• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Sea of Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
Looks like a good hack, But I dont like the tiles in the 1st and 3rd screens, they bug me.. The outline and 3Dness needs work, otherwise, good job!

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Cheri Sap = Cheri Berry? Does this mean saps will replace berries? If so, kudos for an original idea. :) All looks sweet, you better let me play this hoe.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
You guessed it ;)

I made some item images for the "Sap Swab" and the "Sap Identifier"

Swab:
SapSwab.png

Identifier:
DenslasPearl.png

Thats all I have to share now

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
You guessed it ;)

I made some item images for the "Sap Swab" and the "Sap Identifier"

Swab:
SapSwab.png

Identifier:
DenslasPearl.png

Thats all I have to share now
Awesome. One problem though, you use a swab for collecting pollen, not sap xD Anyways, what exactly does the identifier do(besides identifying it, of course)? I mean, does it store them, or just identify them? Haha.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Awesome. One problem though, you use a swab for collecting pollen, not sap xD Anyways, what exactly does the identifier do(besides identifying it, of course)? I mean, does it store them, or just identify them? Haha.

Yea it also stores them :3, and who says swabs cannot be used to collect sap? xD

Preview of something you should know

PreviewOaksLab.png

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Yea it also stores them :3, and who says swabs cannot be used to collect sap? xD

Preview of something you should know

PreviewOaksLab.png
Ah, I figured it probably stored them too. Haha yeah, I know, just poking fun. zomfg Oak's lab. sexy. I love the look of all these tiles togethar. Good luck mah man.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
About the new items, just telling you lighting always comes from the top left, and it seems your shading is a bit off :S

But it's nice to see this progressing steadily :)

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
About the new items, just telling you lighting always comes from the top left, and it seems your shading is a bit off :S

But it's nice to see this progressing steadily :)

Thanks, well today I will be bringing you Pallet Town! I know I skipped ahead of Saffron and some stuff but I wanted to do this first :3. Also about the shading and lighting I will fix, those were quick pixel works to show an example.

Oh! The new screenshots look awesome Panda! :3
The css does too. ;P

Thank you very much!

and now....

Update

I present you Pallet Town.​

PalletTown.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
good story, I always liked the Orange Islands, but no games featuring Orange Islands ever got completed, like Naranja...
Pallet town looks good too!

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
new topic ^-^
anyways I really like what you've done with it.
Wow just give a rom hacker some time and he completely revamps everything.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
i like the new tiles, custom?

or did u get it from somewhere?

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Alright the first post has new pictures

OK, so I was thinking, would you guys want a holidays alpha which would not go to far in (Maybe Saffron?). Or wait for one which will extend to the crash on the Orange Islands

Just wanted to update you all with a quick text update.

Anyways I wanted to point out some stuff which I am doing.There will be only 251 pokemon as only 2 regions are available and in the anime these areas did not have more. Also I am working on some exciting scripts including the Oak TV event, package delivery etc. Some more information on sap will be included as Oak will be giving you running shoes, sap swab/analyzer, and of course your pokemon and pokedex. He will deck you out in other words. Sap is going to replace berries, but have different means of use. It will not be fully functional in the first betas. I am currently at a stand still with ASM learning as I am working majorly on the base and such of this hack so that will be worked on with more time etc.

Hope this wraps up some thoughts in your heads.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Those trees look much better. And so does the sand path... :P
This has been bothering me, though: What the hell is a sap? xD

Trees produce sap, now in the Pokemon world it is of more importance, I actually will be creating a table of how you can use it. Most of it will be for selling to stores or events etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back