• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - FireRed +Plus (orange)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Oh! It's nice to see someone make the spiritual successor to Naranja, your mapping and scripting both look really good! This looks like it has potential man, good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    I definitely look forward to this, I tried Naranja, but never got far... Mainly because I fail at reading Spanish. >_>
    However, I'm a little curious, why reduce the Pokedex?

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    I definitely look forward to this, I tried Naranja, but never got far... Mainly because I fail at reading Spanish. >_>
    However, I'm a little curious, why reduce the Pokedex?

completing the pokedex (386) is impossible without trading if I dont add gen 3 pokemon to the game... and in theory there are no gen 3 pokemon in kanto or the orange islands... so its pointless to have them in the game... plus I needed the space ;)

im not all about smashing as many pokemon in a game as possible, I am more about having the right number of pokemon for the game you are making... many hackers have specific numbers of pokemon (150, 200) that span all 5 generations... this is nice in a full on new hack. but since my story is already layed out for me (by nintendo and the anime) I figured I would stick with their first 2 generations.

onto an update ;)

I reworked my overworld map (made in mspaint) so it shows exactly where all the ingame maps will be, keeping track of how many map connections they will have ;) it is possible IF none of my maps max out the possible map size limit as some will be massive (even if they are just ocean with a few rocks they will be huge) so it IS possible to have a free ocean world (assuming non maps are too big)

I have decided NOT to post the map.bmp because it is very crude and only serves as a visual note for me and does not actually represent the final layout of the overworld. its more of a guideline I made to keep track of several ideas

and that is all lol life has been EXTREAMLY busy for me... hunting the almighty dollar... when I have some more time I will start making the planned maps (and hopefully wont tell you they are too big) if they are to big it may be possible to break some of them in half... but it depends on the map I suppose.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    This is one hack I actually can't wait to play. Nostalgia with an added twist. I like it

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    completing the pokedex (386) is impossible without trading if I dont add gen 3 pokemon to the game... and in theory there are no gen 3 pokemon in kanto or the orange islands... so its pointless to have them in the game... plus I needed the space ;)

im not all about smashing as many pokemon in a game as possible, I am more about having the right number of pokemon for the game you are making... many hackers have specific numbers of pokemon (150, 200) that span all 5 generations... this is nice in a full on new hack. but since my story is already layed out for me (by nintendo and the anime) I figured I would stick with their first 2 generations

Okay, I see. That makes a lot of sense, actually.

I dunno, I always assumed that the games happened parallel to each other, rather than one after the other(only exception is B/W-B/W2). So I never questioned being able to get Pokemon from other generations in the games.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    Here is a short but important update...

After taking some time off I finally picked her back up and started repairing my maps to deal with the map connection issues... ALL my maps have been fixed and I have added several more...

the unknown puzzle has been worked into the orange islands and I am putting the finishing touches on the kabuto island...

the massive ocean is coming together, next up will be sunburst island and then navel island (second gym leader)

I have worked out how to do a speed game, you push a button and run to the gate that has been opened, if you dont mis step you can walk right through the gate, if you take too many steps (even 1 step out of line + 1 to correct it) the door will slam in your face... its not a hard challenge but its there none the less ;)

Here is a video...
    http://youtu.be/mW7kKFDsnQk

much more to come ;)

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • This is a great hack... I hope you won't mind if I suggest something?

It's about the 25 vacant Pokémon slots which can be found between Celebi and Treecko... I think you can use that for those specials instead of the Hoenn Pokémons. Hoenn Pokémons are great additions for the game I think since Orange Islands is an archipelago just like Hoenn... Besides Kyogre is a good addition to the story... :)

And uhm, just a question, will it include the Lugia event in the second movie I think that takes place on Orange Islands?

Thanks and my apologies to my suggestions if it makes you mad...

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • This is a great hack... I hope you won't mind if I suggest something?

It's about the 25 vacant Pokémon slots which can be found between Celebi and Treecko... I think you can use that for those specials instead of the Hoenn Pokémons. Hoenn Pokémons are great additions for the game I think since Orange Islands is an archipelago just like Hoenn... Besides Kyogre is a good addition to the story... :)

And uhm, just a question, will it include the Lugia event in the second movie I think that takes place on Orange Islands?

Unfortunately, those 25 slots can be quite buggy. For one, they don't have dex entries and if caught in the wild, will crash the game when trying to load their dex entries. Their icons and imahes are also linked and need to be repointed all at once. It was a good thought, but one that doesn't work out well, as all 25 of them cannot appear in the wild unless they are recorded in your pokedex before hand.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • Really Cool, also i missed playing FireRed... so i replay it with extra orange region :D Yayyy
    Waiting the final release! and Ty good work on it!

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    This is a great hack... I hope you won't mind if I suggest something?

i guess Karatikid answered that lol...

as for lugia... he will have a major role in the events in the orange islands... but it cannot be like the movie... mostly cause the articuno and zapdos are in kanto... (not sure if im going to put moltres back in kanto or in orange islands, i just realized he was in sevii... oops)

im going to go with the silver wing (and rainbow wing) like in gold and silver... team rocket are working in an old gold and silver mine, trying to find, lugia who is rumored to be sleeping deep in the mtn they are mining... they will find his chamber but he wont be there till you show up with the silver wing... that you will get in another event... somewhere...

hooh will be ontop of the mtn that contains the mine... but of course you need the rainbow wing to get him to appear...

but anyway.. thats why they stole the gs ball... hoping to use it somehow to make lugia appear...

ooo ok... just had an awesome idea for the story...

Team rocket started working in the mine when they herd about the rumors of lugia... and they stole the GS ball because they herd that Prof. Ivy found it in that old mine... so they think it holds a key to finding lugia (which it does not) after retrieving the GS ball if you talk to Prof. Ivy she will give you the silver wing... something else she found in the mine...

and the rainbow wing can be given to you once you beat the orange league...

and celebi will be in the GS ball but it wont be opened till after you complete the pokedex (250)

guess that covers all the legendaries

(the 3 dogs will be released into kanto like they were in ultra violet... not till after beating the rockets in the mine tho)

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    I updated the main post with some videos... enjoy..

I just finished the crystal Onix event... that was the last thing I needed to do on Sunburst Island... now its time to make more ocean then Navel island... which is a massive mountian that you must climb to get to the gym leader... no place to heal before the fight either... but after the fight you will have access to the hot springs... which is also where you can get rocksmash... which will allow you to get into the cave that holds the crystal onix (i know you gotta backtrack... what a douche)

its not really backtracking if you took the first gym leaders advice and went to navel first... then found sunburst later... but sunburst is closer to mikan island... oh well

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • I think we can disable the Pokédex event when using the 25 slots and there should be no problem...

Where and how did you put the Crystal Onix and Pink Rhyhorn in the game? Will there be a Shadow Lugia also? Thanks again...

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    I think we can disable the Pokédex event when using the 25 slots and there should be no problem...

Where and how did you put the Crystal Onix and Pink Rhyhorn in the game? Will there be a Shadow Lugia also? Thanks again...

ok... all the pokemon that needed to be special are unobtainable anyway... so pokedex was not an issue... BUT the 25 free slots only have 1 move per... so I would have to delete good pokemon moves to fill up these slots, which could be avoided by giving each one a special moveset per battle and not per pokemon (its irrelivant to the player because they are unobtainable)

removing them entirely was about the story. it needed to be a completable pokedex because that is the trigger that will allow you to open the GSball... when you talk to oak with 250 pokes in yoru pokdex he will tell you about how he finally got it open

pink rhyhorn will just be a kid that has one and he mentions he just came from pinkin island... which is an island you cannot get too... so its unobtainable... crystal onix is just a shiny onix... i recolored the sprite... thats all (there is a vid, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftlc7-ZZMtk)

there are other pokemon from the series that are like pink rhyhorn... just in trainers teams and unobtainable to you...

the rocket pokemon are only on rockets teams... they are stat boosted and recolored pokemon with the best attacks that each pokemon can learn, they also have altered types... and are unobtainable

removing hoenn pokemon was a decision based on the story and It was far easier to reuse their slots than work around the free slot issues.

as for shadow lugia... it will probably not be in the game... but i cannot be 100% sure on that yet...

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • ok... all the pokemon that needed to be special are unobtainable anyway... so pokedex was not an issue... BUT the 25 free slots only have 1 move per... so I would have to delete good pokemon moves to fill up these slots, which could be avoided by giving each one a special moveset per battle and not per pokemon (its irrelivant to the player because they are unobtainable)

removing them entirely was about the story. it needed to be a completable pokedex because that is the trigger that will allow you to open the GSball... when you talk to oak with 250 pokes in yoru pokdex he will tell you about how he finally got it open

pink rhyhorn will just be a kid that has one and he mentions he just came from pinkin island... which is an island you cannot get too... so its unobtainable... crystal onix is just a shiny onix... i recolored the sprite... thats all (there is a vid, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftlc7-ZZMtk)

there are other pokemon from the series that are like pink rhyhorn... just in trainers teams and unobtainable to you...

the rocket pokemon are only on rockets teams... they are stat boosted and recolored pokemon with the best attacks that each pokemon can learn, they also have altered types... and are unobtainable

removing hoenn pokemon was a decision based on the story and It was far easier to reuse their slots than work around the free slot issues.

as for shadow lugia... it will probably not be in the game... but i cannot be 100% sure on that yet...

Actually, you can repoint movesets and add more very easily, so moves aren't a problem.

Shadow lugia needs to be in the game. If you want, I can help you pull off some awesome stuff for it:D.

But yeah, Hoenn needed to be removed based on how much needed to be added and it would make it much easier. This is also the creators choice, the one who did all of the work, so don't say any more about it.

Also, if you want to just battle a pink Ryhorn but never have it availible outside of that one battle, I can pull off some quick ASM (that already have written up for my hack) to allow a sprite switch if you would like.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    Actually, you can repoint movesets and add more very easily, so moves aren't a problem.

I know it can be repointed... but its easier this way lol

Shadow lugia needs to be in the game. If you want, I can help you pull off some awesome stuff for it:D.

I dont know the story of shadow lugia and it was not in the orange islands... BUT it may fit in my story (since its not exactly the anime) so I will have to do some research into what shadow lugia is and why it exists and what all it can do... it would be a hell of a final rocket battle...

Also, if you want to just battle a pink Ryhorn but never have it availible outside of that one battle, I can pull off some quick ASM (that already have written up for my hack) to allow a sprite switch if you would like.

I just made a whole new rhyhorn with the same stats and a new pink sprite ;) i just finished adding in the text for that battle aswell.
    Spoiler:

I have not placed it in the game yet...

and ive been replacing all the sevii trainers into the orange islands... I will alter their levels later when I place wile pokemon... but ive been replacing all standard pokemon in the opponents teams with orange pokemon... like the butterfree and vileplume... would you believe there is only 1 rhyhorn in sevii, 1 vileplume... and NO butterfree... so ill have to add in the butterfree somewhere (not hard to place a butterfree, any bug catcher will be happy with one) or make a whole new opponent with one (also not hard to do, lots of free battle spaces)

and for those wondering... those are the 3 pokemon from the series that you can see but not catch... I made all their sprites ;)

Spoiler:

other than those three and crystal onix there is one more you may recognize from the series... but i think it is in an episode from kanto... and ill keep it a secret ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    Shadow Lugia has been added to the game... but is a lil different than most shadow lugia sprites ive found...

i tried looking for a good sprite (after researching shadow lugia of course) and most sprites made shadow lugia all dark or purple... neither of which are correct... shadow lugias palette is supposed to be inversed from regular lugia... so since the fire red lugia is blue and white (ish) i simply replaced its palette backwards... so shadow lugia is white and blue (ish)...

its just brighter than the images because the xd lugia is darker its inversed palette is darker... fr lugia is happy ;)

anyway, im not 100% sold on the story yet... ill have to revise it, team rocket will get this lugia and after you defeat it it reverts to the normal one and you can then find and capture the regular one... something like that...

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
    Years
  • This looks pretty good and I've wanted this forever, but I honestly don't buy the Shadow Lugia thing...that's from Pokemon XD. Why not just stay true to the anime and play out a scene on Shamouti Island like in Pokemon 2000, with team rocket capturing the 3 legendary birds and freeing Lugia. I just feel that it would be more realistic and true to the anime, obviously taking creative liberties isn't a problem, but Shadow Lugia is really going off on a tangent. Also, will Butch and Cassidy be in this game? You better include the episode where they control all the Pokemon in N. Mandarin with a radio signal haha x]

Also, is Marill in the orange islands, would be cool if we could use him.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    This looks pretty good and I've wanted this forever, but I honestly don't buy the Shadow Lugia thing...that's from Pokemon XD. Why not just stay true to the anime and play out a scene on Shamouti Island like in Pokemon 2000, with team rocket capturing the 3 legendary birds and freeing Lugia. I just feel that it would be more realistic and true to the anime, obviously taking creative liberties isn't a problem, but Shadow Lugia is really going off on a tangent. Also, will Butch and Cassidy be in this game? You better include the episode where they control all the Pokemon in N. Mandarin with a radio signal haha x]

Also, is Marill in the orange islands, would be cool if we could use him.

i added the sprite and battle data for shadow lugia but i am still on the fence... as a pokemon it was in a game i never played... in a region that isnt orange islands... so idk...

as for lugia and pokemon 2000... i cant do it like the movie... cause in theory the player should already own zapdose and articuno... while I could make them not appear in their regular spot till AFTER this event, it would be aweful to not get any legendaries before beating the game... cause all orange island adventure is post game...
    I am not attempting to recreate the anime... (i think there is a hack for that ashgray) it is the players adventure (like how firered is not ash's adventure thru kanto)

but having team rocket mind controll pokemon could be fun... cause your not the first person to ask for it (guess it was a popular episode) i doubt ill be adding butch and cassidy due to them being direct characters from the anime... it would just be... rocket admins or something more game like...

I am considering having a lead rocket member other than giovanni running the orange operation tho... any suggestions (or should it just be more admin and generic badguys) im thinking a bad guy that does not accept that team rocket was defeated... cause he is so far away from kanto he does not really take orders from giovanni... just reports to him... see where im going...

i had more to say... but i gotta run...

oh yeah... marill is a 2nd gen pokemon so it will be in the orange islands...

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
    Years
  • i added the sprite and battle data for shadow lugia but i am still on the fence... as a pokemon it was in a game i never played... in a region that isnt orange islands... so idk...

as for lugia and pokemon 2000... i cant do it like the movie... cause in theory the player should already own zapdose and articuno... while I could make them not appear in their regular spot till AFTER this event, it would be aweful to not get any legendaries before beating the game... cause all orange island adventure is post game...
    I am not attempting to recreate the anime... (i think there is a hack for that ashgray) it is the players adventure (like how firered is not ash's adventure thru kanto)

but having team rocket mind controll pokemon could be fun... cause your not the first person to ask for it (guess it was a popular episode) i doubt ill be adding butch and cassidy due to them being direct characters from the anime... it would just be... rocket admins or something more game like...

I am considering having a lead rocket member other than giovanni running the orange operation tho... any suggestions (or should it just be more admin and generic badguys) im thinking a bad guy that does not accept that team rocket was defeated... cause he is so far away from kanto he does not really take orders from giovanni... just reports to him... see where im going...

i had more to say... but i gotta run...

oh yeah... marill is a 2nd gen pokemon so it will be in the orange islands...

Ash Gray does not include Orange Islands (yet).
    You can take that Team Rocket guy who appeared in the 4.th movie, I forgot his name and he disobeyed Giovanni.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back