• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - FireRed +Plus (orange)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    So... I have updated the digging mini game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59OI28Nc8XA

instead of costing $500 it now costs $10,000 (alot just to borrow a shovel right)

and the item percentages have been lowered aswell...

here are your prizes and percentages:
    Item: Percentage(ammount out of 42 plots)
    UltraBall 5%(2.1)
    HyperPotion 6%(2.52)
    RareCandy 3%(1.26)
    Nugget 3%(1.26)
    PPup 2%(0.84)
    PPMax 1%(0.42)
    TOTAL: 20%(8.4)

and I ran 5 tests...
    ITEM (cost) #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 TOTAL:
    UltraBall(600) 5 2 0 3 1 11
    HyperPotion(600) 1 2 4 2 4 13
    RareCandy(2400) 1 2 2 0 2 7
    Nugget(5000) 1 2 1 0 1 5
    PPup(4900) 0 3 1 2 1 7
    PPMax(4900) 0 0 0 1 1 2
    TOTAL: -8 -11 -8 -8 -10 Avg:-9

according to this most of the numbers match the percentages programmed above... ppup and nugget seem to be a lil off but the rest are on par.

if you sold every item you found you are almost guaranteed to make a profit:
    Money 1-$11000 2-$22100 3-$17100 4-$17700 5-$22600 Profit:$40500

but of course keeping these items lowers your profits, only selling the nuggets makes the player lose money, but you did get 7 ppups and 2 ppmaxs for $25000 if you sold the nuggets ;)

its still not really a gamble... but it atleast makes more since.

Years
  • Didn't pokemon 2000 take place on the sevii islands, or on the orange islands? I honestly forget. But I hope there are gonna be some legendarys in this game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    i added the sprite and battle data for shadow lugia but i am still on the fence... as a pokemon it was in a game i never played... in a region that isnt orange islands... so idk...

as for lugia and pokemon 2000... i cant do it like the movie... cause in theory the player should already own zapdose and articuno... while I could make them not appear in their regular spot till AFTER this event, it would be aweful to not get any legendaries before beating the game... cause all orange island adventure is post game...
    I am not attempting to recreate the anime... (i think there is a hack for that ashgray) it is the players adventure (like how firered is not ash's adventure thru kanto)

but having team rocket mind controll pokemon could be fun... cause your not the first person to ask for it (guess it was a popular episode) i doubt ill be adding butch and cassidy due to them being direct characters from the anime... it would just be... rocket admins or something more game like...

I am considering having a lead rocket member other than giovanni running the orange operation tho... any suggestions (or should it just be more admin and generic badguys) im thinking a bad guy that does not accept that team rocket was defeated... cause he is so far away from kanto he does not really take orders from giovanni... just reports to him... see where im going...

i had more to say... but i gotta run...

oh yeah... marill is a 2nd gen pokemon so it will be in the orange islands...

Long time no see XD I hope you get to finish this hack because i really like how it looks like, and since i enjoyed ultra violet, i'm sure i'll enjoy this too.

Now, if you let me suggest a couple of things, I totally agree with the Pokemon 2000 movie idea, it would be just epic, and it allows you to involve the non-giovanni rocket team leader in a good way (as you can make him be the one who captured and gathered the legendary birds) and even mix it a bit with the shadow lugia thing (you know, he gathers birds, awaken bird, then turns it into a shadow being trying to control it [the how is up to your scripting skills (?]). It doesn't even have to be a "legendary-capture" event, well, maybe Moltres as he lost his "home", but Lugia can still go back to your mine for a "rocket 2nd attempt" on capturing it.

As for the "there won't be legendaries before the end of the game if i do that" you could just add some regular-with-special-moveset pokemon, (I was about to suggest a frozen charizard that befriends you after melting the ice, but that's orange lol) or maybe dropping the ho oh - lugia relationship for once and making ho-oh appear much earlier (since it was the first legendary to appear on kanto in the anime) or even.... Ok I got carried away so I'll just put this idea on spoiler:

Spoiler:

Well, anyways, those are just ideas, not sure you remember me but yeah, i like to let my mind run wild with this stuff

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    while I could (rather easily) make the first movie event... the 2000 movie will be alot herder... and Im not trying to mess with FireRed's kanto... the point is for it to be the players adventure not ash's adventure from the anime (and movies)

Moltres will either be in the Orange Islands OR ill put it back where it was in original red... I have not decided.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    You rock man!!!!! I REALLY CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY THIS!!
    I read the whole post..some great ideas and i really liked the first movie event idea! Hope you include it..
    Good luck building this! First orange islands hack i actually want to play!!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    while I could (rather easily) make the first movie event... the 2000 movie will be alot herder... and Im not trying to mess with FireRed's kanto... the point is for it to be the players adventure not ash's adventure from the anime (and movies)

Moltres will either be in the Orange Islands OR ill put it back where it was in original red... I have not decided.

Of course, I totally understand that you'd rather leave the original adventure untouched; i was merely suggesting a way to tweak it a bit so you can give a bit more complete Orange experience, so to speak. It may not be a copy of the anime/movie but Orange Island is mainly anime based (if i'm wrong feel free to correct me), so it would be a nice touch to get a feel of the one movie located there, not to mention i've never heard of anyone actually trying to include such stuff in a hack (again, correct me if i'm wrong).

However, if you consider it would be too hard, i won't disagree. My imagination drives me to unknown lands of a load of coding and sprites, and stuff.. Because I think of it as something that needs three islands, three shrines for three evolve stones (*), and a ship that unites all of these; plus the extra "details" and yeah, it sounds like too much job for a "side-story", and let's not get into the space it would require.
    Spoiler:

(*) Gotta be evolve stones, right? it's the closest match lol.

Anyways, it's your hack man, and your story, i totally respect it, it's cool to leave Kanto as it is and concentrate the hack on a well developed extra-story post e4. But you've gotta admit it would be cool to add stuff like that despite the ****ing load of work it is lol; if i knew how to hack i'd try myself, but it'd surely be crap on my hands, as I don't even know how to properly set up the place xD.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    -UPDATE-

I know it seems like nothing is happening with this hack... and it seems I have nothing to show you... but thats cause posting is boring and hacking is not... I am progressing at a decent rate with no major hickups as of yet... things are coming along nicely... im just not screenshoting every 2 seconds... sorry ;P

So far in the world of Orange Islands... Half of the islands are complete... the player can get 2 gym badges, play the unknown event, the kabuto event, the crystal onix event is completed but players cannot play it because they need rocksmash and I have not added it yet...

the firs gym battle is kinda forced on the player to get them involved in the orange league, the second one is a bit more out of the way... you must climb a rather large ice mountian before Danny will even fight you. it forces the player to get and use the HM move Waterfall, which could suck if you dont want it on the pokemon you have... because the nearest PC is far away. heads up NOT EVERY ISLAND HAS A PC or mart... but most importantly this means not every island can be flown too... so eve with fly expect to do some traveling to get where you wanna go.

I have just started mapping Mandarin Island, which is where most of the story progression happens... you will meet up with some friendly characters and beat up the badguys and recover the GS ball aswell as finally get the Tripass (which I will rename) to get back to kanto and give the GS ball to Oak...

On mandarin island there will be 2 flyable towns, one near each beach (east and west) because mandarin island devides the orange reef into 2 separate cul-de-sacs if you will. there will be a large mountain with a gold mine where the rockets will be operating, you must infiltrate the massive mine and take out the leaders to retrieve the GS Ball

I have wrote Oaks scripts as well as Ivys sothat they will both say many different things during the course of the orange quest.

I started work on the world map... but since all the islands are not done I stopped... right now in game all the tiles used in the 3 sevii island maps have been removed, but I do have a new tielset with the eastern half of Orange Reef tiles inserted... I just have not finished it cause the whole map cant be done yet.

After retrieving the GS ball you can take it to OAK and he will take it from you, you can also talk to IVY who will give you the Silver Wing (already scripted and the item has been added) which will call Lugia from the bottom of the Mine
    After beating the Orange League Champ yo uare rewarded with the Rainbow Wing, which can call Ho-oh from the Top of the mine ;)

now... about the 2000 movie event... and the 1st movie event... the first movie event happened to ash... the island was mewtwos creating and would be pointless to recreate because YOU are not ash... the 2000 movie event happend to ash BUT the 3 islands were real(as real as fake tv shows get) so adding the 3 mystical bird islands is a realistic option, making it so the 3 birds dont appear in kanto is an option...

so the playr will find the 3 islands and will find alters on each, by placing the proper stone on the alter the bird will be "released" into its normal spot in kanto... zapdos and articuno will be released this way... after releasing zapdos and articuno and ONLY after releasing BOTH can you go onto moltres' island and release him, who will attack you and you can catch him right there on the island.
    lugia is still asleep under the sea like in the movie (till you wake him with the silver wing).

as for legendaries before the e4... there is only mew... sucks to be guys who need legendaries to win :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    Celebi will be given to you when you complete the pokedex (250)
    that will be when Oak figures out how to open the GS Ball...

Im not sure if I mentioned it before... but thats the plan... infact the script has already been put in the game (although untested)

and I dont know who w.e is?

Years
  • This may sound alittle stupid but I thinm you should add tbe mewtwo event, and add one more change. Here's my idea, Mewtwo captured lugia and made him into a clone (The clone being shadow lugia)? Lugia manages to escape. Anyway the idea is there, but this would allow players to capture both lugia and shadow lugia. I know it sounds stupid tho. Anyways you could mame that explain how team rocket got shadow Lugia some how.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    -UPDATE-

so... the fire, ice and lightning orbs from the pokemon 2000 movie have been added AND placed in KANTO. players will find the orbs, and keep them in their key items pocket until they have access to West Orange Islands...

once in West Orange Islands (not mapped yet) the player must find "Trio Islands" and enter each of the 3 chambers to place the Orbs...

I have scripted the events that take place on "Trio Islands" aswell as mapped the insides of the chambers... I have not mapped the actual islands yet because Im nowhere near starting on West Orange Islands... i have to finish Mandarin Island first.

Articuno and Zapdos cannot be found in Kanto until AFTER the player places the orbs in their chamber (in trio islands) and the Moltres chamber cannot be entered until AFTER the Ice and Lightning Orbs have been placed.

Once the player has access to Moltres's chamber and places the Fire Orb in its slot, Moltres will fight you immediately. (if you lose the fight, moltres will fight you every time you enter the chamber[till you win], even though you dont have the Fire Orb anymore)

All of this has been scripted and tested ;)

I "removed" articuno and zapdos by simply setting both their flags upon entering the room where you get surf (in the safari zone)... without surf the player couldnt reach either bird so there is no chance of the player seeing the birds before they are hidden away.

Here is a video, ignore the random door an hidden item an Palette town...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40v4gyCEiOo

ALSO... due to me placing the orbs in kanto I have slightly altered the layout of some areas... keep an eye out for subtle changes to find the orbs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    ok, lets talk about whats left...

first I have to make a for East Mandarin Island... this town will have the hot springs event allowing players to get rocksmash and go get some things they missed due to not having it...

this town is also overrun by team rocket...

I have to make a desert (somehow) with an abandonded gold/silver mine in it which is being used as team rockets HQ while they hunt lugia...

then I need a town in West Mandarin Island... this town will have the trainer tower event... fun fun...

then I need to make all of West Orange islands... which contains 3 main islands trovita, kumquat and pumello aswell as the trio islands (fire, ice and lightning) where the mystical birds are unlocked...

then there is a few touchups and itll be done...

but I would like some input... I have some AWESOME ideas for mini games... I wanna make like a game town somewhere... with houses that contain mini games the player can win prizes and whatnot... WHERE should I put them?

East Mandarin, West Mandarin, Trovita, Kumquat, or Pumello...

keep in mind, East Mandarin will have lots to do (dealing with team rocket), West Mandarin has the Trainer Tower, Trovita and Kumquat both have gym leaders and Pumello is where you fight the Champ... Im leaning towards one of the west orange islands because mandarin will have so much on it already. but which one?

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • but I would like some input... I have some AWESOME ideas for mini games... I wanna make like a game town somewhere... with houses that contain mini games the player can win prizes and whatnot... WHERE should I put them?

East Mandarin, West Mandarin, Trovita, Kumquat, or Pumello...

keep in mind, East Mandarin will have lots to do (dealing with team rocket), West Mandarin has the Trainer Tower, Trovita and Kumquat both have gym leaders and Pumello is where you fight the Champ... Im leaning towards one of the west orange islands because mandarin will have so much on it already. but which one?

I am leaning towards Pumello because right before you fight the champion, you can take a break for a little while and try all the mini-games.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    UPDATE:

for the past few weeks this hack has been on the back burner

I have been working on another "psudo secret" hack... there will be no big announcement for my current hack till it is released... sorry...

BUT its nearly done (like 80%) and I will be back on FR+ in full swing as soon as I finish this one... (its a rather small hack for a private party) shouldn't take me more than 2 weeks to get her all finished up ;)

I will keep you posted.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I have a couple questions for the "default FR" side of things. Are the Pokemon appearances to be modified akin to Ultra Violet in Kanto, basically melding FireRed and LeafGreen together? Or are we looking at the exact same as FR and all the LeafGreen 'mons in that version go to the islands?

Also will we be able to have the option of catching our own starter again? I liked that idea.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    I have not placed the mojority of pokemon (thats one of the last things I do)... but most of them will probably be found in the orange islands... NOT in kanto...

I am undecided on the catch your starter event... dont know yet...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back