• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do when you are depressed/angry?

Napalm

Careful! That Stuff Burns!
Years
  • These situations are hard to deal with, depending on what caused it, but no matter what, I don't go psycho about it. Normally, I play guitar or listen to music. That normally takes the anger out of me.

What do you tend to do normally?

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • I just storm to my room,cry because life's not fair and then listen to Green Day to calm myself down.....On the 21st Century Breakdown disc,I tend to avoid to listen to track 14....

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I usually just keep it in. I know its not good for me but I don't really like to show emotion. My friends always told me if you do you show your weak points.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I beat the crap outta X enemy on a video game, or I go up to the fish pond in my back garden and sit there for a while. ^_^ Going to my room and punching pillows also helps, as does sleeping. When I wake up, I don't feel so bad. 8D

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • Nothing. I've become so numb to those emotions they don't even bother me anymore. The feeling feels like "*Shrug*"

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Frustrated: usually, I go back to what I was doing. I tend to only get frustrated if I'm interrupted while doing something I feel is important. And then, it only lasts for the duration of the interruption.

Depressed: I haven't gotten seriously depressed for years, since back when I was being (falsely) medicated for it (funny story; turns out anti-depressants have the opposite effect on children and that doctors aren't even supposed to prescribe them for kids, not to mention that I didn't need them to begin with). I'd usually just lay in bed if I was depressed and go to sleep; by the time I woke up, I was usually over it.

Edit: oh, come to think of it, I was depressed when my ex broke up with me. Yeah, I just kind of slept it off, now that I think about it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • For both I tend to just pick up a video game and play, taking breaks to check email or something, but for the most part I just hole myself up in my room for a bit until I calm down or feel better. As with all negative emotions I just kind of ignore them till they go away. Probably not healthy but it seems to work! :D

So yes, video games are great distractions 'cause you can immerse yourself in something else entirely and take your mind off things for a while and sometimes, when you go back to think about it, it's not nearly as upsetting as it was at first.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I'm a pretty passive person. If I'm genuinely upset, I'll run to the DVD player and pop in Arrested Development.

jaimelectric

Has finally obtained all 493!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    Like Noodle, I'm a pretty passive person. When I'm upset enough to actually be crying, I usually hide my face in a pillow and then fall asleep or start wailing on my best friend Dan until he stops me and makes that face he does that just... makes everything better.

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    When I'm depressed, I just continue life. Often I'll start talking to someone on MSN and forget all about it. As for angry, I go and play Call of Duty. xD

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Crack open a few cold beers, sling on some Johnny cash and just sit it out.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    well i used to just sit down in a quiet place for a sec,take a deep breath,think about it for a while and that's it.
    now i talk with my girlfriend...she makes my day! or if i can't,then it's youtube>scrubs LOL

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I used to draw and cook or just do something with my hands and bottle it inside..
    But recently I've been talking to Corey and I still do a bit of doodling to let everything flow out~

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • When I'm depressed or angry, I try to get as far away from whatever is upsetting me as possible. Whether that entails taking a walk, taking a drive, or just locking myself in my room, I do whatever it takes to be alone with my thoughts. It's funny how most people suggest talking things out, but I think that would just enrage me even more in most situations. :x

Good thing it usually takes quite a bit before I'm truly angry or depressed. I'm generally an easy-going guy.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • For anger, I either go to the gym and punch the **** out of the punching bags or take it out in a violent video game.

For depression, I usually come here or watch random crap on YouTube in order to get my mind off of it. ^_^

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I blast my tunes eue
    really loudly, and sing to myself when im down

when im angry
    i just get all pissery at people :D

Back