• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

Nice idea.
And just saying, Hayden is usually a boy's name. XD

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
I like this game so far. I have to admit what attracted me to it most was seeing a picture of the fire starter and thinking "YES! Finally after 3 official games from Nintendo someone, somewhere, finally made a decent fire starter!", so i followed the trail and found the game. Its fun so far except last time it crashed when i went to fight selene. I turned on run as administrator though so hopefully that will fix it, it did for pyrate version.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
I have to admit what attracted me to it most was seeing a picture of the fire starter and thinking "YES! Finally after 3 official games from Nintendo someone, somewhere, finally made a decent fire starter!"

Of course that's opinion, as blaziken, infernape, and emboar are some of the most popular pokemon out there.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Hmm.. Pokemon Helio is such a nice name..
And your musician is making the game look better!!
Prob with the demo.
What should i do to go to the gym?

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Just so everyone doesn't think we're dead, I'm here to clear some things up. Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the inactivity of this game. My mother just died, along with 4 other family members this school year and it has been tough to do anything, let alone work on this game. However, now that summer has arrived and we have plenty of free time, we will begin working on the game again.

I cannot say much, because there is a big change coming. However, I can say that it is a big enough change, to where the name of the game is being changed, and hopefully, for the best. Helio Version is no longer in relation to our plot (many were either confused by it, or did not like it much), so it is being changed.

The new name of our game is Pokemon: Imperial Sky.

We will be opening up a new thread once we get some of the basics done. But I can say that most of what you saw in the previous demo is the same, besides most of the graphics. If you look at my avatar, you can see a redesigned fakemon of ours.

---
And to leave you on a good note, here is a screenshot of our new cave. I hope you like it. :)

cavernscreenshot.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm liking the new tiles, by large. But they don't look very much in the Pokémon style. Though in saying that, they remind me a little of Meteor Falls, which I always thought was a severe contrast to the usual tiles in the game. However, you'll get away with them here, it was the cliffs that made me think that. Though watch out for playability, there's not much space to walk around where the player is standing there, and that can become quite a pain for someone playing as they don't want to be bumping into too many things as they walk about. Also, I think the colours are a little too dull, the floor and mountains are a little monotone overall, maybe edit the floor colours a little bit.

At any rate, good job on the tiles Aqua.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
ANNOUNCEMENT

This thread will be closed and in its place, we are opening a new thread entitled Pokemon: Imperial Sky. We feel this is necessary because we are starting anew. Look for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back