• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - FireRed +Plus (orange)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    Lets try this again (got more time to write it up right)

Title%20Screen.PNG

Pokemon - FireRed +Plus is a hack of Pokemon - FireRed (obviously) but the difference is the added content.

The useless Sevii Islands have been removed and replaced with the Orange Islands.

My story:
    Spoiler:

Games story
    Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EN4fn3gz65k

League info
    Spoiler:

There is so much planned for this hack it will be exciting for players to finally get to play through all of the orange league. there will be cameo aperances from memorable pokemon from the anime (crystal onix and pink rhyhorn) and also team rocket will have "altered" pokemon that will be a challange to defeat. while you cannot go to all of the islands ash went to, this extra content should prove enjoyable and challanging for most pokemon fans.

Features:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Videos:

I am not really looking for help, to be honest the hard work is already finished(adding pokemon, sprites and editing certian aspects of how the game works, aswell as removing all instances of sevii from kanto and reworking how the boatman works and most of the complicated stuff), I simply have to make the maps and string the story together. I would love to hear ideas of fun things to add in the Orange Islands to make the game more fufilling... if you have any.

the story is not 100% yet, I have you chasing team rocket all the way to mandarin island where they will be mining gold and silver (which is a mask for their real goal of finding lugia and hooh) but I dont know how that is all going to play out. we shall see when I get there (putting the finishing touches on Mikan island now, got a ways to go before I get to mandarin)

Here is a map that I will update as more of the world gets made... you can check the progress by watching the map grow.:
    http://lsaentertainment.yolasite.com/resources/1ORANGE%20ISLANDS.jpg

Credits
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    This looks great! im looking forward for the completion of this :D

Last edited:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
  • Sounds good since orange islands have never appeared in a game ( excluding hacks : pokemon naranja and orange generations which were never complete )
    But since it adds only new post-e4 story ,it's not a major overhaul and it retains the fire red story I think it should be moved in Sideshow Showcase.

Years
  • well your idea is nice since there isn't any complete hack with the orange islands as the guy said above me, but in my opinion you should change somehow the main story because there are too many hacks based on fire red.I don't think there are still many people that would play all over again the same old fire red with an extra story after the e4.So I think that you should either add something more or this should be moved to sideshow Showcase(?).
    Anyways good luck with it!

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Sounds really good so far. I'll definitely be watching this thread. What's funny is that I saw this right when I was thinking about playing Ultra Violet. I wish you the best of luck!

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
    Years
  • Umm. Just a suggestion, no offense but, if you want this hack to be more appreciated, more enticing to play, and worth the wait, add more personal detail into it. Add better tiles, change the sprites, change the storyline a bit if you still want to retain the FR flavor. Everybody wants a graphically sweet hack.

Anyways, more power! I will be playing it whatever happens though.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
    Years
  • Looks a like a good idea. Naranja was never finished. I hope this hack will bring adventure of Orange Island. I can't wait for it to be completed.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
    Years
  • Would be nice if you include Cassidy&FutchButch and Jessie&James instead of the generic grunts.
    How much is actually complete?
    Looking forward to play this.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    How much is actually complete?
    Looking forward to play this.

as far as story and maps...
    I just finished Mikan island (might add a few more trainer battles)
    which is where you get your first orange league fight... its on to make more ocean, then I have 3 more "less important" islands before the largest island with the most story will be (mandarin island) then another 3 islands after (9 total islands but I am considering more)

I have finished most of the inserting of everything I will need, unique pokemon, all gym leaders, most of their sprites (I am saving a few of them to see if I need 1 frame 3 or all 8) all the "game altering" is done

just know all your suggestions are being read and considered... as far as moving the thread, thats not my decision (if a mod moves it then it gets moved, no big deal)

Years
  • So pikachu will be the starter? Also please make it so all the legendary pokemon at that pwriod of time are able to be caught. Also please add pokemon contest in most citys. Like the show. And mabye have your main pokemon in party walk with you,

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Ah, another attempt at an "Orange Island" hack I see. I think this will be the first completed one, as long as you don't give up anyway. One question though...
    there is aparently a poor hack in spanish
    Do you mean Pokemon Naranja? The 2005 HOTY?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • So pikachu will be the starter? Also please make it so all the legendary pokemon at that pwriod of time are able to be caught. Also please add pokemon contest in most citys. Like the show. And mabye have your main pokemon in party walk with you,

You don't know too much about hacking, do you? Walking with pokemon is extremely complex and the ASM involved has only been done right twice, and both have not been released for the author's personal opinions.

Pokémon contests would also involve a ton of work. There is a good chance that most of the data for them that was present in RS will have been removed. These won't be fun to put back.

I don't mean to come off as condecending, but I am merely stating the facts.

------

Hey James, looks pretty good. I have completely played Naranja, and I must say, it was decent, however it was riddled with bugs and errors. Granted, it was released a long time ago. So, withen the circumstances of its time, it was pretty decent, however it won't be able to match the new things that have been discovered and refined. I wish you the best of luck!

Also, Liquid Crystal has the Orange Islands in it. They aren't finished yet, but they might give you some competition:p, Jambo and LaZ know their crap, haha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    Ah, another attempt at an "Orange Island" hack I see. I think this will be the first completed one, as long as you don't give up anyway. One question though...

Do you mean Pokemon Naranja? The 2005 HOTY?

yes naranja is the hack I was referring to... I have not played it myself but from what I have read (and talked with people who have played it) the translated version was lacking and the game overall was unfinished... and while in 05 it may have been something wow, now it is less than impressive and really just needs to be redone...

on another note... i ran into a huge problem... it apears that maps can only have 4 map connections... which is an issue for making awide open (freerange) ocean... I will have to remake some of the maps and make the rest interact creatively... instead of having 3 maps to make valencia, it will have one big one... its going to get complicated but in the end I think I can still do everything I have planned...

Years
  • You don't know too much about hacking, do you? Walking with pokemon is extremely complex and the ASM involved has only been done right twice, and both have not been released for the author's personal opinions.

Pokémon contests would also involve a ton of work. There is a good chance that most of the data for them that was present in RS will have been removed. These won't be fun to put back.

I don't mean to come off as condecending, but I am merely stating the facts.

------

Hey James, looks pretty good. I have completely played Naranja, and I must say, it was decent, however it was riddled with bugs and errors. Granted, it was released a long time ago. So, withen the circumstances of its time, it was pretty decent, however it won't be able to match the new things that have been discovered and refined. I wish you the best of luck!

Also, Liquid Crystal has the Orange Islands in it. They aren't finished yet, but they might give you some competition:p, Jambo and LaZ know their crap, haha.

I know, but there are some games with contest like light platinum (maybe because its a ruby hack) anyways these weee just suggestions.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen May 18, 2020
    Why does awesome hacks always receive so little attention? I love your style ;)

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Do you think this should be a sideshow hack because there is no changes to the Kanto region? Could do something to Kanto like adding events and areas but not a change to the regional dex :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back