• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 30-day Song Challenge - Again! [read first post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
  • Day 28 - A song that makes you feel nostalgic

There's nothing that makes me feel more nostalgic about my childhood and family trips to my grandma's house than Disney songs. I Just Can't Wait to be King just happens to be my personal favorite.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Spoiler:

Everyone else can go home.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Day 28

Garbage - Cherry Lips

I totally dug this as like a whatever-year-old kid I was. I just feel nostalgic when I hear this, cause it imprinted on my memore so hard.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Day 28 - A song that makes you feel nostalgic

"Perfect Day" - Hoku

This was the song that played at the beginning and end of Legally Blonde (shut up) and to me this just SCREAMS early 2000s. We watched the movie weekly for a while in 2002 (it was one of our first ever DVDs and we were very excited :P), so when I hear that song i'm just immediately transported back to sixth grade...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Day 29 - A song from your childhood

This has 47 million views on YouTube. 47! MILLION! VIEWS! Most of that has to be 90s kids like me wanting to get a quick nostalgia fix, right? Is it really, really bad that this is the first song that came into my head when I read the title for today's post? I'm going to say "yes, yes it is!"

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years

Do I really need to give an explanation for this one?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years

The Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers theme song

THIS MUSIC WAS MY EARLY CHILDHOOD. I had the option to link to the full song which is equally awesome, but it's just not the same without the dialogue and sound effects going over it! JUST LIKE THE OLD TIMES.

Nooooooo-one will ever take them down. THE POWER LIES ON THEIR SI-YI-YI-YI-YI-Y-IIIIIIIIIDE!

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Spoiler:

Never quite got the gist of what they were saying, but this song was my LIFE in 2003. God bless you, Las Ketchup, for providing the song to my childhood.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Looks like it's up to me to close this mother up!

Day 30 - Your favourite song at this time last year

It's still my favourite song as of now, but why tamper with a classic. The extended theme and variations riff, the complex vocals that go from one earbud to the other, the pounding drums and guitar... this song is just so, so, good, you guys. It has pretty much everything I like about music all in about seven minutes. Bliss.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Aw, it's kinda sad, it's been a good 30 days, guys.

Day 30

The Strokes - Under Cover Of Darkness

This song released in Feb last year, and as a huge fan of The Strokes, I listened to it so hard. With it's cheery tones, and just general amazingness, it was definitely my favourite song this time last year~

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I hate when these things end, they're always fun =/

Day 30 - Your favorite song this time last year

Makes sense, I was learning it on guitar. Plus it's an awesome song in general <3

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Day 28 - A song that makes you feel nostalgic

[Year 3000 by Busted]
    Spoiler:

This song really takes me back. I remember singing this song so much as a kid, and it was such a popular song too. It seems I remember most of the lyrics too haha.

Day 29 - A song from your childhood

[Original Pokémon Opening Theme Song]
    Spoiler:

I absolutely love this song tbh. (゜▽゜*)

Day 30 - Your favourite song at this time last year

[Worlds and Dreams by Misery Signals]
    Spoiler:

I'm not sure I can describe how utterly beautiful this song is. I loved this, and still do.

It's been a great 30 days guys. <3; ..and apologies for always being late. ;;
    All of you have brilliant music taste. I'm going to dearly miss this. ;;

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024

We had a good run, guys. It's been a blast.

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back