• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
Issue with Pokemon Battle Revolution

The problem is that I'm trying to copy pokemon from platinum to revolution but when it asks me to go to the menu of connect to wii on my 3ds then when I select it instead of searching for my wii the game goes back to the tittle screen. I'm aware that I need a WPA connection but I already changed it to WPE and I'm still having the same issue, any ideas of what is going wrong?

Zaiato

Captain
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
Feebas into Milotic?

Ok my question what level should you evolve Feebas into Milotic or does it matter, Also now that I am on the topic same question but in regards to every pokemon like Feebas that can evolve through link trade like Haunter or using some form of item like Jolteon does it matter when these pokemon evolve or is it best to evolve them at level 1?

Years
Seeing as how a Pokemon like Feebas doesn't have that many move options outside of TMs, and Milotic start learning some decent moves from a low level, I'd think you would want to evolve a Feebas sooner rather than later. For other Pokemon though, it really is a case by case basis. Some Pokemon (like Raichu) stop learning moves when they evolve, so you generally want to wait in those situations.

And since this is more of a question relating to the games, I'll move this over to Pokemon Gaming Central for you, since this thread will be better suited over there.

MOVED.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Milotic gets some neat moves from the beginning, as Jamais said, it'd be best to evolve it earlier. Milotic, unlike many other Pokemon that evolve through methods via stone/trade, keeps a movepool, and starts with moves like Water Gun. Essential during early levels of growth in level :3

Sooner than later, as said before. Level 1-5 would work, just do it quickly. Feebas isn't such a desirable Pokemon to keep around, and unlike Magikarp, it has a chance to evolve from the get go.

for more reference: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Milotic_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#By_leveling_up

Last edited:

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Could be the case, but I wouldn't be positive. The 3DS can act as a regular DS for download play purposes, so it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility for it to be able to connect to the Wii.

Years
Bit late to the party, but yeah, evolve it ASAP. Feebas only learns three moves by leveling: Splash, Tackle, and Flail. (Unless you want Milotic with flail for some inexplicable, bizarre reason)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2014
breeding question

i have a female gible with an adamant nature and i gave it an everstone and i am breeding it (japanese) with an american male and the females nature is not passing down is this right?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
The offspring is guaranteed to have the same nature as the parent holding the everstone, so the offspring should be getting their mother's adamant nature. Are you sure you've got the right pokémon holding the everstone?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2014
another question - how do pokemon with different abilities on their evolved forms work?

dragonite and dratini/dragonair have completely different abilities - shed skin and marvel scale and inner focus and multiscale how do i make sure i get a dragonite with the ability i want when i am choosing a dratini to train (in this case i want multiscale)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
All pokémon have three ability slots, two standard and one hidden. The example you gave is easy, since the entire Dratini family only has one standard ability and one hidden ability, Dratinis/Dragonairs with Shed Skin will evolve into Dragonites with Inner Focus while Dratinis/Dragonairs with Marvel Scale will evolve into Dragonites with Multiscale. You can get this kind of information from any online Pokédex by the way. XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
nitaant, I merged your thread into this one. If in future you have any simple questions, feel free to ask them here. Thank you, and have a nice day!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2014
i need a battle to teach my smeargle swords dance

title i need a battle to teach my smeargle swords dance for breeding purposes

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
First thing, what game? Second thing, please use the Q&A thread. I'll go ahead and merge this, but this is the second time I've seen you not use one. They're in each Pokemon gaming forum and they're stickied right at the top of them. Can't miss'em. So please make use of your resources!

Anyway, if you're asking for any games from gen III-VI, I suggest getting into a double battle and lead with your Smeargle and another one of your Pokemon with Swords Dance (or any move you want your Smeargle to Sketch). It helps if your non-Smeargle is faster, so it can use the move and then Smeargle can Sketch. Hopefully you'll be in a double battle you can survive through (like Cafe le Nah in Kalos, where the Pokemon are at level 10).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2014
i was unaware of that place i just went there and it worked

is there an issue with egg moves passing on if both parents are from the same trainer? im breeding a male smeargle with swords dance with a female rhydon - i am the ot of both, and swords dance is not passing on

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
is there an issue with egg moves passing on if both parents are from the same trainer? im breeding a male smeargle with swords dance with a female rhydon - i am the ot of both, and swords dance is not passing on

The OTs of the parents have nothing to do with egg moves being passed on (thouhg it does take a little longer to get an egg if the OTs are the same for the breeding pokemon). The Rhyhorn line can learn Swords Dance via TM, so you don't need to breed for it. Well, in Gen 4 onwards, anyway. The only time you can breed Swords Dance onto a Rhyhorn is in Gen3, and only with a Farfetch'd, Zangoose, or Absol.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Swords_Dance

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2014
so much for using random yahoo answers as guides what a waste of time

so in gen 6 the way to get swords dance onto cubone would be to teach it to a rhyhorn and breed it with a cubone theres no need for a smeargle here

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
so much for using random yahoo answers as guides what a waste of time

so in gen 6 the way to get swords dance onto cubone would be to teach it to a rhyhorn and breed it with a cubone theres no need for a smeargle here

Cubone also can learn Swords Dance via TM in Gens 4, 5, and 6.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2014
whats the deal with snorlax in gen 6 he is absent from the trade forum is breeding my female careful snorlax i took a bunch of time resetting for a waste of time?

is there any way to track down people from the gts? so many people asking for non-gts tradeables..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back