• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do when you are depressed/angry?

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I tend to not show much emotion and im quite a passive person. But when i get angry i tend to become rather quiet and ive been told i have a look in my eye that makes me look like im about to kill someone. Usually i will repress it but if im really pushed over the edge i will go beserk and insult the culprit until they apologise. When im mildly depressed or i am in a mild anger i listen to some utada, usually works. I will also mask the anger like most emotions. If im in quite down then i usually just remain really withdrawn and eat.

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I fool myself. When I have bad grades, I'll say "Oh, I'm pretty sure a goodthing's gonna happen now." When I've been embarassed, My thoughts would go "Oh, maybe they'll get amnesia when a meteor detonates the world." It's pretty stupid, but it lightens the load.

k1ng0fh3artz

NOOBIE HACKER
    Years
  • i slice my wrist open with plastic spoons and watch the purdy red color roll out as i pass out fromt he loss of blood and wake up in a strange place lonely and scared and then i repeat this from the top :D

lol anyways i like to punch holes in my wall and not sleep cuz insomnia haha :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Well, when I'm depressed at low levels, then I just try thinking about something else that is fun, talk to my little bro who is the closest person to me, and it becomes okay after a while.
    When I'm angry and/or frustrated at low levels, I get over it after a while by repeating the steps for depression, but this time I also think how to solve the matter which made me feel this way.

However, when I'm angry/frustrated/depressed at extremely high levels, which most of the people here have probably never imagined of, let alone experienced, then I can do a whole lot.
    I have a lot of problems in my life just because of the high levels of these negative emotions and the low levels of positive emotions. They badly affect me to the point to make me mentally sick.
    But I can still take it. For these strong ones, I bear with myself and my mind, and plan out a way to solve them or escape from them all and start over, and this plan must work in order for me to become like a normal person.
    All I want to say is that, it was only once in my entire life that somehow such emotions got free for a while, and I almost killed someone. Ever since then, I have learned to either control my emotions freely at will, or if not possible then I just bear with myself. It gets better if you plan out.

MUSION

>:)
    Years
  • I don't really get depressed nowadays, my life's too good :)

I do however get mildly angry once in a while, usually for one of two reasons

1) I keep taking lame hits on DMC3 while trying to SS a Mission.
    Action: Call the pixelated enemy this that and the other. If it goes on for too long and I start getting frustrated I'll punch my wall, it's got a thin layer of some insulation stuff on it, so IT takes more damage than my hand :D (only happened twice so far)

2) My brothers won't leave me a-frickin'-lone (generally while I'm on my laptop).
    Action: Shout at them, simple as. If they're REALLY annoying me I might slam my door behind them when they get the hell out. 10 mins later I'll probs be fine. (I can't hold a grudge at all XD)

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • When I'm angry or depressed, I shut down. I stop talking, I stop caring about everything around me. I act like I'm on auto pilot while my mind carries on in its own little world. I pass my problems off as nothing, so not many people ask what's wrong. However, there are times when I just want to vent and end up surprising everyone around me. Sometimes I end up tearing up and it gets everyone worried since they know that something serious must have happened for me to get that upset (I'm a bubbly person).

And if I can, I find my diary or a piece of paper and I write about it. As you can tell by my elaborate answers to even simple threads, I love to share my experiences or let out my feelings. It's easier to express myself through writing than it is through words, so I find that getting my feelings down let me cope with them. I'm able to recognize and confront my anger or sadness or any other emotion by writing it down. It's a way for me to stop running away from my issues and burrying them down. :]

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    When I'm angry, I'm usually really angry. I don't think straight and I make all these ideas in my head to get back at the person or myself for making me so angry. Fact: I am an unusually emotional person.

Hotaru

Nostalgia Strikes Again
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    It actually takes quite a bit to make me mad, and I don't show it when I am. D: When I'm agitated or something, I tend to just keep to myself. Drawing is an excellent stress-reliever, and is always better when there's good music to accompany it.

Years
  • *Laugh*

You'd have to do something REALLY stupid to make me mad. If I get mad, I think you'd have to K.O me. XD

But if it's regular agitation, I'll just hit up the PS2, and play some Persona.

Years
  • Well, Im a really senstive and emotinal.

So when I'm angry I yell and cry at the same. Then I run upstairs into my room and then in a few minutes I will get hungry and run down like nothing happend:P

When Im sad I cry like crazy in my room letting it all. Then when most of my tears stop I get my ipod I listen to all my sad songs for a while, then after I'll start listening to happier ones. After I write in my journal about what made me sad. I usally star crying again, but after a while I stop. I then read over my diary and laugh at how silly I acted.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I stay away from people and try not to talk to anyone, so people know that they have upset me or that I'm upset. Usually, someone will try to confront me and ask me what is wrong, and, after a little coaxing, I end up telling them. It's usually just me and my mood swings, though, so I get over it by the end of the day.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I listen to rather heavy and depressing music, then grow angry and complain about it to other people who bother to listen.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • I've never reached a point so low in my life where I would consider myself "depressed". However, like everyone else I have experienced anger, and the usual method of relieving that anger is to stop whatever the source is. For example, if I become frustrated with a game, I'll stop playing it. If I become frustrated with the irrationality of a parent or teacher, I will appeal to their emotion with rhetoric and at least moderate the illogic. Et cetera.

As for dealing with anger in a situation you cannot evade or change, it's hard, but there's nothing left to do but accept the situation. The only alternative is feeling anger, while still being unable to change the situation.

Jad

Pokemon And Megaman Fan
    Years
  • sometime break stuff
    street fight
    eat
    play pc

sometime break stuff
    street fight
    eat
    play pc

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I don't get angry.
    When I'm 'depressed', I do nothing and continue acting as I normally do.

Back