worth, calculating the exact words that would send the hot-tempered sailor over the edge.

It worked better then the enigmatic boy could have expected, the sailor came close to literally exploding with anger. "That does it! I challenge you, stranger, and your bug!" he yelled, pointing at the trainer threateningly.

The boy nodded, accepting the challenge. "My name is Langley Antechronos, for your future reference. Arachne and I accept your challenge, but on the condition that this battle be one-on-one, and no money be exchanged. You see, I find myself late for a rather pressing appointment, and I must be on my way."

"Langley, eh? Well, Langley, if you think you can get out of paying your fee that easily, you're under a misappro- missapi-"

"Missaprehension".

"Yeah, that! You can use as many Pokemon as you want, I don't care, but there's no way you'll get out of payin' your dues!"

Langley sighed, shrugging. "Very well. I did give you every oppurtunity to avoid going broke, though." He motioned to his Pokemon. "Arachne, it seems we have some business to take care of."

Understanding its trainer perfectly, Arachne leaped to his shoulder, then scurried down into the center of the space between sailor and Langley.

The sailor grinned. "Hah! I'll squash it like the bug it is- come out, Missy!" he yelled, clicking a hidden button on his Pokeball and tossing it into the air in one smooth motion. The sphere burst open, releasing a blazing white light that coiled and transformed itself into the shape of a blue-skinned creature with a ridged head and tiny, vestigal tail: a Machop.

Langley stared.

"Scared already?" the sailor laughed.

Langley shook his head, still staring. "No, just surprised you were foolish enough to follow through on this- ah, well. Time to begin." Snappin his fingers, he shouted, "Arachne! Finish him!"

The sailor cursed at his opponent. "Missy! Crush that bug with a cross-chop!" he commanded, gritting his teeth in anger.

The blue-skinned powerhouse rushed forward, eager to destroy the tiny insect in front of it. Raising its arms into an X-like shape, it gathered energy into them and brought them down on Arachne, effectively defeating the spiderlike Pokemon and rendering it unable to battle.

At least, that was the plan. What really happened was that in the exact moment that the Machop brought down her attack, Arachne fired a jet of webbing directly into her face. Startled, the superhumanly strong Pokemon raised up its hands and grasped the webbing in an attempt to free itself. This, however, only succeeded in entrapping the Pokemon's hands as well. The superpower Pokemon was effectively bound, unable to use its arms. It was in this moment that Arachne struck. Raising her abdomen, the spiderlike creature began gathering energy, drawing on its experience as a fighter in order to create the strength needed for the attack. When she was finished, she condensed the purple miasma that had formed around her into a denser orb and fired it at the Machop. The attack sent the unfortunate creature reeling backwards as it crashed into its trainer, knocking them both to the ground. Seeing that its work was done, the spiderlike Pokemon crawled back to its trainer, who lifted her to his shoulder and allowed her to crawl onto the back of his vest, before extending his arm. "I'd like my winnings now please," he remarked casually to the downed sailor in front of him, whose eyes were wide as he tried to decipher what had just happened.

OOC: Okay, two things.

1. The attack Arachne used was Night Shade, and since she's been battling for six years, it does make sense that her experience would create a powerful enough attack Night Shade to OHKO this guy's relatively inexperienced Machop.

2. In regards to this post, it was sort of just to introduce Langley. Whoever arrives at the mansion next can post him arriving, but that is it. If you have him so much as introduce himself, I will eat you.

Or you can wait and let me move him there. I'm just too lazy to post him walking in myself. XD

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
Years
A larger black and gold Salamence makes a landing at the Pokemon Center in Olvine City. Rain climbs off of the dragon pokemon, and takes her invitation out. "Well, this is the place, Ruby return!" she says, and the dragon vanishes in a red flash into an Ultra Ball, and straightens out her white trench code as she looks around for anyone else.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
Years
Ayame charged for the Olivine Pokemon Center, riding upon the back if her immense houndoom. She was very eager to begin the search for the lost castle, as it was bound to be inhabited by rare ghost pokemon. The mad dash to the pokemon center was sent to a screeching halt when the houndoom's paw slipped in a shallow puddle of mud and lost his balence. They went tubling down the road and were hurled into the pokemon center, distraught and slightly confused.

"Agh, Ichigo! You take the cake when it comes to clumsy pokemon," Ayame said, dusting herself off. She spotted a group of trainers standing in the west corner, chatting away, and strode over to them. "Hi, I'm Ayame," she said, grinning eagerly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back