• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frozen Ice Cream ~Ice-Type Lovers~

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
Years
  • Do you think Empoleon should have been part Ice instead of steel?

Well,
    1. It's a penguin so of course (although there are penguins that live on islands that are not even near a source of ice.

2. It looks part Ice/Water/Steel.... But more Water than Ice.

3. I think if it had an Ice-based coloring or maybe a few added details that deal with ice would have been better suited.

Final Answer: No, I don't think it should be an Ice-type pokemon instead of Steel

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Name: Anna
    Partner Pokemon: Glalie, if you please.

Do you think Empoleon should have been part Ice instead of steel?
    No. Water/Ice would have been as cliche as Fire/Fighting. Empoleon has the bearing of a steel-type, despite it being based off of a penguin. The adding of Ice decor on its body could have helped were it to be a partial Ice-type, but the markings and bodily structure of the Pokemon are reminiscent of the durable Steel-type.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Hmm I agree, I think the ice/water typing was unique and was kind of cool. Ice would have been fine too but it looks like a steel type. As TheSmartOne said, it's body resembles a steel type well and I think steel suits just fine.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Name: Pokemon Trainer Touko (Kelsey)
    Partner Pokemon: Can I please have Vanilluxe? XD

picture.php

Seriously? Ice type? It has a metal fork on it's forehead! XD

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years

picture.php

Welcome hope you enjoy your time here,
    Good point there a metal fork on its forhead i thought it was a crown but i still think primplup should have been ice/water so it would make sence for maby empoleon to be ice/steel cause penguins live in the ice and there is kinda these crystaly things on the arm that make it look like an ice cube its just the collors that make it look water so i think its good to stick with steel/water although steel/ice would make sence but one thing for sure i think primplup should have been water/ice or water/steel too just to make sence a little more.

Last edited:
    Years

picture.php

haha yes you can have Vanilluxe :D and the metal fork is a good point...

Name: Anna
    Partner Pokemon: Glalie, if you please.

No. Water/Ice would have been as cliche as Fire/Fighting. Empoleon has the bearing of a steel-type, despite it being based off of a penguin. The adding of Ice decor on its body could have helped were it to be a partial Ice-type, but the markings and bodily structure of the Pokemon are reminiscent of the durable Steel-type.

Nice answer :D and both of you are accepted :D

shinysweety

Years
  • Ok thats that sorted well i gues we should start a new topic,
    New topic: Do you thing any pokemon should have been part ice or pure?

I think like we said maby Empoleon but i think Primplup should have defenatly been part ice and maby seel too.

Last edited:

shinysweety

Years
  • New topic: Do you thing any pokemon should have been part ice or pure?

362MS.png
    I think Glaie should have been Ice/Dark

Yeah i think Glalie should have been Ice/Dark too cause actualy since now i thought Glalie was a Ice/Dark type LOL!

P.S Maby Suicune should have been Water/Ice.
    P.SS you spelt Glalie wrong.....

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah i think Glalie should have been Ice/Dark too cause actualy since now i thought Glalie was a Ice/Dark type LOL!

P.S Maby Suicune should have been Water/Ice.
    P.SS you spelt Glalie wrong.....
    Yeah it's a pure Ice Pokemon :P

If Suicune was was Water/Ice, then Raikou and Entei would have to have a second type also.... how would that work... (maybe a redesign) :S (Spelled right?)

lol i spelled Glalie wrong :P... wow, and you would know that wouldn't you haha.

shinysweety

Years
  • Yeah it's a pure Ice Pokemon :P

If Suicune was was Water/Ice, then Raikou and Entei would have to have a second type also.... how would that work... (maybe a redesign) :S (Spelled right?)

lol i spelled Glalie wrong :P... wow, and you would know that wouldn't you haha.

True but not just for Entie and Raiku to have a second type i just figured out that suicun is based on a unicorn cause it has a beard kind of a horn for the big oval thingy on his head and when you drink WATER from its horn well i dont know exactly but yeah water is good.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Bulbapedia-

"Suicune is based on the Chinese and Japanese Qilin, a form of unicorn that has traits of deer, giraffes, and other beasts. It is able to walk on water and is known to be a powerful and peaceful creature. The horn on Suicune's head matches the description of the beast's antler's and the long dragon-like muzzle. The spots of Suicune are also significant, seeming to combine the spots of a leopard, taking homage from Fujin, the Shinto god of The North Wind, who wears leopard skin; also some species of leopards are found in Asia and are featured in myths that show it is an important and widely respected sacred animal like the Qilin. Being a Pokémon that represents the wind and rain, Suicune may also be based on Anitong Tabo, who according to the Philippine mythology, was the goddess of winds and rains. Suicune also shares several of its traits with wolves, especially the Gray wolf, such as its long white snout, legs, and darker body. The way Suicune is often shown howling at the sky in the anime supports this, though the clouds on its back are similar to a Maned wolf's ample fur. Suicune's cooler habitat is also reminiscent of wolves that inhabit Alaska. It also shares traits with the Snow Leopard."

I doubt it's based off a unicorn... but the big ovaly thing on it's head it meant to be a "Crystal" as in the it's the Mascot for Pokemon Crystal.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd like to join in here as well. After all, I was a member of the previous club too. As for my partner Pokemon... I'd like to have Glaceon, please.

Moving on to the current topic, I too think that Glalie should have been Ice/Dark considering how it appears to me as a counterpart to Froslass, which is a Ice/Ghost type.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Do you think any Pokemon should have been part Ice and/or pure?

I think Snorunt and Glalie should be Ice/Dark or Ice/Ghost type instead of pure ice.

picture.php
    picture.php

They look evil. XD

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • lol well I thought it was half dark XD I think GF has been quite stingy on the dark types.

I love Frosslass way better than Glalie btw. GLALIE LOOKS EVILL!

shinysweety

Years
  • Snorunt ain't as scary as the others. But don't you think that their teeth is freaky? It seems like their about to attack.... *____*

ohhh if thats what they meant then snorunts teeth is kinda scary but at the same time cute but i dont think its like hes gona atack i always thought that but glalie's teeth are smaller than snorunts............

Last edited:

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • i do not understand why i did not join this earlier.
    after the dying of the previous ICEclub, too..
    ANYWAY.

NAME: hiinotama
    PARDNER: Snout the Swinub. [if taken, i'll go with Snorunt. XD;]

EMPOLEONICE?
    no. i explained that plenty in the previous group and many people have explained it here so thats that. XD;

GLALIEDARK?
    mhm, DARKtype would fit Glalie, but maybe GHOSTtype too? i know it's supposed to be the other side of Froslass, cause you even use Dawn Stone to kindof 'lighten' the type abit..
    but they might be the same type too.. kindof like Gardevoir and Gallade
    still i do think i like the DARKtype Glalie more..
    thinking this through way too much

as for more would-be ICEtypes.. ill think of them later. XD;

shinysweety

Years
  • i do not understand why i did not join this earlier.
    after the dying of the previous ICEclub, too..
    ANYWAY.

NAME: hiinotama
    PARDNER: Snout the Swinub. [if taken, i'll go with Snorunt. XD;]

EMPOLEONICE?
    no. i explained that plenty in the previous group and many people have explained it here so thats that. XD;

GLALIEDARK?
    mhm, DARKtype would fit Glalie, but maybe GHOSTtype too? i know it's supposed to be the other side of Froslass, cause you even use Dawn Stone to kindof 'lighten' the type abit..
    but they might be the same type too.. kindof like Gardevoir and Gallade
    still i do think i like the DARKtype Glalie more..
    thinking this through way too much

as for more would-be ICEtypes.. ill think of them later. XD;

Hey hiinotama thought you would join soon since you did on the other ice club,
    If Glailie was part ghost it would be able to vanish the point that frosslass is part ghost and Glailie can vanish so not ghost no no no but i think dark should have been one of Glalies types,
    Also if Glalie can vanish Ice/ghost would defenatly have been the right choice but not psychic.

P.S Glad ya joined hiinotama ma old buddy!LOL! XD

Last edited:
    Back