• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
  • I'd just like to know what everyone thinks of the house. Should it be used for Avocet, or not? Evan doesn't like it, I do.

housie.png

Years
  • Looks like a Hobbit Hole lol, but i like it!
    I think the door needs to be a little bit higher, or have some steps going down to it, otherwise it doesn't look like the Player will fit :3

aquakip

Years
  • Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time for an update for Pokemon Helio Version!​

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the lack of updates recently. I know that we used to release info every week in large chunks, but we want to leave more surprises and excitement for when you get the demo v.2​

Secondly, the graphics department has had an overhaul and has mapped out many, many maps for you, our beloved audience, to explore. These include cities, routes, farms, rice fields, forests, swamps, and many more to come in the upcoming demo. We are still using the Pokemon Black and White graphics style, sadly (for some of you), but like I said many times before, I feel it is for the best.​

Thirdly, I'd like to introduce our newest member to the Perihelion Productions team! He is a member of SPPF, antisocial464, and has become an excellent team member. He is our new trainer spriter!​

And to whet your pondering minds, here are the new sprites of our Main Characters!​

helioshalf.gif
    selenehalf.gif
    aaronhalf.gif

Helios - Selene - Aaron​

As you can see, Helios and Selene kept their original designs, while Aaron's outfit was changed.​

Now for the finale of the update!​

!!!!SCREENSHOTS!!!!​

helioscreenshots.png

And for better quality:
    http://img254.imageshack.us/i/helioscreenshots.png/

Some things in the shots are bound to change, or are already changed. One of which is the fact that I have updated the autumn tree tiles with more saturation. It looks much better now.​

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the graphics update!​

aquakip

Years
  • @Pink Typhlosion -
    Thanks! I'm glad you feel that way.

@ProdiyX -
    What don't you like about the battle system? It's the default one. And thanks! ^_^

Nero_Noir

I like bears!
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Sep 7, 2011
    i love the game and will support it :D but i just want to say i hate hate HATE the male trainer in game during battle he looks real bad look at his face and stuff

Years
  • D: So, I went to take a ride on Lewis' Lapras, but it warped me to the home. And now Lewis isn't there. Any idea as to what I do?

EDIT: nvm, just realised that was the end of the current beta.

TheAngryPidove

Don't Make A Pigeon Angry
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2011
    My game keeps glitching after I beat Aaron, and it won't let me go on :(

Otherwise, I can't wait for the full version of this game! It really looking good so far. I like the Micrane in the screenshots. Gonna have to catch one! I also really like the water starter, especially the final evolution (go BubbleBath!) as well as Avey. I can't wait for this to come out!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2012
    'snot workin'...

Boo. Downloaded the demo, downloaded and installed the RTP and it doesn't work. It doesn't even give me an error message, it just opens the window for a few seconds before making an error sound and closing. BAWWW!

I'm on a netbook with Windows XP. I'm pretty sure other XP games have worked.

Years
  • I noticed several bugs while playing. I'm not sure if you already know about these. If you do, sorry for pestering.

If you stand to the side of the reporter when you first battle Aaron, when he would move you to the side to get past, the game freezes. I think this happens with the person who gives the town map as well.

In addition to the Switch and XP glitch mentioned by phosphate5, if a pokemon faints by poison, the active pokemon gains XP and then you can attack an empty screen. After that more XP is gained and the next enemy pokemon is sent out.
    It also looks like if you walk or run in front of a tree you run on top of the tree.

It's still an excellent game.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
  • HEY EVERYBODY!

Long time no see. In case you don't remember me, I am Bards Sword and I'm in charge of the plot and characters in this game. And I'm here to announce a major change:

Remember our whole plot about global warming and Rayquaza? Its gone. Scrapped.

We have come up with a new plot. And here's why.

We here at Perhelion Productions feel that the old global warming related plot was too far fetched and strayed from our theme of trying to bring realism to pokemon. It involved over the top backstories, motivations, and results. We felt bound by parameters we didn't have until we couldnt control our own plot. So we have scrapped it, and come up with a new idea in the works.

Get ready for...drumroll please....POKEMON RELIGION!

All right, before I get screamed out of the comments, no its not based on any current religious system. Its based on the legendaries. We want our world to be a real world, with governments and religions. As of now, there are two religions in Emort: An old religion which worships the legendary pokemon of the earth [formerly Adamoide, new name to be determined] and a new group which worships Arceus, a more ephermeral figure. The Arceus worshipers have rapidly grown in size until they make up a majority of the population. And, having grown powerful, they begin to persecute the worshipers of the old god.

From the fires of the harsh environment a group of old believers emerges. They are a group that is fed up with persecution, that have decided to turn the tables on everyone else and prove once and for all that not only are they being unfairly persecuted, but they are right in their beliefs, and the rest of the world will suffer for persecuting them. They will fight anyone in their way. They are this world's new evil team [name to be determined]

Prepare to fight them...or witness their power!

ALL NEW HELIO VERSION! W00T!

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    "Complete overhaul" is more like it.

Well, I was intrigued by the premise of Team Solar and their Moon colony but this sounds plenty interesting as well. I will keep an eye out for future updates.

PaulUrchin

Imma Spriter wanna be... meh.
    Years
  • I see, you've still got the Trollfaced Protagonist Backsprite XD.

Ah well, I lol whenever I see it so it's okay.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back