• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 30-day Song Challenge - Again! [read first post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
  • Day 2: Least Favorite Song

This. Every time I turn on the radio this song is always on and I want to gauge my eyes out. Nikki Minaj needs to please just go away. Her singing is basically high pitched shrieking and I'm not a fan of David Guetta at all ughhh.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Day 2 - Least Favorite Song

This was really hard for me, I don't really hate much songs, but I guess if I was to pick one..

I just dislike how cocky this song is. Like otherwise, I'd probably be able to stand it, but I just reaaaaally hate that dude in the video and how he sings.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

There is NO point in posting it, because the people above posted nearly everything that came to my mind when I think of "least favorite song." I hate Domino because it was overplayed on the radio, I hate Sexy and I Know It because dear GOD that guy is not sexy, and I hate Turn Me On because Nicki Minaj needs to shut up and buy a toy if she needs sex that bad.

In addition to those, here's my most recent least favorite.

Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - Kelly Clarkson

This is not a bad song by any means, but it is everywhere. I can't turn on the radio for five seconds without hearing this, and now it's just annoying and I never want to hear it again. That and it's a Taylor Swift kinda deal, only instead of whining, Kelly seems to always be pissed off when she sings about a guy, and if she's not pissed, she's sulking and blaming them or herself for everything. Usually the former though. Fire your guns now, guys. I know you want to. lol

Years

Artist: Nicki Minaj and apparently David Guetta.

Subpar female rapper trying to be a pop artist results in an awful song. After finding the title I just realized it was the same song as Jake's, haha.

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Day 2 - Least Favourite Song

[I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) by Pitbull]

Spoiler:

Yes, it just had to be a Pitbull song. I don't hate Pitbull, but after being subject to my cousins repeatedly playing his songs, it started to irk me quite a bit. I don't really listen to Pitbull though, since I don't usually listen to this type of music. This song was just the first to come to mind.​

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Nope sorry not missing out!

Day 1 - Your Favourite Song

It fluctuates all the time; I really wouldn't want to put my favourite song right now and then have it change, so I guess my favourite song overall would be The Fray's How To Save A Life

I was introduced to it first by Grey's Anatomy (and then by it being played everywhere back in 2005 or 2006 or somewhere around there. The chorus got stuck in my head and for some reason the second half of the chorus always moves me. I honestly can't explain it beyond that. Things move me for no apparent reason; I have no connection with the song to anything in my life because I've never really been through anything. Maybe I'm picking up on something from a past life lmao.

Shining Raichu

Years
  • Day 2 - Least Favourite Song

This song always makes my skin crawl every time I hear it. "Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood and the Destroyers.

I think that as well as being my least favourite song in the entire world, it is also just objectively bad. Every time he says "b-b-b-b-b-b-bad" I want to punch him in the mouth. It is so annoying.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Aaaaand moving this on!

~

Day 3 - A song that makes you happy.

Eyes On Fire (Zeds Dead Remix) - Blue Foundation

Partly because I think it's a really nice and fairly relaxing (although there is more relaxing out there definitely) bit of dubstep, but mostly because it's mainstream. And amazing. It's a good reminder that not all modern dubstep is turning bad and that in itself makes me happy.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Day 3 - A Song That Makes You Happy

So Good - B.o.B

This is recent too. There are a lot of songs that make me happy, but I'm going ahead and choosing this cause it was a pleasant surprise on the radio. All that other crap, and then this came on and I thought "a GOOD mainstream song?!" There's just something about it that makes me feel good. Makes me wanna take good care of whoever I'm with and let them know they're important. But then I remember I'm lazy and don't wanna do that lol. But it's nice to at least think about it, right?! Plus it makes me happy that not all rappers are rapping about dat ass. I don't know his other songs though so maybe he does IDK but still!

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Day 03 - A song that makes you happy.

Boombox - Bassnectar (Cozza Frenzy, 2009)

I just love it. Even if it's in a minor key it's a motivational song. I love the lyrics "There's nothing in life that I can't achieve". Oh well, I love it and it makes me happy. That's all that matter.

Years
  • Missed Day 2 so screw it, I'mma do two in one.
    Day 2: My least favourite song.

When a song's production has so few notes in it, I'll probably dislike it. I know that for this genre (which isn't exactly pop; Chris Brown seems to just deviate between Hip Hop/Rap and Pop) the backing track isn't exactly the focus, but I usually take all aspects of a song into account when listening to it, and... I don't like this.
    Day 3: A song that makes me happy
    Makes me happy... Hmm. There's quite a few of these, one in particular, but it makes me feel many other things, so I'll save it for another category. For here, I'll put this one:

Choon. Enough said. But I'mma say more.

The verses don't make much sense to me, but I very much like the chorus, and the music itself... AWESOME. Just amazing, and this song always makes me happy when I hear it because of how good it is, and how different it was to One (also by SHM; just found this unexpected).

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Day 01 - Your favourite song.

TIE

We Laugh Indoors by Death Cab For Cutie

I've always loved this song for the lyrics and tune and I just love Death Cab and I think it personifies them and my soul... man so awesome.

Pink Triangle by Weezer

This pretty much describes my life from ages thirteen to seventeen! The girl I really really liked ended up being a lesbian and I had no idea. We even went out a date one time xD So funny... but the song just speaks to me and it's so awesome just for that.

Day 02 - Your least favourite song.

We Found Love by Rihanna

They play this song on the radio way too much and at work even more. I hear it at least five times a day and I want to just head desk every time I hear it. It's repetitive and boring... I FOUND LOVE IN A HOPELESS PLACE over and over again FML!!!!!

Day 03 - A song that makes you happy.

Switzerland by Bison

I really like this song, every time I hear it on the radio it makes me really happy and I sing it out loud since I know all the lyrics xD They're actually a local band here but they're starting to really take off and their CD is phenomenal. It's called Quill and you get it off their website. :3

I hope you enjoy... they're from Chesapeake, VA! Right by me and Morkula.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years

Childish is amazing. The beat of this song is amazing. The music video is just him dancing around and it's awesome. The vibe of this song just makes me so happy.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • No videos, so you will have to put up with my laziness.
    Day 01 - Your favourite song.
    This can be fickle, but right now it's Saving Grace by Point of Grace. Besides the great double meaning of the song title and the inspiring lyrics, the melody is upbeat yet soothing and the vocals are excellent.

Skipping Day 2 since there's so many horrible songs I'd have a hard time choosing.

Day 03 - A song that makes you happy.
    Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship. I've honestly constantly had this song in my playlists for over a decade now, and it's upbeat 80's at its best... just a great tune to listen to.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Spoiler:

IT'S LITERALLY THE EPITOME OF MY CHILDHOOD IT WAS A GOOD SONG THEN AND IT'S A GOOD SONG NOW
    IF YOU DON'T AGREE THEN YOU ARE a w i t c h !

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Day 3 - A song that makes you happy

Ice Cream (ft. Matias Aguayo) - Battles

This song is genius. It's just such a cheery hook, and with its childish recklessness and playful tempo increase, it just makes me smile and dance.

Years
  • Day 3 - A song that makes you happy.

Calm Lands - Final Fantasy X OST

A nice upbeat theme which makes me feel happy on the inside. The piano is really soothing too.

Shining Raichu

Years

REM - "It's The End Of The World As We Know It"

The song itself is a bit ordinary, but I live for the chorus. "It's the end of the world as we know it... and I feel fine" is just such a happy wonderful message to me. It's like... no matter what, everything's gonna be OK :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back