• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • So let's say a person has a combination of 2 systems (2DS, 3DS or 3DSXL) would a person find the need to use the PokeBank? From the research I've done it sounds like a player who had 2 systems could still trade Pokemon between systems it's just that it would be slower between that person would have to trade each Pokemon one by one. Is that accurate?

Pokébank would still be useful for also storing your Pokémon so you can restart your games as well without losing all of your Pokémon.

Years
  • Pokébank would still be useful for also storing your Pokémon so you can restart your games as well without losing all of your Pokémon.

Ahhh...so someone can stack up on all the starters, and other rare pokemon from other games. Pretty nifty.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2015
    Revisiting Pokémon - Haven't played since Silver

Hi folks!
    As the title says, I've been interested in getting back into the Pokémon games after an extremely long hiatus. I played Silver a bunch back on the GB Color, and its predecessors once or twice. I must have been still in elementary school since I last invested in the series!

In any case, I've been thinking about picking it up again, as I do remember being fond of the system and the adventure. That said, I've no idea where to start. Things were so much simpler with only two generations! Show me a Pokémon these days and I might not recognize it as one! For an old Johto vet returning to the world, where do you reccomend I start?

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2015
    Thanks for the reply! I'm going to quote a response from my welcome thread, just to get more coverage here; maybe it might provoke more opinions for you!

Thanks for the welcomes!

I think the main appeal for me with these games are the ledgendaries - uncovering their secrets, seeig what they can do, capturing them for yourself, that sort of thing! So I'd unapologetically say that I'd be interested in the games with the most powerful, if not the most interesting ledgendary rosters.

But other than that, I'm really interested in community-based features like trading, battling, socializing over WiFi and the like. I remember when you had to connect your handhelds to do any of that! I'm eager to explore many of the newer features the more contemporary games have introduced, which will most likely manage to hold my attention for a while.

However, I can't say I'm not intimidated by the prospect of playing through several past generations to get caught up. For example, if I go back and jump into gen III or IV, I'd be wary of trying to crawl after everyone who might be wrapping up V and VI. I'm not real sure how the 3DS WiFi works with the newer Pokémon games. Can someone with an older gen still interact with people in higher gens?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Thanks for the reply! I'm going to quote a response from my welcome thread, just to get more coverage here; maybe it might provoke more opinions for you!

I just saw this, but if you looking to start a game with alot of legends, I would suggest you to play pokemon OR or AS as you can obtain almost of of the legends in those 2 games and in my opinion those are really fun with lots of this to do once the E4 has been beaten.

Years
  • As the others said, I'd recommend OR/AS since it'll give you a Hoenn fix while allowing you to get adjusted to 6th Gen mechanics as well. Some say it's not as challenging as the original versions, but story-wise it's a huge improvement compared to the original R/S.

Given you're a person who hasn't played since G/S/C Johto, it'd be best you follow the regions in order from when they came out and while it's tricky to get 3rd Gen these days, the aforementioned OR/AS would still give you your fix of those games while still being fresh and updated.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Hi folks!
    As the title says, I've been interested in getting back into the Pokémon games after an extremely long hiatus. I played Silver a bunch back on the GB Color, and its predecessors once or twice. I must have been still in elementary school since I last invested in the series!

In any case, I've been thinking about picking it up again, as I do remember being fond of the system and the adventure. That said, I've no idea where to start. Things were so much simpler with only two generations! Show me a Pokémon these days and I might not recognize it as one! For an old Johto vet returning to the world, where do you reccomend I start?

Thanks!

Ah, nice to see another old fan around here! :) Gen 2 was the last one I really invested in, too.

As to where you should start, well, if you can still find them, I'd go with HGSS. They're Gen 2 remakes, so it's a familiar story and setting, and their mechanics are reasonably modern. (At least, enough to get you into things like Abilities, Natures, the P/S Split, newer moves/Pokémon, and so on.) They're DS games, too, so they can still be played on the newest handheld.

If you want something newer, I'd probably go with either XY or ORAS. XY are a new story/setting, but they're extremely easy and have many callbacks to the older games, while ORAS are remakes of the Gen 3 games that you missed, are also fairly easy, and have many features that XY lack. (Which are necessary if you want to get into competitive.)

Hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2015
    Thanks, guys! I think I'm set on ORAS. Since they're remakes of gen III, I can continue where I left off, in a sense and get accustomed to the new features. Also, RNC mentioned being able to obtain lots of ledgendaries in these - that's definitely got my interest. As for which version of ORAS to get, I haven't decided. I'll have to give the unique lists a readover.
    If I play ORAS and gather up the legendaries avaliable, can I then go play through the older IV-V games and add rares not in my version of ORAS to my roster?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just downloaded the Pokemon Bank and it's update to 1.2, however, when do I get charged the 4.99 for it? I thought you had to pay when you downloaded it.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Just downloaded the Pokemon Bank and it's update to 1.2, however, when do I get charged the 4.99 for it? I thought you had to pay when you downloaded it.

You should get charged the first day you use it I think. You weren't given a free trial period or anything like that were you?

Years
  • You should get charged the first day you use it I think. You weren't given a free trial period or anything like that were you?

No, I wasn't. However, I downloaded before I started playing Pokemon X and all it said was that I needed to have a Pokemon X and the pokedex in order to use it and then it sent me back to the home page. I probably have to transfer first. Is that right?

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2015
    what emulator is the best for games like Pokémon Sweet and Uranium and other games like them if u know can u give me the download link thanks. :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    New To Pokemon

Hey everyone,
    I used to watch people play Red & Blue when I was younger. I never owned the game long enough to really get into it until quite recently.
    Fire Red is one I decided to start off with and so far I have 23 pokemon and 3 badges. lol

For now, I'm playing it off of an emulator, but I'm planning on getting 2 DS lites with Diamond & Pearl, because my GF wants to get in on the action too. Does this make sense? Where would I go after those games? Black and White for DS? There's so many titles and Fire Red was the game I chose to start off to see if it really grabs me. So far so good! My starter was Charmander and he's evolved. I really wish I got into this many years ago.

This game reminds me of roaming around an rpg like classic Zelda games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering, what the best nature for Giratina (Origin Forme) is? Thank you for your advice and input, it is greatly appreciated!!! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back