• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Froakie produces a large mane of bubbles from its chest and back and has two small bubbles on its nose. The delicate yet flexible bubbles, called Frubbles (Japanese: ケロムース Keromousse), reduce the damage Froakie takes from attacks.

Thank you Bulbapedia.

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
Frubbles is a funny term, anyway...In a world where slowpoke tail is a delicacy, yes. I probably would eat Pokémon without much thought. Most people don't scrutinize what they eat as they shove it down their mouths, and to me, it doesn't matter all that much

Years
I don't think the Frubbles do anything, do they? At least, I haven't noticed anything different while playing the games (then again, it's been a while since I played Y, so maybe I just overlooked it). Cool name though, I guess.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't believe they do; it might just be one of those things they added into their PokéDex entry just for the sake of having content. Haha. Though, if it did play a role, it would have been pretty interesting to see of it all works and whatnot.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Frubbles are used often in the anime. At least, they were in the earlier episodes (I've only watched up to like episode 17 or so). Froakie would throw them like a ninja throws things, and these sticky frubbles can slow down or trap an opponent.

Also, comic! Nice to see others doing them. ^-^

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I haven't watched the current anime, but I like that they're making stuff exclusive to the anime to set it apart from the games.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I Just want to know if Greninja can use Frubble like Froakie does.
It can use the bubble in its Forearms.
After all , Greninja doesn't like its Arm being Touch in Pokemon Amie !

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I haven't watched the current anime, but I like that they're making stuff exclusive to the anime to set it apart from the games.

This is how it's always been, if I recall, haha. Though, I personally don't like it; in my opinion, the more anime and games resemble each other, the better, as it gives me (and plenty of other people, I'm sure) a feel that it's possible to do anything in latter that the characters had done in former, among other things.

Years
I think that's why Pokemon Origins was so popular, was because it basically followed the storyline of the Kanto games, rather than just the games as a loose base of the story. That doesn't mean that I don't like some of the things added to the anime that we don't see in the games (like the Orange Islands), but at this point, I'd rather watch more series like Pokemon Origins than go back to the regular anime.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I Just want to know if Greninja can use Frubble like Froakie does.
It can use the bubble in its Forearms.
After all , Greninja doesn't like its Arm being Touch in Pokemon Amie !

Maybe. I have like no experience with greninja, but I guess it doesn't want its trainer getting frubbles all over their hand? Kind of like honedge doesn't want its trainer to touch its sash for fear of the trainer's safety. Also, even if greninja doesn't like its arm being touched, it probably doesn't mind touching its own arms, so it would be able to use frubbles.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I think that's why Pokemon Origins was so popular, was because it basically followed the storyline of the Kanto games, rather than just the games as a loose base of the story. That doesn't mean that I don't like some of the things added to the anime that we don't see in the games (like the Orange Islands), but at this point, I'd rather watch more series like Pokemon Origins than go back to the regular anime.

Was it really that popular ???
I cheek the rating and the 'Pokemon BW Special' at the same week got more rating then 'Pokemon Origins'!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Sadly, I didn't get chance to watch much of Pokémon Origin, but from what I have seen, it was actually pretty interesting. It's great when it comes to refreshing, that's for sure, as it takes a completely different approach. Loved how they based their story off games, rather than something else, and since I had played them, it was pretty intriguing to see all of it in animation. Definitely going to finish viewing the whole thing at some point!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Was it really that popular ???
I cheek the rating and the 'Pokemon BW Special' at the same week got more rating then 'Pokemon Origins'!
Well, the original pokémon anime has a huge loyal fanbase, I suppose. But I bet more of the fans who prefer the games watched Pokémon Origins than the regular anime! Like me, for example.

Sadly, I didn't get chance to watch much of Pokémon Origin, but from what I have seen, it was actually pretty interesting. It's great when it comes to refreshing, that's for sure, as it takes a completely different approach. Loved how they based their story off games, rather than something else, and since I had played them, it was pretty intriguing to see all of it in animation. Definitely going to finish viewing the whole thing at some point!
Oh, please do! I really loved how they did battles and pokémon in general in Origins. And also it was pretty cool that they kept having a plot with Mewtwo after the League, even if it was a bit boring. Still!

So how much do we dare to hope for another anime promo or even anime spin-off set in Hoenn now? :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
So how much do we dare to hope for another anime promo or even anime spin-off set in Hoenn now? :3

That would be inexplicably amazing, haha. Hoenn is my all-time favorite region, so my opinion is bound to be a little biased towards it, but I'm sure many of us could agree that it would certainly be fun to watch.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hoenn isn't my favorite :p or, well, the Hoenn games were definitely the ones I had the most fun playing, but that might have been because I had Ruby for the longest time. And the gameplay is smooth and simple.

Johto, now we're talking beautiful stuff <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back