• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Sea of Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Trees produce sap... Maybe I know what it is but in my language it would be translated as juice xD

XD, well its like an insulating product. If you look at a tree, the bark may be covered with "sap" which is a sticky brownish colored goop. (It tastes horrible :()

LINK

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Trees produce sap... Maybe I know what it is but in my language it would be translated as juice xD

Snas onej krv sta ide iz drveche? Hahaha

Anywaayss, I really like the new tiles because they fit in perfectly unlike the old ones which contrasted a bit too much.

Also, i've tried making realistic maps before, don't make them too big because theres too many houses and it causes confusing, but good luck :)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Just wanted to wave a hand here, showing admiration.

This hack gives me a wonderful feeling just looking at it.
    I like the overworld, but mostly, the tiles, especially those new tree tiles in the last update!

The storyline has a sheer unique touch in it, as well. An evil plot against pokemon trainers worldwide unravels...

having only 251 is fine with me, it has its advantages, from one's point of view. And yeah, Orange Islands is one promising region to work on.

I wish you Good Time with this. Because time you need, not luck.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Thanks for all replies!

Update

I present you with the Vermilion Boat Center, replacing that of what it had in thus alternate dimension such as in FRLG.​

Outside1.png
    OUtside.png

Inside.png
    Inside1.png

There you have it! I hope you like the new tiles as well.​

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • The interior tiles look awesome! They looks like professinal Nintendo style tyles. The exterior tiles also look nice, however I'd say the SS. Anne from Fire Red would look better instead of the boats from Ruby. :3

Goold luck. :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    This is looking mad good. I've already expressed to you on MSN my opinions on stuff, so you already know. Plus, any hack with the Orange Islands is elevated to pwnage status. Good luck. =]

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Dude, listen. You have some real skills with graphical things. This is one of the most unique(and best)looking hacks around. I wish you all the luck in the world(as long as you show me stuff on MSNz). =D

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022

Update

Well here is yet another update, the next one I promise will have new scripts! This one is more of a wrap up on some tile choices and a little teaser of an area in Vermilion.​

NuevoGrass.png
    PikaPark.png

Screenshot 1

The new grass tiles, I still need to edit all the animations and to get it looking right when you stand on it!

Screenshot 2

Remember the old man in Vermilion? He was constructing something which we never got to see? Well he finally finished and in this "alternate world" he was not a procrastinator! This is "Pikachu Park". He built this site to inhabit one of the endangered species in Kanto as Team Rocket ave been poaching them for some time now.

Once again I promise some scripts in the next update ;)

Thanks for reading!

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Update

Well here is yet another update, the next one I promise will have new scripts! This one is more of a wrap up on some tile choices and a little teaser of an area in Vermilion.​

NuevoGrass.png
    PikaPark.png

Screenshot 1

The new grass tiles, I still need to edit all the animations and to get it looking right when you stand on it!

Screenshot 2

Remember the old man in Vermilion? He was constructing something which we never got to see? Well he finally finished and in this "alternate world" he was not a procrastinator! This is "Pikachu Park". He built this site to inhabit one of the endangered species in Kanto as Team Rocket ave been poaching them for some time now.

Thanks for reading!
    Nice grass tile, but good luck getting the ani to work correctly. :P I like the idea of the Pikachu Park, but I always thought he and his machop were making a gym?

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
    Years
  • Update

Well here is yet another update, the next one I promise will have new scripts! This one is more of a wrap up on some tile choices and a little teaser of an area in Vermilion.
    NuevoGrass.png
    PikaPark.png

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Thanks for reading!
    ohhh I hate the grass tiles but still an epic faetures (=

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    I know, but since Alistair's grass tiles out a wider outline, Panda's seriously going to work hard on it.

Well in beta 1 you won't be able to walk in that grass anyways since you will be in the Orange Islands the first time you see a wild pokemon in the grass. Also I think one of my friends (you know who you are since I have been talking to you secretly) is going to help me on it :3

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Well in beta 1 you won't be able to walk in that grass anyways since you will be in the Orange Islands the first time you see a wild pokemon in the grass. Also I think one of my friends (you know who you are since I have been talking to you secretly) is going to help me on it :3
    Yayz fur sekret peepl. Anyways, good luck with it Panda. I have one question, HOW THE HELL CAN A BETA HAVE NO WILD POKERMANZ?!

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Yayz fur sekret peepl. Anyways, good luck with it Panda. I have one question, HOW THE HELL CAN A BETA HAVE NO WILD POKERMANZ?!

Dude, the game will be like half an hour if you take your time before the first wild pokemon. the story line starts to develop at the start. You shall see ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back