• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frozen Ice Cream ~Ice-Type Lovers~

Years
  • let's keep this going...

New Topic:

Steel is super effective on Ice Types?
    If you don't like it why would you change it?
    Does it make sense????

My Answer:

I hate it with all the blood in my body! I mean really how does a gigantic steel bar beat a gigantic Iceberg... (looks at the Titanic >.>)

I'm not saying that ice would be Super effective on Steel it'd be normal x1 effectiveness and vice versa.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Steel is just fine being super-effective against Ice. Think about it. You've got a steel pole. Winter comes, it gets iced over... but come spring what's there? The ice or the steel pole?

And if you throw a steel ball at a block of ice, it's gonna crack. Believe me, I've thrown shot-puts at blocks of ice. It was fun.

About the Titanic... it was only steel frames. The insides were hollow. And the amount of steel vs that about of ice, with additional factors of acceleration and immovability, is just not gonna hold up.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Pink Typhlosion said:
    New Topic:

Steel is super effective on Ice Types?
    Does it make since????

You mean "make sense"?

Anyways, Yeah, I know what you're saying. It doesn't make sense. Steel is cold-hard but doesn't break. Ice is also cold-hard but it's the opposite. It breaks into itty-bitty pieces. So, it should be the other way. Ice types should be weak against steel.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • You mean "make sense"?

Anyways, Yeah, I know what you're saying. It doesn't make sense. Steel is cold-hard but doesn't break. Ice is also cold-hard but it's the opposite. It breaks into itty-bitty pieces. So, it should be the other way. Ice types should be weak against steel.

True true ice is hard too its just steel is harder so i think the same as meganium90.

Years
  • Steel is super effective on Ice Types?
    Does it make sense????

Aim
    To prove that Steel is super-effective on Ice.

Material Required
    A hammer, a piece of ice.

Procedure
    1. Keep the piece of ice in still position.
    2. Smash it with the hammer.

Observation

Ice is shattered completely.

Precautions
    Take care not to hit your hand with the hammer.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • Anyways, Yeah, I know what you're saying. It doesn't make sense. Steel is cold-hard but doesn't break. Ice is also cold-hard but it's the opposite. It breaks into itty-bitty pieces. So, it should be the other way. Ice types should be weak against steel.

... um, yeah.. that's the way it is, right?
    ICEtypes ARE weak against STEELattacks. XD;

also, kudos to the scientific evidence.

so yeah,
    i fully agree with the effectiveness the way it is, too.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Goodness, so blunt and demanding.

If you really are so concerned with a change of topic, perhaps we could discuss something along the lines of ice moves and Pokemon in Contests? I don't really know.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • Goodness, so blunt and demanding.

If you really are so concerned with a change of topic, perhaps we could discuss something along the lines of ice moves and Pokemon in Contests? I don't really know.

Hey im not blunting or demanding its called "Just saying" dont you know that,
    Anyway maby contests that would be a nice topic ok here goes,
    New topic: What ice moves would be best for wich ice pokemon in contests?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • You were being blunt and demanding in how you presented your opinions, and completely selfish. What if others weren't bored of the topic, hmm? I know about "just saying", and I know about not-so-subtle demands. I also know about grammar and spelling, which you seem rather oblivious to.

In response to the topic, I tend to like Hoenn contests best so the moves and such will be based off how they worked in Hoenn.
    Powder Snow/Blizzard (+4) and Icy Wind (+1, Jam: 3) are always favorite moves of mine to use. And I generally use the Spheal family in my contests, or Snorunt family.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • it seems someone finally said what we've all been thinking XD;
    still, let's not start a fight here people. much less with a ten-year-old, come on.

now for the topic.
    CONTESTMOVES?
    ... honestly, i never entered contests much, but taking a look at my Hoenn Pokémon, i think Ice Ball would've done okay. cause my spheal knows it

but maybe when combined with Powder Snow and Ice Beam/Icy Wind, it might make a solid moveset.
    . . . but i honestly don't know much about contests. all i was ever good at was dancing in the weird Sinnoh contests. XD;

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd like to join :)

Name: Suicune™ (Joe)
    Partner Pokémon: Vanilluxe
    584MS.png

Steel is super effective on Ice Types? If you don't like it why would you change it? Does it make since???? - Eh..? :(

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • it seems someone finally said what we've all been thinking XD;
    still, let's not start a fight here people. much less with a ten-year-old, come on.
    I do it for the people. /stretching the truth

And I totally sucked at Sinnoh Contests because of the dancing bit. ;-; /no rhythm

Hi, Suicune! Don't worry about that topic, as we've got a new one now- something along the lines of What ice Pokemon do you thing do well in contests/do you use in contests? What ice moves are best Contest-wise?

Years
  • I'd like to join :)

Name: Suicune™ (Joe)
    Partner Pokémon: Vanilluxe
    584MS.png

Steel is super effective on Ice Types? If you don't like it why would you change it? Does it make since???? - Eh..? :(

Welcome to the club Suicune. I updated the topic so we don't have any more confusions. :)

The more members the better :)

TOPIC ANSWER:

I used to do Contest alot in Ruby, but once I got Diamond I got tired of them really fast. I used Powder Snow ALOT of the time :) ♥ Snorunt

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm not too fond of the whole "contests" thing since I've only tried it once. lol Contest-wise, I would say Ice Beam and Ice Shard make pretty good contest moves.

Back