• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
  • will demos be (somehow) compatible with current save files or do we have to start over?
    You'll have to start over. :(

I'm not sure that it's even possible to do so...even if I was an amazing scripter/programmer. But there will be changes in some graphics and possibly some new things after the demo's end just for fun. I dunno. You'll just have to see! :D

But I promise as best I can that I will try to get less errors than last time.

Years
  • yeah, I didn't think it was possible, just curious. looking forward to seeing updated though :)

Years
  • You'll have to start over. :(

I'm not sure that it's even possible to do so...even if I was an amazing scripter/programmer. But there will be changes in some graphics and possibly some new things after the demo's end just for fun. I dunno. You'll just have to see! :D

But I promise as best I can that I will try to get less errors than last time.

If it's anything like Uranium (and I believe it is; it's probably continuous throughout all RMXP games), it is in fact possible to transfer save files across versions/betas; all you have to do is copy the [game name].rxdata (which is your save file) from the folder with the old version to the one with the new.

Incidentally, it's also possible to have multiple save files if you rename [game name].rxdata to something else (I generally like [game name]2.rxdata). Then you can create a new one and switch between them at will, because it only reads [game name].rxdata. Fun!

However yeah you'll probably want to replay it from the beginning if there are significant edits, like aquakip says.

I haven't personally gotten around to playing this, I've been kinda busy! Rest assured, I will and I'll tell you my thoughts.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2018
    I'm having a trouble running the game. nothing happens when I start the program. any help?

aquakip

Years
  • Seeing as midterms and finals (depending how your classes are scheduled) are coming up next week for many people, the game will be held off this week, so the release date of version 2 will have to be delayed. I'll post more details soon, but just know that I have been working this week on the game, although little, and I think you'll be pleased. :)

Years
  • plot Is very neatly done, great screenshots i like the right corner night map looks more like nighttime :) . but thats just me, keep up the good work.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • Oh wow, that's totally the first time we've been told that you could walk on the water in Oriole town. Thanks, dude.

...nah, but it's fine. We're fixing that. For now just enjoy pretending like you are Jesus.

aquakip

Years
  • Just a graphics update. We've finally finished the new ocean/beach tiles. I hope you like them!

pcscreen.png

Work is slowly progressing. I'm not going to promise any dates of the Demo's updated release, but it shouldn't be to long from now. Please tell me what you think of the new ocean. :)

Haxorus

Ononokusu
    Years
  • Just a graphics update. We've finally finished the new ocean/beach tiles. I hope you like them!

Work is slowly progressing. I'm not going to promise any dates of the Demo's updated release, but it shouldn't be to long from now. Please tell me what you think of the new ocean. :)
    Great job with the tiles, Aqua. Keep up the good work, this game has
    limitless potential.

phosphate5

Random little kid
    Years
  • Wow! This game looks awesome!

EDIT: Glitch found. If you switch Pokemon and then defeat the opponent, although both pokemon gain experience, you are not notified if your first pokemon who got switched out gains a level.

You also didn't edit the abilities from kanto, so chippen has compoundeyes (a butterfree thing) and avey has shield dust (a caterpie thing) DX
    And the experience gains too. You get butterfree-level experience from chippen.

And the second youngster's chippen knows confusion...

Last edited:

aquakip

Years
  • Wow! This game looks awesome!

EDIT: Glitch found. If you switch Pokemon and then defeat the opponent, although both pokemon gain experience, you are not notified if your first pokemon who got switched out gains a level.

You also didn't edit the abilities from kanto, so chippen has compoundeyes (a butterfree thing) and avey has shield dust (a caterpie thing) DX

Yes. We know this. xD But thanks for reminding us. It's best to get reminders, because if we don't, we might forget something.

And a lot of the cries, abilities, and movesets were messed up in the process of last-minute changes. This is known and fixed. Thank you for pointing this out, though. :P

On DeviantArt, many people seem to be enjoying the new water. We have added more transition and made the water deeper looking than it is. You are able to walk in the shallow end, and surf in the deeper part. :)

aquakip

Years
  • Also, there aren't any wild Pokemon in the whimbrel gardens. I'm guessing that's already fixed in the nest version? :D

Yes. It was unintentional. There were meant to be pokemon there.

Common - Chippen and Arachnia
    Rare- Twittle and Moston

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    The application just closed when I fought Selene...

phosphate5

Random little kid
    Years
  • When I got TM 27, it said, "Obtained TM27! It contained TM27."
    I think spark has a 100% paralysis rate XD

But overall, great game!

Wait, uh oh. I just got teleported to my house when I got on the lapras to go to tern city D:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back