• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forbidden Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
  • OOC: Okay, no more applicants. We're good. Chomp and ThatInsaneKid... you're in. Hurry up and introduce yourselves. If you don't before we enter the castle, then don't bother joining.

And I'm sorry for my absence. I had a three day graduation party so I've been very busy. Haha...

IC:

Erstad snorted. I'm such a bad liar... he moaned to himself. "Ah... I wasn't sure if you all had heard of the city Altomare. Yes, I'm Erstad Espinare the Third... The technical owner of this castle. But, in my duration of the my ownership, I've never been inside this castle. I've spent my life in the other Espinare manors in Hearthome City of Sinnoh, Ecruteak City of Johto, and Saffron City of Kanto. And, as of the last several years, I have researched this particular castle and the strange happenings that have been reported recently. Disappearances, apparations, and strange screams. This castle is so large, I couldn't do it alone. So, I sent invites around the world and hoped the strongest trainers would respond. And I think I lucked out."

"Oh yes. I have a present for you Langley," he reached into his pocket and pulled out a pearl necklace, tarnished and beat up from the years it had been passed around. Tied around it was a small piece of paper with the name "Langley" on it. "This is for you," he said, tossing it to Langley.

He sighed and looked up to the castle. What the...! In the upper tower, in the northern window, a shadowy figure stood. He couldn't tell if it were male or female or Pokemon. As soon as it had appeared, it disappeared into the rest of the shadows that engulfed the castle. He stood with his mouth agape, stunned and shaken.

"Oh my god guys. We really need to get in that castle. I think someone beat us in there. I just saw something in there. We have to hurry. Catch up when the others arrive. I'm heading in!" Erstad sprinted to the door, wanting to get inside more now than he had before.

Years
  • "I'm sure you were just imagining things, Estrad! Shouldn't you wait for the others to arrive?!" James called after Estrad, as the castle's owner sprinted away. Langley was still standing beside James, both of them watching as Estrad ran off. "Oh, forget it..." James muttered, rolling his eyes slightly as he began running after Estrad.

There were still several invitees that were back behind them, farther down the beach. James picked up the basket of trinkets as he ran toward the castle, wondering how they were supposed to give them to the others at this rate. The detective waved the others over toward the castle, signaling them to come.

"Estrad! Please wait up!" James shouted in his scruffy voice, he was having trouble running in the large trenchcoat, not to mention the large Noctowl on his arm. The old man was nowhere to be seen anymore, something felt eerie about the castle. James shrugged off the feeling though, it was probably just excitement. "Will you fly already," James said, coming to a halt, panting. Rebel stayed on his arm, staring out onto the ocean. "Very well, then..." James said, returning the Noctowl to it's pokeball. Luckily the Gengar was obedient.

James stood there catching his breath for a few moments, trying to see what Rebel was looking at. It seemed to be the Whirl Islands, but it was hard to tell through the foggy silhouette. He'd always wondered if the rumors of a Lugia nesting there were true, but that mystery would have to wait for another day.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Samuel Ander

"I am a complete loser," Samuel mumbled as he trudged slowly down the beach. His head was hanging low on his shoulder, and his arm hung limply at his side. He was practically dragging his feet through the sand. Menos sat on Samuel's shoulder doing the best he could to cheer his owner up.

Maybe she didn't hear you. It was kinda noisy in the Pokémon Center.

"I was standing right beside her. There was no way she couldn't hear me." Samuel tried to brush the mouse pokémon off his shoulder, but Menos simply moved to the other side.

Maybe she thought you were talking to someone else.

"Yeah, like there was more than one houndoom there. Face it; she just didn't want to talk to me." Samuel kicked at a rock that was sticking out of the sand. Unfortunately, the rock was bigger than Samuel thought, and did not budge. Pain shot through his foot, causing him to balance on his good foot. Not being the most balanced person in the world, Samuel quickly fell backwards in the sand. Menos landed neatly on his chest.

I hate to say this to you boss, but you need to suck it up. Someone ignored you, so what. If you let things like that get to you, you will never make it as a trainer.

Samuel, after staring at his pokémon for a moment, began to laugh. "Hahaha, I guess your right, Menos. No use worrying over silly things like that. She was probably just consumed in her own thoughts and did not hear me. But anyways, let's keep moving. We are almost to the castle." After a few more minutes of walking, Samuel and Menos came to the entrance of a very large castle.

"This must be the place," Samuel said while taking a good look at the old castle. "Espinare Castle, I guess it is not what it use to be, but it is still quite impressive." Samuel marveled at the building for a bit longer before making his way through the gate. Upon passing through, he got a view of three trainers. Two of them were running towards the castle doors. One had blonde hair and a black shirt. The other sported a long brown trench coat and hat. He looked liked the inspectors you saw in old movies. Another trainer still stood still. His longer silver hair was quite impressive but not as impressive as his Ninetales. It was a disappointment when its trainer recalled it. About this time, the man in the trench coat began waving as if he wanted people to follow. Not quite sure what to do, Samuel made his way to the silver haired kid.

"What's going on here? Why are they in such a hurry to get in there?"

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
    Years
  • Rain and Ruby landed at about that time. Rain had taken the oppertunity to do a quick search from the air of the castle, and she recalls the black and gold Salamence as she looks around at the others.

"Nice place," she mutters, thinking about the figure that she had glimpsed in the castle tower. "Welcome to castle Dracula..."

In reality she was still a little nervous about all this. She had traveled around the pokemon world several times, and there where always rumors about this place.

She shrugs, and shakes it off, glancing over the other trainers. "Hi," she says. "I'm Rain Skylark, are you all here for the castle thing?"

chomp

Mors Ontologica
    Years
  • Super Ultra Mega Late

OOC: I have been away from my computer for a while, I am very sorry for the lateness of, well, everything

IC:

"Oh God! Whats the time? I'm so late!" Jonathan clutched at the Pidgeot's feathers, "Can you not go any faster Horne? I had to be in Olivine hours ago!" he urged the bird forwards
    "Pijoot!" it screeched, in acknowledgment of it's owners request
    "Wait, Hey! Olivine's just there! No time to go to the pokemon center, head for the big creepy castle" he commanded, "Could the day possibly be going much worse?" He had overslept, and the irony was not lost on him. The invitation told him to go to the pokemon center, but he reasoned that the rest of the trainers had left for the castle without him, so he went there instead. There was already a group of people there, one of whom was presumably this Ersat Escalade, or whatever his name was
    "Pijooot!" the bird again screeched as he neared the group
    "Sorry I'm late!" he shouted as Horne came to a clumsy landing on the path to the gate. He ran after the trainers, who had already begun entering the castle. As he neared them, he could hear their conversation;
    "I'm Rain Skylark, are you all here for the castle thing?" one girl asked, maybe he wasn't as late as he had first thought
    "Hi -puff- I'm -pant- Jonathan -wheeze-" he tried to catch his breath, "Castle thing, yeah. Estrad Espinare" that was his name. "Where is Mr. Espinare?" he looked round the group, but, due to the fact he had no idea what Estrad looked like, he didn't know which one he was

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Erstad reached for the door and tugged on the handle, but it didn't budge. He sighed and thought Aww damn... its locked! He turned and leaned on the door, but when he turned, he was shocked by the amount of people who had followed him. People were landing on numerous flying Pokemon, ranging from a shiny Salamence to a large bird Pokemon he presumed was a Pidgeot. He had seen plenty of Pidgeys but never a Pidgeot, but due to the resemblance, he guessed it was the tiny bird's evolution. He looked at James, who had followed him. "Umm.. is there a key in there by any chance?"

He looked at the horizon and noticed large, ominous looking clouds were barreling towards the castle. "Oh god... I hope we get inside before it rains. These are the only clothes I brought..." Swoosh! Something flew by his face, disappearing as quickly as it had appeared. He looked up and saw a Gengar hovering above them. But it looked... wierd. Its face looked as if it was drawn on by a three-year old and its body held a pink tint to it. And, its facial expression looked almost sweet, very different from the typical mischievous look of normal Gengars.

The Pokemon etched closer, heading towards James. It sped up as it approached, seeming to prepare an attack. Quickly Erstad called his Togetic, who was resting in a nearby bush, "Togetic quick. Use Ice Beam on that pink Gengar!" The Pokemon quickly reacted to its mother's order and without hesitation it fired up a sphere of white, frigid energy in front of its opened mouth. It reared its head backward and fired the energy in a long, slender beam at the Gengar. It turned quickly and without notice, its body began to glow. Evolution? Gengar doesn't evolve! Soon, emerging from the light was a Jynx. The beam struck it head-on but because of its type advantage, the Ice-Type attack barely made it flinch.

"It is a Ditto! Quickly Togetic, hurry up and use Flamethrower before it transforms again!" Togetic went in for the charge all the while gathering flames in its mouth. It got face to face with the Transforming Pokemon and drenched it in a river of fire. The Ditto let out a human-like cry much like a Jynx, but found itself distorted from the pain and the tone of its Ditto voice. The Pokemon fell backward, covered in burns. Again it began to glow and quickly transformed into a Spearow. It took off from the spot it was laying on and headed towards the castle.

"Forget the key! Follow Ditto! It might lead us to another way into the castle! Hurry, let's go!" And again Erstad set off, following the pink Spearow.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Langley stared. "My. I'm only here for five minutes, and already I've ended up with a pearl necklace and a psychotic Ditto chase has started. Perhaps this wasn't such a good idea after all." he commented to Arachne, who nodded her spiderlike head in agreement. Shrugging, Langley nodded to his Pokemon, and joined the chase. The pink Spearow looped and dived as it saw them approaching, moving from place to place about the castle. Langley bit his tongue to keep from cursing. Whatever else could be said about that Ditto, one thing was for sure: it was good at what it did. If anyone had wanted to attack the group, now would be the perfect oppur-

Oh, crap. Langley realized, sliding to a halt. What if this Ditto is some sort of diversion? "Erstad, wait!" he bellowed, frantically trying to warn his fellow trainer that he might be running into a trap.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Just as Langley called for Erstad, a Hypno stepped out of a nearby bush. It raised its arm straight out with its palm open. Its eyes began to emanate a purple aura, and its pendulum began to swing back and forth. Immediately, Erstad began to feel woozy and his body began to relax. Anyone in sight of the Hypno too would of begun to feel this way. Erstad dropped to one knee, finding his usually powerful mind falling to the Hypno's hypnosis. His eyes began to close and he eventually fell into a huge clump of a person, with his Togetic following right next to him.

The Ditto landed nearby and took the form of a Machamp. He would go around and collect all of those who had fallen, including their Pokemon, and take them inside of the castle. Who knew what awaited them inside.

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
    Years
  • (Sorry I haven't posted, just comming on to say that I'm going to be gone until Tuesday or Wednesday, vacation.)

Years
  • "That's no normal Ditto, usually they take the shape of an opponent that it sees, not a pokemon of it's choosing," James said as Estrad ran off. James had been thinking out loud, his chin stroking his goatee as he thought. "Estrad definetely shouldn't be following that Ditto..."

"Erstad, wait!" Langley shouted from beside James. It was too late. A Hypno jumped out from the corner of the castle, waving it's pendulum at Estrad. A violet aura began to enevlop the Hypno's eyes, it was using hypnosis. Estrad and Togetic both fell to the ground, asleep. Something was going on at this castle. Pokemon never band together like this, especially to harm people. They seemed as though they were already trained, but James hadn't seen anyone around who could own them.

"That Hypno's strong, and so's the Ditto...Come back, Kilroy, we can't fight these pokemon..." James said, beginning to grow weary. His entire body seemed to become heavy as he fell to the ground unconcious, a result of the hypnosis. Luckily he managed to return Kilroy, just before he fell.

mew three

Mewtwo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2007
    (i didnt read the hole of this thread so i dont know if ur done searching for trainers but ill av a wack at it and if u want you can put me in at the point ur at like they walk into me or somin)
    Characters name:Storm

Physical description:Red Spiky hair,Green and blue eyes,likes to wear sunglasses,wears a jacket with a picture of mewtwo on it and blue jeans with a little keyring of Mew.

Background:Grew up in Cerulean city with his Dad,Mom,big Brother and The familys pet houndor.Storm was mad about legendery pokemon, he loved them all.He has met Mew before in a forest.Ever since that day he could talk to pokemon through minds.Storm mad Friends with Mew so Mew talks to Storm through minds.
    Etc:Storm has a power that allows him to talk to pokemon throguh minds.Storm is very funny,(a little)Sarcastic,Cool like,tough and charming.

Nickname: Blade
    Species:(male)Scizzor
    Personality:Hard Working,Loyal,Is always ready to fight,Will do anything to protect Storm cause he loves (not in the gay way) him.
    Etc:Has a scar down his face,is oange instead of red.

Nickname:Growler
    Species:(male)Mightyena
    Personality:Loving,Caring,Never dissobays.
    Etc:Has a much more sensitive nose then usual Mightyena.

Nickname:Bone
    Species:(male)Steelix
    Personality:Slightly Aggresive,Outgoing,Usualy wants to fight with Growler.
    Etc:The rock its made out of is more thicker then usual rock.

thx for reading and i hope i get put in.

chomp

Mors Ontologica
    Years
  • Oh noes

Jonathan watched in horror as a Hypno dropped Erstad and his Togetic. The other trainers were doing nothing to help, and Jonathan was suddenly furious. He pulled a pokeball from his jacket and threw it in the air
    "Major! Help that guy!" he shouted as a large bear emerged from the light. It roared and charged at the Ditto, and Jonathan ran behind it

"Horne!" he shouted to his Pidgeot, "Get that damn Ditto! Aerial Ace!" the bird took to the skies with a flap of it's large wings, and took off after the Spearow

"Ursamajor, use Hammer Arm!" he commanded. The Ursaring immediately began round-housing towards the Hypno, punching it aside powerfully. Just as Jonathan went to recall his pokemon, a Marowak darted from the bushes, and cracked Ursamajor over the head with it's bone club. The bear backed up in shock at this surprise attack, and the Hypno regained it's feet and concentrated on it's Hypnosis.

"Any help would be appreciated" he called back to the other trainers, as the Ditto turned into a rose tinted Charizard, and turned the tables on his Pidgeot, "Horne, use Tailwind!" this would not harm the Ditto, but would give Horne the speed necessary to outrun it. The Pidgeot swerved as a Flamethrower tore through the air inches from it's wings; upon hearing this command from it's trainer, it streamlined itself, and began to gain speed quickly, making it easy to evade the Charizard/Ditto.

Erstad lay on the ground, at the mercy of the Hypno, as the Marowak and Jonathan's Ursaring stood their ground, staring at each other with contempt. The Marowak seemed to want to protect the Hypno, and the Ditto was acting as their distraction, which was strange, as wild pokemon of different species tend not to band together like this. As Jonathan reached this conclusion, he could feel his eyes begin to droop; it must be the Hypno, he never felt tired! That Hypno seemed to be affecting the others as well, he saw the man by the door drop to the ground

"Horne...r...ret...return" he managed before collapsing, asleep, the Pidgeot's pokeball still in his hand. The last thing he remembered was his Ursaring falling protectively around him, his paws around Jonathan; guarding his master to the last.

The darkness enveloped Jonathan as he drifted deeper and deeper to sleep. He could feel his body falling, but he was relaxed, serene. Suddenly the dark was gone, and he was in a room. It was large, fancy, and full of dancing, talking, happy people. He tried to move, but it was like he was walking in syrup, so he stood. There were people all around him, in what he assumed was a ballroom of some kind; there were dancing couples, tables upon tables of lavish food, and a string quartet in the corner. There was chat and laughter all around, it was a happy place. A scream suddenly echoed through the room, and the music stopped. The dancing and the talking and the laughing ceased, and guests started to worry. Then Jonathan, along with the other people, saw the flames. They were licking out of a window on one of the wings, and they were eating through the building with unnatural speed. Suddenly the room was full of terrified shrieks and screams as the guests crowded to get to the door. People were trampled and pushed aside, and nobody was getting out. The flames were in the room, destroying the curtains, and engulfing the tables of food. Jonathan stood, transfixed, with horror as he watched the flames approach the guests. The door, the big heavy main door, was heaved open, but that only fueled the fire. People were blown back as the inferno sucked air in from the doorway, and Jonathan began to sob as he saw people screaming, their faces contorted in pain, as the flames ate them alive.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • OOC:

Sorry Mew three... I forgot to change the status to no applicants. I can't let you join this game. Anyway, here we go...

IC:

Erstad's body had fallen into complete stillness. Everything had faded into black and the world had all but disappeared. But suddenly, Erstad heard a voice. At first it sounded distant but the longer it spoke, the louder it grew. Then, within the blackness, a room began to take form. Wait, this is the dining room back in Ecruteak... There was the large oak dining table, the large crystalline chandelier that had been installed above it, and the numerous paintings that lined the room.Oh... there's some people at the table... At first they were blurry and unrecognizable but as the rest of the room came into focus, so did the people. Mom! And there's me! Sitting at the head of the table was a young boy of around the age ten. His hair was cut in that terrible bowl cut style, he wore his blue and white school uniform with the shined black shoes and red, hideous tie. Seated on his lap was Togepi, who was looking up all doughy-eyed at the boy. Then, seated next to him was a woman around the age thirty five. Her hair was a shimmering blond and she wore a gorgeous lavender and blue dress that fit on her waist like a corset. The boy was reading a large, dusty-looking book while the woman ate her breakfast.

"Erstad! Stop reading that old book. You have an algebra test today and you should be studying for it," she reached out to grab the book, but young Erstad pulled it away from her.

"I'm sorry Mother. But I just got to the part about our castle in Olivine. The part about the fire. It's sooo cool," he said with the enthusiasm of a young child. "But, it's kind of sad, y'know. Especially about Catalina. Poor girl..." Erstad said with a sad look on his face.

"Yeah... she was your age actually when she died. And she had just received three Pokemon for her birthday. Just like you..." she said as she stood. She walked over to a nearby painting, where a young girl was seated in a large chair. She wore two large ponytails, one on each side of her head. She was wearing a long red dress that had a large collar around her neck. She had a cute smile on her face and her hands were folded across her lap. And she was surrounded by three Pokemon: a Ditto was seated on her lap, a Marowak was perched on the top of the chair, and a Hypno stood next to her, staring at his owner. "They never found the remains of her Pokemon though. They're not sure if they died or they ran out before the fire started. Whatever their fate, they were never seen again...."

Dammit! I knew those Pokemon looked familiar. They were Catalina's Pokemon! But, what were they doing back at the castle...

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • OOC:

Hey you guys. I hate to do this but I'm gonna ask for this RP to be closed. I've kind of lost interest in this RP and I really don't feel like anyone is really involved in it anyway. But I think I'll be starting another one soon so look for that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back