• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forbidden Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
  • OOC:

Okay, two things.

One, Stardust-Kumo and DragonQueen Rachel, like I said before please please please please please use more description. One or two paragraphs aren't enough. The limit is four, so please be advised in the future.

And two, to you all, thank you for participating. I'm so excited we are on our way.

IC:

Erstad looked at the trench-coating man who sat next to him and smiled. The man had a mysterious aura to him. But, his mind was racing all over the place, so it was almost impossible to read his mind. So Erstad nodded at him, and looked away. Then, he looked at his Togetic, who was acting unusual for her normal demeanor. The Happiness Pokemon was leaping up and down, and pointing with great effort at the man's pocket. From his pocket a yellow parchment with gold trimming could be seen.

"Could--it--be--" Erstad stuttered, his excitement beginning to overtake him. That's the kind of paper he had used to send invitations out to start the exploration of the castle. He couldn't believe it. Someone had actually responded to his message. He was ecstatic.

"Umm... sir. That paper in your pocket. Was it sent by a--Mr. Espinare," he asked. At that moment, Erstad came up with a plan. For a while he had been concerned that only a bunch of treasure hunters would accompany him, and would steal all of the ancient artifacts in the castle rather than help him study them. So, for the time being, he would pretend to be another invitee and figure out what the true intentions of those who came to explore with him. Then he continued, "Because I have an invite here too."

Erstad pulled out one of his extra parchments and unraveled it, revealing the handwritten letter Erstad had sent out. His Togetic, always a judgement of character, fluttered over to the trench coat-wearing man and tossed out a handful of "Joy Dust," which the chicken-like Pokemon used to judge the character of those whom she deemed suspicious. Upon fluttering on the man's body, the dust turned gold, and the Togetic fluttered around happily, seeing as gold meant the best of the person's character.

"Ehh.. sorry.. my Togetic tends to get a little 'overexcited' at times," Erstad said with a smirk.

Years
  • "Why yes, this invitation was sent by a Mr.Espinare," James replied, "I would think that someone from a family like his would actually show up on time to his own exploration." James was confused, the Espinares were a high class family. Not ones to be late to occasions like this. James' train of thought was interupted by the man's Togetic throwing some Joy Dust at him. James coughed a little bit at the dust, which became a glimmering gold color. Instantly the Togetic began dancing around joyously.

"Ehh...Sorry, my Togetic tends to get a little 'over excited' at times," the stranger said.

"It doesn't bother me, by the way my name is James Squier, detective. May I ask yours?" James said, extending his hand to shake. James was curious as to who the stranger was, then again most of the invitees probably didn't know each other.

"Excuse me sir, your pokemon are healed now," Nurse Joy said, holding out two pokeballs to James. He took them and nodded in appreciation. He would have thanked her, but he was more interested in the stranger. He seemed awfully quiet. And more so he wondered where Mr.Espinare might be, as well as the other invitees.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • "Umm.. my name.. umm.. haha.. my name is Rex Altomare. I come from Petalburg City in Hoenn. I got this invitation a week ago and I was intrigued by the prospect of exploring a castle.. a foreign one no less," Erstad said. Dammit, so much for hiding who I am. Listen to me speak. Could I sound anymore upper class. "Togetic, will you please stop dancing!"

The Happiness Pokemon ceased danced and fluttered over to Erstad's shoulder and perched on it. Its eyes never left James however. Erstad then said, "Well.. what brings you here to this adventure. I'm here because I've always been interested in the history of Pokemon and figured a castle as old as this one must hold some secrets."

Erstad... I am incredibly bored. Will you pleasssse let me out of this ball? a voice rang in Erstad's head. Yeah! Yeah! Lemme out too! I hate hate being cooped up in the ball! C'mon! C'mon! "Well, I just arrived here in Olivine and my two other Pokemon have been stuck in their balls this whole journey. It's best to let them get some breathing room." Erstad picked off the two balls from his belt and tossed them into the air. Two figures burst from them in a glowing display of light. From one ball materialized a sea snake who measured at well over twenty feet in length; a Milotic. From the other ball appeared a lupine humanoid figure with large spikes protruded from the tops of its hands; a Lucario.

Dang it. I did it again. What poor person owns a Milotic. "Well.. umm.. you two stretch out. We probably have quite a while before we head into the castle..."

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
    Years
  • Rain noticed the other trainers gathering, recognizing the same invitation that she had recieved. She paused for a moment, not sure what she should do right now. Looking around to make sure that there wasn't any other groups, she makes her way towards the group.

"Hey, you!" A voice from behind her says, and she turns to see a sailor shouting at her carrying a pokeball.

"Me?" Rain asks.

"Yeah, you, I want a battle now, you and me, one pokemon each!" The sailor shouts. "I'll choose my Poliwrath!"

The dark blue swirl pokemon appears in a burst of light and strikes a pose.

"Alrighty then, go Hera!" Rain shouts, and her Blaziken bursts out of the pokeball. "Lets make this quick, Aerial Ace!"

"Poliwrath, Hydro Pump!" The sailor shouts, and the water/fighting pokemon starts a water attack, but the attack misses, and Hera hits from behind.

"Now, use Earthquake, and follow up with Double Kick!" Rain shouts, and the ground shakes, knocking the opponent to its knees, and then gets kicked away by Hera, and then gets struck right in the stomach as Hera makes a perfect landing, leaving the Poliwrath knocked out. "Hera return," Rain says, and the Blaziken vanishes into a red beam, and Rain walks up to the group. "Hey, are you all here for the castle thing?"

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Erstad looked, and found a few others had joined him. There was a girl who had just defeated a Sailor using a Poliwhirl, another girl who was riding a very large Houndoom, and a man who had defeated another Sailor who was using an overwhelmed Machop. Could all of these people have come to explore the castle. This response was overwhelming.

He felt a tap on the shoulder. Erstad turned and found his Lucario holding a large key. "Lucario, where in the world did you get that thing," Erstad exclaimed. His Pokemon turned and pointed to a strange looking man sitting by a large Dragonite fountain. The man held a large basket with numerous little trinkets sitting in it. A group of small children surrounded him, asking him questions and requesting one of his berries.

Then, Erstad heard the old man say something very strange, "I'm sorry children, but these presents are for my master back at the castle. I must be getting back to her now as she is waiting for me," he said, pushing the children aside and walking in the direction of the castle. Erstad was startled. Did he say back at the castle? MY castle.

"Sir, wait!" Erstad exclaimed, starting towards the man. But then a voice rang in his head If you want to learn more about the castle, meet me at its gates in one hour. And bring your new companions. But remember this: Where the ashes of the past once fell, the identities of the present will be revealed. Erstad froze in his tracks, a look of fear on his face. Was that the old man? He looked at his Lucario, who was tying the key to one of the strings around Togetic's neck. And why did he give my Lucario a key when they were for his master?

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • Ayame quickly turned on her heel and akwardly dashed for the PC. Her phony smile was fading rapidly into a nervous laugh. As far as she could tell, most of the applicants were wealthy. She didn't grow up in a luxurious mansion, but rather a small cabin near the Slateport dock. Furthermore, she didn't have extremely fancy pokemon, just her hard-earned party of ghost and dark pokemon...

Ichigo whinned promptly after reading his trainer's ominious and doubtful thoughts. Ayame, you still love me, don't you? Please don't wish you had other pokemon....It hurts me. Ayame kneeled down to pet her precious houndoom.

"Ichigo, don't think I'd rather take a Milotic over you! You're my best pokemon! Secretly, you're my favorite, too!" Ayame said softly into her pokemon's ear. The dark dog nodded and set off to explore the Pokemon Center, making sure to sniff every trainer and snatch every item avalibale for taking. Ayame walked over to where Nurse Joy was standing behind the counter, looking merry as always.

"Can you heal my pokemon, please?" Ayame asked, handing over her pokeballs. The nurse bobbed her head accordingly and healed them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Samuel Ander

Samuel smiled brightly as he walked down the path on the outskirts of Olivine. It was a beautiful morning, and Samuel was taking in every second of it. The air was fresh, the breeze was cool, and the sun was shining brighter than ever. Raising his arms over his head, Samuel stretched himself out and let out an audible groan. The wind blew his unbuttoned green shirt open and stuck his white undershirt. It also blew through his spike brown hair and caressed his smooth face. Closing his blue eyes, Samuel stretched for a second more and then relaxed. The nap he had taken earlier, while refreshing, had left Samuel a bit stiff. But it wasn't a big problem. In fact, on a morning like this, most problems seem to just disappear. It was just such a calming time. The grass on either side of the path side gently moved in the breeze. The trees, which periodically providing shade from the sun, rustled their leaves filling Samuel's ears with the music of nature. Flowers offered lovely fragrant smells and filled the surrounding area will color. The morning was so nice. The morning was so beautiful. The morning was so peaceful. The perfect morning was....

I AM GOING TO KILL YOU MENOS!

....Over

A small blue mouse pokémon, Menos, dashed between Samuel's legs, laughing, and continued quickly down the road. Seconds, later, a red mouse pokémon, Más, followed suit, looking very angry, covered in dirt. Fueled by anger, it didn't take long for Más to catch Menos and tackle him to the ground. The two mouse pokémon then proceeded to wrestle in the middle of the dirt. Longing for his lost morning, Samuel quickly moved to break the two pokémon apart. As he got closer, he could hear the two arguing. Well, it was more like Más screaming and Menos laughing.

YOU STUPID, IDIODIC, JUVENILLE, BONE-HEAD...

It was just a joke, hahaha, a very funny joke.

LOOK AT ME; I AM COVER IN DIRT LIKE SOME KIND OF GEODUDE. HOW WILL I WIN CONTESTS LOOKING LIKE THIS?

Chill girl. Hahaha, I am pretty sure it comes off with water.

By this time, Samuel had reached the two, and he quickly snatched Más up off of Menos. The tempered pokémon continued her tantrum.

It's not funny to through dirt in someone's face, BUT I WILL BROADEN MY SENSE OF HUMOR IF I GET THE CHANCE.

"Menos, how many times do I have to tell you to leave Más alone? You know how sensitive she is about her appearance." Samuel had to force himself not to laugh. As mean was it was, it was funny to see the usually collected and proper Más covered in dirt and screaming.

"Menos, you apologize to your sister right now." The blue pokémon, finally done laughing, looked up at Más and apologized. "If this happens again, I am going to keep you in your pokéball next time we travel." Menos nodded with understanding. Samuel then turned his attention to Más. "When we get into Olivine, I will get you all cleaned up again. Until then, why don't you stay in your pokéball? That way, no one will see you."

Más, still sad and angry about her appearance, nodded in agreement. She disappeared a moment later in a flash of red light. Putting the pokéball safely at his side, Samuel followed by Menos made his way to Olivine. Upon reaching the town, Samuel quickly made his way towards the Pokémon Center. As he got closer, however, he noticed a large group of trainers gathering close by.

"I wonder if they for the same reason I am." Taking out the piece of paper, Samuel took one more look at it and sighed. "Maybe I shouldn't have come. There is no way I can be as talented as them." With his head down, Samuel made his way into the center.

OOC: Sorry for the long delay. I have been busy.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • "Curses. I knew I should have sprung for a Pokenav when I had the chance. This map is inordinately confusing." Langley complained to Arachne, who sat perched on his shoulder, reading the scrap of paper in his hands. The map was indeed confusing, but unfortunately for Langley, the confusion it caused was partly due to the fact that he was reading it upside-down. The trainer took no notice of this particular detail, instead choosing to fold it up and place it in the pocket of the down vest he wore. Reaching into the other pocket, he muttered, "I suppose it's time to resort to this...." before removing a small, round wooden stick, which he immediately placed on the ground, before removing his hand and jumping back. The stick stood for a moment, before falling to the ground, its end pointing in a north-eastern direction. Langley nodded, and stepped forward, intending to go in the direction the stick indicated, before he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"You know, you could always ask for directions." The old man said, laughing. He wore a brown bowler hat, as well as a much-worn brown suit was probably older then he was. What made Langley jump, however, was the simble on the suit's pocket- a clock pointing towards the zero o' clock number. The same insignia on his own jeans. The family crest of Antechronos.

"G-grandpa? What are you doing here? I thought-" Langley stuttered, before his Grandfather gripped him by the shoulder.

"You thought I was vacationing in Hoenn. I was, but I heard you had made your way out here to Olivine, so I decided to pay my favorite grandson a visit. And besides, I found one of these," the elderly man answered, reaching into his coat pocket and removing a yellowed scrap of paper.

Langley's eyes bugged out. "You got the invite too?" he asked incredulously.

Grandpa nodded, gazing at something over Langley's head. "Yes," he said, "But obviously, an old man like me isn't going to be much help on a treasure hunting expedition. I'm not young enough to go gallivanting after things like that. You, however, are perfectly suited for it- or would be, if you weren't completely unaware that the place you're looking for is right over that hill." With that, the octogenerian grabbed Langley's shoulder again, and in a surprise move whipped him around and pointed ahead, before walking away briskly in the oppposite direction.

"That was certainly odd," Langley commented to Arachne, who had crawled into his backpack during the course of the conversation. "Straight ahead, eh? Alright, let's go."

Fifteen Minutes Later.

As Langley approached the castle, he noticed that a crowd had already gathered. Figuring he had nothing much to lose, he decided to introduce himself. Walking up to the group, he called out, hoping to grab their attention. "Excuse me? I'm Langley Antechronos. I got a message from someone named Estrad Espinaire asking me to come. Are any of you named Estrad Espinaire?"

OOC: And... I'm back!

Years
  • As more people began to join the group, James continued eyeing the stranger. His clothes were brand new, and expensive looking. He had very rare pokemon, too. He seemed very classy, and educated. There was but one solution.

"I know that you're Mr.Epsinare, I am a detective, after all," James whispered into his ear as Estrad's Lucario approached the group with a strange key. Along with him the new members to the group included a girl with a large Houndoom, a handsome boy and a companion who looked like his grandfather, and a girl in a white trenchcoat.

Rebel the Noctowl wasn't pleased with the other people, then again he didn't like most people...He cocked his head to the side, which for a Noctowl is about 180 degrees, staring at the people morbidly.

James couldn't help but wonder who the strange man giving away berries might be. He had given Estrad the key to the castle...but who was he? He had a mysterious air about him, and being the detective he was James couldn't stand being stumped like this.

"Hello all, we best get introductions out of the way before we get going to the castle. My name is James Squier, Mr.Espinare has informed me that he will meet up with us later," the detective said, winking to Estrad. "May I ask all of your names, please?"

OOC: I had the urge to introduce myself as Estrad.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Erstad snorted and gave James a malignant sneer. Whatever... "I'm Rex Altomare, a trainer from Petalburg City on the continent of Hoenn... I actually spoke with Mr. Espinare earlier and he did say to meet him at the gates of the castle as soon as a group formed. So, as soon as we're done with introductions, let's be on our way, shall we?" Erstad said, turning to his Pokemon. His Lucario was eating a Sitrus Berry it had found on a nearby tree, his Milotic was sunbathing, letting the sun shimmer on its scales, and his Togetic was attempting to place a bottlecap on one of its necklaces.

Then, he remembered the old man. Best to not let them talk to him. So he said, "Umm... actually, I'm going to go up ahead. James was it? Can you come with me. I really don't feel like going alone. Togetic! Milotic! Lucario! Come on! We're heading to the castle." He said, turning away from the rest of the group. He grasped his pocket, making sure the key was still there. So he started on his way, hoping James would follow...

Meanwhile, at the castle, a young police officer is invesigating a report of an intruder at the Espinare Castle. The man is well over six feet tall, muscular, strong, and intimidating. He is wearing the normal Olivine Police Force uniform, which consists of a teal hat, short sleeve shirt, and pants with black boots. Following him close by was an Arcanine and a Machoke, both keeping a look out for the intruder as well. "Of course. Another empty call. Well, might as well head--" Then, he heard a crack of a stick nearby. He turned, to find a lone Sudowoodo hanging next to a dying tree. It had its eyes closed and its two arms folded in front of it. He seemed to be sleeping. The Police Officer motioned to his two Pokemon to follow him, and then started towards the Pokemon. As he walked closer to it, he called its name but got no response out of the Pokemon. Then, as he got right up to its face, he noticed the Pokemon had a pink tint to its skin.

"What the--" the officer started, but he was soon interrupted by the Sudowoodo opening its eyes and yelling "Dittttooo!" The Pokemon's body morphed, transforming into an identical copy of the officer except with bubblegum pink eyes. The officer grew startled and stumbled backward, and knocked into something behind him. He turned, and found his two Pokemon subdued, knocked out from a hidden attack. Woosh! That was the last sound the officer heard just before the large bone hit the back of his head. He collapsed to the ground, falling into a large lump of a man.

"Wak..." an emerging figure said as it came out of the bushes. It was wearing a skull helmet and its body was small and brown. It lifted its hand in the air and grabbed the returning bone. Then, coming from a nearby bush, appeared a yellow humanoid figure. It held a pendulum in its hand and its eyes were locked directly on the two sleeping Pokemon. Hmm.. the mistress wants them inside. We can't leave evidence can we? the Hypno said as it lifted the three figures into the air and began its walk into the castle. The Ditto and Marowak followed closely behind, disappearing into the shadows of the castle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Samuel Ander

Samuel made his way up to the front counter of the Pokémon Center and smiled brightly at Nurse Joy. He always found it weird that he had to introduce himself every time. He felt like he had met her multiple times by now. It wasn't until his fourth visit to a Pokémon Center did he figure out there were like fifty of the sisters. Even with that knowledge, Samuel felt like he was talking to a stranger he had met many times before.

"Hi, Nurse Joy," Samuel said happily as he placed two pokéball and Menos on the counter. "My pokémon could really use a good healing." As Menos saw the Nurse Joy, he instantly livened up. The blue mouse pokémon had always had an extreme liking of Nurse Joys. As the Olivine Nurse Joy came closer to the counter, Menos sprang across the gap and landed neatly on her shoulders. He then proceeded to rub up against her cheek. The Nurse Joy, a bit shocked at first, began to laugh and happily scratched the Minun on the head.

"You have a very affectionate pokémon, don't you?" Nurse Joy giggled as she talked and continued to scratch Menos.

"He can get that way around Nurse Joys. It is about the only time he is like this." Samuel watched his pokémon for a bit more before continuing. "But anyways, I need to ask you a favor about one of my pokémon. Is there any way I could have my Plusle clean. She got covered in dirt and is very upset about it."

The Nurse Joy scratched Menos for a few more moments before answering. "It won't be a problem at all. We get that request quite a bit actually. We have a machine that will do the trick in no time. Just give me a minute, and I will have your pokémon back to you." With that, Nurse Joy turned, Menos still on her shoulders, and went to take care of Samuel's pokémon.

As he waited, Samuel turned and looked around at the Center. There were a few people scattered around the place. Nearby, a girl with chestnut hair was standing by her very large houndoom. Samuel was amazed at the pokémon's size. Samuel had never really liked large pokémon. He tended to go for the smaller ones. He never really knew why though. Still, he couldn't help be impress with the girl's dog pokémon.

"You have a very strong looking pokémon there," Samuel said towards the chestnut haired girl. "You must have trained it very well."

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • OOC: Ok, quick post before I head to work. It seems everyone's characters are all over the place. Right now, everyone should be outside of the PokeCenter, unless they went inside to heal their Pokemone. Erstad and James will be heading to the castle, followed shortly by those who want to follow. No one should be at the castle yet. Ok, I'm off to work now.

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
    Years
  • Rain yawns, and starts walking in the direction of the castle, not catching up with the others just yet. She balances an Ultra Ball on her finger, and lightly tosses it up, letting it roll across the palm of her hand as she thinks.

There's gotta be something strange about all this. Something is going on at this castle, I can feel it, she thinks, trying to decide whether or not this was a good idea after all.

The Ultra Ball suddenly bursts open, revealing Rain's black and gold Salamence, Ruby. "Rain, are you okay? You seem troubled," Ruby asks, as they start walking.

"Oh, its nothing," Rain says as she clips the Ultra ball onto her belt. "This whole thing makes me a little nervous, but its probably nothing," she says, and Ruby nods.

Years
  • OOC: Errr...How did Rain just understand her Salamence?

IC:

"Very well it can't hurt to come along, isn't that right, Rex," James said, putting emphasis on the fake name. Estrad wasn't going to fool a pro that easily. "Come on out, Kilroy!" the detective shouted, throwing down a pokeball. A red light exploded from the ball, forming into the shape of a Gengar. James thought that he should release his other pokemon as well, since Estrad had.

James wondered why they were walking on toward the castle ahead of the others. And for that matter where the castle was, he seemed to be the only one who didn't actually know. He supposed it didn't matter, he would see it soon enough anyway.

"Where are we going, anyway? Shouldn't we await the others?" James asked as him and Estrad trenched down the Krabby infested beach. Of course, between Milotic, Gengar, Noctowl, and Lucario the smaller pokemon kept their distance.

Once again James was nearly shaking with excitement. Finally he'd get to see the legendary Olivine Castle, and he'd be the first in decades, maybe even centuries!

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • "Well you see James," he said, emphasizing the detective's name like he had done so to Erstad, "I wanted to let you know something," Erstad said while trying to keep his eye on the other Pokemon. "This castle.. isn't exactly normal." He let out a nervous laugh. I hateee when I do that... Then he continued, "Uhh... the last time someone went into the castle, they never came out. And that was my grandfather forty five years ago. The castle is... umm.. haunted I guess. No one is sure if its just some powerful Ghost Pokemon or if its something else. A human spirit. And I brought you ahead because from what I see, you train certain Pokemon who are.. uhh... attuned to supernatural happenings," he said, nodding towards Gengar and Noctowl.

He stopped suddenly, and looked ahead. The gate to the castle was only twenty feet ahead. And there, standing next to it, was the old man from before. Again, he was surrounded by children, pestering him for one of his trinkets. But he had his eyes closed and seemed to be ignoring the children. As Erstad got closer, the children grew nervous and scattered, much like Rattata who just had a flashlight shone on them.

The old man smiled and said, "Ahh.. you're finally here. And you only brought one of your companions. I hope the others are close." He pushed himself off the wall and took a quick few steps towards James and Erstad. Damn, he's nimble for an old man. "Young man," he said, motioning his closed fist to James, "you better take this." He opened his fist and exposed in his palm was a small golden dagger with a bronze hilt. On the hilt was an intricate emblem.

"That's my... our family crest on that dagger--" Erstad stuttered as he tried to grab the dagger.

"Nuh uh uh.. this is for this young man here. Not you my boy. You--you have the key," the man said with a grin. He turned away from Erstad and grabbing James' hand, placed the dagger in it. "And whatever you do--DO NOT LET HIM HOLD THIS DAGGER!" And with that, the man turned, and placed the basket on the ground. In it were four other trinkets. "Those--are to be distributed to your other companions. They should know which ones to take. Trust me--they'll feel it." Erstad looked at the old man puzzled as he watched him disappear into the gates. Erstad ran forward to see where the man went, but when he got close to the gate, the old man had disappeared. What in the world is going on... I hope I don't pull these people into something they shouldn't be involved in...

ThatInsaneKid

Imma PokeNerd!!! lol :B
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    ((I'm bored. So I'm going to go ahead and join this shindig.

Character's Name: Davis Ryan Lee
    Physical Description: Davis has shaggy, dark red hair, which, at the tips, curls out. He has green eyes, a pale face, and a collection of freckles around his cheek bones and across his nose. He wears a green polo with dark green stripes and a white shirt underneath. Over top he wears a black jacket. He almost always wears blue jeans, with a pair of beat up tennis shoes on his feet. He stands at 5'5".
    Background: Davis was born and grew up in Lilycove, Hoenn. When he was ten, he left for his journey, and since then has yet to return home. After getting his Hoenn badges, he set off for Sinnoh, followed by Johto. While exploring there, he encountered one of the messenger Pidgey, and decided to take a break from his Gym battling to investigate.
    Etc: N/A

Pokemon:

Nickname: Goukazaru
    Species: Infernape
    Personality: Goukazaru, being the Infernape he is, is always raring to get out of his Pokeball and battle. However, he also enjoys playing around with his teammates.

Nickname: Mukkuhawk
    Species: Staraptor
    Personality: Mukkuhawk is laid back, and generally doesn't like battling. But when he gets angered, he won't stop attacking until the opponent has fainted. He and Goukazaru often get into fights.
    Etc: Mukkuhawk is Davis's one and only shiny Pokemon, much to his delight.

Nickname: N/A
    Species: Milotic
    Personality: Milotic is very shy, and tends to stay in his Pokeball unless absolutely neccessary.

---

By the way, when I RP, I use double parentheses for OOC. Just thought I'd let you guys know.))

chomp

Mors Ontologica
    Years
  • Late - entry

I read the large "Still taking applicants" and liked the story, so here goes nothing

Name: Jonathan Lewis
    Physical Description: Jonathan sleep deprived, to say the least, he has large bags under his bloodshot eyes, and a slow reaction time. He wears a big tattered mess of a black coat, grass-stained jeans and wrecked white trainers. He is 5'9 and skinny, but not lanky. He has a long mass of greasy black hair which looks as though it hasn't seen shampoo in months. The root of most of his strange characteristics is his unrelenting insomnia, which only allows him to sleep every two or three days

Background: He didn't have a very steady childhood, as his father left when he was a baby, and because of this, he never had a real father figure. The steady train of men he grew up with offered him nothing in the way of love and support. When he reached 10, and was allowed to leave home to become a pokemon trainer he was only too happy to do so. Instead of one of the starter pokemon he was given a Teddiursa, which he trained and cherished. He has never battled in a gym, preferring to just battle other trainers in a friendly manner. He has been told that he is a "gifted trainer with a unique battle style". He is absent minded, and can find himself going down bizarre trains of though in the middle of a battle. He cares for all of his pokemon a lot, and they are happy with him. He has an odd talent for music, and picks up tunes which get stuck in his head for days, and because of this he tends to hum a lot

Pokemon

Nickname: Ursamajor (Or just "Major")
    Species: Ursaring
    Personality: Ursamajor is fierce, aggressive and quick to anger. He often takes the initiative when Luke becomes distracted in a battle, and is a powerhouse on the field. He cares for Luke deeply, and wants to protect him from anything he sees as a threat; wild pokemon, tame pokemon, even other trainers!
    Etc.: Due to a birth defect, UrsaMajor is missing a claw on his left paw

Nickname: Ursaminor (Or "Minor")
    Species: Teddiursa
    Personality: Ursaminor is bubbly, outgoing and eager to please. She tries to make friends with everyone, and lacks much common sense. She finds it hard to discern between someone liking her, and someone not. On the battlefield, she is speedy and strategic, while not being very powerful.

Nickname: Horne
    Species: Pidgeot
    Personality: Horne acts as Jonathan's memory aid, and primary form of transport. He will try to remind his trainer of important events he has forgotten about by flapping his wings and clawing the sand until Jonathan catches on to what he has forgotten. On the battlefield, he is a mix of agility and power, able to deliver effective attacks and dodge enemy shots. People have often told Jonathan that Horne would do well in pokemon contests, due to his gracefulness and natural talent for flare
    Etc.: The right streamer-like feather on Horne's head is only half length. This happened due to an unfortunate collision with a hedge when he was a Pidgeotto

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Langley growled. It had been moments since the detective and his friend, "Rex Altomare", had run off. Not only had that bumpkin accused him of disguising himself, but he had run off before Langley could accuse him of the supreme crime of insult and beat him into a pulp! This was serious business, and it called for a bit of... retribution.

Langley caught his hand absentmindedly stroking the green Pokeball on his belt, located directly next to the black and gold ball that housed Arachne when she was off-duty, or too tired to crawl around in Langley's backpack. Now that he thought about it, Langley realized, that ball was probably what had forced the detective onto the wrong course. He had no way of knowing that when Langley's family had sent him onto the road, they had decided that traveling and working his way up from the bottom like any ordinary trainer would be good for him. The only things he had received from his family when he started were Arachne, an ordinary Pokeball, some traveling clothes he had long since grown out of, some ordinary department-store camping supplies, and his cell phone. Everything else he had with him he had earned with his own money, received from doing odd jobs, battling other trainers, and in general making his own way.

Langley shook himself out of his flashback. That Rex Altomare person intrigued him. Heading to the castle seemed to be the next order of business, along with correcting the detective's grievous mistake. And when speed was needed...

Langley hurled the Pokeball outward, watching as it opened, releasing a deluge of white light which curled and formed itself into the outline of a large, creamy yellow, fox-like Pokemon. The majestic creature rested daintily on her paws, as a thin wisp of smoke escaped her mouth. With a swish of her nine, flowing tails, she turned, red eyes glinting.

"Would you mind taking me to the castle, dearest Clytemnestra?" Langley asked, bowing his head in a slightly deferential manner.

The Ninetales nodded, and knelt, allowing Langley to slip himself onto her back, careful not to grab one of the swishing tails. With a short bark, the Pokemon took off, and Langley was on his way to the palace.

Years
  • Nuh uh uh.. this is for this young man here. Not you my boy. You--you have the key," the man said with a grin. He turned away from Erstad and grabbing James' hand, placed the dagger in it. "And whatever you do--DO NOT LET HIM HOLD THIS DAGGER!" And with that, the man turned, and placed the basket on the ground. In it were four other trinkets. "Those--are to be distributed to your other companions. They should know which ones to take. Trust me--they'll feel it," the crazy looking old man said, leaving the basket of trinkets at their feet. It was definetely an odd assortment of items, for sure.

"Thank you, sir...I'll be sure to hold onto it" James said, stowing the dagger away within his coat. "It seems that someone is following us to the castle, though. So I suppose we can deal with the dagger later on," the detective continued as the rich man on the Ninetales grew closer.

The man seemed angry for some reason, and was obviously heading toward him and Estrad. James wondered why he was going so quickly, perhaps he was just as excited as James, but with speedy transportation.

He supposed that they were prepared to go into the castle anyway, so his arrival wouldn't harm them. Besides they needed to give away the...trinkets anyway. Of course as a detective James was still curious about the Old Man. He was beginning to feel nervous to the events that may take place.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • "Clyte! Slow down a bit! I can barely hold on at this rate!" a ragged Langley pleaded as he and his Pokemon barreled towards the palace gates. An equally ragged Arachne poked her head from his backpack, her eyes swirling from the dizziness of being knocked up and down.

Rolling her eyes, Clytemnestra slowed her pace slightly as she cantered towards the castle, where Rex and the detective were already waiting. Langley was too jostled, however, to dismount, instead opting to release his grip on the Ninetales's back and drop to the ground unceremoniously, Spinarak in tow. The fox Pokemon shook her head haughtily at the antics of her trainer before stepping forwards and bowing slightly to the old man, the detective, and the trainer at the gates.

Pulling himself to his feet, Langley brushed his body free of grass, before removing a Pokeball from his belt and pressing the capture switch. Immediately, a beam of red light shot from the ball before striking Clytemnestra's body, causing her to lose shape and form as she too dissolved into red light and disappeared within the ball. "Greetings," he announced, giving one final brush before turning towards the so-called Rex Altomare. "I take it you're finished with this charade, Mr. Espinaire? Believe me, if all you can do to disguise yourself is use the name of a city, I'm really not so sure that you're going to find anything worthwhile on your own in this palace."

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back